Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » Beyond Jazz Jackrabbit 2

The Unofficial Jazz 3 Patch

sonicnathan 1

JCF Member

sonicnathan 1 is doing well so far

Mar 7, 2012, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGruff View Post
* Thanks to the awesome guys from UnrealSP.org, I was finally able to import a model in Jazz3!
Strange...I could have sworn I was wearing pants before I read that.

Good show
Episode 4: Probably never

<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=4882"> Deckstar V3</a>
<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=5408">Colonial Fix</a>
Jazz 1 Fanolint: 98%

<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=5407">Finished secret levels</a>

JCF Member

MrAlextov has disabled reputation

Mar 12, 2012, 05:02 AM
Nice patch!
I Had make preview for this patch.
But now isn't completed, so i send my channel where i uploaded. youtube.com/xXMRTerraManXx

JCF Member

JazzGruff is an asset to this forumJazzGruff is an asset to this forum

Mar 13, 2012, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedComputer View Post
Nice patch!
I Had make preview for this patch.
But now isn't completed, so i send my channel where i uploaded. youtube.com/xXMRTerraManXx
Hey, thanks a lot! I'd love to get more followers on this!

Though one thing, I plan on releasing the new 1.2 version quite soon, so maybe you can add a "version 1.1b" in the video's title?

Either way, again, thanks a lot! =D

JCF Member

Mar 13, 2012, 06:51 AM
added

JCF Member

ThunderPX is doing well so far

Mar 16, 2012, 03:26 PM
I completely forgot about this until now. Glad to see you're making such great progress, though!
abraker

JCF Member

abraker is doing well so far

Mar 23, 2012, 05:26 AM
Is it possible to make the meshes and maps more detailed in terms of polygons; more smooth I mean?

If you can't, just keep on doing what you are doing right now! I hope JJ3 is going to be as popular as JJ2 someday!

JCF Member

Mar 24, 2012, 02:44 AM
I Will make website. Because on JJ2 sometimes some players take another player name.

I Will share the Website screen shot soon.

JCF Member

Olsen is doing well so far

Mar 25, 2012, 09:22 AM
Holy shit this is amazing. Good job!

JCF Member

Mar 29, 2012, 12:45 PM
You can change the Startup Splash.
Editing the Jazz3D/help/logo.bmp
NOTE: Save that at 8 bit, will not work at 24 bit.

JCF Member

Apr 3, 2012, 12:28 PM
Any new updates on this? My body needs this

<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=4882"> Deckstar V3</a>
<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=5408">Colonial Fix</a>

<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=5407">Finished secret levels</a>

JCF Member

Apr 3, 2012, 02:22 PM
Well folks, Version 1.2 is packed and ready for shipping:
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/9144485/file.html
(Mediafire seems to be down at the moment - may be my own fault, but I'll make a better mirror later.)

I have to say though, this may possibly be my last major release of this in years, and perhaps it is the last one completely.

I am a small indie game developer, and i've decided to finally work on my first true commercial title, thus I'd like to spend more time on that.

It's not that I wouldn't like working on this by any means, i've had a great time exploring Jazz 3's code, reviving some of it (Though that plan never truly took off), and building upon it, but it's just that there are some more important things I'd like to do in my life. As much as I consider myself an artist and do not care too much about payment, I'd love to work on a commercial Jazz Jackrabbit title and get paid for it - that way I could put all my attention towards it.

I must also mention that I am not exactly a true fan of Jazz Jackrabbit.

Make no mistake, I love the series, but if I ever worked on a Jazz title, I'd change a lot. Basically I feel that Jazz has an extreme potential of being something way more than a sidescroller shooter, or even a 3d platformer in an extremely limited open world environment. The idea alone that a game that might have expanded the universe got cancelled, and Epic hasn't worked on a major Jazz title ever since is simply beyond me.

Today's gaming industry has become a complete junkyard. It's full of social network based games, mobile markets are filled with horrid one-week projects that somehow turn out to be good games, and great franchises are considered those that get a new sequel every month with minor changes in graphics and maps (Yeah, I'm talking to you, CoD).

If Epic will actually create a new Jazz title, it will most likely be a washed out mobile game with some unimaginative character designs.
...Oh wait.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ZpYxuWbcc

I wish I was actually listened to...
sonicnathan 1

JCF Member

Apr 3, 2012, 06:16 PM
I think I saw this coming. Every possible revival has been shot down one way or another, so it was only likely this would follow suit. Non the less this has been same amazing work, and you've layed the groundwork for other people to possibly pick this up. We all want a new Jazz, and with steps like this it's starting to look more and more possible.

Good luck on future projects

JCF Member

Apr 4, 2012, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicNathan 1 View Post
I think I saw this coming. Every possible revival has been shot down one way or another, so it was only likely this would follow suit. Non the less this has been same amazing work, and you've layed the groundwork for other people to possibly pick this up. We all want a new Jazz, and with steps like this it's starting to look more and more possible.

Good luck on future projects
Thanks!

Actually that's another thing I wated to mention, I wish someone would pick this up and work upon this further, perhaps fix the multiplayer completely?

Anyhow, please don't think I'm abandoning this completely right away, it's just that I don't have as much free time as I used to, so I may make an update now and then, but nothing much.

JCF Member

Apr 4, 2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Well folks, Version 1.2 is packed and ready for shipping:
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/9144485/file.html
(Mediafire seems to be down at the moment - may be my own fault, but I'll make a better mirror later.)

I have to say though, this may possibly be my last major release of this in years, and perhaps it is the last one completely.

I am a small indie game developer, and i've decided to finally work on my first true commercial title, thus I'd like to spend more time on that.

It's not that I wouldn't like working on this by any means, i've had a great time exploring Jazz 3's code, reviving some of it (Though that plan never truly took off), and building upon it, but it's just that there are some more important things I'd like to do in my life. As much as I consider myself an artist and do not care too much about payment, I'd love to work on a commercial Jazz Jackrabbit title and get paid for it - that way I could put all my attention towards it.

I must also mention that I am not exactly a true fan of Jazz Jackrabbit.

Make no mistake, I love the series, but if I ever worked on a Jazz title, I'd change a lot. Basically I feel that Jazz has an extreme potential of being something way more than a sidescroller shooter, or even a 3d platformer in an extremely limited open world environment. The idea alone that a game that might have expanded the universe got cancelled, and Epic hasn't worked on a major Jazz title ever since is simply beyond me.

Today's gaming industry has become a complete junkyard. It's full of social network based games, mobile markets are filled with horrid one-week projects that somehow turn out to be good games, and great franchises are considered those that get a new sequel every month with minor changes in graphics and maps (Yeah, I'm talking to you, CoD).

If Epic will actually create a new Jazz title, it will most likely be a washed out mobile game with some unimaginative character designs.
...Oh wait.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ZpYxuWbcc

I wish I was actually listened to...
Why don't add donate button?
And if you search to make Jazz3D Patch website you can use uCoz

JCF Member

Apr 4, 2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Why don't add donate button?
uCoz
What would that do?
Even if someone actually does donate, Epic would sue me because... they're just that cool.

Quote:
And if you search to make Jazz3D Patch website you can use uCoz
I do not wish to create websites for such things, let alone use website constructors like that. There is no need for it - youtube videos and forum posts are enough.

JCF Member

Apr 5, 2012, 04:22 AM
Quote:
What would that do?
Even if someone actually does donate, Epic would sue me because... they're just that cool.

I do not wish to create websites for such things, let alone use website constructors like that. There is no need for it - youtube videos and forum posts are enough.
Ok JazzGruff

JCF Member

Apr 7, 2012, 04:19 AM
On the Maps folder I Had see some unused maps for you
Jazz3D.unr : Another main menu?
Entry.unr : A Lake with around mountains.
JMPClover.unr : A stupid level.

Need Update:
JMPForest.unr : A Copy The forest zone. Need remove enemies and remove warps to other levels/maps.
JBoardin.unr : A Tiny Board Level. The board has have bugs. Need fixes
JMPSandbox.unr : There are no weapons and its huge. Need something special
JMPForts.unr : The music does not match with this level i think. I Like all musics expect.

Music :
cayon music does not work

JCF Member

Apr 7, 2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
On the Maps folder I Had see some unused maps for you
Jazz3D.unr : Another main menu?
Entry.unr : A Lake with around mountains.
JMPClover.unr : A stupid level.
It seems they did indeed have an idea for a different main menu (Or some kind of non-gameplay area), where the camera would fly around an island full of in-game actors. It seems like the engine no longer supports such camera-moving feature (I do belive that it can be easily coded by hand, though), so the camera there is static. I had to comment a couple of lines of code, just so I'd be able to compile the scripts properly (The code used for that camera movement simply did not work).

If I remember correctly, the Entry map is used when you get disconnected or kicked out from a server. Actually I wish someone could fix the multiplayer here, it seems like I have no idea how to do it.

JMPClover seems to be a different idea for the demo - they probably tried out different ideas until they decided to just go with a somewhat open-world-ish type of approach. This level isn't stupid, none of the Jazz3's maps are.

Quote:
Need Update:
JMPForest.unr : A Copy The forest zone. Need remove enemies and remove warps to other levels/maps.
JBoardin.unr : A Tiny Board Level. The board has have bugs. Need fixes
JMPSandbox.unr : There are no weapons and its huge. Need something special
JMPForts.unr : The music does not match with this level i think. I Like all musics expect.

Music :
cayon music does not work
JMPforest is meant to be the way it is. Again, this is something like an open world game, so it makes sense that you can go to other places through different paths. Perhaps you meant JMPForest2? I believe they also wanted to use this map for multiplayer (All Multiplayer maps there start out with JMP), maybe the forest map started out as one, but then they decided to use it single player instead, but didn't have time to rename it to just "Forest" or something? I dunno. Either way, I removed the ambient lighting there (Transparent objects usually had problems with that), and added extra light sources to make non-lighted areas visible. You may actually have noticed that some of the maps are darker than originally (For instance, the village map, which I modified heavily).

The board physics weren't finished to begin with, they didn't work properly, and were kinda hard to control. Since I edited Jazz's physics, the board probably does some funky stuff now. I may come back to this at some point and make that planned new jazz model with the extra animations, so it could be possible to have a proper hoverboard, but until then, I'm not sure if this is really all that important.

JMPSandbox is exactly what it sounds like - it's a sandbox, I remember testing out in-game objects when I first played around with Jazz3 back in the day. It is a multiplayer map, and thus I probably won't bother working on it any time soon. Sorry about that.

JMPForts is an extremely unfinished (in the emptyness kind of way) map that doesn't really even have music made specifically for it, soo... yeah.

I haven't got a clue why Canyon music doesn't work. The song does exist:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ggh3Jrhdmk
I'll do some more later probably.

I'll be honest with everyone, the old engine sucks. Not that I'm saying the guys from World Tree Games didn't do a good job, but it's just that they've got a way more updated UE1 now, with a way better and more stable editor, better features and a more compatible engine. I've already gotten all the actors in there, but I can't seem to be able to make it to work on it's own as an actual game.

I'll probably have to go through all of the scripts and work with them one by one. It's an extremely tedious job, but it can be done. Though once I'll be finished (Whever that is), this possibly will no longer be a patch, but instead, a TC for Unreal 1/Unreal Tournament, as guys from UnrealSP suggested.

JCF Member

Apr 12, 2012, 04:37 AM
Also, i had find on the Music folder on JazzJackrabbit3D and i had open with OpenMPT Tracker the SunSong. That is the best song for me. But I Do not know where used this song?

JCF Member

Apr 12, 2012, 04:47 AM
PS. When I Clean up the Jazz3D.TXT (The log file) and I start the program, there has spammed with errors.

ScriptWarning: ActivationPlayerIcon JJ3splash.ActivationPlayerIcon0 (Function CalyGame.ActivationPlayerIcon.Tick:011F) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: ActivationPlayerIcon JJ3splash.ActivationPlayerIcon0 (Function CalyGame.ActivationPlayerIcon.Tick:013A) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: PlayerJazz JJ3splash.PlayerJazz0 (Function CalyGame.JazzPlayer.UpdateRotation:0429) Accessed None
And after spammed with this :

ScriptWarning: PlayerJazz JJ3splash.PlayerJazz0 (Function CalyGame.JazzPlayer.UpdateRotation:0429) Accessed None

This had happen when im on Main Menu...

And Also I Can't find a treasure Level and I Can't make 1. Also someone need make a Tutorial how use Jazz3DEd.exe . Artems Tutorial has not useful. LINK

JCF Member

Apr 12, 2012, 06:56 AM
Jazz3DEd is the exact same UE editor that came with the original Unreal, thus just search for UEd1 tutorials, there are a bunch of websites made for just that.

I suggest visiting sites such as http://www.unrealsp.org/ and others of the kind. There are some great communities that could be a huge help since the editor really is exactly the same (In fact, I use an official patched version of the editor that was released directly for Unreal 1).

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Apr 14, 2012, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Also, i had find on the Music folder on JazzJackrabbit3D and i had open with OpenMPT Tracker the SunSong. That is the best song for me. But I Do not know where used this song?
As far as I know, SunSong is one of the unused songs. I suppose it's made for an open area or perhaps the passage to the castle, or something in that manner.

There's also the Tube song, I remember it was used as some sort of victory theme in the end. Am I right?

JCF Member

Apr 22, 2012, 02:46 AM
JazzGruff?
Now what features you added on the patch?

JCF Member

Apr 22, 2012, 03:29 AM
Quote:
JazzGruff?
Now what features you added on the patch?
As of now... none since the last update.
I think I already said I won't work on this as much, it's just that I'm busy with exams at the moment, and I have to work on my own title...

I might come back to this once in a while, but I strongly encourage others to continue working on this, or at least make some mods for JJ3, discuss the game and just pay some kind of attention to it.

There is an extreme potential, but I hate to see it wasted as nobody really cares about JJ3, come on guys! We have an editor, a strong Unreal community that can help, lots of tutorials and Jazz Jackrabbit fans! Why hasn't this game been finished by now!?
Nimrod

JCF Member

Nimrod has disabled reputation

Apr 23, 2012, 12:02 PM
It's worth trying to catch up with Overlord, Spazzyman, Toxic Bunny and some of the others I worked with on the Jazz 3 MP Project years ago. We had a few custom maps (Overlord made an awesome one!) as well as many other fixes which are worth importing into your project.

I tried to find the files and maps so I could give them to you, but the website I hosted for them and backups are all long gone as no one was interested after a while If any of them still have them that would be some good content to add to your patch!

JCF Member

May 6, 2012, 10:34 AM
Do you not have Todo list for this update?
Please fix the Multiplayer to work well. Also if do you can't make the server list, just add IP Join (Enter the IP (and port)) and press Join and you are in the server.
1.3 -> The Multiplayer

JCF Member

May 6, 2012, 11:07 AM
Well, you'll just have to wait a bit longer for that - in the meantime, how about you try yourself? Modding the thing isn't actually that hard (It's just Unreal after all...), just learn some UnrealScript (Which, by the way, is quite similar to Javascript - really simple stuff) and you're good to go. the actual UnrealED interface might take some getting used to, but after that there shouldn't be that many problems.
Jon God

JCF Member

Jon God is doing well so far

Jul 16, 2012, 03:23 PM
Here's a theoretical question from someone who has no idea how much work it would be...

But, what are the chances that this could be put into the Unreal 3 engine?

I was thinking, while playing Unreal Tournament 3 on the PS3 the other day, it'd be cool to be able to play this through the PS3's mod support on UT3.

I know it's probably an insane amount of work, but if it's in the realm of plausibility, I might look into learning what I'd need to know to make it possible.

-JG

JCF Member

JazzHunterXYZ is doing well so far

Jul 18, 2012, 03:18 PM
Hi, I'm new, first to introduce in this forum I wanted to congratulate JazzGruff for the great job he has done, congratulations.

Although I have a problem after you apply the patch to Jazz 3, I get an error: unfortunately I can not show you a screen because of the situation here on the forum I get the message that I must write at least 2 or more posts before you can send post with images.

As already said before, I introduce myself.
Hello, dear fans and players of Jazz JackRabbit 2, my name is Claudio Varone, I'm 13, I was born and raised in Naples, Italy.
Among my passions are anime and manga, video games and rock music.

Project JAZZ T.A.S. at.. ..uhm... ..is cancelled, the project is f******g impossible for my """ability""".
The project was cancelled with a 25% of work, a work gone lost.

JCF Member

Aug 2, 2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon God View Post
Here's a theoretical question from someone who has no idea how much work it would be...

But, what are the chances that this could be put into the Unreal 3 engine?

I was thinking, while playing Unreal Tournament 3 on the PS3 the other day, it'd be cool to be able to play this through the PS3's mod support on UT3.

I know it's probably an insane amount of work, but if it's in the realm of plausibility, I might look into learning what I'd need to know to make it possible.

-JG
Hello everyone! I'ma back!

Well, As a quick answer to your question, JG - Probably not.
Now, I'd like to, but here are the reasons why:

1. UE3 is kind of hard to work with, at least for me, and it might be just a bit too much. The engine is just kinda too heavy for a project like this, and I'd just end up having recreate pretty much everything, either by doing a horrible job at porting the code over to match the new engine, or just simply recreating things from ground up.
Not to say it's impossible, but unfortunately I'm just a human being, I'd need a funding for such project, even more so since I'm working on my own projects at the moment.

2. I don't have a PS3 to test it with. No, really, I don't have a PS3, I'd like to, though, but this is the main problem I have with modern console gamedev - I just don't own the damned things.

Actually probably the best way to see JJ3 on your PS3 would be getting a proper license for Unity3d and just recreate the game on that. It's a far more suitable engine for this, because UE3 is just way too different from it's previous versions, thus making it kind of a problem porting things over (But it might be possible with UE2... to some degree, at least).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzHunterXYZ View Post
Hi, I'm new, first to introduce in this forum I wanted to congratulate JazzGruff for the great job he has done, congratulations.

Although I have a problem after you apply the patch to Jazz 3, I get an error: unfortunately I can not show you a screen because of the situation here on the forum I get the message that I must write at least 2 or more posts before you can send post with images.

As already said before, I introduce myself.
Hello, dear fans and players of Jazz JackRabbit 2, my name is Claudio Varone, I'm 13, I was born and raised in Naples, Italy.
Among my passions are anime and manga, video games and rock music.
Welcome to the forums, JazzHunter!

Hopefully I can help you with that problem there. Basically you just have to replace all of the old files with the new ones, did the game work for you before? And are you sure you're trying to open the game, not the editor? I'm asking, because the editor actually requires extra *.OCX files to work properly (In fact, you'd probably need to find a patched version of the original Unreal 1 editor, instead - that works perfectly, and it is recommended!).

Anyway guys, I was thinking the other day, I've been working on my own project and I've learned some new stuff while writing code in Javascript. I might actually continue working on this sometime soon!
I realised how much fun I had with this, and there are certain things I'd like to add to the patch. Don't get your hopes too high, though, I probably won't be able to finish the game completely, but I might try to create a new level or two.

I still think it's a better idea to just recreate the game on a different engine, and in fact, I might even do that in the future, if I end up having too much time on my hands (That engine would most probably be Unity3D), but for now, my focus might actually be porting this thing over to the newer version of Unreal Engine 1, which is something I started working on, but ultimately just ended up cancelling the whole thing altogether.

Last edited by JazzGruff; Aug 2, 2012 at 01:34 PM.

JCF Member

JazzHunterXYZ is doing well so far

Aug 10, 2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Welcome to the forums, JazzHunter!

Hopefully I can help you with that problem there. Basically you just have to replace all of the old files with the new ones, did the game work for you before? And are you sure you're trying to open the game, not the editor? I'm asking, because the editor actually requires extra *.OCX files to work properly (In fact, you'd probably need to find a patched version of the original Unreal 1 editor, instead - that works perfectly, and it is recommended!).
Yes, I have virtually replaced the new file instead of the old ones before starting Jazz 3. But the editor even works for me. xD

Project JAZZ T.A.S. at.. ..uhm... ..is cancelled, the project is f******g impossible for my """ability""".
The project was cancelled with a 25% of work, a work gone lost.

JCF Member

Sep 8, 2012, 03:06 AM
The Jazz3 project lives!

(Click to enlarge)

I played some Deus Ex (Same engine, same old UnrealED1.0) and got some neat ideas.
* Pushable objects now realistically rotate when you push their sides
* Objects like rocks and boulders sink to the bottom of the water, but light and/or empty objects float on its surface.
* When you stop pushing objects, they actually stop making their pushing sound now. =P
* Chests can be pushed and they make a screeching metal sound.

By far the most important update is... well... what you see in the screenshot. There's lots of work to do, but once it's done, the game is most likely going to be a stand-alone package.

I remember consultating with the guys from UnrealSP, and we didn't really find a reason why it couldn't work like that - they even did the same to a beta version of the original Unreal or something, and it was totally fine back then.

JCF Member

BadaboomAri is doing well so far

Sep 12, 2012, 10:11 AM
Well now that I have downloaded it, how to install?

JCF Member

Sep 12, 2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadaboomAri View Post
Well now that I have downloaded it, how to install?
It's so simple I never thought I'd have to explain it - I updated the first post and added instructions for that.

Have fun! =D

JCF Member

Sep 17, 2012, 06:20 AM
Sorry about double posting, made a video:
New camera in the upcoming 1.3 release

Just after the video I started working on the new dialog system. Whenever Jazz talks with an NPC, the camera looks right between the characters. I'll keep you posted on the current progress!

JCF Member

BadaboomAri is doing well so far

Sep 19, 2012, 09:46 PM
Great ! I still think that the lizards were fine as they were..
But anyway, can't wait for 1.3 woo!
Fluid camera is awesome! Hope you add some support for Microsoft Xbox 360 controller for windows. Great job! :P

Last edited by BadaboomAri; Sep 20, 2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Timepassin' ;0

JCF Member

Sep 22, 2012, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadaboomAri View Post
Great ! I still think that the lizards were fine as they were..
But anyway, can't wait for 1.3 woo!
Fluid camera is awesome! Hope you add some support for Microsoft Xbox 360 controller for windows. Great job! :P
Actually the current version (v1.2) already has an Xbox 360 controller support.

A few updates:
* When having a conversation with another NPC, it is no longer possible to move, and the camera looks between the two characters.
* Completely fixed fluid camera - had some troubles with that previously, even tried to recode it completely.
* The crosshair stays more or less the same size on the screen, if it moves too far away - this helps to aim better.
* Fixed the wierd stuff of jazz moving really fast if you fall - now the speed is much more persistent (As in, you can't increase your travel speed nearly as much as you could before, when jumping).
* Jumping controls are better overall, they feel more fluid.
* When jumping or falling, Jazz's model rotates Lugaru/Overgrowth style (Goes head first when going up, but feet first when falling).

Next up:
* Updated conversation engine - it will be possible to have more interesting conversations, were you could ask multiple questions and give different answers to other NPC's.
* Working on a new Jazz's model. (This will take more time to do)
* More maps.

Porting Jazz3 over to Unreal 227 proves to be much more difficult than I previously thought, I believe it isn't impossible, though.

JCF Member

Sep 24, 2012, 05:06 AM
Do you can add other characters such Spaz, Lori etc...?

JCF Member

Sep 24, 2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Do you can add other characters such Spaz, Lori etc...?
I don't think I can even count how many times have people asked me this.

Yes, I do have plans for extra characters, but my priority at first is going to be getting a better Jazz model in the game, and replace the old one.

Why? The current Jazz model is obviously a placeholder, most of it is extremely low poly, and the triangulation is simply a mess, while some other parts of Jazz's model is extremely high poly (When compared to the rest of it, at least), which makes it look quite inconsistent.

Honestly all I really have to do is make the 3 character meshes and simply create new child actors that have their corresponding character meshes applied and may or may not contain their own unique features. At that point you'd already have new characters to play with, but it will take some time to do. Especially since I am not entirely sure how to import animated meshes.
Carpaintergeril Carpaintergeril's Avatar

JCF Member

Carpaintergeril is doing well so far

Sep 24, 2012, 10:25 AM
Good work mister! Its hard to make things in UDK1, as long as i can remember... anyway i have some Jazz Jackrabbit model. Most of them is high poly made for UDK3, but maybe the lod, or the early ones are portable to UnrealED1.0... i made them in blender, i can export to PSK, if you interested...
Cool Story Bro
up pic

(sry about my English)

Last edited by Carpaintergeril; Sep 24, 2012 at 10:37 AM.