Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Jazz2 behind ICS (Internet Connection Sharing program from MS)

Ice M A N

JCF Member

Ice M A N is doing well so far

Aug 28, 2001, 03:43 PM
Now that I have a new computer which is used very little by the rest of the family, I'd like to be playing Jazz2 more often.

However, I use ICS to share my DSL between our 2 computers. Whenever ICS is off, I can join games, and I think serve too. But when it's on, I keep lagging out/CTO-ing after a few seconds.

I've tried mapping ports, but I'm having some difficulty. I need to know the port numbers, AND the type of data translation (NORMAL, BLOCK, CUSEEME, DPLAY, FTP, H323, PPTP, or QUAKE)

So.. um.. any help? :P

Just wondering.. has anyone here ever gotten Jazz2 to work behind ICS or a router or proxy something similar?
Kaz

JCF Member

Kaz has disabled reputation

Aug 28, 2001, 04:36 PM
hmm, I'm not sure, but I think it's Dplay with port 10052 UDP...

But then again it's only a guess...

JCF Member

Ice M A N is doing well so far

Aug 28, 2001, 04:54 PM
I just tried 10052 UDP DPLAY and 10052-10057 TCP NORMAL, and I CTOed out of iCeD's server...

I'll try both with DPLAY later, but I have to go watch TV now.
Alberto

JCF Member

Alberto is doing well so far

Aug 28, 2001, 05:42 PM
I can help you with it, I work in a net cafe and we did this, also I helped Athlon and now he can server and play.

Well IceMan

You must open 10052 and 10054 in TCP and UDP, you prolly forgot UDP, so it can't work in receiving and sending packets.

In any case if you can't do anything just add me to your ICQ list or MSN list.

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Aug 29, 2001, 02:47 AM

Wimster

JCF Member

Wimster is doing well so far

Sep 18, 2001, 12:08 AM
I know this problem because I had the same thing. And I have some good news for you, it's called WindowsXP. The build in Internet sharing can handle Jazz without any problems.

I can play jazz on both computers with only 1 computer (with WindowsXP) connected directly to internet.

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Oct 14, 2006, 04:23 AM
sorry for bumping a 5 year old thread, but how, may I ask?

Situation image:
If you don't see a thing left of this text, check back later.

Comments:
Both computers run XP Home SP2. On both computers, In the Windows Firewall, I've set the ports 10052, 10053, 10054 both TCP and UDP with hostcomputer 'zolderpc' (which is the ICS Client pc). still, I can't get neither non-pinging hosting nor not-timing out joining to work on the client. Downloading levels and tilesets from servers works fine, though. Any solution? I also tried to disable Wndows Firewall completely, but that had no luck.

Last edited by Jerrythabest; Nov 11, 2006 at 06:30 AM.

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Aug 11, 2007, 02:53 AM
I just bought myself a laptop and connected it the same way (not at the same time) and I have the same problem with any settings I can think of. Any help would be great.

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Sep 17, 2007, 05:19 PM
ANY help? Dump ICS and daisy chain your two routers. Your screen isnt displaying BTW so I dont know your full setup. Use hamachi. Those are my ideas. Also get your screenshot fixed so I can better help you.

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this

JCF Member

Sep 18, 2007, 07:34 AM
I have no routers. That's exacty the reason why I use ICS. It works all great, except JJ2. I'm not going to buy a €50 router for playing a 9 year old game.

JCF Member

Sep 23, 2007, 01:40 PM
Why not?

JCF Member

Sep 23, 2007, 01:42 PM
Pointless reply ;p Can someone now finally give the answer to how JJ2 does want to work over ICS?

JCF Member

Sep 23, 2007, 08:32 PM
it doesnt. Now go work at walmart for a week, get your $200 paycheck, get your 10% discount and buy a (-)ing router. God, i'm about ready to buy and ship one to the Nederlands for you!

JCF Member

Sep 27, 2007, 08:38 AM
AFAIK not indeed. But why would I buy a wireless router to play one single game while it is possible to get it to work somehow?

JCF Member

master sven is doing well so far

Apr 19, 2008, 01:56 AM
@ Jerry: Indeed, I got my router to work when I noticed my router changed the Default Gateway. It is allways possible, just check everything 100x.
@Blur: There seems to a a bug with the /nomovement on command. When I use that when the game is stopped, all players that don't have JJ2+ get stuck in the bottom corner of the level and /k /start /nomovement off don't help to get them out of there.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/th3a.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Apr 19, 2008, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by master sven View Post
There seems to a a bug with the /nomovement on command. When I use that when the game is stopped, all players that don't have JJ2+ get stuck in the bottom corner of the level and /k /start /nomovement off don't help to get them out of there.
That's how it's supposed to work for non-plus users.

JCF Member

Apr 20, 2008, 10:49 AM
Effective way to have them stop moving, but I think it would be a better idea if you can restore them too. What does this have to do with ICS, by the way?