Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJ2+ Suggestions

JCF Member

SAMI is doing well so far

Jan 23, 2015, 08:50 AM
Yeah, I know. So there's no other way than to wait for Epic games to release JJ2 HD. Only thing I'm actually waiting for Plus is widescreen mode which I guess quite impossible too.

Edit: Ah, creating radar via angle script might be possible but having it as a plus feature would be great. Only if it meets the following conditions though:
1. It should show only your team mates. Showing opponents position would just hamper the games fun and intensity.

2. It should be able to differentiate each of your team mates. Like players icon on the radar should be based on his/her main fur colour.

3. Apart from these. The flag holder should be greatly differentiated. Maybe flagholder's icon should be big in size. And in case the flag holder has 1 or 2 hearts, his or her icon should start blinking. It should blink more fast if he or she is near death.

4. It should show where the flag is dropped. ( Read the next paragraph to know what I meant with this one).

And I think there should be an optional mode in CTF. Like the flag holder can drop the flag and his team mate can pick it up. But if the opponent players are able to touch it first, the flag will return to base again. This dropping should also happen if the flagholder dies. And the flag can be retrived in the same way.
But to make it not too much easy, there should be an option to retrive the flag in a limited time. So that it cant always be picked up so easily.
Also what about an option to use life bar instead of Hearts. And life will also decrease based on where the player got hit. Like if it hits your hand or legs, life will decrease less. But you will almost die with headshots or completely die with power up headshots. Except for seekers as its not quite posible.

Last edited by SAMI; Jan 23, 2015 at 11:36 AM.

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Jan 23, 2015, 01:02 PM
Since there wasn't a JDC for long, perhaps replace the 'go to Jazz Duelist Challange' option with 'Go to the JazzJackrabbit Community Forums'? :>

JCF Member

Jan 23, 2015, 01:16 PM
What about fixing lori's fast fire and HUD gun? Its still Jazz's gun which screws the whole thing up. And yes, JDC link should be replaced I guess.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 01:19 PM
Seren
This message has been deleted by Sir Ementaler.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jan 23, 2015, 01:57 PM
just no

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 23, 2015, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMI View Post
What about fixing lori's fast fire and HUD gun? Its still Jazz's gun which screws the whole thing up.
You have remarkably high standards. But if you want to be the one to fully animate Lori's gun as a fastfire pickup (twice; once regular and once powered-up, ~10 frames each), go for it.
Quote:
Ah, creating radar via angle script might be possible but having it as a plus feature would be great.
Not really.
Quote:
And I think there should be an optional mode in CTF. Like the flag holder can drop the flag and his team mate can pick it up. But if the opponent players are able to touch it first, the flag will return to base again. This dropping should also happen if the flagholder dies. And the flag can be retrived in the same way.
This serves essentially the same purpose as Passing, which is already implemented and which nobody uses.
Quote:
Also what about an option to use life bar instead of Hearts.
AngelScript.
Quote:
And life will also decrease based on where the player got hit. Like if it hits your hand or legs, life will decrease less. But you will almost die with headshots or completely die with power up headshots. Except for seekers as its not quite posible.
Too much lag to implement reliably.

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Jan 23, 2015, 04:34 PM
Quote:
What about fixing lori's fast fire and HUD gun? Its still Jazz's gun which screws the whole thing up.
It doesn't screw anything up, it's just visual.

I'd like to mention I was working on a Lori fastfire sprite. It looks a bit off-model to me so I may tweak it again. I'll likely get back to it soon, hopefully in time for 5.0, but I can't guarantee it.

I also intend to add Lori continue sprites, which I'm nearly done with.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
It doesn't screw anything up, it's just visual.

I'd like to mention I was working on a Lori fastfire sprite. It looks a bit off-model to me so I may tweak it again. I'll likely get back to it soon, hopefully in time for 5.0, but I can't guarantee it.
Hell! It would be awesome to see lori gun animations! Looking forward to the final version.
Also, ya planning to make a Lori gun powerup box as well?
EDIT:
This ain't really a suggestion or a bug report, but, is someone from the plus team already drawing more letters from JJ2? I started drawing some today, I completed only these ones (so far ;p).

Yeah i just copied stuff from other letters, but still.
I'm planning to make bigger sizes and more missing letters, but I'm just checking if someone is already doing this, so I don't do this for nothing.

Last edited by Jelly Jam; Feb 2, 2015 at 01:44 AM.

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Feb 2, 2015, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Jam View Post
Hell! It would be awesome to see lori gun animations! Looking forward to the final version.
Also, ya planning to make a Lori gun powerup box as well?
EDIT:
This ain't really a suggestion or a bug report, but, is someone from the plus team already drawing more letters from JJ2? I started drawing some today, I completed only these ones (so far ;p).

Yeah i just copied stuff from other letters, but still.
I'm planning to make bigger sizes and more missing letters, but I'm just checking if someone is already doing this, so I don't do this for nothing.
If this is gonna be added in JJ2+, I'd like to see Ă/ă, Î/î, Â/â, Ș/ș and Ț/ț. Keep up with this, Jelly.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

JCF Member

Feb 2, 2015, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
If this is gonna be added in JJ2+, I'd like to see Ă/ă, Î/î, Â/â, Ș/ș and Ț/ț. Keep up with this, Jelly.
Right on! Keep suggesting letters that aren't in JJ2, cause I'm kinda having a pain with checking the animation library.
Really, I made the letters Ź and Ś when they were already in JJ2! lol...
From the other letters you mentined, Â and Î were always avalible in JJ2, although, I'm not sure about Ă, imma check it out.

JCF Member

Feb 2, 2015, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Right on! Keep suggesting letters that aren't in JJ2, cause I'm kinda having a pain with checking the animation library.
Really, I made the letters Ź and Ś when they were already in JJ2! lol...
From the other letters you mentined, Â and Î were always avalible in JJ2, although, I'm not sure about Ă, imma check it out.
Sorry, but the letters I mentioned are all the Romanian specific letters. There are also those French letters with accent, if it does help.

Unrelated, but could you give me the sprite sheet of the letters?

JCF Member

Feb 2, 2015, 11:53 AM
First off I would like to apoligise to the admins since this post of mine is unreleated.

Quote:
Sorry, but the letters I mentioned are all the Romanian specific letters. There are also those French letters with accent, if it does help.

Unrelated, but could you give me the sprite sheet of the letters?
Uh, I don't know what to say about the Romanian and French stuff. Putting a rotated '(' which is little smaller would do for that A with an accent.

And why the hell would you need the sheet anyway? It's just an MSpaint image, anyone could make this! I started yesterday, and i barely have time to work on it.
But if you all really want to see what I'm doing so far, I'm not going to stop you!

Last edited by Jelly Jam; Feb 2, 2015 at 12:59 PM.

JCF Member

Feb 2, 2015, 02:41 PM
Quote:
And why the hell would you need the sheet anyway?
Why would't I? It can always be useful.

JCF Member

Feb 3, 2015, 03:38 AM
Quote:
I don't want to be that kind of person pretending to be a mod, but why don't you open a thread for that?
Okay, since its too much trouble for you because I just made a simple off topic question, I asked it here now.
Does Windows 10 have the same issue as it was in Windows 8? If yes, is there any possibility in the next version of plus to fix this problem without removing vsync?

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Feb 4, 2015, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Does Windows 10 have the same issue as it was in Windows 8? If yes, is there any possibility in the next version of plus to fix this problem without removing vsync?
I'll safely assume it's yes and yes. Just like Windows 8, 10 will always have DWM activated which apparently conflics with DirectDraw emulation (but somehow only if used in combination with multiple buffers). I don't think the final Windows 10 will differ that much from any of the previews so it would be a miracle if Microsoft fixes it..

And Violet said he and Jerry looked into it without success, but that SE had a possible solution in the works that might or might not make it in time for 5.0.

JCF Member

Feb 4, 2015, 10:29 AM
Well, thats a pretty bad news!! Even if it can be fixed in JJ2+ in next or later versions, there are still a lot of direct draw games that will have problems with it. I guess I'll be sticking with windows 7 after all. Its a shame that Microsoft didn't fix it and there's hardly any possibility that microsoft will ever fix it.

JCF Member

Feb 7, 2015, 11:02 AM
I suggest making the animations that work only when you're running slow to work when you're running fast too! The landing animation, perhaps.

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 7, 2015, 12:54 PM
Done.

JCF Member

Feb 7, 2015, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
Done.
That was quick! I still don't understand Jelly's idea though.

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 7, 2015, 03:10 PM
Quote:
That was quick!
So quick I did it three weeks shy of a year ago.

JCF Member

Feb 7, 2015, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Done.
Neat! Can't wait for 5.0 .
Quote:
That was quick! I still don't understand Jelly's idea though.
Go and test it yourself. Fall on a platform with /run off, then test it with /run on.

JCF Member

Feb 8, 2015, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Go and test it yourself. Fall on a platform with /run off, then test it with /run on.
Oh, I didn't notice this.

Quote:
So quick I did it three weeks shy of a year ago.
That means this was done before Jelly suggested it? If I'm right, "Already done" would be a better answer.

JCF Member

Feb 8, 2015, 10:06 AM
I figure most players don't/very rarely play Lori, or still only use 1.23, so...

You can stop complaining about her sharing sprites now.

On a serious note, I had fun making them, for the most part. And intended to add them in the first place.

JCF Member

Feb 8, 2015, 10:15 AM
Yay finally. Thanks a lot. Appreciate it a lot :{)

Btw, lol. Did lori had no sprites in the continue scene? Never knew that. Good job.

JCF Member

Feb 8, 2015, 11:54 AM
Quote:
I figure most players don't/very rarely play Lori, or still only use 1.23, so...

On a serious note, I had fun making them, for the most part. And intended to add them in the first place.
Sweet! I do actually play with Lori quite often. I hope Violet will introduce these in 5.0.

ionut jazz

JCF Member

ionut jazz is doing well so far

Feb 10, 2015, 08:42 AM
I was thinking to be implemented in game character Razz

JCF Member

Feb 10, 2015, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut jazz View Post
Eh, yeah, that would be a thing but no one is patient enough to make so many sprites. It would be a thing though.

JCF Member

Feb 10, 2015, 11:43 AM
Quote:

You are my absolute goddess.

JCF Member

Feb 10, 2015, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut jazz View Post
So, we need a design of him/her first.

JCF Member

Feb 10, 2015, 11:26 PM
Quote:
So, we need a design of him/her first.
Done.

JCF Member

Feb 11, 2015, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Done.
What the hell? We DON'T need to add a completely new character, we need to finish the stuff made for THE ALREADY EXISTING CHARACTERS.
The 1.23 library is full of unused animations, such as ledge grabing, shooting up while in the air, looking up while on a vine (you can just shoot up while on a vine, you can't directly look up when you're on it). If there's a way to make these animations work, AND the way they were attended to work, that'd be really awesome! Why add a brand new character for nothing? lol
Anyway, if there was a way to add these moves to a far later plus version, maybe you could add the moves i mentioned from the 1.23 library to the TSF library, and someone could draw the lori animations for those moves.

Wait, what am I saying? This is too much to ask for.

JCF Member

Feb 11, 2015, 01:48 AM
Quote:
What the hell? We DON'T need to add a completely new character, we need to finish the stuff made for THE ALREADY EXISTING CHARACTERS.
The 1.23 library is full of unused animations, such as ledge grabing, shooting up while in the air, looking up while on a vine (you can just shoot up while on a vine, you can't directly look up when you're on it). If there's a way to make these animations work, AND the way they were attended to work, that'd be really awesome! Why add a brand new character for nothing? lol
Anyway, if there was a way to add these moves to a far later plus version, maybe you could add the moves i mentioned from the 1.23 library to the TSF library, and someone could draw the lori animations for those moves.

Wait, what am I saying? This is too much to ask for.
It's not brand new, it's just Razz.
But yeah, I agree with ya.

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 11, 2015, 03:20 AM
Quote:
The 1.23 library is full of unused animations, such as ledge grabing, shooting up while in the air, looking up while on a vine (you can just shoot up while on a vine, you can't directly look up when you're on it). If there's a way to make these animations work, AND the way they were attended to work, that'd be really awesome!
Actually there's enough leftover code for the ledge grabbing that I was able to put it back in just the way it was written, as an experiment. It sucked and was removed for good reason. So that's that.

JCF Member

Feb 11, 2015, 03:38 AM
Quote:
It sucked and was removed for good reason. So that's that.
Oh
Well, is there any way to make the 'look up while on a vine' thingy work?

JCF Member

Feb 11, 2015, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Actually there's enough leftover code for the ledge grabbing that I was able to put it back in just the way it was written, as an experiment. It sucked and was removed for good reason. So that's that.
Ledge grabbing sucks thats true. But maybe add one more control button in the controls changing menu, which if we hold that button while falling near ledge; the character will simply grab the ledge and pull itself up to the platform.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Feb 11, 2015, 04:29 AM
In the case of Spaz, he could try to grab a ledge if you press jump when he's out of doublejumps

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Feb 11, 2015, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grytolle View Post
In the case of Spaz, he could try to grab a ledge if you press jump when he's out of doublejumps
Which would give Spaz an unfair advantage in multiplayer.

JCF Member

Feb 11, 2015, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo4900 View Post
He's already the best MP character, really. That's why 90% of players use him.

JCF Member

Feb 11, 2015, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo4900 View Post
It should be like mouseaim (being able to enable or disable)
and so the electro blaster is overpowered when using mouseaim, hence spaz is overpowered when using the ledge grabbing.
Well I imagine it would be awesome in single player IMO.

JCF Member

Feb 11, 2015, 11:11 AM
Quote:
How bad could it be?

Quote:
Ledge grabbing sucks thats true. But maybe add one more control button in the controls changing menu, which if we hold that button while falling near ledge; the character will simply grab the ledge and pull itself up to the platform.
Yeah, that would be nice.

Quote:
He's already the best MP character, really. That's why 90% of players use him.
True that.

JCF Member

Feb 11, 2015, 11:39 AM
Quote:

Uh, shouldn't the left anim and the right anim have the same rhytum? Or speed? Idk how to put it... DOH