Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

My new.......*gasp*

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Jun 22, 2003, 12:18 PM
My new.......*gasp*

....HOTEL

that's right, i made a hotel level, so sue me. ;p

It isn't just a normal hotel, though. It is much like EvilMike's and Violet's hotel. you buy stuff for your room, burn other people....it does, however, have a few unique features.
Such as Police Fooruman and Pirate Fooruman. If you buy a Police Fooruman, it protects you from 5 fires or 1 pirate. If you buy a Pirate Fooruman, it destroys 2 random objects of 2 random people. These are just some of the new features that will be in my hotel. If you are interested, i plan on hosting it at about 3:00 today, Western Time. Or Washington State time. I don't know my time zones, so sue me again :P

alright, just come.

bye.
$tilettø

JCF member

$tilettø has disabled reputation

Jun 22, 2003, 12:26 PM
Yes and ?.. Oh..

JCF Member

Jun 22, 2003, 01:03 PM
I meant to say that the reason i am announcing this is i want you to all join. This will be the first public hosting. It will be hosted after this, probably every thursday at 3:00 my time. It is currently 2:00 as of my posting, i hope i see you all there in an hour. It is definitely worth playing.
Xion

JCF Veteran

Xion is doing well so far

Jun 22, 2003, 01:38 PM
3PM west, 5PM central? okay, I'll try to be there.

JCF Member

Jun 22, 2003, 03:29 PM
Round1 has been completed, and i think it was a pretty good turnout. I'd like to hear from the people who played the level today..what did you guys think?

Round2 will be the same time tomorrow, and will have the following new features:

a minigame, 'Coin Grab', where coins fall from the sky for a short period of time and you grab as many as you can.

new rooms, duh.

more coins

carrots

and some other features i think you will find entertaining. hope to hear your feedback.

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Jun 22, 2003, 04:50 PM
Well, BN has hosted in it, and I've been there from beginning to end. I have several comments about it. Firstly, I noticed some bugs, though many of them where fixed and others promised to be fixed. Secondly, I think more coins could of been placed. Though most things are cheap, there isnt anything like buckets and police fooruman costs a hell of a lot, so....
Secondly, I must comment on the fabolous job of eyecandy done for the rooms. Every room has different eyecandy and it all looks amazing. The concept of the level is much alike the one in Violets hotel, and probably EvilMike's (though I'm not sure about that because i havent seen it yet). There should be some carrots placed and I feel as if the level could of been bigger, since it's quite crowded with many people. The store items are good, though I feel some are too cheap and some too expencive. I think fire should cost a lot more since police fooruman costs 1000. Concluding this post, I would like to point out that this is a nice hotel level. I'm not sure I like it more than Violets Vile hotel aka Fred aka Them, but it's still fun to play.

JCF Member

Jun 22, 2003, 06:03 PM
That was better feedback than I expected. More eyecandy has been added, not only in the rooms, but outside. Yes, I realize that Violet and Mike's hotels have some extra things...these extra things *ARE* in the level already, and ready to use, but I want to add new things each round so that the hotel can expand more. Just one of the things I'm planning is an underground city, where there will be *more* rooms. But living underground will have several advantages and disadvantages to living above...I think that will throw a wildcard into the picture. The 'coin grab' minigame has been added successfully, and is quite fun to play, although it isn't much of a 'game'. It's more like a challenge to simply get coins in a period of time. Carrots have been added in the level, although not too many, as well as some more coins. The tileset has much more to offer, as well, and the store will soon have new furniture for you to buy. Lastly, if anyone has suggestions, I'd take them into consideration. The game was hosted at 3:00 today, and will be hosted at the same time tomorrow, hopefully lasting for about 2 hours rather than today's 1 hour.

Hope you all enjoy it.
Xion

JCF Veteran

Jun 23, 2003, 01:05 PM
It should be hosted in like 55 minutes, right?

How do we get rooms, what do we do, and can we suggest musics?

JCF Member

Jun 23, 2003, 01:45 PM
as of posting this, the time is 2:45. the pregame is up.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jun 23, 2003, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by URJazz
THe level was OK, a bit lacking in the content department (It only had thoe hotels, store, and auction hall. Not much inbetween either). It had a few bugs, but those were fixed. I just think it needs more areas inbetween the buildings, it seems like it's just a bunch of buildings, while Violets and EvilMikes had a bit extra stuff.
I agree! I don't think much of the design at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraptor
Secondly, I must comment on the fabolous job of eyecandy done for the rooms. Every room has different eyecandy and it all looks amazing.
Thank you. I spent some time on those buildings, after convincing BN it would be a very bad idea to simply copy Building A to create buildings B and C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ninja
The tileset has much more to offer, as well, and the store will soon have new furniture for you to buy
Oh, yeah. The tileset is still being worked on, and I am open to suggestions for new furniture and things to put in there.

JCF Member

Lark has disabled reputation

Jun 25, 2003, 11:44 AM
BN's hotel 0wns.

JCF Member

Jun 25, 2003, 02:00 PM
the servers are down
ip is

hotel is UP NOW

JCF Member

Jul 2, 2003, 10:15 AM
There's been a long break between times of me hosting the hotel. As of posting this, it is 11:20. THe hotel will be up again today at 3, along with some new store items and some other cool stuff.
Xion

JCF Veteran

Jul 2, 2003, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ninja
There's been a long break between times of me hosting the hotel. As of posting this, it is 11:20. THe hotel will be up again today at 3, along with some new store items and some other cool stuff.
You should add a "word of the day" thing to your hotel like in Mike's and Violet's.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jul 2, 2003, 01:30 PM
Mike's had a word of the day? When?