Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Apologies

JCF Member

DennisKainz is notorious for his worthless posts

Jan 13, 2013, 10:01 AM
Red face Apologies

Since a lot of people used to call me ... the word I'm not going to say ... I thought they referred to the simple being friendly with children, as I am. I would never hurt one, and I feel ashamed for what I said.

I feel very sorry for spamming around, and I won't do it again. Please, give me another chance. Now that I know that pedophile DOESN'T mean friend of children, but rather rapist and assassin, I will never say it anymore.

Why did I post it into General Jazz Talk? Well, to talk about something that really shocked me and made me not sleep anymore, that I will explain in a single word:

PLAGIARISM

NOT ONLY I didn't see any progress on Jazz Jackrabbit since 1997, but now I realize it is a THOROUGH clone of Earthworm Jim. I love the Jazz Jackrabbit character in itself, but Earthworm Jim is makes me vomit! It's awful!

And there are also bits of Rayman, The Lion King, Donkey Kong and Sonic.

However, from now on, I will do my best to SUPPORT the community instead of complaining much and doing nothing.

If I somehow broke a rule through my words, feel free to punish me. It will mean I deserve it.

And thanks not for doing like those at ddrplanet.it, who gave me a "15 days ban" that lasted FOREVER (3 years with now). You are coherent ones.

Last edited by DennisKainz; Jan 13, 2013 at 10:07 AM. Reason: I forgot a pic
Ninja

JCF Member

Ninja is an asset to this forumNinja is an asset to this forum

Jan 14, 2013, 01:26 AM
you're weird, disturbing, and if I had kids somewhere and found out you moved there, you'd have to go.

JCF Member

DennisKainz is notorious for his worthless posts

Jan 14, 2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
you're weird, disturbing, and if I had kids somewhere and found out you moved there, you'd have to go.
Good thing you don't have kids then! With all respect, that is.

JCF Member

burnout92 is doing well so far

Jan 14, 2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Since a lot of people used to call me ... the word I'm not going to say ... I thought they referred to the simple being friendly with children, as I am. I would never hurt one, and I feel ashamed for what I said.

I feel very sorry for spamming around, and I won't do it again. Please, give me another chance. Now that I know that pedophile DOESN'T mean friend of children, but rather rapist and assassin, I will never say it anymore.

Why did I post it into General Jazz Talk? Well, to talk about something that really shocked me and made me not sleep anymore, that I will explain in a single word:

PLAGIARISM

NOT ONLY I didn't see any progress on Jazz Jackrabbit since 1997, but now I realize it is a THOROUGH clone of Earthworm Jim. I love the Jazz Jackrabbit character in itself, but Earthworm Jim is makes me vomit! It's awful!

And there are also bits of Rayman, The Lion King, Donkey Kong and Sonic.

However, from now on, I will do my best to SUPPORT the community instead of complaining much and doing nothing.

If I somehow broke a rule through my words, feel free to punish me. It will mean I deserve it.

And thanks not for doing like those at ddrplanet.it, who gave me a "15 days ban" that lasted FOREVER (3 years with now). You are coherent ones.
Maybe you will not like what I say, but I should give him another chance. At least in my opinion. Plagiarism is the great sin I know, but you should forgive him. Anyway, it was a development of the game, such as Jazz Jackrabbit 1.23 patch and a variety of programs and mods to be downloaded. Upsets the common heaven hurt someone. I do not want to ban him. It is a site you need to know Commodity tolerate stupidity of the other, even if it is a large orbital. At least I think so too, if someone speaks against feel free to do so. Gus! Bound by the promises or not? Anyway, I have to say nasty things when I'm nervous.

JCF Member

snzspeed is a forum legendsnzspeed is a forum legendsnzspeed is a forum legend

Jan 14, 2013, 03:29 PM
Similiarities like those cant really be called as plagiarism...

Last edited by snzspeed; Jan 15, 2013 at 01:12 AM.

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Jan 15, 2013, 06:49 AM
Why spray out so much tense emotion on a public message board a.k.a web forum a.k.a bulletin board?

And for the similarities between JJ2 and Earthworm Jim. Well, it's been compared using text and image many times by now, I believe there's not much else to say/note about it. Nick based the tilesets on concepts from similar games, Jazz himself is based on Bucky O' Hare, etc etc.

Perhaps the most original aspect in JJ2 is the music. Alexander Brandon is such a legend, he probably got most inspiration out of mere emotion.. And the theme of the level.

JCF Member

WhiteBlaster has disabled reputation

Jan 15, 2013, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
Perhaps the most original aspect in JJ2 is the music. Alexander Brandon is such a legend, he probably got most inspiration out of mere emotion.. And the theme of the level.
Totally agree. What a musician!

There is a flame untamed
Deep in my heart
Unyielding, pure Ain Soph
'tis measureless
Our right divine:

Aspire to all horizons
To seek nature ov things
Retreat within yourself
To find the primal breath

Behemoth - Transmigrating Beyond Realms ov Amenti

JCF Member

Jan 15, 2013, 01:00 PM
Slaz! You're absolutely right about that. Your feelings do not show up, because they might be heckling and violate you. Anyway, the games will always be compared to each other, to learn about what inspired or copy of a game that for marketing purposes, if it goes wrong you can go in the bin. Therefore, similar to the two-game, because they did not want to fail in the sales statistics. Besides Alexander Brandon is the all time best game music creator. I love to listen to music from Jazz Jackrabbit 2.

JCF Member

Sucer is doing well so far

Jan 16, 2013, 04:37 AM
I want to apologize for all the times I've been saying "kurwa" in public servers. I am so sorry

JCF Member

i:m is doing well so far

Jan 16, 2013, 07:26 AM
i will never forgive gus, my children cry hard when anyone says his name

JCF Member

Jan 16, 2013, 12:00 PM
Why do you think Gus would be a pedophile? From being friends with children does not mean that it would be a pedophile. Only if you tell him he could rape them.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Jan 16, 2013, 03:07 PM
Judge for yourself, Burnout92:
http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showp...&postcount=299

JCF Member

Jan 17, 2013, 08:54 AM
Okay Grytolle. You're right, but non-sexual way, but in a romantic way pedophiles (although it is interesting to me, because if someone pedophile just only sexual way).

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Jan 17, 2013, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnout92 View Post
Okay Grytolle. You're right, but non-sexual way, but in a romantic way pedophiles (although it is interesting to me, because if someone pedophile just only sexual way).
Not to defend Gus or pedophiles or anything, but being a pedophile doesn't mean you're focused on sex alone.

Anyway, Gus, try to keep a cool head this time. Don't get overly emotional or attached to a bunny game forum.

JCF Member

Jan 18, 2013, 11:24 AM
Thanks CrimiClown the information in connection with the pedophile. So I want to apologize to the my last post.

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Jan 19, 2013, 02:42 PM
It's not stealing, it was an homage:

To Quote Nick Stadler from my old interview: ( http://www.jazz2online.com/news/679/...-nick-stadler/ )
"I still couldn’t grasp at the time, how to take my freehand drawing skills and translated them into this entirely new medium. So I studied the tilesets of games I admired. I adored the artwork of EWJ and Lion King and Toe Jam & Earl, and Cool Spot, etc…"

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends

JCF Member

Jan 19, 2013, 03:37 PM
So it is not plagiarism suspicious similarity between the two games? Nick Stadler did good work.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:32 PM
!Tman!
This message has been deleted by Stijn. Reason: Not the direction I'd like this thread to go in
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:47 AM
burnout92
This message has been deleted by Stijn. Reason: Reply to deleted post
!Tman!

JCF Member

!Tman! is doing well so far

Feb 3, 2013, 06:38 PM
What direction would you like it to go in Stijn? If you ask me this whole post should be deleted... Jazz2 was my childhood game and your supporting this?

JCF Member

Feb 4, 2013, 12:21 AM
Stijn's right for having deleted the posts, because this is a bad direction of this thread. Gus expressed his apologies. I liked the game when I was a child I played lot of with Jazz2. I will support you, but don't say any non-sense thing. Okay?

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Feb 4, 2013, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Tman! View Post
Jazz2 was my childhood game and your supporting this?
Don't be ridiculous.

On further thought, there's no way this will end nicely, so I'm closing the thread. Jj2's similarities to other games havebeen discussed to death before (just search for "lion king") and I can't see Gus' apology, whatever its worth, generate any more response than thinky veiled threats and insults.
Closed Thread