Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJ2+ (Updated June 30, 2010)

Closed Thread

Jimbob

JCF Member

Jimbob is doing well so far

Jul 31, 2008, 06:26 PM
Hurry up and release that new version, Blur! I want it I want it I WANT IT

JCF Member

Speeza is an asset to this forumSpeeza is an asset to this forum

Jul 31, 2008, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
I'm up with Hunter's idea, only informative for the newbies, but atleast better than rederecting them to a broken link.
Most newb's wouldn't really take much notice. And they proberply got it from jazz2online as well. And if they really wanted to go onto a bigg jj2 site then google would be great to find this place. But i bet any newb with jj2+ would know anyway.

But doing that would make it correct so why not

Your friendly JCF Hillybilly
DavidkazBest poster of 2010 ! [GpW]

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Aug 1, 2008, 09:36 AM
If someone is combining JJ2+ with JJ2 in a warez pack, then JJ2+ may use some kind of update notifier so people will still update their JJ2+, as they don't know where to get the lastest one.

JCF Member

Aug 1, 2008, 09:44 AM
Somewhat good idea, but I don't think they will ever come up with a warez pack with JJ2+, since that's illegal.
But I still support the idea of an update notifier.
15.4% - ||||||||||
Diamondus Night FP - y_light.xm
-
Level 2: Barricade Beach - 110x110
6% - ||||||||||
Beach+ Tropical - tropical_beach.s3m
-
Level 3: Starlight City - 140x140
5.387% - ||||||||||
Big Landscape Evening - aws_anew.xm
-
Level 4: Nightly Nature Walk - 180x180
4.641% - ||||||||||
IC - SluggionP - alc_run.xm

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Aug 1, 2008, 09:45 AM
With warez pack I just meant this pirated package.

JCF Member

Aug 1, 2008, 11:11 AM
(this isn't pirated, it doesn't come with the game itself)
15.4% - ||||||||||
-
6% - ||||||||||
-
5.387% - ||||||||||
-
4.641% - ||||||||||

JCF Member

Aug 1, 2008, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Nah, a lot of noobs just send each other plus, also it comes along with a pirated jj2 package someone made.
Yeah but noobs wouldn't really read the notifier anyway

Jimbob

JCF Member

Aug 1, 2008, 12:10 PM
Quote:
They already did as I posted earlier. Do you even know what warez is?
You think I don't? lol.
Warez = illegal copies of copyrighted commercial things available for download
Quote:
I guess Jerry was talking about the pack I posted about in my last post.
Like I said...
15.4% - ||||||||||
-
6% - ||||||||||
-
5.387% - ||||||||||
-
4.641% - ||||||||||
DanZeal

JCF Member

DanZeal is an asset to this forum

Aug 1, 2008, 04:55 PM
And here we go.... again. Being ridiculous.

ZStats
"The myth that women should not lift heavy is advanced only by women who fear effort and men who fear women." Eric Midkiff

JCF Member

Raven aka StL should make better posts

Aug 2, 2008, 03:54 AM
Well said.

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Aug 3, 2008, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Also more ideas, those are more complicated, but I feel like sharing:

A /status command that you can execute as a client. Displays information about the server, like max health, whether things like da, hfk, frustration, instagib, extended tnt range and damage, spectating, multiversion, kicking idlers are enabled or not.

That would be better than to ask the host about everything.

Different server configuration profiles, which are set up in the ini file and are loaded via a command. Currently, you can only have only one profile.
For example, you could set up a normal battle profile, a CTF one and a duel one. Loading the duel profile you've earlier set up would disable autostart, autocycle, will set max players to two and will make the server private. Or whatever you've entered in the ini file.

A save state feature, useful if a match has been interrupted because of a certain reason and it must be resumed later. It could save the teams, players/teams' scores, whether a player has flag or not, ammo and PUs.

Well, those things don't seem as they're really necessary but would make hosting easier.
While these are all very good ideas, most of them are more suited for a dedicated server type program. Implementing them in a hosting program would be cool though.

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this

JCF Member

plunK is an asset to this forum

Aug 3, 2008, 11:35 AM
I was thinking about JJ2+ and i had some interesting ideas:

--JJ2+ pretty much makes 1.23 and 1.24 equal, so why not give it a number like 1.25 or just call it jj2+ leave out the version number.

--Alot of people keep xmas 98 or christmas chronicles just because they like the main menu. Why not add a pick title screen option and be able to choose from xmas,tsf, or standard.

--Change the server host screen so you can start with a custom gametype instead of putting all the settings in during the first match.

--I think a team domination gametype would be kool. ive seen a couple attempts on j20 past files. I made one where everything except the domination points are part of jb jails and you have to walk to the points, and when only 1 team has a point they score. Someone could code it so area id 0,1,2 are dif domination points (you could have 1-3)and make a little counter to show how many reds and blues are on the dom points. I love dom and i have maps for it. if you made it i would release a nice mappack

--make a characters swap command for everyone so if you type /morph (eg. jazz, spaz, lori) you can swap at any time, but u would die

--Add a link to JCS in the main menu

--Add Invasion as a gametype. Pick a nice open map for 5-20ppl. give 15 seconds at the beggining to get ready(pregame)then use the multiplayer starts as a baddies spawn. every wave more and harder baddies spawn. when you die your out, but at the end of each round if 1 person makes it through you all respawn. (10 seconds between round) for just the final wave or a few challenge waves have a troup of boss monsters menace you.

--on the F9 screen with the admin,spectate and downloading signs have a tally system. If a player thinks a person should be banned or kicked they can type /strike and it will begins a tally of strikes. onlythe admin can see the tallys and it can help him with keeping some people out.(each player gets a fixed number per day, an could only use a single strike towards a single player

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Aug 3, 2008, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plunK View Post
JJ2+ pretty much makes 1.23 and 1.24 equal, so why not give it a number like 1.25 or just call it jj2+ leave out the version number
JJ2+ does not make 1.23 able to read TSF's levels and tilesets, so keeping the versions separate is reasonable.
Quote:
I think a team domination gametype would be kool. ive seen a couple attempts on j20 past files. I made one where everything except the domination points are part of jb jails and you have to walk to the points, and when only 1 team has a point they score. Someone could code it so area id 0,1,2 are dif domination points (you could have 1-3)and make a little counter to show how many reds and blues are on the dom points. I love dom and i have maps for it. if you made it i would release a nice mappack
I totally support this
Jimbob

JCF Member

Aug 3, 2008, 04:15 PM
And maybe a "/restore <time limit|off>" command?
What this one would do, is it would log all of the details that the server (currently) has, like game mode, custom game mode, banned people, level file, etc in an *.ini file.
It would then use this .ini file to log the people who were banned after Auto-restore was turned on. Then when it becomes time to restore the server it would restore the level, game mode, max score and server name and then would unban the people who's I.P.'s it logged that were banned after the restore command was used and it would then relist.
Very useful, imo, if you're hosting an over-night server with admins and you don't want them to mess up your server.
It would only restore it to the level if the game mode was changed. And it would count down the time that is remaining before it restores the server (only available on host's/admin's screens.)
15.4% - ||||||||||
-
6% - ||||||||||
-
5.387% - ||||||||||
-
4.641% - ||||||||||

JCF Member

Aug 4, 2008, 04:28 PM
Or you could be like what we do on zeal server and give them admin power AFTER we know they wont mess everythng instead of giving it out i and learning the hard way...
DanZeal

JCF Member

DanZeal is an asset to this forum

Aug 5, 2008, 03:57 AM
Quote:
That's what I meant.

Dunno how is it like on Zeal Beta, but on Zeal Alpha some admins are useless. People just join and troll and admins take no action.
I think we are off topic now....
If there are admins on the server (not just idle and away) action will be taken.
But we dont kick/ban just cuz ppl saying "___ is cheating!"
Cuz often that player is just way better then the newbie that cant understand why he lost.

ZStats
"The myth that women should not lift heavy is advanced only by women who fear effort and men who fear women." Eric Midkiff

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Aug 5, 2008, 09:23 AM
I am going to break my status as "lurker" and actually make a post. Woo!

I am in full support of the Invasion gametype plunK proposed. That's always been a favorite of mine in Unreal, and I feel it would translate well to JJ2.
Jimbob

JCF Member

Aug 5, 2008, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Or you can get admins who you trust completely and who won't mess up everything.

I think it'd be really nice if you could set the powers admins have because it's currently too easy for a bad admin to ruin everything.
Quote:
Or you could be like what we do on zeal server and give them admin power AFTER we know they wont mess everythng instead of giving it out i and learning the hard way...
No, I mean if you want the admins to do anything they want to your server, you would have this feature on just in case they forget to change it back themselves. (;p)
15.4% - ||||||||||
-
6% - ||||||||||
-
5.387% - ||||||||||
-
4.641% - ||||||||||

JCF Member

Aug 5, 2008, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ninja View Post
I am going to break my status as "lurker" and actually make a post. Woo!

I am in full support of the Invasion gametype plunK proposed. That's always been a favorite of mine in Unreal, and I feel it would translate well to JJ2.
I think I'll come out too. Question. Is it possible (and how, although i'll leave that one up to blur)? It's not going to be in the least bit easy...

JCF Member

Aug 6, 2008, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
I think I'll come out too. Question. Is it possible (and how, although i'll leave that one up to blur)? It's not going to be in the least bit easy...
Assault has 2 timed rounds, invasion would just have more (1-16 is usual). An interface like unreal would be kool where you select what monsters do what wave, which could have an .ini file. It would be like spawning a baddies through one event, on command. That part would be hard.

JCF Member

Aug 6, 2008, 08:31 PM
Experimentation. It can be done. Update all clients/hosts after enemies are spawned could cause a serious ...uh... *out of sync* i guess you would call it error.

Jindo

JCF Member

Jindo is doing well so far

Aug 8, 2008, 01:44 AM
Thumbs up

Hello there,

I just came across this when I browsing the forums, and I'm really pleased and impressed with what you've done !

The only problem is, I've tried running the plusifier.exe and plus.exe files, but they both tell me that both versions of JJR are not supported (these versions happen to be 1.23 and TSF)

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

JCF Member

Aug 8, 2008, 05:57 PM
A team warp event would be cool. So red and Blue team could warp back to there base for quick defense while the other team has to get there the standard way.

JCF Member

DarkB is doing well so far

Aug 8, 2008, 10:37 PM
00I have a question:When im in spectate mode and i stay a while without make anithing the server automatly become in idle mode...
????
And after i cant even change back to spectate or to play ...

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

JCF Member

Aug 9, 2008, 05:04 AM
dont work i try and just dont work ...
When write /idleserver off after 1 sec become idle again ...

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
Jimbob

JCF Member

Aug 9, 2008, 10:05 AM
That happened to me once. It was because idle server mode was automatically turned on and I was spectating. I couldn't turn it off until I turned spectator mode off.
And btw, it's supposed to do that.
15.4% - ||||||||||
-
6% - ||||||||||
-
5.387% - ||||||||||
-
4.641% - ||||||||||

JCF Member

Aug 9, 2008, 02:41 PM
Ya. i get hack attempts from IP adresses not even on my server. its annoying. Just make an option to tell you when someones banned, not each warning

JCF Member

Aug 9, 2008, 10:08 PM
Good idea

JCF Member

Aug 10, 2008, 04:03 PM
My Idea's

Shortcut Phases

Not really needed to improve the game but would be good. In ctf a lot of people like to put lol or rofl. but it's pretty hard in a 2v2 or something so maybe assign 1 = lol , 2 = stop etc.

Spectate Ammo

Would be intresting to see players ammo count , but I don't know if this is possible.

Better password system

Not sure if this one is possible but people can still join games with a programe even if its passworded. of couse you could set it to 4 players to prevent another one coming but its still annyoing. and if you want to change it to a 3v3 its annoying.

Thease aren't really essential but could still work I guess.

JCF Member

Aug 10, 2008, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeza
Better password system

Not sure if this one is possible but people can still join games with a programe even if its passworded. of couse you could set it to 4 players to prevent another one coming but its still annyoing. and if you want to change it to a 3v3 its annoying.

Thease aren't really essential but could still work I guess.
uh dude. It will reject anybody who tries to use a direct IP connect to get past the password. Just ban the dang people who join that aren't supposed to. Is it really that hard?

JCF Member

Aug 11, 2008, 02:06 AM
Quote:
uh dude. It will reject anybody who tries to use a direct IP connect to get past the password.
Yea the jj2+ dont allow to join passworded servers....i tryed once and says:"server dont allow you" something like that...

JCF Member

Aug 11, 2008, 04:14 AM
Quote:
There was a tool (Project Omega?) that could replace phrases you say. So you can assign l=lol, r=rofl, etc. with it.

If I recall correctly, plus' readme said something about how hard it was to accurately calculate the ammo players had. That's why ammo is shown as infinite when you spectate.
Ah I had a feeling about the ammo thing. Still would be better if omega was built in with plus but yeah I guess it doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
uh dude. It will reject anybody who tries to use a direct IP connect to get past the password. Just ban the dang people who join that aren't supposed to. Is it really that hard?
Yeah but some people can be (-)s , and use dyamic ip's. so it can be impossible to ban. plus theres that program what can bypass a ban somehow.

Old Aug 11, 2008, 04:15 AM
Speeza
This message has been deleted by Speeza. Reason: double post =/

JCF Member

Aug 11, 2008, 04:36 AM
Quote:
plus theres that program what can bypass a ban somehow.
i dont think a program like that was ever created

JCF Member

Aug 11, 2008, 04:55 PM
I've heard about a program to bypass bans but I don't think many people have it.[/QUOTE]

Eh you'd by surprised.

JCF Member

Aug 11, 2008, 05:56 PM
yeah, you would

JCF Member

Aug 11, 2008, 10:41 PM
I think only the person who made it, have it ...

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Aug 13, 2008, 05:47 AM
IP joining isnt impossible, btw, you just need to authenticate first

JCF Member

Aug 13, 2008, 05:55 AM
Quote:
IP joining isnt impossible
Isnt impossible but is very hard

Ragnarok!

JCF Member

Ragnarok! is a forum legendRagnarok! is a forum legend

Aug 13, 2008, 06:15 AM
Quote:
--I think a team domination gametype would be kool. ive seen a couple attempts on j20 past files. I made one where everything except the domination points are part of jb jails and you have to walk to the points, and when only 1 team has a point they score. Someone could code it so area id 0,1,2 are dif domination points (you could have 1-3)and make a little counter to show how many reds and blues are on the dom points. I love dom and i have maps for it. if you made it i would release a nice mappack
=D I love you. And if this was coded, I would also ditch my CTFs and make DOMs ;o...

JCF Member

Aug 13, 2008, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grytolle View Post
IP joining isnt impossible, btw, you just need to authenticate first
Understood. And if somebody does "authenticate it" as you say, you could just ban them for unsolicited entry.

I don't see the point in blocking password bypassers when you can just ban them.

Closed Thread