Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

I revived my blog

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Jul 3, 2009, 09:38 PM
I revived my blog

I'm done making JJ2 levels now, so I'm going to go back to writing about them for a while.

Here it is. I already posted one new review, and I've written a couple more which will be posted over the next few weeks. I hope to maintain a somewhat consistent update schedule, and I'll try not to abandon it again, at least for a while.

I use this blog mostly as a way to try to promote singleplayer levels and episodes which I think deserve more attention, or deserve to have something said about them. But sometimes I'll go and review something different, for fun. Much of what I cover isn't available on J2O, and the format of my reviews is somewhat different from what would go on J2O anyway (3 of them are from 1998). I try to be a bit more in depth, and I'll often use them as a way of discussing various aspects of level design in general.

The focus of the reviews is mostly on the content, but I do give a score at the end. I use a scale out of 5, since I find it easier to work with than the 10 point scale on J2O. As a rule of thumb, a 5 would be something I'd give 9.0 or greater on J2O, a 4 would be an 8.0, a 3 would be a 7.0, a 2 would be a 6.0, and a 1 would be 5.0 or less on J2O (though I probably won't ever review something this bad). I'll also give half points sometimes.

Anyway, I thought I'd make this thread just to get the word out that I'm updating this again. In the future I probably won't be posting new updates in this thread, but I will be updating my JCF signature, so you can check that if you are interested. There's also an atom feed (works like RSS, but better).

Post comments on it if you are interested, or if you disagree with a review. Comments tell me people are actually reading this thing, which means I'll continue with it. I'd like to keep updating it for a while, but if no one cares then there's really no point :P

If you have suggestions on stuff I should do in the future, go ahead and make them. I already have ideas for several posts, but I'll probably take a few requests if they are particularly interesting. I'm also open to reviewing pretty much anything... for example, I'm planning on doing one on tomb rabbit, since while it is popular (and good), it deserves to be picked apart.

Visit My JJ2 Blog (HOLD YOUR HORSES I'M WORKING ON IT SHEESH)
Old Jul 4, 2009, 01:09 PM
Violet CLM
This message has been deleted by Violet CLM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jul 4, 2009, 01:10 PM
Supposedly you couldn't find this?

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Jul 4, 2009, 02:22 PM
Nope. When I originally downloaded it it had a different filename (and a different example level), so I didn't notice it on J2O. Usually I do a j2o search since I prefer to link to stuff hosted there, but since it's called "MatBoard" now it obviously didn't get any results.

The one I posted about also isn't TSF-only and has two fewer rows of tiles, interestingly enough. I'll have to update that post, I guess. The original download like I posted is down now anyway. It's too bad that the original example level is isn't included there.
hazkaal

JCF Member

hazkaal is doing well so far

Jul 23, 2009, 01:02 PM
OMG, very nice, I will try them when jj2 will work on my computer =.='

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Aug 28, 2009, 12:44 PM
Updates?
snzspeed

JCF Member

snzspeed is a forum legendsnzspeed is a forum legendsnzspeed is a forum legend

Sep 8, 2009, 02:29 PM
updates plz