Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » Beyond Jazz Jackrabbit 2

Jazz 2 Resurrection

JCF Member

DeathKiller is doing well so far

Jul 28, 2017, 06:33 AM
Try to put Jazz2.Android directory to HTC 10\Internal shared storage\Jazz2.Android\ (so Internal directory will be in HTC 10\Internal shared storage\Jazz2.Android\Content\Internal\).

/proc/mounts is special file and can be found only by apps on device. If this issue still remains, I will create new version of the game that will show this information automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
I played some levels with this yesterday. Would like to point out some issues with the characters:

1: You should be able to fire your guns as fast as you can tap the button. The current interval feels off especially for enemies that require more hits.

2: While doing a buttstomp, you should be allowed to steer it slowly horizontally as soon as the animation starts, until you hit something. You should also be able to cancel the animation that plays when hitting the ground and start moving right away.

3: Once you reach horizontal momentum by walking or running, you should be able to lose that momentum and turn around quicker if you move to the opposite direction.

4: Jumping momentum is slightly too floaty while top height is reached.

I'm sure fixing these things (with 1 being highest priority) can make gameplay a lot more pleasing. That said, I'm amazed by how far this remake has come. I'm sure this can at some point exist alongside JJ2+ like OpenJazz did with JJ1.
Thanks.
The issue number 1 is already fixed on Github (new version will be released later). I think that the issue number 4 is bug in the original game. The rest of issues will be investigated later.

Last edited by DeathKiller; Jul 28, 2017 at 07:37 AM.
umisery

JCF Member

umisery is doing well so far

Jul 28, 2017, 08:44 AM
Thanks, that fixed it!

On-screen gamepad is transparent, is it meant to be like that?

JCF Member

Jul 28, 2017, 10:52 AM
I hope the game is enjoyable for you. Yes, gamepad is transparent. I know it's a bit ugly, but it's provisional. When you get used to it, you will not need to see it anyway.

JCF Member

DiarrheaBird is doing well so far

Aug 2, 2017, 05:17 AM
Will the game include cut and unused content in the future?

JCF Member

Aug 2, 2017, 07:36 AM
What features would you like to see? I want to implement all features from the original game and JJ2+, but some additional easy-to-implement features could be implemented first. I know that Tweedle and Rocket Turtles are not used in the original game. These enemies probably will be implemented, but I don't plan to create new levels for them.
GoGi

JCF Member

GoGi is doing well so far

Aug 3, 2017, 03:29 PM
For the exact physics, you could do a clean-room implementation.

Someone who is familiar with the disassembled JJ2 code should write a precise specification. Maybe someone working on JJ2+ could help you. Then, someone who has never looked at the code (!) should implement the physics from that specification. In this way, you do not infringe on the copyright of the original version.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_room_design

JCF Member

Aug 4, 2017, 09:53 AM
New version released (v0.4.6) in first post.
  • Added experimental Thunderbolt weapon (with ammo) - but there is no ammo for it in any level
  • Player can shoot as fast as you can tap the button
  • Player can shoot up on Hook/Vine
  • Added a few Player animations (Fire to Idle, FallFire to Fall, HookFire to Hook, CopterFire to Copter)
  • Decreased V-pole force and jump distance
  • Added boss health bar
  • Applied fix to Toaster PowerUp to match other PowerUps
  • 1up (and other collectibles) supports illuminate surroundings
  • Added lights to some objects
  • Adjusted animation of Collectibles
  • Added ability to limit camera view
  • Missing animations/sound will be skipped instead of crash
  • All Retail versions can be imported (even Shareware Demo, with limited functionality)
  • Shareware Demo can be automatically downloaded and imported by running Import without any parameter (double-click)
  • MainMenu looks better
  • Fixed destructible tiles
  • Adjusted movement of camera
  • Changed internal event numbers
  • Fixed Airboard Generator, TNT, Queen, Devan, Pepper weapon, particles and tiles
  • Fixed collision detection (partially)
  • Fixed Linux-specific glitch in MainMenu and issues with filename case-sensitivity
  • JJ2 data have to be Imported again, don't use data from previous versions!
  • To enable all animations, import first base game (v1.20/1.23) and then TSF with JJ2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGi View Post
For the exact physics, you could do a clean-room implementation.

Someone who is familiar with the disassembled JJ2 code should write a precise specification. Maybe someone working on JJ2+ could help you. Then, someone who has never looked at the code (!) should implement the physics from that specification. In this way, you do not infringe on the copyright of the original version.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_room_design
Physics is not so bad in the latest version, but it's still different. It would be good, if someone could help me with this.
GoGi

JCF Member

Aug 4, 2017, 10:17 AM
Does this indeed not build with Mono 4.6?

JCF Member

Aug 4, 2017, 10:25 AM
It's built with Visual Studio 2017 and I think these 2017 features are available only in Mono 5.0, but building on Linux is not tested (I don't even know how to build it on linux yet). I only test that every executable I release can be run on Linux with Mono 5.0.
GoGi

JCF Member

Aug 4, 2017, 11:50 AM
I tried to build it with Mono 5 on Linux, but when running it says that it cannot find "Lidgren.Network".
Also, your build process tries to call "copy" somewhere, which obviously will not work on Linux, but that should not be a big problem. By the way, your own build runs fine even under Mono 4.6.

Unfortunately, I have not much experience with Mono. I will try to setup a clean environment with all dependencies when I have the time.

JCF Member

Aug 4, 2017, 11:59 AM
Download new commit, please. "Lidgren.Network" was removed, because multiplayer is not completed yet. "copy" command is Windows-specific, you have to copy these files manually, but it should work then.

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Aug 5, 2017, 09:33 AM
Once again, I'm trying to help you with this project by explaining the bugs and issues I have with it. Due to a headache and to Schwartzenguard being broken, I couldn't play more than 4 levels.
  • Lori's buttstomping sound is most likely incomplete. I remember that in the original JJ2 it's just slightly longer and actually feels finished.
  • You can't chain Lori's special attack. Lori is already objectively the worst character, removing that just makes her completely useless.
  • Animations in general are still buggy, sorry for bringing this again. Things such as jumping in a direction yet being displayed the regular jump animation is pretty weird. Also, falling on a spring with helicopter ears doesn't change the animation into the spring one.
  • You can kinda build some speed while pushing walls towards the push direction. It's a tad strange to see character glued to the wall for like one second when trying to run in the opposite direction.
  • The turtle shell physics are not really accurate and don't feel right. It's like the shell is on ice or something, has exaggeratedly much momentum after shooting it.
  • In the first level, you can move while the pole animation is playing. The blue spring is required for that to happen though.
  • Ropes in general are still pretty glitchy but I don't think it's necessary to explain why.
  • When eating a carrot, the sound played when playing as Lori is Jazz's "Yummy!" sound.
  • The large gem in level 2 is missing, yet the one in level 4 is there and fully functional.
  • Both The Queen and Schwarzenguard are very buggy (it's just a statement, I hope it doesn't offend you in any way). You can shoot projectiles between The Queen and her shield and it just keeps being deflected by both, causing an annoying sound. You can jump over her rather easily, get behind her etc. The camera transition for bosses is too sudden. They remain active after death, their health and music is still there. Schwartzenguard's animation is too quick compared to the one in the original game. If you die to Schwartzenguard, you're pretty much screwed because of his throwing attack coming at you at an insanely fast speed while you're trying to return to the boss arena.

That's all I could find this time, I hope this helps.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

JCF Member

Aug 5, 2017, 11:19 AM
Thank you for report, again.
  1. Sound was different. - Fixed!
  2. I already know, it will be fixed later.
  3. I don't know what you mean, jump animation is correct. Copter ears are fixed now!
  4. I already know, it will be fixed later.
  5. Fixed! (At least I think it's better now.)
  6. I don't know how did you glitch it, I can't reproduce that. (but it could be already fixed somehow...)
  7. Physics is glitchy, it's more visible at higher speeds/low FPS. I tried to fix it in past, but unsucessfully.
  8. Fixed!
  9. There should be Gem Ring in level 2 and Gem Rings are not implemented yet. (but it could be better to spawn Giant Gem at least)
  10. Issue with the shield will be fixed. I know that you can jump over the queen, but I don't know how to fix it yet... If you don't try to glitch it, it works well
    There is no camera transition yet, only camera lock and it's a bit buggy, but better something than nothing.
    I know, all bosses aren't (can't be) despawned/deactivated now.
    I think Schwartzenguard's animations looks better now and at least it's not so easy but still possible to beat him.

JCF Member

Aug 20, 2017, 11:57 AM
New version released (v0.4.7) in first post.
  • Jazz and Spaz can climb ledges, if the base game (v1.20/1.23) is imported first, just press directional arrow against the wall in the air. Lori can't do this, because there are not sprites for this...
  • Episodes have to be played sequentially (episode unlocks next episode, progress and lives/ammo/upgrades are saved and carried over to next episode)
  • Added Gem Rings
  • Added 3D Spike Boll
  • Gems have the original colors now
  • Updated water shader (water looks better now)
  • Updated textured background shader (textured backgrounds look better now)
  • Asynchronous resource loading (should eliminate lags)
  • True palette-based rendering support, but not used much, because it can't be linearly filtered then
  • Bosses are deactivated properly when player dies
  • Fixed Springs and Poles ("springs combos" from the original game are now possible) + smaller Spring hitbox
  • Fixed "gluing to walls", smaller Player hitbox and some other physics-related and animations-related fixes
  • Particles of dead enemies flys in the direction of bullet
  • Reworked TurtleTube enemy
  • Reworked Electro weapon
  • Partially implemented Caterpillars
  • Added Shield PowerUps, Stopwatch (shields are not implemented yet)
  • Added boss health bar animation
  • Fixed Robot boss
  • Fixed Sucker deflating
  • A lot of bugfixes
  • Android: Vibrations can be turned off in Settings
  • To enable ledge climbing and all animations, import first base game (v1.20/1.23) and then TSF with JJ2+
paulix96

JCF Member

paulix96 is doing well so far

Sep 7, 2017, 03:53 AM
Hi DeathKiller! I'm also a C# programmer, can I help you?

JCF Member

Sep 8, 2017, 03:08 AM
Of course, I sent you a private message, so I hope you get it.
ionut

JCF Member

ionut is doing well so far

Sep 30, 2017, 11:56 PM
Hello ! can someone upload the Content directory (After performing the instructions)from windows / linux and post a link from where they can download it, they do not currently have a computer.

Last edited by ionut; Oct 8, 2017 at 02:27 AM.

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Oct 2, 2017, 02:15 AM
We try to stay away from piracy on these boards, so I doubt anyone will be able to post that here.

On another note, is that you Jasonspidey?

Last edited by Love & Thunder; Oct 2, 2017 at 08:57 AM.

JCF Member

Oct 25, 2017, 07:25 AM
New version released (v0.4.8) in first post.
  • Added episode images
  • Added "Save & Exit" - you can start right from the last level in episode, where you exited before
  • New compressed file format
  • Configurable control scheme and basic gamepad support
  • All sprites are affected by tileset palette
  • Reworked tubes and fixed horizontal springs
  • Turtle shells are changing angle on movement
  • Fixed enemies getting stuck in the ground
  • Decreased speed of Player pushing solid objects
  • Decreased speed of Player on vine
  • Added invisible block above Queen
  • Non-EventMap Collectibles are automatically destroyed after 90 secs.
  • Better detection of correct orientation for horizontal Springs
  • Fixed glitch of falling enemies
  • Added CRT shader and 4xBRZ shader (can be enabled in Settings, PC only)
  • Import user-interface improvement
  • Some JJ2+ files are automatically downloaded, if missing
  • A lot of bugfixes and other changes
  • To enable ledge climbing and all animations, import first base game (v1.20/1.23) and then TSF with JJ2+

I started to work on level editor, but there is still a lot of work to do...

Last edited by DeathKiller; Oct 28, 2017 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Android version released

JCF Member

Darkhog is notorious for his worthless posts

Dec 5, 2017, 11:54 AM
I hope this project won't die like the others given the extra motivation from release of the game on GoG. Maybe even when it's 100% compatible with vanilla Jazz (plus features can be implemented later) you could even go after GoG guys and ask them if the engine, at least in vanilla jazz could be replaced with it.
   ││_╱ │
  ╱╱   │╲
 (|▔╲  │ )
╱'╲_▔ _╱`╲
╲___) (___╱  TUX LOVES YOU.

JCF Member

Dec 6, 2017, 01:31 AM
I'm not planning to stop working on this project, but I don't think it will be ever replaced, because it's different and people don't play this version (but I don't care). Right now, the single player works, only few events missing. Additionally, there are some features that are not present in the original game (ledge climb, shaders, normal mapping, easier modification, multi-platform support, ...).
I'm still working on the editor, but I don't know when it will be released...

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Dec 6, 2017, 02:05 PM
I'm still interested in this project, if that means anything. At the moment, all the news and excitement surrounding the original JJ2 (and Plus) being digitally distributed is the center of attention, and for good reasons! But in the long term, a highly portable and expandable JJ2 engine-clone such as this is really awesome. Much like what OpenJazz is for JJ1.

Even if it's just to have a more than decent JJ2 experience on Linux or MacOS without using Wine.
darknior

JCF Member

darknior has disabled reputation

Dec 7, 2017, 10:30 AM
WOAW i discover your project today because i search for on Jazz Jackrabbit 2 for my PI and it is incredible
I will try it to see if it works fine.
Thanks

JCF Member

Dec 7, 2017, 12:17 PM
I suppose it won't work on a Pi. Maybe it'll somewhat work on Pi 3, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that as Pi hardware is weak in general.
   ││_╱ │
  ╱╱   │╲
 (|▔╲  │ )
╱'╲_▔ _╱`╲
darknior

JCF Member

Dec 7, 2017, 12:47 PM
I speak about Pi3 for sure, PI1 is dead lol
PI3 is not really strong, but can perfect 100% emulate Nintendo DS, play PSX games, Dreamcast, and some PSP 2D games ... why not your D game ?

JCF Member

Dec 7, 2017, 11:43 PM
It seems that Pi 3 does not support OpenGL ES 3 (only 2) and Jazz 2 Resurrection has only OpenGL ES 3 backend, so you will not see anything right now... I will try to do something with it.
But if it works on mobile devices, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work in Pi.

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Dec 8, 2017, 01:26 AM
Not sure if it's helpful, but there's this thing DJazz once posted that runs Windows stuff on a Raspberry Pi: https://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=19924
darknior

JCF Member

Dec 8, 2017, 02:09 AM
Thanks but i don't want to use Eltech's ExaGear Desktop or Wine.
I prefer i real Linux port i can launch from ES like all other games with RETROPIE and add it to Retropie-Extra to help every one to use it.

https://github.com/zerojay/RetroPie-Extra/issues/263

Windows desktop on PI is not interesting.
And i prefer use JJ2 Resurection, more modern code and that continue to evolve
darknior

JCF Member

Dec 8, 2017, 02:12 AM
Thanks a lot for this
Yes we only have OpenGL 2, i wish one day in 2019 with PI4 we will finally have the GL ES 3
If you can make something to make your game using GL2 it will work on PI. PI is a good computer.

JCF Member

Dec 8, 2017, 03:08 PM
Heck, it would be better if he was able to do software rendering. Many of the effects JJ uses are hard to do with shaders or are plainly faster in software, especially in ES space where how compact shader is is even more important than on a PC with proper GPU and full GLSL/HLSL.

Plus, JJ2 breaks anyway on higher resolutions, so best would be to render in 640x480 or 640x360 if you want 16:9 preset and upscale to fill the screen. And software 2d rendering in 640x480 is fast enough for any modern CPU, even cheapo ARMs used in Pi2) - then hardware can do upscaling.
   ││_╱ │
  ╱╱   │╲
 (|▔╲  │ )
╱'╲_▔ _╱`╲

JCF Member

Dec 8, 2017, 11:56 PM
Can you tell me all of these many JJ effects that will be faster in software, so SW renderer has to be made? I'm not going to do software rendering, Jazz 2 Resurrection is modern shader-based game and it's not possible to render all Jazz 2 Resurrection effects in software (e.g. normal mapping).
And auto upscaling is present in Jazz 2 Resurrection from the first release, it supports any resolution/aspect ratio you want.

ES2 Backend is almost done, but I have to rewrite all shaders and probably make them more simple...

JCF Member

Dec 9, 2017, 05:14 AM
ES 2.0 backend is working (at least with Google ANGLE), but normal mapping is turned off, because there is no MRT (Multiple Render Targets) support, and rescale shaders are not ready, so only nearest neighbour rescaling is used.

https://github.com/deathkiller/jazz2#opengl-es-20

JCF Member

Dec 9, 2017, 10:17 AM
That's fine though. I prefer my bunies sharp and pixelated anyway instead of really blurry. And normal mapping really doesn't do anything to improve JJ2 anyway.
   ││_╱ │
  ╱╱   │╲
 (|▔╲  │ )
╱'╲_▔ _╱`╲
x_dub_cz

JCF Member

x_dub_cz has disabled reputation

Dec 15, 2017, 08:56 AM
Unhappy Linux start error

Imprting file
Code:
mono Import.exe /check '/home/dub/Dokumenty/Project carrot/Jazz2_SE' 
                   ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒
                   ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒
                   ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒░▒
                   ▒░░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒░▒▒
                   ▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░░▒▒▒
                   ▒░░░▒░▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░▒▒▒░▒
                   ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░▒░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░▒
                   ▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░░▒░░▒░░▒░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
                   ▒░░▒▒░▒▒▒░▒░▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒░▒▒░▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
                   ░▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░▒▒░▒▒▒░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
                   ░▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒░░░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
                   ▒░▒░▒▒░░░▒▒░░░░▒░▒░░▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
                   ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
                   ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

· Importing path "/home/dub/Dokumenty/Project carrot/Jazz2_SE"...
   · Importing assets...
     · Reading compressed stream...
     · Detected Jazz Jackrabbit 2: The Secret Files.
     · Importing animations...
       · Applying "Toaster PowerUp" palette fix.
     · Importing audio samples...
     · Downloading JJ2+ (3 MB)...
       · Extracting files...
       · Detected Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Plus extension.
     · Recreating default palette...
   · Importing episodes...
     · Episode "secretf" (#Secret@Files) converted.
   · Importing levels...
     · Level "arace1" [TSF] converted.
     · Level "arace2" converted.
     · Level "battle3" converted.
     · Level "battle1" converted with 1 warnings.
     · Level "battle2" converted with 2 warnings.
     · Level "bbswing" converted with 24 warnings.
     · Level "battlea" converted with 1 warnings.
     · Level "abattle1" [TSF] converted.
     · Level "70s_grove" converted with 1 warnings.
     · Level "bbswinga" converted with 24 warnings.
     · Level "bocarrot" converted with 2 warnings.
     · Level "capture3" converted with 2 warnings.
     · Level "ddash2" converted.
     · Level "capture1" converted with 2 warnings.
     · Level "dinolab1" converted with 2 warnings.
     · Level "capture2" converted with 50 warnings.
     · Level "diam001" converted.
     · Level "capture4" converted with 2 warnings.
     · Level "elechaos" converted.
     · Level "guess" converted.
     · Level "funky_chicken" converted with 3 warnings.
     · Level "easter2" [TSF] converted.
     · Level "ml_qobcred" converted.
     · Level "easter1" [TSF] converted.
     · Level "easter3" [TSF] converted.
     · Level "falkenrace" converted.
     · Level "ml_qobmenu" converted with 3 warnings.
     · Level "haunted2" [TSF] converted.
     · Level "fastrace3" converted.
     · Level "ml_qobonus" converted with 9 warnings.
     · Level "meztrs01" converted.
     · Level "ml_qobpuke" converted.
     · Level "spam201" converted with 3 warnings.
     · Level "haunted3" [TSF] converted.
     · Level "haunted1" [TSF] converted with 1 warnings.
     · Level "treasur1" converted with 3 warnings.
     · Level "town2" [TSF] converted with 1 warnings.
     · Level "treasur3" converted.
     · Level "meztrs02" converted.
     · Level "treasur2" converted.
     · Level "ml_sting" converted.
     · Level "undrsieg" converted with 2 warnings.
     · Level "whitechristmas" converted.
     · Level "phils1" converted with 276 warnings.
     · Level "spam003" converted with 2 warnings.
     · Level "peachb" converted.
     · Level "town1" [TSF] converted with 1 warnings.
     · Level "town3" [TSF] converted with 1 warnings.
     · Level "creamclone" converted with 1 warnings.
     · Level "ml_qob" converted.
     · Level "ml_qobclone" converted with 74 warnings.
     · Summary of unsupported events:
       ·  WATER_BLOCK                      366
       ·  ENEMY_BUTTERFLY                   35
       ·  MODIFIER_ECHO                     27
       ·  ENEMY_BEEBOY                      24
       ·  CTF_BASE                          20
       ·  SCENERY_GEMSTOMP                  10
       ·  COPTER                             9
       ·  CHESHIRE_2                         2
   · Importing music...
   · Importing tilesets...
 · Cleaning "Music" and "Tileset" directories...
   · Removed 0 files.
 · Cleaning "Animations" directory...
   · Removed 1084 files.
 · Compressing content into ".\Content\.dz" file...
   · Adding new content...
   · Saving changes...
   · Removing unnecessary files...
 · Checking "Music" and "Tileset" directories for missing files...
   · "Music/70's grove.mod" is missing!
   · "Tilesets/hauntedh" is missing!
   · "Music/funck-2.mod" is missing!
   · "Music/metal.mod" is missing!
   · "Music/m16a.mod" is missing!
 · Checking "Animations" directory for missing files...
   · "Animations/Jazz/unused_jump_shoot_end.png" is missing!
   · "Animations/Jazz/unused_jump_shoot_end.png.res" is missing!
   · "Animations/Jazz/unused_ledge_climb.png" is missing!
   · "Animations/Jazz/unused_ledge_climb.png.res" is missing!
   · "Animations/Spaz/unused_jump_shoot_end.png" is missing!
   · "Animations/Spaz/unused_jump_shoot_end.png.res" is missing!
   · "Animations/Spaz/unused_ledge_climb.png" is missing!
   · "Animations/Spaz/unused_ledge_climb.png.res" is missing!
Trying to run:
Code:
mono ./Jazz2.exe
Using 'DefaultAssemblyLoader' to load plugins.
Environment Info: 
  Current Directory: /home/dub/Jazz2
  Command Line: /home/dub/Jazz2/Jazz2.exe
  Operating System: Unix 4.10.0.42
  64 Bit OS: True
  64 Bit Process: True
  CLR Version: 4.0.30319.42000
  Processor Count: 8
Currently Loaded Assemblies:
  mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
  Jazz2, Version=0.4.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
  System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
  System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Plugin Base Directories:
  Extensions
Available Assembly Paths:
  Extensions/OpenALSoft.x64.dll
  Extensions/OpenALSoft.x86.dll
  Extensions/OpenTKBackend.core.dll
Assembly loaded: OpenTKBackend, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly loaded: Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly loaded: Mono.Security, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756
Loading auxiliary libraries...
Assembly loaded: OpenTK, Version=1.1.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Initializing OpenTK...
Platform Backend: Default
EnableHighResolution: True
Assembly loaded: System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
Available display devices:
First : 1920x1080 at  60 Hz, 32 bpp, pos [   0,   0] (Primary)
Available audio devices:
  VnitÅ™nÃ(-) zvukový systém Analogové stereo
  HDA NVidia Digital Stereo (HDMI)
Current device: OpenAL Soft
OpenAL Version: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.16.0
Vendor: OpenAL Community
Renderer: OpenAL Soft
Effects: True
Initializing core plugins...
DualityApp initialized
Debug Mode: False
Command line arguments: 
Window Specification: 
  Buffers: 2
  Samples: 0
  ColorFormat: 24 (8880)
  AccumFormat: 64 (16161616)
  Depth: 24
  Stencil: 0
  VSync: On
  SwapInterval: 1
OpenGL Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 384.90
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Shader Version: 4.50 NVIDIA
Initializing default content...

Unhandled Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/home/dub/Jazz2/Content\.dz"
File name: '/home/dub/Jazz2/Content\.dz'
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x0019e] in <62f5937022004555807e6c57c33f6684>:0 
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share) [0x00000] in <62f5937022004555807e6c57c33f6684>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
  at Jazz2.Storage.Content.CompressedContent.ReadContentTree () [0x00000] in <52d5f83e1bd04f8f8c8ec692df69ab23>:0 
  at Jazz2.Storage.Content.CompressedContent..ctor (System.String path) [0x0000d] in <52d5f83e1bd04f8f8c8ec692df69ab23>:0 
  at Jazz2.Game.ContentResolver..ctor () [0x00030] in <52d5f83e1bd04f8f8c8ec692df69ab23>:0 
  at Jazz2.Game.ContentResolver.get_Current () [0x00007] in <52d5f83e1bd04f8f8c8ec692df69ab23>:0 
  at Jazz2.Game.Controller.ShowMainMenu () [0x00000] in <52d5f83e1bd04f8f8c8ec692df69ab23>:0 
  at Jazz2.App.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00073] in <52d5f83e1bd04f8f8c8ec692df69ab23>:0 
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/home/dub/Jazz2/Content\.dz"
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x0019e] in <62f5937022004555807e6c57c33f6684>:0 
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share) [0x00000] in <62f5937022004555807e6c57c33f6684>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
  at Jazz2.Storage.Content.CompressedContent.ReadContentTree () [0x00000] in <52d5f83e1bd04f8f8c8ec692df69ab23>:0 
  at Jazz2.Storage.Content.CompressedContent..ctor (System.String path) [0x0000d] in <52d5f83e1bd04f8f8c8ec692df69ab23>:0 
  at Jazz2.Game.ContentResolver..ctor () [0x00030] in <52d5f83e1bd04f8f8c8ec692df69ab23>:0 
  at Jazz2.Game.ContentResolver.get_Current () [0x00007] in <52d5f83e1bd04f8f8c8ec692df69ab23>:0 
  at Jazz2.Game.Controller.ShowMainMenu () [0x00000] in <52d5f83e1bd04f8f8c8ec692df69ab23>:0 
  at Jazz2.App.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00073] in <52d5f83e1bd04f8f8c8ec692df69ab23>:0 
AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed
x_dub_cz

JCF Member

Dec 15, 2017, 08:58 AM
Imprting file
Code:
mono Import.exe /check '/home/dub/Dokumenty/Project carrot/Jazz2_SE' 
                   ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒
                   ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒
                   ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒░▒
                   ▒░░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒░▒▒
                   ▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░░▒▒▒
                   ▒░░░▒░▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░▒▒▒░▒
                   ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░▒░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░▒
                   ▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░░▒░░▒░░▒░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
                   ▒░░▒▒░▒▒▒░▒░▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒░▒▒░▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
                   ░▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░▒▒░▒▒▒░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
                   ░▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒░░░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
                   ▒░▒░▒▒░░░▒▒░░░░▒░▒░░▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
                   ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
                   ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

· Importing path "/home/dub/Dokumenty/Project carrot/Jazz2_SE"...
   · Importing assets...
     · Detected Jazz Jackrabbit 2: The Secret Files.
       · Applying "Toaster PowerUp" palette fix.
     · Importing audio samples...
     · Downloading JJ2+ (3 MB)...
       · Extracting files...
       · Detected Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Plus extension.
     · Recreating default palette...
   · Importing episodes...
     · Episode "secretf" (#Secret@Files) converted.
   · Importing levels...
     · Level "arace1" [TSF] converted.
     · Level "arace2" converted.
     · Level "battle3" converted.
     · Level "battle1" converted with 1 warnings.
     · Level "battle2" converted with 2 warnings.
     · Level "bbswing" converted with 24 warnings.
     · Level "battlea" converted with 1 warnings.
     · Level "abattle1" [TSF] converted.
     · Level "70s_grove" converted with 1 warnings.
     · Level "bbswinga" converted with 24 warnings.
     · Level "bocarrot" converted with 2 warnings.
     · Level "capture3" converted with 2 warnings.
     · Level "ddash2" converted.
     · Level "capture1" converted with 2 warnings.
     · Level "dinolab1" converted with 2 warnings.
     · Level "capture2" converted with 50 warnings.
     · Level "diam001" converted.
     · Level "capture4" converted with 2 warnings.
     · Level "elechaos" converted.
     · Level "guess" converted.
     · Level "funky_chicken" converted with 3 warnings.
     · Level "easter2" [TSF] converted.
     · Level "ml_qobcred" converted.
     · Level "easter1" [TSF] converted.
     · Level "easter3" [TSF] converted.
     · Level "falkenrace" converted.
     · Level "ml_qobmenu" converted with 3 warnings.
     · Level "haunted2" [TSF] converted.
     · Level "fastrace3" converted.
     · Level "ml_qobonus" converted with 9 warnings.
     · Level "meztrs01" converted.
     · Level "ml_qobpuke" converted.
     · Level "spam201" converted with 3 warnings.
     · Level "haunted3" [TSF] converted.
     · Level "haunted1" [TSF] converted with 1 warnings.
     · Level "treasur1" converted with 3 warnings.
     · Level "town2" [TSF] converted with 1 warnings.
     · Level "treasur3" converted.
     · Level "meztrs02" converted.
     · Level "treasur2" converted.
     · Level "ml_sting" converted.
     · Level "undrsieg" converted with 2 warnings.
     · Level "whitechristmas" converted.
     · Level "phils1" converted with 276 warnings.
     · Level "spam003" converted with 2 warnings.
     · Level "peachb" converted.
     · Level "town1" [TSF] converted with 1 warnings.
     · Level "town3" [TSF] converted with 1 warnings.
     · Level "creamclone" converted with 1 warnings.
     · Level "ml_qob" converted.
     · Level "ml_qobclone" converted with 74 warnings.
     · Summary of unsupported events:
       ·  WATER_BLOCK                      366
       ·  ENEMY_BUTTERFLY                   35
       ·  MODIFIER_ECHO                     27
       ·  ENEMY_BEEBOY                      24
       ·  CTF_BASE                          20
       ·  SCENERY_GEMSTOMP                  10
       ·  COPTER                             9
       ·  CHESHIRE_2                         2
   · Importing music...
   · Importing tilesets...
 · Cleaning "Music" and "Tileset" directories...
   · Removed 0 files.
 · Cleaning "Animations" directory...
   · Removed 1084 files.
 · Compressing content into ".\Content\.dz" file...
   · Adding new content...
   · Saving changes...
   · Removing unnecessary files...
 · Checking "Music" and "Tileset" directories for missing files...
   · "Music/70's grove.mod" is missing!
   · "Tilesets/hauntedh" is missing!
   · "Music/funck-2.mod" is missing!
   · "Music/metal.mod" is missing!
 · Checking "Animations" directory for missing files...
   · "Animations/Jazz/unused_jump_shoot_end.png" is missing!
   · "Animations/Jazz/unused_jump_shoot_end.png.res" is missing!
   · "Animations/Jazz/unused_ledge_climb.png" is missing!
   · "Animations/Jazz/unused_ledge_climb.png.res" is missing!
   · "Animations/Spaz/unused_jump_shoot_end.png" is missing!
   · "Animations/Spaz/unused_jump_shoot_end.png.res" is missing!
   · "Animations/Spaz/unused_ledge_climb.png" is missing!
   · "Animations/Spaz/unused_ledge_climb.png.res" is missing!
Trying to run:
Code:
mono ./Jazz2.exe
Using 'DefaultAssemblyLoader' to load plugins.
Environment Info: 
  Current Directory: /home/dub/Jazz2
  Command Line: /home/dub/Jazz2/Jazz2.exe
  Operating System: Unix 4.10.0.42
  64 Bit OS: True
  64 Bit Process: True
  CLR Version: 4.0.30319.42000
  Processor Count: 8
Currently Loaded Assemblies:
  mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
  Jazz2, Version=0.4.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
  System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
  System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Plugin Base Directories:
  Extensions
Available Assembly Paths:
  Extensions/OpenALSoft.x64.dll
  Extensions/OpenALSoft.x86.dll
  Extensions/OpenTKBackend.core.dll
Assembly loaded: OpenTKBackend, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly loaded: Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly loaded: Mono.Security, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756
Loading auxiliary libraries...
Assembly loaded: OpenTK, Version=1.1.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Initializing OpenTK...
Platform Backend: Default
EnableHighResolution: True
Assembly loaded: System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
Available display devices:
First : 1920x1080 at  60 Hz, 32 bpp, pos [   0,   0] (Primary)
Available audio devices:
  VnitÅ™nÃ(-) zvukový systém Analogové stereo
  HDA NVidia Digital Stereo (HDMI)
Current device: OpenAL Soft
OpenAL Version: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.16.0
Vendor: OpenAL Community
Renderer: OpenAL Soft
Effects: True
Initializing core plugins...
DualityApp initialized
Debug Mode: False
Command line arguments: 
Window Specification: 
  Buffers: 2
  Samples: 0
  ColorFormat: 24 (8880)
  AccumFormat: 64 (16161616)
  Depth: 24
  Stencil: 0
  VSync: On
  SwapInterval: 1
OpenGL Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 384.90
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Shader Version: 4.50 NVIDIA
Initializing default content...

Unhandled Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/home/dub/Jazz2/Content\.dz"
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/home/dub/Jazz2/Content\.dz"
AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

JCF Member

Dec 16, 2017, 01:33 AM
That's strange, because it works for me. It looks like the game want to use "\" (backslash) as directory separator, but Linux has "/".
Try to download new version (0.4.8.1) from the first post. If the problem persists, tell me your Linux version/distribution, so I can test it myself.
x_dub_cz

JCF Member

Dec 16, 2017, 12:48 PM
Thanks, now it's OK. But sometimes there are funny moments. :-D

JCF Member

Dec 16, 2017, 04:07 PM
Yes, I know about this issue, but I really don't know how to calculate this position/offset correctly, so if there is someone who knows how it is calculated, it would be awesome.

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Dec 17, 2017, 01:37 AM
Initially trees are spawned in the middle of their tile like all objects, then their event parameters determine how to adjust their position. The first parameter is unsigned 5 bits and is added to the Y coordinate in pixels, except that if it's 0, it's treated as 24. The second parameter is signed 6 bits and its value plus 16 is added to the X coordinate in pixels.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

Dec 17, 2017, 04:25 AM
Thank you very much. It's fixed in 0.4.8.2 (in first post), but collision with player is not implemented yet, because the engine doesn't support collision of hitbox (Player) with angled pixel-perfect (Pole), and pixel-perfect with pixel-perfect collision checking can't be used in this situation... Game have to be imported again!