Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » The Art & Fiction Forum

crimi's muzak

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Apr 30, 2009, 05:56 AM
crimi's muzak

Hey all. Just thought I'd share something with you. First off, let me say that I don't have any studio equipment or anything, so don't expect high-quality sound stuff. This is as good as it gets.

CrimiClown - Circles (Original by Soul Coughing)
The original song has been a favourite of mine for almost 11 years now. One day, when I was stumming my guitar, I found some odd chords that seemed to be in the same tone as that of the original song, and when I put the text to it, it seemed to fit. This recording is still raw, by the way, but I hope you can appreciate it.

CrimiClown - NinTechno
CrimiClown - 8-Bit Boredom

These two were made with a tracker, Modplug Tracker to be exact. Someone encouraged me to do something chiptune-ish so I tried. I hope you like it.

More stuff will come soon enough.

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Apr 30, 2009, 01:03 PM
Man, you have a really good voice! I'm almost jealous. The cover is fun and all, but the quality of record is quite annoying. I'm looking forward to a better recorded version.

The 8-bit songs are fun too, not too repetitive, I'd say the lead melodies are rather impressive. There are times, however, when a note is held too long (this is especially the case with bass in NinTechno). It's not like I dislike 8-bit samples, but they don't sound too good when they drone too long without anything happening to them (like fades or effects). Boredom's melody is quite something between an 80's cartoon show and an old action game theme song. Fun, heroic sounding stuff.

What can I say? You're good at this, for sure. Don't hesistate to make more.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

plunK is an asset to this forum

Apr 30, 2009, 07:09 PM
Well, i think these are very well done and very impressive. The modplug composing is very well done i'd have to say, your guitar playing is fairly average but your vocals definately make up for it. Keep this up for sure.

Circles is my favourite.

And whence GH:JJ is completed if i make a community song pack i'll likely throw these in with some of FawFul's and DoubleGJ's which are already planned as DLC

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

May 1, 2009, 01:05 PM
Yeah, sorry for the quality, all I have is the built-in laptop mic. But thanks for the advice, 2×GJ, I'll work on less monotone bass lines.

Our band's not really professional (just good :P) and we don't have any means of making high-q recordings any time soon, so please bear with me... :P We will one day have good recordings.

And plunK, thanks for the nice words. I'll remember them.

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

May 1, 2009, 02:31 PM
Chill, I don't have any hi-end equipment, either. Hell, I don't even have a mixer. All the screaming is going straight through my integrated sound card. But with some fairy dust, it's not all that awful.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

plunK is an asset to this forum

May 1, 2009, 02:53 PM
Yeah both of my (Disfunctional) bands have really crappy recording equipment. One of my bands records using like gh mics, the other calls me, and i record it on a 3rd party mp3 over the phone call....ya really./...

JCF Member

May 2, 2009, 03:18 AM
...lol? Our band does have a mixer and two high-q microphones, but well, our drummer who owns all this equipment is out of town... Tuesday he'll be back, when we're gonna ROCK THIS TOWN. (Yes Stray Cats reference)