Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Battle Duel Tourney (or DITbtl) ..

valmango

JCF Member

valmango is doing well so far

Nov 22, 2008, 11:42 AM
Valmango vs. DarkSonic

5-2 to me at Battle 1 (my choice).
I played very defensively there, though it's not likely for me at b1. DarkSonic camped top carrot (that is near seeker PU) a lot as I expected. I managed to realize my sudden attacks, so he had no chance. One his kill was so lame. He caught me at the seeker PU area and started shooting me with seekers untill I died. I couldn't move at all while he was doing that but whatever.

5-4 to DarkSonic at Dismal Palace (his choice).
After the score had become 2-2 I quickly took a 4-2 lead. But he came back. He violently started hunting at me with bouncers. I couldn't avoid them and eventually died. Also he had so much of luck - due to lag he managed to dodge everything. But anyway, good game!

5-2 to me at Starlight Falls II (neutral).
Well.. VERY long and boring game. I started out very well by taking a 3-0 lead. But then I got tired a bit, so he killed me twice in a row. Right after that I started playing more offensive. Also I was hogging all three carrots very often, so he couldn't heal himself.

Good but very long games. We both had some airs but the lag didn't affect on the result of the game much. Thanks to SJ for hosting.
GG

Last edited by valmango; Nov 23, 2008 at 11:52 PM.

JCF Member

DarkSonic is doing well so far

Nov 22, 2008, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmango View Post

One his kill was so lame. He caught me at the seeker PU area and started shooting me with seekers untill I died. I couldn't move at all while he was doing that but whatever.
That's something I usually don't do in B1, but I couldn't resist. ;p

His fourth kill was something like that too, but he was at the bottom left and I couldn't do anything but dodge some seeks. Eventually I died. I didn't play that bad in B1, I even tried the long RF climb at the start and it worked. I got some airs and such but I blame the ammo crates in the level for that. D:

Then the duel in Dismal Palace. I quickly took a 1-0 lead. Then he scored 1-1 and I scored 2-1 afterwards. Then he became much better. He got the carrots before I got them and I couldn't really hit him after that. So it became 4-2 pretty quickly. But I didn't give up. I was at 2h and got a carrot. Then I decided to play aggressively. I somehow made the 4-3 and after that I made 4-4 after a minute or two. Then the final point. It took a while, but I scored the final point and I was surprised that I made such a comeback. It could have been 5-2 if I had bad luck.

The last duel was in starlight falls II. I didn't really start out that well, and it became 3-0 pretty fast. After that it started to get really boring, until I made 3-1. Not long after that I made 3-2, and it started to become a game again. But as I expected he made 4-2. The final point took a while. Somehow I didn't get hit when at 2h and so I was still alive. But that didn't take too long because I died when there were no carrots. Overall it took about 2 hours, but could have been much less if I had lost in Dismal Palace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Jarno View Post
What is Distopia

Last edited by DarkSonic; Nov 22, 2008 at 01:56 PM. Reason: lol

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Nov 22, 2008, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSonic View Post
The duel in SRuins was indeed really boring. Slaz really wasn't as bad as it looks. If we continued without DA or no carrots on I think we were probably still dueling for like 2 hours. And he wasn't that bad there, as I was on 1h or 2h for a few times. The duel in EvilMike's Evil Fortress took 18 minutes, and that was an interesting game like Qz said.
Agreed. The first game had some interesting action even though I had to get used to the level (Evilmike's Evil Fortress). I truly did my best to score a point but DS has proven to be on the upper hand there. The next duel was indeed far from smooth, as it quickly started to be repeative and boring, which even made me consider whether to try a direct attack or move 10 posses to the left to pick a carrot lol. I haven't played Battle games this seriously before this tournament but this duel made it clear that the fun factor depends on the map you're playing. Still GJ and GG!

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Nov 22, 2008, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSonic View Post
He got the carrots before I got them and I couldn't really hit him.
You must have hit him, otherwise the carrots would be all yours.(unless you played 1.20, but I highly doubt it)

JCF Member

Raven aka StL should make better posts

Nov 23, 2008, 10:36 AM
Emp resigns and retires from 1on1 tournaments for good, sorry.

JCF Member

Quickz is doing well so far

Nov 23, 2008, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Louis View Post
Emp resigns and retires from 1on1 tournaments for good, sorry.
Yeah, sucks, but whatever.. This isn't good news for his group though, since Gr33nPl4nt resigned as well. But fortunately there were some alternates and those are.. Enigma and SJ/Vivando. So Hitch, Cryo: prepare to face those two players. Also, I'll come up with the K.O.-schedule tonight or tomorrow.

Ragnarok d. CelL (3-5, 5-2, 5-1)
ARF, SFalls2, Corsair's.
1) Vegito 2) Superjazz 3) Ric

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2008, 03:01 PM
Quickz vs. DragoN

Well, finished my duel against DragoN. First round was Abandoned Robotics Factory. He started hosting, but after I got like 20 fake carrots (yeah, seriously) we changed hosts while he was leading 3-1. Snooze hosted the second part, where I took a 3-4 lead, but apparently he had huge lag so we decided to postpone the duel. But since I just started playing better I asked him to host the final part (since disappearing health is annoying, but overcomeable), we resumed at 3-3 and he won 5-4.

We then started playing in Sandstone Ruins as my pick, but he had to leave at 0-0 after 30 minutes of, well.. nothing much. He couldn't play for a week after that, so today we resumed and I picked The Highlands instead. I got 30 coins fast and tried to dominate with seekers first and later RF. I scored the first point, he came back to 1-1 but seconds later (I spawned at a good place and he was 1h) I killed him to regain my lead and finally win 5-1.

The neutral level was Garden Brawl, which he wanted and I agreed on, and I played well, taking a 1-0 or 2-0 lead. Then he gave up, didn't really try anymore and I won that 5-0.

Final result: (4-5, 5-1, 5-0)

JCF Member

Enigma is an asset to this forum

Nov 24, 2008, 08:46 AM
It would be unfortunate that I suck at battle, but I'll make the best of the situation. Now, I can forbid people to choose Battle 1 against me, right?

JCF Member

Nov 25, 2008, 04:05 PM
Yes Enig, that's right. Good luck with your duels and trying to catch up!

Also, I know I said the K.O.-schedule should be up today, but I was a bit busy and it takes some time, but it'll be online tomorrow.

Finally, I want to give two warnings (or actually one warning, but to two seperate people). Warrior and Yasco should play their first duel before Thursday, otherwise their spot could be given to any other interested player. Just to remind you: the deadline is in 5 (!) days.

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Nov 25, 2008, 10:32 PM
Me and Sven have been 'planning' our duel. Besides the GoW2 addiction, we're sure to play before the deadline.
master sven

JCF Member

master sven is doing well so far

Nov 25, 2008, 10:57 PM
I <3 GOW 2 ^^. Maybe DS and Slaz could make it thursday 3 or 4 PM?

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/th3a.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
Ric

JCF Member

Ric is doing well so far

Nov 26, 2008, 08:06 AM
yea, Yasco is somehow always busy when I ask him

JCF Member

Nov 26, 2008, 04:35 PM
K.O.-STAGE

The k.o.-schedule!

Also, I'll see what I can do about the Yasco-issue tomorrow, Ric!

And a result: Warrior d. CelL: 4-5 ARF, 5-3 Housewars, 5-0 SFalls2
Hitch vs. Cryo still 1-1 in rounds, Enig leads Cryo 1-0 in rounds..

JCF Member

Nov 27, 2008, 06:53 AM
And we have another qualifier! DarkSonic beat his compatriot master sven to reach the K.O.-stage as #2 in his group. Earlier valmango already qualified with 3 wins as #1.

DarkSonic d. master sven: 5-0 Battle 1 (MS), 5-1 EvilMike's Evil Fortress (DS)

Also, a screenshot:

Keep duelling, people!

JCF Member

DarkSonic is doing well so far

Nov 27, 2008, 06:54 AM
DarkSonic vs. Master Sven (5-0 Battle1, 5-1 EvilMike's Evil Fortress)

In B1 I was pretty lucky. I started out pretty bad and I had 2h after a minute or so. He also got me around the RF climb spot and the copter a few times, and I survived two times in a row. I also used the long RF climb twice, and it worked. At the end of the duel I was pretty sure there would be a double kill, but I survived that as well. So this could have been 5-1 or 5-2 too.

In EMEF I started out pretty well, and I scored 1-0. But then he made 1-1 and I was not surprised as I didn't play that great at that moment. But after the 1-1 I took control of the match and didn't really make any mistakes. The fourth kill was a bit weird, as he warped on my screen and I think it lagged a bit then. He had some airs too, while I had almost no lag (except one air in EMEF) Good game anyway.. now let's see who will be number 2 in Group E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Jarno View Post
What is Distopia
SpR

JCF Member

SpR is doing well so far

Nov 27, 2008, 10:45 AM
Sperry vs. Spaz18

EvilMike's Evil Fortress: 5-1
Battle 1: 5-2

Host: Snooze

GG, was a nice duel
Old Nov 27, 2008, 03:39 PM
Quickz
This message has been deleted by Quickz. Reason: nvm :P
Ric

JCF Member

Ric is doing well so far

Nov 29, 2008, 06:06 AM
able to duel this weekend, warrior?

JCF Member

Nov 29, 2008, 09:12 AM
The first duel of this weekend was played a while ago. DragoN d. Ktos in a really close duel: 5-3, 4-5, 5-4. Ktos picked ARF (and lost), then DragoN picked GBrawl (and lost too) and finally they played in Battle 3 with a neutral host, Impossibler.

We need more screenshots, people! Also, since this was the second last duel in Group A I'm the first one to qualify in this group wew!

Last edited by Quickz; Nov 29, 2008 at 09:50 AM.
FireSworD

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Nov 29, 2008, 11:28 PM
Whoo! That makes 7-7 for garden brawl and arf. I need one of my levels played 3 more times to beat sfalls2. Perhaps I can not only win this tournament, but in more ways than one.

Last edited by FireSworD; Jun 6, 2015 at 11:33 PM.
Ragnarok!

JCF Member

Ragnarok! is a forum legendRagnarok! is a forum legend

Nov 30, 2008, 01:27 AM
Just because you said that I'm gonna spam SFalls II

JCF Member

Dec 3, 2008, 10:12 AM
Well, the ultimate groupstage-deadline is: Dec. 7 (this sunday, that is). I don't care if no other matches have been played before Sunday, the K.O.-stage is starting then. Better finish your matches in time. Also, if I feel you didn't try hard enough to finish your groupduels you might be excluded from the upcoming 2on2-tournament. Just a friendly warning. So play your matches in time or post a forfeit-message here.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 01:01 PM
Hitch
This message has been deleted by Hitch.

JCF Member

Dec 3, 2008, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickz View Post
Well, the ultimate groupstage-deadline is: Dec. 7 (this sunday, that is). I don't care if no other matches have been played before Sunday, the K.O.-stage is starting then. Better finish your matches in time. Also, if I feel you didn't try hard enough to finish your groupduels you might be excluded from the upcoming 2on2-tournament. Just a friendly warning. So play your matches in time or post a forfeit-message here.
Matches with the highest priority:

DragoN vs. FireSworD
Impossibler vs. Ragnarok
Ric vs. Warrior
Hitch vs. Vivando
Robee vs. Snooze
Ric

JCF Member

Ric is doing well so far

Dec 4, 2008, 04:44 AM
I tried my best

JCF Member

Hitch is doing well so far

Dec 5, 2008, 12:57 PM
Finally after 2 weeks, TWO WEEKS! Me and Cryo have finished our duel/s.

Round 1:

Hectic Housewars : 5-0 (My choice)

Round 2:

Battle 3: 4-5 (Cryo's Choice)

Round 3:

Sandstone Ruins v.2? : 5-2 (Neutral)

Side notes:

Round 1 went fairly well for me, I controlled most of the carrots, and knew where Cryo was going most of the time, getting an easy kill most of the time. Ending the round with an RF chase.

Round 2 just didn't go my way. This would have been my veto level, had I known better. I was actually losing 2-0, then I somehow managed to get 2 kills, making it 2-2. Soon it was 4-4, and I just messed up the last point. He was the more defensive player here, good job!

Round 3 was Sandstorm Ruins. This took 2 or 3 weeks to finish, we had to play this 3 times, before we could finish it. Whenever he could play, which was not very often, I had so little time. Anyway, Sweet hosted the last point, gg.

Thanks Snooze for hosting the others...

Get it now : Memories 3: Imagination

Some links:
JDC - Uploads - 8th Dimension Site

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes

JCF Member

Dec 5, 2008, 01:23 PM
Quote:
This sunday, 17.00 GMT (which is 6 o'clock my time and for most of us), I'll start with filling up the spots in the K.O.-stage. Also, great that you finally were able to finish your duel, Hitch. Thanks for posting ^.^
Vegito

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Dec 5, 2008, 02:02 PM
Hitch Vs Vivando, Ric Vs Warrior should be possible... =\

DragoN vs. FireSworD
Impossibler vs. Ragnarok
Robee vs. Snooze

Hm, Dragon isn't active, I don't have a clue who Impossibler is, and Robee isn't online much either. Well, yeah.

JCF Member

Ric is doing well so far

Dec 6, 2008, 04:45 AM
I barely see Warrior online and when I ask him I always challenge him but he either refuses or doesn't reply

JCF Member

Enigma is an asset to this forum

Dec 6, 2008, 11:34 AM
SJ and I actually finished another duel, imagine that.

Host: DarkSonic
Nigma's level: Abandoned Robotics Factory, score: 5-0 to SJ
SJ's level: Starlight Falls, score: 5-1 to SJ

Comments: this game was... bwee... the score speaks for itself I guess. SJ just refused to die, no matter how sure I was that he was low on health. I think he subconsciously took pity on me and actually got sloppy when he died while leading 3-0 in Starlight Falls. GG.

JCF Member

Superjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHART

Dec 6, 2008, 11:34 AM
Finally got at least one match finished.

Viv vs Enig

5-0 to Vivando in Abandoned Robotics Factory(Enigma's pick)
5-1 to Vivando in Starlight Falls II(Vivando's pick)

Overall a really intense game. Enigma made me almost scream for terror several times when he surprised me behind a corner right when I was at low health. I had luck that I never really died though. In SFalls he took the carrots away from me with FORCE! ;( Good game and thanks to DS for hosting.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 02:39 PM
Quickz
This message has been deleted by Quickz. Reason: Errrr, nvm :D
Ric

JCF Member

Ric is doing well so far

Dec 7, 2008, 04:28 AM
Quote:
This sunday, 17.00 GMT (which is 6 o'clock my time and for most of us), I'll start with filling up the spots in the K.O.-stage. Also, great that you finally were able to finish your duel, Hitch. Thanks for posting ^.^
you mean you are going to fill spots with new players or players who played group stage

JCF Member

Dec 7, 2008, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
you mean you are going to fill spots with new players or players who played group stage
The spots in the K.O.-stage, Ric. Which means this evening, around 19 GMT (8 o'clock my time, can't make it earlier) I'll see which matches are played and according to those matches fill the 16 spots in the Upper Bracket up.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 05:09 AM
Quickz
This message has been deleted by Quickz. Reason: Errrr, nvm :D

JCF Member

Dec 7, 2008, 10:25 AM
Post Groupstage is over!

Well, the groupstage is over now. There were enough matches finished to determine who should advance in this tourney and who should be eliminated (and yes, I also took (in-)activity in consideration).

There's one exception. Cryomancer or Enigma will advance. They're currently tied (1-1 in rounds) and the winner of that match will advance as well.

The k.o.-stage schedule will be ready in some hours, don't know when exactly, but definitely tonight. For the people who won't progress: thanks for playing the groupstage ^.^ !

(Also, for the people who are wondering why Warrior advanced without playing a match in his group: he was in Group C before and he managed to beat CelL there in 3 rounds)

Last edited by Quickz; Dec 7, 2008 at 02:18 PM.
valmango

JCF Member

valmango is doing well so far

Dec 8, 2008, 01:35 PM
Well.. CelL and I finished playing our duels.

CelL vs. Valmango

5-2 to me at Abandoned Robotics Factory (CelL's choice).
I started out pretty well by taking a 1-0 lead. Game was going quite long, but it didn't make me unconcentrated and I quckly took a 3-0 lead afterwards. Then so suddenly, I started lagging and ctoed after all. Two minutes later he killed me and I ctoed again. Well it wasn't too hard for him to kill me once again as my network started lagging and I was getting some airs. But anyway, I managed to avoid him when at low health. Good game. To be honest I expected myself to be a loser in that match.

5-3 to me at The Dismal Palace (my choice).
Well I have experienced a lot of tricks here in duel against DarkSonic, so I decided to pick this level. I underestimated CelL here. This time, he played as spaz and was hanging around the top carrot, so I always lost my lives while acrossing that area. He learnt some tricks I used here, and they somehow worked at me. That way he managed to kill me twice in a row very quckly! After the score had become 4-3 I started playing heatedly and it brought nice results. He started losing his lives quickly but still was hanging around the center. I thought out the fact that he's still somewhere in the center and eventually made a final score. Good game.

Thanks to Snooze for hosting those duels... and probably, hello there =]

JCF Member

Dec 8, 2008, 01:56 PM
Schedule 1/8 Finals Upper Bracket (between brackets each player’s last level choice):

FireSworD (SRuins) vs. Sperry (Battle 1)
DarkSonic (Evil Fortress) vs. Warrior (Housewars)
Ragnarok (SFalls2) vs. PurpleJazz (Evil Fortress)
Hitch (SRuins) vs. R3ptile (Housewars)
Ric (OFort) vs. Quickz (Highlands)
Anubis (SFalls2) vs. Vivando (SFalls2)
valmango (Battle 1) vs. CelL (Evil Fortress)
Group F #3 vs. Snooze (Garden Brawl)

Then this: The Corsair's Coast is from now on no longer part of the mappool. I also strongly recommend all of you to play the Lite edition of Sandstone Ruins when you play it, since the other one just takes.. too long. SJ and Cryo tried it and it definitely played better.

Last edited by Quickz; Dec 8, 2008 at 03:02 PM.
Ric

JCF Member

Ric is doing well so far

Dec 9, 2008, 05:14 AM
well the " you can't pick the last level you picked" rule is a bit screwed up now, since someone (myself as well) could have to planned to pick another level in the group-stage but a forfeit win avoided it. I mean, in order to leave your best level(s) for the final-stage. Whatever though, I'm not going to whine about this, just wanted to say.

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Dec 9, 2008, 06:54 AM
I can understand that.
And lol:

Anubis (SFalls2) vs. Vivando (SFalls2)

JCF Member

Dec 9, 2008, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
well the " you can't pick the last level you picked" rule is a bit screwed up now, since someone (myself as well) could have to planned to pick another level in the group-stage but a forfeit win avoided it. I mean, in order to leave your best level(s) for the final-stage. Whatever though, I'm not going to whine about this, just wanted to say.
Some others (like myself) will think: Well.. I played a total of three levels now, while they only had to pick 2 levels (the other 'tourney 3'-rule) .. Anyway, you're right, but well.. can't really help it?
Ric

JCF Member

Ric is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2008, 04:43 AM
I don't mind, I didn't consider the other rule

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2008, 12:10 PM
Ric d. Quickz: 5-2, 5-1

That was.. pretty much chanceless. Dunno, he played well and I didn't play that well, so he won this quite easily. First round was ARF, his pick, and second was Dismal Palace, my pick. Anyway, congratz! ^.^
Ric

JCF Member

Ric is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2008, 12:33 PM
That is, admin vs. mod
Confirmed anyway...I had almost full healt all the time and good control of carrots!
In ARF (btw, wasn't it 5-1? ;D) I admit I camped a bit on low healt but I guess everyone do this y? I also tricked him with warps a few times and he did so too before I got killed.
Dismal palace wasn't very well known to me but it's quite small and easy to learn so I had no problem. 5-1 here, sorry for the dinner-break on 2-0.
Thanks to Rag and Warrior for hosting

Last edited by Ric; Dec 11, 2008 at 09:13 AM.

Tags
battle, duel, tournament