Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » Site and Forum Rules, Questions & Feedback

Downloads undelete request thread

JCF Member

KRSplatinum is a forum legendKRSplatinum is a forum legend

Dec 15, 2014, 02:43 PM
Downloads undelete request thread

Hey admins,

I heard it's possible to undelete levels from J2O if they were uploaded and previously deleted. I deleted my downloads from my old account since the accounts were merged, and I wanted to make it look like I got better ratings. However others have suggested that there's no point in hiding my bad reviews and rescuing those old levels is better.

So is it possible to undelete my old levels? (Some of them probably broke J2O's rules though...)

Thanks!

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Dec 15, 2014, 03:21 PM
It should be possible. Any in particular, or all of them?

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Dec 15, 2014, 03:41 PM
No. Act responsibly next time.

JCF Member

Dec 15, 2014, 03:44 PM
J2O isn't my responsibility...

And it's not for me to argue whether undeleting files is allowed or not.

Some of my old uploads are essentially useless, like outdated patches and mods of other levels. I wouldn't want those on my downloads. Others of my uploads are still playable levels, which have inherent value.

Either way I don't recommend anyone performing labors that should prove unfruitful. The reward would be small, so whether or not it's worth the effort, I have no argument toward either position.

Plus, I'm also banned from posting uploads and from posting to RabbitJournal. Was there a reason for this? I'm not saying I deserve unban, but that people should be told the reason for being banned. And, considering the point of this topic it should be a factor that I'm already banned from uploads/rabbitjournal.

Last edited by KRSplatinum; Dec 15, 2014 at 04:19 PM.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Dec 16, 2014, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRSplatinum View Post
Plus, I'm also banned from posting uploads and from posting to RabbitJournal. Was there a reason for this? I'm not saying I deserve unban, but that people should be told the reason for being banned. And, considering the point of this topic it should be a factor that I'm already banned from uploads/rabbitjournal.
You were banned from posting to RabbitJournal the last time one of your stream-of-consciousness lucid episodes spilled over to it. As they seem to happen every so often I'm not particularly inclined to restore your privileges.

I didn't ban you from uploading stuff, but looking at your upload log around the time it happened I'm guessing the reason is much the same.

I'm fairly neutral on the undeleting thing, on the one hand I'm all for making as much content as possible available, on the other hand... just don't delete them in the first place. Some of these uploads are clearly shit (levels from other authors with a few tiles of eyecandy changed, for example) and I really wouldn't feel like going through them one by one to figure out which would be worth restoring.

JCF Member

Dec 16, 2014, 10:22 AM
I don't highly value those levels anyway.

I guess it's evidenced that at least one update was against the rules (edited level by another author). However none of the files were ever identified as breaking rules and I deleted them myself. Why ban without deleting content that's the reason for ban?

On the RJ post it refers to a JJ2 mod I made and the comment refers to a game I made. If the post doesn't make sense, why not allow editing to clarify? Or just delete it if that's the reason for ban?

I appreciate the timely responses though. It's interesting to consider the prospect of undeletion regardless of whether or not the idea applies to this situation.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Dec 16, 2014, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRSplatinum View Post
I guess it's evidenced that at least one update was against the rules (edited level by another author). However none of the files were ever identified as breaking rules and I deleted them myself. Why ban without deleting content that's the reason for ban?

JCF Member

Dec 16, 2014, 01:17 PM
Ok, that's evidence enough, that I'm done with this thread.