Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Jazz 2 version decision: OEM JJ2 (v1.20) vs. Normal JJ2 (v1.21-v1.23)

View Poll Results: What version would you have preferred?
OEM JJ2 (v1.20) 6 26.09%
Normal Released JJ2 (v1.21-v1.23) 17 73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Aug 18, 2003, 04:29 PM
Jazz 2 version decision: OEM JJ2 (v1.20) vs. Normal JJ2 (v1.21-v1.23)

What do you all think? What version would you prefer, that's if v1.20 was legal. Would you rather have the one we play now. Or the v1.20 to have been the released JJ2?

Oldies, medium aged people, and newcomers to the community I want to hear everyone's response. Please everyone who votes, reply to this topic.

IMO, I would have preferred the OEM version from what i've seen and heard. With some tweaks and the JCS added, this could have been a better Jazz2.

Remember: Let's please try not to get this thread closed. No flaming or asking for the games.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Aug 18, 2003, 04:54 PM
I'd rather have the version that supports internet play and level creation, thank you very much.

Untitled

Link is doing well so far

Aug 18, 2003, 05:47 PM
JJ2 OEM has some fancy stuff and some different stuff, but it is really just the novelty that causes us to want it. Personally I think 1.23\1.24 is better, even though it has some bugs and some strange things. And I don't doubt that 1.00 has its own quirks and bugs that we just haven't found because we don't often play it.

And just something to note: the OEM version isn't illegal to have, unlike the JJ3 demo. If you recieved it legally (like from an actual OEM or on a demo disk or something) there is no problem with owning it. However, just like JJ2, it is illegal to give to people and own if you aren't entitled to.
There still remains that strange precipitate
Which has the quality to resist
Our oldest and most trusted catalyst.
It is a substance we cannot cremate
By temperatures known to our Laboratory.

~ E.J. Pratt

JCF Veteran

Aug 18, 2003, 07:19 PM
More like tons of bugs.

"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005
Lark

JCF Member

Lark has disabled reputation

Aug 18, 2003, 08:29 PM
OEM has climbing monkeys, and has the two 1337 new weapons.

JCF Member

defalcon has disabled reputation

Aug 18, 2003, 10:37 PM
Being the annoying prat I am, I'll say these 2 things:

- Labrat, they're not 'NEW' weapons. The OEM is OLDER than the release JJ2.

- Tublear, the original JJ2 release was 1.20. The OEM version was 1.0h as I recall. Hence, 1.20 IS legal.
Nitro

JCF Member

Nitro is doing well so far

Aug 18, 2003, 11:27 PM
They're new to us and like a different version. I voted OEM, it's awesome IMO.

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Aug 20, 2003, 07:23 PM
1.00g

The "old" weapons are merely a fireball type thing which goes through enemies, and an ugly spinning grey thing which is like a strong blaster. In other words, they would have both been pretty useless in multiplayer. The new pepper spray is much more useful since it's hard to see and goes so fast, and the electro blaster is the best weapon for shooting through thick walls.

I prefer 1.23/1.24. It has online play, level editing, better level compression, better sound effects, better graphics, more logical weapons physics, better balanced weapons for multiplayer (yes, I know that seekers are the best weapon currently, but as for all the other weapons, they are equally useful in the hands of someone who knows how to use them properly aside from TNT and ice), better tilesets, better options (for example, theres no window mode in the OEM), stomping does 2 damage, there are more bosses, and finally, more events (such as snow).

The full version of this game is superior in almost every way. The OEM is only preferred by some people because it is a novelty.

Visit My JJ2 Blog (HOLD YOUR HORSES I'M WORKING ON IT SHEESH)

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Aug 21, 2003, 09:10 AM
1.23/1.24 definately. What Violet said.

JCF Member

Trafton is an asset to this forum

Aug 21, 2003, 12:20 PM
I fail to see how two semi-useful guns, a few small bug fixes, and a few more bugs can make something better than an otherwise equivilant game with Internet play and level creation. If OEM was the last and only Jazz 2 version, the community would not have lasted for longer than a year. And that's really all that there is to it.

~ Traft

JCF Veteran

Aug 21, 2003, 12:53 PM
How do you know that?

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Aug 21, 2003, 03:04 PM
I do not have 1.20 OEM. I have 1.00g OEM. However, I have the 1.20 demo (I got it when I preordered JJ2). The OEM is so much better than 1.21-1.23 it's funny. True, 1.00g doesn't have online play. But the 1.20 demo did. The OEM game has loads of bug fixes not found in 1.23. The only downside to 1.00(there were 1.00a through 1.00h, so insert a letter from a to h here) is that it includes no level editor. However, I personally think 1.24x is the best version. And I depart now.