Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

How to host a coop game with story mode

Flonk

JCF Member

Flonk has disabled reputation

Dec 14, 2018, 01:12 PM
Question How to host a coop game with story mode

Hi there,

can anyone tell me how it is possible to play the story mode in ccop, online or lan?
There are some videos on youtube where they made it possible. But after hours of research i still found no way to do that. Are there any solutions exept playing split screen mode?

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Dec 14, 2018, 02:14 PM
The easiest solution is using JJ2+, which supports online coop via the /coop chat command. If you're running the GOG.com release, you should obtain JJ2+ from there instead, either from extra downloads on the site or beta channels if using GOG Galaxy. After installing the mod, start the online or LAN game in any mode and level, press T to open chat, send /coop to set mode to cooperative, and then /c easter1 to switch level to the first level of the official campaign. Methods outside of JJ2+ may exist but at this point it's unlikely that anyone would want to go through the trouble of figuring them out.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.
Flonk

JCF Member

Dec 14, 2018, 03:48 PM
Thank you very much! I will try that soon when my friend and his laptop are here again. I hope we can rock this awesome game together. :-D Have a nice weekend.
Flonk

JCF Member

Dec 20, 2018, 10:30 AM
Yesterday we successfully played the game in coop mode. JJ2+ is great!
The command /c easter1 did not work but /c castle1

Sometimes the game wasnt able to switch to the next level automatically and it started the same map over and over again. I had to host them manually but that was no problem because i found a site on this homepage where all levels and their titlesets are listet in chronological order.