Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » JJ2+ Issue Tracker

Bug Report Repeating spaz wo-ho sound upon LRS death

Zero[CDF]

JCF Member

Zero[CDF] has disabled reputation

Nov 22, 2020, 01:37 PM
Repeating spaz wo-ho sound upon LRS death

Sometimes when I run out of lives with Spaz in LRS I'll keep hearing the "wo-ho" sound as if he's standing on the edge of a cliff. I then usually turn off the sound effects until the next level. I'm not sure what triggers it. Last time it happened on lhoo.j2l.

On an unrelated note, has no-fire LRS somehow gotten laggier since 5.7 or is it just me that got laggier?

JCF Member

ShakerNL is an asset to this forumShakerNL is an asset to this forum

Dec 29, 2020, 03:18 AM
It has nothing to do with LRS. This does always happen when you're spectating (unless you join a server in spectator mode). To prevent this sound from happening, you have to remove masks from the map on the top left arra.

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Dec 29, 2020, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakerNL View Post
This does always happen when you're spectating (unless you join a server in spectator mode).
Not to say this shouldn't be fixed because it definitely should, but it actually only happens if you're facing left when you start spectating. There should even be a way to write a mutator that makes spectators always face right as a workaround.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

FawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legend

Jan 6, 2021, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seren View Post
Not to say this shouldn't be fixed because it definitely should, but it actually only happens if you're facing left when you start spectating. There should even be a way to write a mutator that makes spectators always face right as a workaround.
I agree this definitely is worthy of a what I expect to be an easy fix, but I must add that I don't really like the suggestion of a mutator fix for something that is completely a jj2+ matter, unless the intention here is that a mutator will surely be a temporary workaround.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jan 7, 2021, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FawFul View Post
I agree this definitely is worthy of a what I expect to be an easy fix, but I must add that I don't really like the suggestion of a mutator fix for something that is completely a jj2+ matter, unless the intention here is that a mutator will surely be a temporary workaround.
The post you quoted literally ends with the word "workaround".

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Aug 20, 2022, 11:36 AM
Fix will be available in 5.10.