Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

What is the best gameport gamepad

NoBit

JCF Member

NoBit has disabled reputation

May 9, 2018, 07:37 PM
What is the best gameport gamepad

I recently built a Windows 98/DOS machine to play old games (Especially Jazz 1 and 2). I know the Gravis Gamepad was plastered all over the game as kind of an in game advertisement. Although it was one of the first good gamepads, I know it is far from the best. What would you consider to be the top gameport gamepads?

I know you can buy the games on GoG and use DosBox. I just enjoy messing with the old hardware. I actually purchased a lot of DOS games on GoG and even a few on Steam that work fine on the Win 98/DOS machine.

JCF Member

G@vie is doing well so far

May 11, 2018, 07:35 AM
The Gravis Gamepad was obviously heavily inspired by the European SNES or Super Famicom controller by Nintendo, but it didn't feel nearly as good. And if you're asking me, you can't beat the SNES controller for platformers. It's just perfect. I've used a lot of gamepads on my old DOS PC, but they never came close. So anything that resembles that controller as much as possible will do.

For most other types of games, the Sidewinder was loved by many, and an absolute must-have for any PC (game) collector.