Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » Beyond Jazz Jackrabbit 2

Screen Shots of a 3D fangame

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Jan 23, 2003, 07:23 PM
Screen Shots of a 3D fangame

Copy and paste

http://purrhead.tripod.com/jazz3d/jazzerx2.jpg

http://purrhead.tripod.com/jazz3d/diamondus002.jpg

http://purrhead.tripod.com/jazz3d/diamondus003.jpg

If anyone from Epic is looking at this, may I have the privelage of making this game available to the other jazzers?

about 10% complete
Multiplayer will not be available

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 23, 2003, 07:25 PM
Lots and lots of tile bugs. Fix.

JCF Member

Jan 23, 2003, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I lost those graphics, anyways, when I moved the files. Picky picky, but you do have a point. When I remake the graphics, I'll fix that.

By the way, this is bloody hard work, and I'm not being paid, so don't expect anything epic quality. A lot of things will be cut. Sorry, I'm just a little stressed from working too hard :P. A team! A team! I need a team!

JCF Member

Jan 23, 2003, 08:17 PM
Does anyone want to help on this project? I'd like some help from artists, modelers, and level designers. It would make the project go along faster.
¿Ðàrkér¿ TRC

JCF Member

¿Ðàrkér¿ TRC is doing well so far

Jan 23, 2003, 08:24 PM
uh, very neat, kinda buggy though

JCF Member

Jan 23, 2003, 08:35 PM
It isn't that buggy, just mistextured :P
JanusJackrabbit

JCF Member

JanusJackrabbit has disabled reputation

Jan 24, 2003, 06:54 AM
What program are you using?

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Jan 24, 2003, 07:08 AM
I wish I could help,but I can neither do programming nor do I have any great graphic programs...^_^;;

But,if you have a level-creator like JJ2 has one I could make some levels I think...or gimme an other job...or just do it without me! XD
*feels useless*

(Well I do have GIMP at least...*cough*)

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jan 24, 2003, 07:51 AM
I would help you, but I prefer leading projects or working alone. I also hav a lot I'm doing right now. I'm also feeling pretty sick today... If I die, tell Darker he can have this bomb I made, as long as he promises to light it while holding it.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Jan 24, 2003, 12:43 PM
Cool graphics. When Jazz VS Sonic saw this, it has hidden under my bed and didn't want to come out until I gave it some cake. Am I wrong or this is FPP? If yes, then no longer I have to think about Jazz in Action (at least unless your game is a junk or doesn't have multiplayer, and I hope that this words won't come true).

Funny that you didn't use ANY JJ2 or JJ1 graphics. Never seen somebody make Jazz2 fangame like this before.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2003, 01:09 PM
I'm using 3D gamestudio, but there are programs you can download for free to make levels for it. It is nice that I can use quake 1 levels and quake 2 models with this program. (because there are free editors out there to make these things) Gamestudio will cost someone at least 50 dollars.

You have gimp, eh? And you said you don't have any great graphics programs? Let me show you something I did with GIMP

http://purrhead.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sophianight.jpg

Gimp is a powerful program, and my weapon of choice . (Mainly because I can't afford Photoshop)

Sadly this won't be multiplayer (visit www.3dgamestudio.com and see why it isn't multiplayer) *snicker* (Or I could just tell you that I can't afford $1250)

This game will be third person (first person optional) The reason you don't see Jazz in those screenshots is because... well, I don't have a jazz model... the model that is running through those levels is some man with green hair who isn't wearing a shirt, and that certainly is not jazz.... funny... green hair, no shirt... sounds like jazz actually.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2003, 01:15 PM
By the way, diamondus is turning out good, but please keep in mind, I'm only a beginning/moderate experienced level designer. I fealt cool as beans when I made this stupid tree thing... it just has a fun look to it :P Has platforms you can jump on. That, and I was excited at some of the angles I made some blocks at :P (Hey, after getting so many errors because I did it wrong, it was absolutely great to find out I did it right :P)

By the way, Piccolo, what did you have in mind? What kind of art do you want to do?

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 24, 2003, 01:30 PM
Wow,I've gotta train my GIMP-abilities more...o_o;;;

Best things I did with GIMP yet are
Tombery,the Lord of Evil
and
Venea ...
Not the best stuff you can find,but I'm proud...*cough*

So,if you want my help,you may give me a job...^_^;;;
I'll work hard if my work's gonna be published in a game...*drools*

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 24, 2003, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hare
By the way, Piccolo, what did you have in mind? What kind of art do you want to do?
Oh,I'm good at character design...and I can make goodies levels with an easy-to-use tool...^^;

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 24, 2003, 01:35 PM
I have to write a drawing tutorial or something for all the sucky people (no offence, Faw).

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2003, 01:36 PM
Hare, you make me feel tiny. I have to work even more on DD and JVS or else I'll think I've shrunk to nothing!!!

Wow, I finished next CTF level for DD today. Just look how I mobilized myself. I'm proud. Of my hamster. He has bitten a bad burglar who looked like JSZ Spaz.

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2003, 03:25 PM
I'm making this game for the Jazz community, not to put everyone else down. I realize how much fun I'd have if someone made a game like this, and I want this for the community. Your work is still good, and as Issac Newton said, "If I have seen farther, it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants". I have only gotten this good because someone else does better than me, and has gone before me. I know you have a good strong spirit for your work. "do not despise the day of small beginnings" as one person once stated. The work you are doing on jazz vs spaz would have amazed me when I was your age. I'm 21 now (maybe you'll feel less overwhelmed if you know I'm an adult). By the time you are my age, your skill will far surpass what I am making here, if you continue to grow.

I think you are doing a great job... and if you want to build 3d levels, take it slow, I think I popped a cerebral lobe trying to figure this stuff out :P. *chuckles*

by the way, look at the latest games out in stores then look at this, I still have a ways to go too.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 24, 2003, 03:30 PM
Hare, you'd make more money selling your inspirational speeches than you would making games =P.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2003, 03:32 PM
By the way, Piccolo, perhaps I can show you a few tricks with GIMP sometime.

Lets start out with something vitally important to doing good CGI art, Layers. Are you familiar with using Layers?

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 24, 2003, 03:37 PM
Wasn't there a topic about using layers on Noogy's forum?

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2003, 03:44 PM
Careful, Radium, I could take that the wrong way (You are saying I make bad games? *sniffle*) Haha, joking. I understand what you mean, and even if you say I'm below par on my game creation, I myself know I have a long way to go.

And to tell the truth, if you ever talked to me in real life, you'd wonder if I was the same person. I have a mental disability (so I may not act my age all the time), and a severe case of dorkiness :P. LOL. I just open up better when I write.

I'll go back to designing levels while listening to some JJ mods. *chuckles*

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2003, 03:46 PM
Hmm... yeah, there may have been some info on layers on the ol' noogmeister forum.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 24, 2003, 03:51 PM
Real life, what's that?
I didn't mean that you make bad games, sry if you took that wrong...

Well, I'm off to teach small kids how to use matches and knives, seeya =P.

JCF Member

Jan 25, 2003, 03:27 AM
21? Well, then we're OK. I didn't thought someone like oyu plays JJ2 I'm 13, and I do what I can to make Devil Dash BLAST all of you. Soon I'll write a thread about some Devil Dash features, and now I'll tell only one: a total of over 70 levels will be given within episode 1!

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Jan 26, 2003, 09:16 PM
i can help! i've got adobe photoshop 7.0, if i ever decide to install it.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 27, 2003, 09:09 AM
Yay for tutorials!
And YAY for mental disability!=B

JCF Member

BlazinDragon is doing well so far

Jan 28, 2003, 09:42 AM
hey this is really cool!

can i have it for free?

#1= 100%
#2= 100%
#3= 100%
#4= 100%
#5= 25%

~BlazinDragon
~Dragoon
~Firebolt
~Iced Killer
~KILLERRABBIT

JCF Member

Feb 1, 2003, 01:12 AM
NO you won't. You'll have to pray to The Great Emu for 5 months.

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)
Djaser

JCF Member

Djaser is doing well so far

Feb 1, 2003, 10:27 AM
I've never seen a finished 3D fangame. I hope this one will be finishede or even release a demo.

JCF Member

Feb 1, 2003, 04:45 PM
haha, i know what ur signature says!!! hahaha

"Djaser a nation claimed neuter but, in the reality, it is not it for it does not stop being invaded by the an and saved by the others. Djaser normally is governed by a (féodalité)"

Thats nice ;P

Credits to www.babblefish.com
#1= 100%
#2= 100%
#3= 100%
#4= 100%
#5= 25%

~BlazinDragon
~Dragoon
~Firebolt
~Iced Killer
~KILLERRABBIT
ßúññ¥€lmérTbtCC

Banned

ßúññ¥€lmérTbtCC is doing well so far

Feb 1, 2003, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Does anyone want to help on this project? I'd like some help from artists, modelers, and level designers. It would make the project go along faster.
Sure i kan but i never used 3D studio max 4, the Jj3 Demo, ( wich i have ) was maded with UT ( Unreal Tournament ) files, And i can make levels, ( no models/skins yet )
Djaser

JCF Member

Djaser is doing well so far

Feb 1, 2003, 11:41 PM
Quote:
haha, i know what ur signature says!!! hahaha
Cool, I didn't until other people translated. I just took it of a French site .

JCF Member

Sun Fun Dude has disabled reputation

Feb 7, 2003, 11:12 PM
Looks very cool can't wait for it. And JSZ I think Sonic VS Jazz will be cool don't worry

JCF Member

Feb 8, 2003, 02:23 AM
Sorry if I sound like I just crawled from under a dumpster

Sorry I haven't been around, I've had a lot of stress lately from my new room mates. The Jazz 3D fangame project is oh haiatus. I have it safe withing my mom's computer and backed up to CD, so after I get moved to a different appartment and get a computer of my own, it is a hi ho hi ho back to work I go on the project . Oh, and I noticed some of the posts you guys made. You guys are nuts, you know. *snicker* Oh, and I'll have you know 21 is not too old to play jazz. I've been a fan since my teenage years . (Medivo was one of my favorite levels, loved that monk singing in the background. I'd just sit there and not press anything to hear the music to that one)... 25 MHz... My bob, I actuall liked having a 25 MHz PC. windows 3.11... oh yeah... I think I had to press F5 at the computer startup just to play the game. (that way it bypasses loading the computer setup... we only had 4 MB of ram..... yeah, I'm going to be telling my kids and grandkids this story when I have them :P... that and the golden age of shareware. Good times.

Lately I have been doing concept art for my big game ideas (the ones I can make money off of... yes, the fangame will be free, and available to all. If I sell it, Epic would be on my *cough* buttox faster than Spaz on the Dopefish with a happy little lawsuit. I never studdied law, though, (I really should) so I'm not sure about the details.

Vulpine's Edge concept art
http://purrhead.tripod.com/ghostblade/vulpinesedgehero.jpg
this picture is from the third game in a series of games I have planned... I really should plan on the first one more before I start dreaming up sequels.

http://purrhead.tripod.com/ghostblade/beastylv40_001.jpg
I decided to make my besty character able to evolve upon leveling up... Er... I don't think Pikachu ever evolved into something like this :P
http://purrhead.tripod.com/ghostblade/beastyevogray.jpg

http://purrhead.tripod.com/ghostblade/vulpinesedgeherobw.jpg
this one is a great picture that didn't turn out right (I didnt' draw her torso shape before I drew the clothes so... well... it doesn't look right now... the coat ... thing is too short, so her torso is too short, then it flares out to her legs too soon, and then the skirt doesnt' look right... but her face looks great :P.

There's another picture, but I messed up on that one too and it ended up something I wouldn't show to children. I didn't really notice until my friend made a comment about it. Its a nice picture, too, it is just one part that makes the parental rating go up. It is a dancing scene ^.^ ... I wish I knew how to draw dancing... I tried in that scene but I guess I just can't grasp the concept in my mind well.

Anyways, I'll be moving into a new apartment next month, and then I'll be getting a computer of my own, internet access, then I'll get back to you guys on the project, who can do what part of it, and stuff like that. Lots of stressfull stuff going on right now, and I don't have access to a computer in the house (I'm on my mom's computer right now :P). Sorry things have kind of halted (temporarily) right here. Haha, hard to believe I'm actually making my own 3D Jazz Game. It would be great to see how it turns out .

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 8, 2003, 06:43 AM
I'm not sure about this, but I think the character's waist looks a little too long on the Vulpine's Edge picture.

JCF Member

Feb 8, 2003, 06:40 PM
Heres a little screenshot. I took a little time working on this pool in the level, and was surprised to find an effect turned out better than I expected... Yeah, I only look like I know what I'm doing .

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/scree...to&PhotoID=148

You don't have to cut and paste this one (I hate cutting and pasting links)

BTW I made a new diamondus wall texture.... still needs some editing to make it seamless.

*update* I added more screen shots to that page, located in the same section of the portfolio.

I'll stop throwing screenshots around and get to work, besides, if I show every detail of the game to you, you won't have any surprises ^.^

Last edited by Hare; Feb 8, 2003 at 11:12 PM.

JCF Member

Feb 9, 2003, 06:28 AM
Quote:
I'll stop throwing screenshots around and get to work, besides, if I show every detail of the game to you, you won't have any surprises ^.^
That's the reason I've stopped hosting Devil Dash levels.

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Feb 9, 2003, 04:09 PM
Just another screen shot... I stumbled upon this glowing water effect... and now I don't know how I did it. I can change the glow of the water that already has that effect... but... how do I remake it to make other pools of water like this? I'm not sure, but perhaps I'll find out with some searching.

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/scree...to&PhotoID=154

JCF Member

Feb 9, 2003, 05:03 PM
cool
#1= 100%
#2= 100%
#3= 100%
#4= 100%
#5= 25%

~BlazinDragon
~Dragoon