Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

So Arjan left Boss Key to join Epic Games

JCF Member

Roobar is an asset to this forum

Mar 10, 2018, 11:45 PM
luke11685

Banned

luke11685 is doing well so far

Mar 11, 2018, 12:39 AM
Well according to Twitter account of Epic Games community manager Stacey Conley they don't have plans for Jazz Jackrabbit 3,yet.I mentioned there year 2022.So what's his next game project btw?

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Mar 11, 2018, 03:21 AM
My smile and optimism: Gone.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz
luke11685

Banned

Mar 11, 2018, 04:09 AM
At least Insomniac Games rebooted Ratchet and Clank 1 on PS4 of original PS2 game.Capcom made Megaman 10 sequel aka Megaman 11.Activision is planning to port Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy(PS4)for PlayStation 4(it was one year exclusive),Nintendo Switch,PC Steam and Xbox One.Reboot of original Spyro psone trilogy is comming up including remake of Crash Team Racing.Who knows maybe Epic Games will re-release Jazz Jackrabbit Advance for Nintendo Switch or next Nintendo Home console I mean successor of Nintendo Switch.Maybe Epic Games at least port Jazz Jackrabbit 1&2 on ios(exclusive just like Fortnite) or android or ios and android(just like 2013 mobile ports of Sonic 1&2 thanks to sega)maybe in Jazz Jackrabbit's upcomming 40th anniversary we'll see Jazz Jackrabbit 3 demo from Unreal Engine 1 ported to Android or PC Steam.Perhaps Jazz Jackrabbit 2 sequel(2038-2040) as full version powered by Unreal Engine 4 or 5.How long Epic Games and Tencent Holdings Limited will be focused only on Fortnite?Waiting for Jazz Jackrabbit 3 is just like waiting for Half-Life 3 it takes eternity.

Last edited by luke11685; Mar 13, 2018 at 01:50 AM.

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Mar 11, 2018, 04:15 AM
We'll talk it all through on Anniversary Bash 52 which I will be hosting.
luke11685

Banned

Mar 11, 2018, 05:17 AM
For example back to the early 90's Sega(American-Japanese company) showed real passion and love to Sonic The Hedgehog same for Nintendo(japanese company) in mid-80's showed passion and love to Super Mario Bros. they showed lots of TV commercials why Epic Games(american company)didn't launch tv commercials for Jazz Jackrabbit in times where YouTube didn't exist,yet?What if in 1994 at least Jazz Jackrabbit 1 was ported on Sega Mega Drive/Sega Genesis or Mega CD/Sega CD and SNES not only PC exclusive.The past has a big influence on the present and future.Here's a proof of Jazz Jackrabbit 3:
I guess there's still shard of a hope guys.

Last edited by luke11685; Mar 11, 2018 at 10:26 AM.

JCF Member

Mar 11, 2018, 11:51 AM
But your screenshot says the exact oposite. She literaly said that they're not planning a new Jazz. But yeah, who knows what can happen in the future. At least one of the developers is back at Epic.

Besides I think Jazz3 isn't worth adding to this topic anymore. Arjan joined Epic, we found out what his secret project was, the end.

Last edited by Jelly Jam; Mar 11, 2018 at 01:07 PM. Reason: what*
luke11685

Banned

Mar 11, 2018, 11:57 AM
So this thread should be closed,right?Can admin close this thread,please?I hope someday Cliff Bleszinski,Alexander Brandon,Dean Dodrill,Nick Stadler,Robert Allen,Andrew Sega,Michiel Van Den Bos,Nando Eweg just like Arjan Brussee came back to Epic Games.It's not known if this gonna happen it might never gonna happen it's hard to say.She(Stacey Conley)literally said next time(speaking of jj3) if I could interpret her words.

Last edited by luke11685; Mar 11, 2018 at 01:01 PM.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Mar 11, 2018, 03:06 PM
If you have to "interpret her words", by definition it's not what she literally said. Epic currently has no plans for a Jazz Jackrabbit game (that they are willing to acknowledge to the public), end of story, unfortunately.

No reason to close this thread at this point. Just don't post in it until you have anything useful to contribute, e.g. when there's further (hopefully Jazz-related!) news with regards to Arjan Brussee's role at Epic.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 09:09 PM
luke11685
This message has been deleted by Stijn. Reason: "Just don't post in it until you have anything useful to contribute e.g. when there's further (hopefully Jazz-related!)
Old Mar 12, 2018, 08:49 AM
luke11685
This message has been deleted by luke11685. Reason: What do you mean Stijn?What can I have anything useful to contribute further new Jazz Jackrabbit related news?
luke11685

Banned

Mar 12, 2018, 09:23 AM
Who knows maybe Epic Games will make new Jazz Jackrabbit pc game(maybe multiplatform)in one condition only if original Jazz Jackrabbit 1,2&3 development team willI join(just like Arjan Brussee)to Epic Games,but I don't believe in miracles.It's never gonna happen.I mean these people https://www.jazz2online.com/j3f/jj3credits.htm

JCF Member

Mar 12, 2018, 12:32 PM
Well they don't technically have to join Epic in order to work with Arjan. But again that's very unlikely to happen.
luke11685

Banned

Mar 12, 2018, 09:16 PM
So there's only possible chance that only Arjan Brussee and Fortnite development team(they made Jazz Jackrabbit easter egg in Fortnite so Epic Games wants to re-release Jazz Jackrabbit 1&2 on GOG I guess I'm not sure they did it already) will make new Jazz Jackrabbit pc game someday.Even if Epic Games will unfinish jazz jackrabbit new demo only it will be visible on Epic Games Launcher just like Unreal Tournament 4(it was never finished pc game)because some skins are locked.If Epic Games could finished in late 90's at least Jazz Jackrabbit 3 re-released on GOG,but it didn't happen sadly.

Last edited by luke11685; Mar 21, 2018 at 04:22 PM.

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Mar 17, 2018, 01:01 AM
In case anyone here with an iPhone or iPad would like to try Arjan’s mobile adaptation of Fortnite, here are some codes:

https://fortnite.com/mobile?code=M5RJ722WSR7MBQQNCVUL

https://fortnite.com/mobile?code=YVCG6TK8HX2HU36DBTAZ

https://fortnite.com/mobile?code=TBFULS8UHMF7AC6PGNCD
luke11685

Banned

Mar 17, 2018, 06:12 AM
I'll be waiting for Fortnite Android port.Btw would you to play Fortnite PC version with me guys?Anyone interested?
Magma Dragoon

JCF Member

Magma Dragoon has disabled reputation

Mar 17, 2018, 05:46 PM
It seems very unlikely a new Jazz will ever happen, unless it's made by a third party company under license from Epic (like that GBA game). But then again, after freaking Bubsy got revived of all things I don't doubt it is possible.

I still dream of a new Tyrian and One Must Fall too.
luke11685

Banned

Mar 17, 2018, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma Dragoon View Post
It seems very unlikely a new Jazz will ever happen, unless it's made by a third party company under license from Epic (like that GBA game). But then again, after freaking Bubsy got revived of all things I don't doubt it is possible.

I still dream of a new Tyrian and One Must Fall too.
But which company could be a publisher of new Jazz Jackrabbit?Jaleco Entertainment was founded in 1974 and this company bankrupted in 2014.Will Arjan Brussee someday find a new publisher.I'm afraid Epic Games won't sell Jazz Jackrabbit to another game company just like Naughty Dog added Crash Bandicoot easter egg in Uncharted 4 so now Activision owns licence for Spyro and Crash.If Microsoft owns a licence for Gears of War maybe they can own Jazz Jackrabbit lince if Epic Games will allow this company.Imagine new Jazz Jackrabbit with microtransactions and lootboxes it's just what Electronic Arts did with Star Wars Battlefront 2 could you still enjoy it?I hope new Jazz Jackrabbit won't(end up)be like Metal Gear Survive(I think it's spin-off/cross-over not canonical) different protagonist and different characters.At least Microsoft and Rareware made remake of Conker's Bad Fur Day for Xbox 360 aka Conker: Live & Reloaded,but Rareware also re-designed Conker by using Holo-Lence technology Epic Games 8 years ago also re-designed Jazz Jackrabbit iOS demo which was very bad idea.What if in future Epic Games will be updating on gog.com Jazz Jackrabbit 2 endlessly?Just like Valve Software is doing with their own IP pc games.

Last edited by luke11685; Mar 18, 2018 at 02:41 AM.

JCF Member

Ja22 is doing well so far

Mar 18, 2018, 12:35 AM
In my personal opinion, just as someone mentioned before, Jazz Jackrabbit was a parody of games and films (and also turned out to be pretty good by itself), which doesn't mean it neccesarily needs to have a sequel. At least from the point of view of the creators, they made a game which is complete in all ways, they probably don't see many reasons to create a new Jazz game, it would only satisfy a small fanbase and it seems like the creators aren't interested in JJ so much. I find the release of the games on GOG as a satisfying step, people can finally buy these games easily, and that's pretty much all they seemingly wish to do with the JJ series.
Festive_meadmoonlight Festive_meadmoonlight's Avatar

JCF Member

Festive_meadmoonlight has disabled reputation

Mar 21, 2018, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma Dragoon View Post
But then again, after freaking Bubsy got revived of all things I don't doubt it is possible.
Yes; I was thinking about that; Sonic Mania as well:
What is amazing is that Jazz 2 continues on as an incredibly forward thinking and reconfigurable game/audiovisual art! Jazz 2 may be one of the most future-proofed games of all time; perhaps thanks to Epic having learned from ZZT!!

It is possible that what they have learned from porting Fortnite would help them create a 3D multiplayer for a potential new version of Jazz? I feel like they might be looking to a main game with 2D levels, with 3D gameplay to travel between planets, and 3D multiplayer! There could be level creation options for each of those!

They may even be waiting to make a new Jazz that would include some Unreal Engine VR components, rather than appear to be late to the 90s creative animal platformer revival! Perhaps the VR could be optional and would otherwise be seen in 3D graphics; which might be many years away for the technology to really be at the proper baseline, but far fewer than one might think!

Consider experiencing a CTF or even Treasure Hunt match in VR, roaming through a world created by one or many people from here; or placing on whatever the relevant vision device would be at the time, to travel to the next level's planet in what would feel like 4D!
luke11685

Banned

Mar 21, 2018, 04:22 PM
Guys that's my own thoughts about Jazz Jackrabbit future very grim.

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Mar 22, 2018, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke11685 View Post
Guys that's my own thoughts about Jazz Jackrabbit future very grim.
[Goddamn giant picture that's a pain in the ass to snip on mobile]
Don't be so dramatic. If it is dead, it died back in 2004. So, at worst, nothing has changed.

Banned

Mar 22, 2018, 01:04 PM
I would rather expect from Epic Games finding publisher like Slipgate Studios for Jazz Jackrabbit 3 or just reboot Jazz Jackrabbit 1 this game studio rebooted Rise of the Triad.So credits in Rise of the Triad got photos of old and new development team speaking of cutscenes Rad Rodgers and new Rise of The Triad had that comic book cutscenes from Max Payne 1.Btw Witcher also had early version from 1997(old development team actually few people left CD Projekt before this company became CD Projekt Red) which was just cancelled just like Jazz Jackrabbit 3 from 1999 so 10 years later Witcher 1 was revived and finished in 2007.Actually CD Projekt in mid-90's was game company,in late 90's game studio and nowadays it's corporation just like Valve.So in that case there's still a chance for forth new Jazz Jackrabbit game in future.Also Half-Life 1 Alpha(1997-1998)&Half-Life 2 Beta(1999-2003) diffferent than final products.

Last edited by luke11685; Mar 26, 2018 at 11:34 AM.