Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

show some of your levels that already gone on j2o

JCF Member

DennisKainz is notorious for his worthless posts

Dec 31, 2015, 12:50 PM
show some of your levels that already gone on j2o

This thread is for showing off those levels who have already been uploaded to J2O, but haven't got enough downloads or ratings.

I'll start with my new battle level, Beneath the World we know.

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Dec 31, 2015, 03:26 PM
and i'll continue with all of my crappy uploads.

JCF Member

Obi1mcd is OFF DA CHARTObi1mcd is OFF DA CHARTObi1mcd is OFF DA CHART

Dec 31, 2015, 07:35 PM
Isn't this basically what the review exchange thread would be for?

JCF Member

Jan 1, 2016, 12:38 AM
Not really. The review exchange thread is for convincing other users to vote on your uploads. This one is for letting the community know you actually made a new level.

@ JellyJam: Thank you for properly using this thread. If you need any advice to improve your level making skills, feel free to ask.

JCF Member

Blaze The Movie Fan has disabled reputation

Jan 1, 2016, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisKainz View Post
Not really. The review exchange thread is for convincing other users to vote on your uploads. This one is for letting the community know you actually made a new level.
I don't see the point of that, if people wanna know when a new level is up, they just go to the downloads page and choose "upload date" in the the sort by tab.

But I know you have good intentions with this thread, I can applaud you for that.

JCF Member

SAMI is doing well so far

Jan 1, 2016, 11:14 AM
^Maybe because people don't wanna check if there are new levels or not. Posting here would let other's know that a new level is released. People stick more on the forum than J2O [Maybe].

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jan 1, 2016, 11:32 AM
I like this thread! Nothing wrong with a little extra announcement for new levels.

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Jan 1, 2016, 12:30 PM
And you can post screenshots + anything else that would make others interested to actually try your level, all on which you can directly respond to. The J2O downloads section works for releasing and reviewing, but this forum is better for forthgoing and word-procreating and.. You know the drill.

JCF Member

Borgia is doing well so far

Jan 2, 2016, 12:54 AM
My uploads aren't exactly high on downloads either, but that may have various reasons :P. I could link to all my uploads at once, but I'll just stick to the two most recent ones.

Borgia's Crispy Test

Cathedral of St Borgius - No Fire version

About the latter one: that's meant for Street Fight LRS, but apparently never tried because it's unrated. Also, cooba pointed out to me that you can trigger a No Fire zone instead of putting individual events throughout the entire level. AngelScript is also able to make a level No Fire with one line only. Well, if some Scriptwizard could do that for me, I'd be happy :P. For now, it works just fine. The only place where the No Fire zones don't work is covered by a spawning seek.

I don't know when my next project will be online, but you can read more about that here.

Also, a word on my early uploads (such as the Haunted test): I know there's a lot wrong with them. Especially the Haunted test is a tilebugged thing that's really more of an experiment than a true, full-bred test. When I first created it, I thought it looked good, but now I'm like: what is this piece of junk? That goes for Acrid too in a way: just look at the floor...I never realized that until I made the Crispy Test. You can still rate and review them if you like, but be gentle. They are among the first things I ever made, so of course there's going to be something 'weird' about them. Although they look 'ugly', I don't change them. I want them to be as they are, so you can see my progress throughout my building career. The Cathedral, which was the first upload and creation ever, is an exception to that rule. It's mah baby and should be improved whenever I think of something. If you have time, play Desolate and the Egy tests. Even I wonder how I ever managed to create something like that. It will never happen again.

I try as much as I can to improve, but at some point I really have to step away from tests to discover the greater scheme of things. Battle, CTF, that sort of thing. That's going to be quite difficult...even more so than making a decent test (one that is not too 'generic' or 'tiresome').

Thanks for reading all this ^^.

Last edited by Borgia; Jan 2, 2016 at 01:25 AM.
Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Jan 6, 2016, 01:32 PM
My latest level is up:

http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads...ts-remastered/

It's been almost two days and so far nobody has reviewed it.

JCF Member

PurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHART

Jan 6, 2016, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
Also, cooba pointed out to me that you can trigger a No Fire zone instead of putting individual events throughout the entire level. AngelScript is also able to make a level No Fire with one line only. Well, if some Scriptwizard could do that for me, I'd be happy :P.
Code:
void onPlayer(jjPLAYER@ play) {
  play.noFire = true;
}
Copy and paste this into notepad and save the file as CoSB NoFire.j2as. Be sure to select "All Files" as the save type or else it will not work.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jan 6, 2016, 04:49 PM
Quote:
No Fire Zone (event 245) now provides much finer control and a wider variety of gameplay alterations. By default, the player is unable to fire while standing in the zone. If "Set To" is set to 2, the player will be unable to fire even after leaving the tile. Setting "Set To" to 1 will disable the effect. Finally, setting "Set To" to 3 will toggle the effect, like the "switch" parameter on trigger zones.
Quote:
245=No Fire Zone |+|Area |No Fire|Zone |Set To:2|Var:2

JCF Member

Jan 7, 2016, 12:05 AM
Thanks, guys!

@cooba: That line was indeed missing from my JCS.ini file. I updated the event there. Fortunately, JCS allows you to immediately remove all events (or those of a specific kind) at once without having to do it one by one. After doing so I put new No Fire zones back, but only around the starting areas. With Set To on 2 I hit 'Save & Run', and I'm happy to report that it works.

If I can't think of any further improvements, I'll re-upload the level and hope to see it in action one day .
luke11685

Banned

luke11685 is doing well so far

Jan 8, 2016, 01:38 AM
What about Dreamland and Atlantis from Jazz Jackrabbit 2?

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 8, 2016, 02:34 AM
What... about them?

Banned

Jan 8, 2016, 03:15 AM
Yes.We have only soundtracks and only some sprites animations from tcrf.net.By the way shall you pay CG Animation Entertainment 30$(I sent them money for a third time)for jj1hd remake animation cutscenes.My parents have to pay taxes so I think last time I paid them 31.12.2015.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jan 8, 2016, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukaszdamianpiotrrygal View Post
Yes.We have only soundtracks and only some sprites animations from tcrf.net.By the way shall you pay CG Animation Entertainment 30$(I sent them money for a third time)for jj1hd remake animation cutscenes.My parents have to pay taxes so I think last time I paid them 31.12.2015.
Kindly don't start this off-topic nonsense again or I'll reconsider my decision to allow you making a new account.
luke11685

Banned

Jan 8, 2016, 03:27 AM
Sorry.

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 1, 2016, 07:35 PM

In case you've been having trouble with any parts of Mighty Switch Test!, I just recorded a video walkthrough.

JCF Member

Mar 25, 2016, 01:15 AM

A single player level with different paths and starts positions for Jazz and Spaz.

If they ignore this level like they did with the other 2, I'm done with J2O once and for all. Maybe. Or maybe I'm not.

Last edited by DennisKainz; Mar 25, 2016 at 04:31 AM.

JCF Member

Mar 25, 2016, 09:15 AM
Now that you've brought the thread back to the list (so I don't have to go searching for it myself ) I can do some shameless self-promotion regarding the Blizzard Test, which has been up for a while now.

Give it some love, I worked really hard on it . Or give it all the hate if that is what you think it deserves. I will, however, summon an army of minions to terrorize you for a thousand years if you do the latter. Be warned

Some new screenshots:

There's no use in posting the preview, because that doesn't show the textured background.

Last edited by Borgia; Mar 25, 2016 at 09:58 AM.
Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Mar 25, 2016, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisKainz View Post
If they ignore this level like they did with the other 2, I'm done with J2O once and for all. Maybe. Or maybe I'm not.
I didn't ignore the level you made last December, in fact I did a let's play on it if you remember. I think the reason nobody reviewed that level yet is because of how difficult it is.

It would make me sad if you quit making levels. I don't want you to quit. I will check your latest level out before Easter and tell you what I think of it. But it will be a quick review since I don't wanna be downvoted again like happens when I do full reviews.

EDIT: Since it is a fairly difficult level, I will review it after I'm done with it, which might take a couple of days.

Last edited by Blaze The Movie Fan; Mar 26, 2016 at 09:38 AM.

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Mar 26, 2016, 02:27 AM
Just remember, people obviously play more levels than they review. And people only review if they finished the level and have at least one point to make for it, let alone willing to spend time on it.

And I believe making levels (or anything creative for that matter) should be done primarily for yourself. If other people like it it's a bonus. Even if you make a multiplayer level, it should be satisfactory enough if you like it yourself, not whether or not it becomes the new Semi.

Either way, I'll try your level very soon, Dennis, as I'm easely motivated to play new SP levels!

JCF Member

Superjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHART

Mar 26, 2016, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post

In case you've been having trouble with any parts of Mighty Switch Test!, I just recorded a video walkthrough.
Props for this!

JCF Éminence Grise

Apr 5, 2017, 07:49 PM
I'm dropping in a link to UID Collision Finder to get people's attention if they wouldn't necessarily check out a mutator, because it's actually a tool you should use before releasing a multiplayer level to make sure you don't have any cases where pickups will fail to respawn for clients. Or stuff like that.

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

May 23, 2017, 01:50 PM
shows off

He rated it 10 simply because I helped him out with JJ2+ and Camel and that stuff, so I'd like to see what people actually do think about this level

JCF Member

BadaboomAri is doing well so far

May 31, 2017, 02:30 PM
Oh hey : https://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/7519/-/

and hey : https://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/6668/-/

Here are two of the best levels I've ever made. A fair warning though, they're very old and are probably not good at all, but hey, check them out if you want

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 9, 2018, 09:43 AM
This isn't my level, but since J2O doesn't bump major reuploads anymore, it felt worth mentioning: GOG-recommended SP episode Stone Abyss just got a major update, with two more full levels.

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Aug 2, 2019, 12:53 AM
I updated Lost Ages to v2.5 on a whim, please let me know if I broke anything.

HB JJ1 and happy Odaiba Day!