Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

Lori is a contest

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Feb 9, 2020, 12:18 PM
Lori is a contest

It's time for a new contest! You are charged to create a level (for JJ2, JJ1, JJ3, JJA, or Battery Check) that in some way evokes , Jazz and Spaz's sister, Rules are basically identical to my Japan contest--do whatever you want, so long as it's a newly released level and defensibly related to ! Because people were so fast last time and really didn't need a full month, this time we'll try having the contest last two weeks, meaning you must upload your submission/s to J2O by February 23rd.

Please refer to Lori Central if you need some more information about .

The arbitrarily-chosen winner will receive a Steam key for Dust: An Elysian Tail, a 2D platforming video game by 's creator with a 96% positive reception. (Or if you already have that game, I dunno, we'll work something else out.)

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 23, 2020, 09:13 PM
Okay, let's try sweetening the pot. Besides Dust, the winner will also get a Steam key for Outlast, a first-person survival horror game with another 96% positive reception but probably no real connection to . You have through March 8th.

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 10, 2020, 10:06 PM
New model! The deadline is now 168 hours after the first entry (that's exactly one week). Besides the copies of Dust: An Elysian Tale and Outlast, the winner will also receive $5 per person who enters. (Not per entry.) So if someone enters a level and nobody else enters anything in the next 168 hours, that person gets $5, but if there are two submitters the prize includes $10, and so on.

JCF Member

Ðx is doing well so far

Mar 12, 2020, 11:39 AM
i played outlast its fun

JCF Éminence Grise

Aug 3, 2020, 10:30 PM
It is permitted to submit a level to this contest that you also submit to another contest, for example if you find a way to make a level using a JJ1 tileset that also feels related to Lori.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jul 22, 2021, 07:37 PM
An entry has appeared! As such, this contest will close in 164 hours. Bring your Lori pedals to the Lori metal!

JCF Member

dragusela768943 has disabled reputation

Jul 29, 2021, 06:19 AM
I'm in!

JCF Éminence Grise

Jul 29, 2021, 03:47 PM
The contest is now closed with two entries, meaning that the prize pool is $10, along with Dust and Outlast. A winning entry will be chosen in the near future.

JCF Éminence Grise

Aug 14, 2021, 12:41 PM
I've finished writing reviews for both entries. I notice I didn't specify for myself how I was going to judge a winner, so I'll have to wing this: both levels have a lot of points in their favor. Tomatoe Garden has lusher graphics, more variety in gameplay, more embrace of the JJ2 engine, and maybe a slightly better boss. Lori Fortress has tighter design, far fewer bugs, better weapon use, and greater replayability. I think their respective authors should be proud of each, but ultimately, and crucially: this is a Lori contest. Lori Fortress has much, much more Lori in it, and that has to put it over the edge and make Primpy the winner. However, because Primpy already owns Dust on Steam, I think I should offer Dragusela the Dust key as a consolation prize, and Primpy and I can talk later about what else I might have keys for that might be desirable, in addition to Outlast and the $10.

Tags
:lori:, lori