Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » JJ2+ Issue Tracker

Bug Report Phantom controller input

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

May 16, 2018, 12:58 PM
Phantom controller input

Hi folks. Some people have reported receiving constant input from controllers or controller-like devices that do not seem to correspond to things they are intentionally doing, e.g. their mouse cursor constantly moves to the left, or their rabbit tries to move down and right. I have no way of replicating any of these problems locally, because I don't own the same devices that you do, but what I can do is give you this:

plus_controller_diagnostics.zip

That's the latest release of JJ2+, minimally modified to constantly show all controller input information. (Only while ingame--if your phantom controller makes it impossible for you to navigate the menu system, load JJ2 directly into a level by command line/drag+drop.) If you experience such phantom input, please a) explain what your specific problem is, b) post a screenshot of the various numbers in their base state (i.e. when you are not intentionally doing anything), and c) report how the numbers are affected by any related experiments you choose to do.

Thanks!

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jun 22, 2018, 05:19 PM
Report from Genstar, who I guess is having J2O account problems:

Combination of WINE and TWINSHOCK controller "moves the mouse cursor to the left in-game and some buttons work too fast on menus, directional keys don't even work properly and only the jump button works"

"In control joy.cpl, the 1,2,3 and 4 buttons flicker when pressed instead of just staying pressed... Also got the "device reporting too fast" error on the terminal when running WINE control joy.cpl"

Nothing pressed:

Button 2 pressed:

"when left stick is up-left and right stick is down-right":

"dwPOV shows from 0 to 31500, being 65535 when nothing is being pressed on the POV"