Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

Anything else to make levels with?

MattW

JCF Member

MattW has disabled reputation

Apr 20, 2001, 10:11 AM
This may be off topic, But...

Does anyone know of another program to make levels for Jazz2 with?

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)istrator

Bobby aka Dizzy is doing well so far

Apr 20, 2001, 11:32 AM
You can't use anything but JCS...

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Apr 20, 2001, 03:47 PM
It's possible to make a new one...of course, you'd prolly want the source code of the original JCS first, to see how it encrypts levels and such. I'd be kind of worthless, though. The only thing I would want in a new JCS would be the ability to open more than one level at once. Or maybe a TCS <> Jazz2 converter...
&lt;table width=&quot;100%&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.jj2.info&quot; title=&quot;waaaait&quot; style=&quot;font-size: 14pt;font-family: Verdana;text-decoration: none;&quot;&gt;penny on the train track&lt;/a&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/tickbot.html&quot;&gt;readme&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/quote.html&quot;&gt;quotes&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/rsg.html&quot;&gt;formats&lt;/a&gt; - are you brained? *\o/*&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td width=&quot;1%&quot; align=&quot;right&quot;&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;
Fquist_old

JCF Member

Fquist_old is doing well so far

Apr 22, 2001, 04:04 AM
A 123-level generator would also be neato. :-P
UrbanMenace

JCF Member

UrbanMenace is doing well so far

Apr 22, 2001, 10:56 AM
In fact, something that would automatically convert down where possible or ask you if you wanted to get rid of some stuff. Or something.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any offensive views, stupid mistakes etc. contained in the above message.

OK, maybe I am. Don't confuse me.
n0

JCF Member

n0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legend

Apr 22, 2001, 02:57 PM
*IF* you make a new one, could you put a j2t creator and a sptite editor in there? Maybe i am asking to much, but that would be cool...

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Apr 23, 2001, 12:37 PM
Stuff like that *is* possible...but you'd prolly have to have the Jazz 2 and JCS source codes, and you'd probably have to edit both. And I for one can't do that, and I prolly wouldn't anyway. We'd have a bunch of Jazz2-clones and hybrids running around. Actually, that'd be kind of fun.

Plus, you'd have to change stuff for the online things. People would prolly have to download the levels, tilesets, and new sprites.

So, it's possible, but it's prolly hard.
&lt;table width=&quot;100%&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.jj2.info&quot; title=&quot;waaaait&quot; style=&quot;font-size: 14pt;font-family: Verdana;text-decoration: none;&quot;&gt;penny on the train track&lt;/a&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/tickbot.html&quot;&gt;readme&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/quote.html&quot;&gt;quotes&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/rsg.html&quot;&gt;formats&lt;/a&gt; - are you brained? *\o/*&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td width=&quot;1%&quot; align=&quot;right&quot;&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;
SteelTalon

JCF Member

SteelTalon is doing well so far

Apr 23, 2001, 03:52 PM
Well, if you've got the source code, then someone could code in the auto-dowload for "skins" and stuff. Heh, if we had the source, we could seriously MOD this game up. Ahh, official Assault. Team Battle. Official Race. TEAM RACE! =D
PreSenT PaST
</font>

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Apr 23, 2001, 07:53 PM
Team Battle... Ah... By Team Race I presume you mean passing the baton sort of thing? Another idea for a new version is in the "Patch, or something needed" topic.
Matrix

JCF Member

Matrix is doing well so far

Apr 25, 2001, 07:50 PM
Where can you get the source for JCS ( I sorta wanna make a mac clone)?

John

JCF Member

John is doing well so far

Apr 25, 2001, 07:59 PM
Nowhere.

JCF Member

ElectroPiZZa is doing well so far

Apr 25, 2001, 11:25 PM
Nope, you can only use JCS. However, if the source code was released, then there could be a few fan-made level editors around, like in some other games. And about the idea of a 1-2-3 level maker, it could be interesting, but most of the levels would be nearly the same as each other when made by it.

Not only that, but if the source code were released, we could have super-nifty cool stuff like Mods, (not the music kind, the modification kind) like ST said. And Matrix, sorry, you can't - there is no source code.

Last edited by ElectroPiZZa; Sep 17, 2005 at 04:32 PM.

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Apr 26, 2001, 05:36 AM
Well, time to bother Arjan...
Old Apr 26, 2001, 05:51 AM
ElectroPiZZa
This message has been deleted by ElectroPiZZa.

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Apr 26, 2001, 11:21 AM
Well uh *since* the engine is about 3 years old now, he could release it like how it was then.
Old Apr 26, 2001, 11:25 AM
ElectroPiZZa
This message has been deleted by ElectroPiZZa.

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Apr 27, 2001, 05:44 PM
Knowing Arj, he prolly wouldn't even reply to any of the e-mails he got about it, let alone any Jazz2 related mail.

JCF Member

Michael is doing well so far

Apr 27, 2001, 10:26 PM
lol no