Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Why are trainers considered bad?

n0

JCF Member

n0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legend

Aug 18, 2003, 11:50 PM
Why are trainers considered bad?

Lately I have been working on building a trainer and testing it in random servers. I always ask the host if they mind before I use it, or I just look at the readouts the trainer gives me and see if they look right (ie, health of another player keeping between 0 and 5). So, you could say I am in the debuging stage of making the trainer.

Now, if I go on a server, and openly say I'm working on a trainer, at least one person pipes up with a "TRANIORS R BADD!!!!!11" What I want to know is why they are considered bad, even if I am using it for my own personal use, and always ask the host before I use it. I know about certain bugs (lazers, frozen gem rings, ect), and stay away from them.

So someone (I forget who) was trying to explain to me why trainers, even used the way I am using it, are bad. If someone could clear this up for me, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!

`N0

(BTW, don't bother e-mailing me or PMing me about getting my trainer because I don't know you and don't know that you won't use it wrongly, therefore I won't send it to you)
Nitro

JCF Member

Nitro is doing well so far

Aug 19, 2003, 01:38 AM
Cos some people use them for cheating and don't ask before using it.
Electric Ir

JCF Member

Electric Ir is doing well so far

Aug 19, 2003, 03:50 AM
There has been trouble with trainers in the past. And there are a lot of people abusing trainers for their own sake and advantages. Therefore, they're not really tolerated by the people.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Aug 19, 2003, 05:25 AM
Funny, could it be because someone renamed me "Chaos Pixie" while you happened to be in the server?

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
Xion

JCF Veteran

Xion is doing well so far

Aug 19, 2003, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium
Funny, could it be because someone renamed me "Chaos Pixie" while you happened to be in the server?
That takes the cake! Not even renaming BR "BlackRappy[Si]" will be as funny as that.

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Aug 19, 2003, 10:19 AM
Buaaahaaahaa, that's soooo quoteworthy! XD
MOM! MAKE THE C&P WORK!

JCF Member

Aug 19, 2003, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium
Thats packet editing, and my trainer can't do that. And I wasn't testing my trainer in that server, I was actually playing.

`N0

-edit-
Here is a screen shot of what my trainer can do, ok?
http://n0.freehosting.net/Stuff/N0Trainer.html
And, no, my trainer is not nor never will be uploaded on that server.

-=edit=-
My trainer has been changed since that screenshot, since I could not find a way to do chat, I droped the chat box and added a button to load JJ2 into J2Helper's memory.
Xion

JCF Veteran

Xion is doing well so far

Aug 19, 2003, 12:08 PM
Hmm..

Lots of wasted space.

JCF Member

Aug 19, 2003, 12:11 PM
It's for the JJ2 window to sit in.
Lark

JCF Member

Lark has disabled reputation

Aug 20, 2003, 07:06 PM
Trainers are considered bad because they enable the use of cheats in online play, which is looked down upon all around.

That's why people seem to fight with J2HG members a lot.

JK ;p

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Aug 20, 2003, 07:11 PM
I don't like trainers because of what they are designed for. Many people don't use them in bad ways, but many do. While I know you would never cheat, having yet another trainer in circulation could create additional problems. I suggest that you do not send that trainer you are creating to anyone at all, not even people you trust the most. Hopefully that's obvious though.

I suggest pooling your programming talents into something that can be of use to people. There are many types of programs that can be made which are not considered illegitimate, such are server utilities.

Visit My JJ2 Blog (HOLD YOUR HORSES I'M WORKING ON IT SHEESH)
n0

JCF Member

Aug 21, 2003, 09:33 AM
All the server utilities that I can think of have been already made. Execpt maybe AI bots, and that's way beyond my programing abbility.

Or, If i could find that packet editing program, or figure out how to packet edit in VB, I do have an idea...

Or if I...

Ok, so I have a few Ideas, some of which I just might try to put into motion. And my trainer is almost done, so I'll start playing with diffent options next.

And I understand why people think that trainers can be used wrongly (they can), but I STILL don't get why people see my server "Testing a trainer", and then go into it and complain how much they don't like me using a trainer in the server.

`N0
Trafton

JCF Member

Trafton is an asset to this forum

Aug 21, 2003, 11:30 AM
You know what the best "trainer" is? Playing.

~ Traft

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Aug 21, 2003, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N0B0DY
Execpt maybe AI bots, and that's way beyond my programing abbility.
Make a bot that randomly presses the movement, jump and fire keys. If some foo is trying to get points off me in an idle server, I at least want to put up a fight.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
VashTheStampede VashTheStampede's Avatar

JCF Member

VashTheStampede is doing well so far

Aug 27, 2003, 07:38 PM
I agree completely!

WHY ARE TRAINERS BAD?

i have made a few, they are fun to use SOMETIMES (not all the time)
so yeah, you should all stop hating people who use them. we're not all that bad (though i admit now that my help on a trainer called "super ears" was a big mistake, it doesn't even do anything, using it just lags a server. we should have called it "LAG TRAINER")

Derby: Abused content removal.

[JxFhGo9w34865tRh!!!!!] - sÀlÄmÃnDèRDM

Last edited by Derby; Aug 27, 2003 at 07:57 PM.