Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » Site and Forum Rules, Questions & Feedback

J2O Name Change Requests (Read first post!)

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Feb 10, 2008, 11:38 AM
J2O Name Change Requests (Read first post!)

From now on, we allow people to change their user name on J2O. The rules for this are a bit more strict than for changing your JCF user name:
  • You can only have your user name changed once, and only when you have a valid reason to do so.
  • Valid reasons include:
    • Removing clan tags
    • Removing fancy ASCII and capitalization (VèG(-)Tø -> Vegito)
    • If your new nickname is the one you have been generally known as in the community, for a good while, and it is sufficiently different from your current nickname.
    • If your reason for wanting to have your name change is not included in here, you can still request a change, but of course you need to convince the admins that your request is valid.
  • If a user with your desired new username already exists, your name can not be changed. Whether that other user is active or not does not make a difference.
  • Admins reserve the right to deny a name change request without giving a reason.
  • To have your name changed, post your current J2O user name, the name you want it to be changed to, and a good reason in this thread.
  • Name changes will be recorded in the user's profile. This can not be removed from your profile.
Only replies concerning name change requests by people who want their name changed OR J2O admins replying to those requests are allowed in this thread. Other replies will be deleted and their authors will receive a subwarning.

Addendum: Note that we allow this now after long discussion etc. It has not been triggered by any people asking about it recently (gerard24423213). Just to clear things up.

Last edited by Stijn; Oct 31, 2009 at 01:52 PM.

JCF Member

DarkSonic is doing well so far

Feb 10, 2008, 01:20 PM
I'd like it if my name got changed from 'da man' to 'DarkSonic' because some people don't know who da man is and I just made that name up for fun more than three years ago. And I've used 'DarkSonic' for every other forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Jarno View Post
What is Distopia

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Feb 10, 2008, 01:35 PM
Request fulfilled.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 01:44 PM
Pako
This message has been deleted by Pako.

JCF Member

Valco is notorious for his worthless posts

Feb 10, 2008, 03:04 PM
Did this have anything to do with my suggestion?

Anyways, I'd like my J20 name to be changed from:

Gerard244

to:

Valco

as well. No-one will be able to identify me from my J20 name if I don't, so I believe it's necassery. And I'm the one who asked for this in the first place, on the original thread.

The ultimate race experience
Coming soon to Jazz2Online

Last edited by Valco; Feb 10, 2008 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Oh nothing.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 04:17 PM
Birdie
This message has been deleted by Stijn. Reason: Only replies containing name change requests are allowed in this thread.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Feb 10, 2008, 09:37 PM
"Grytolle", please

JCF Member

master sven is doing well so far

Feb 11, 2008, 12:13 AM
'If the current nickname hinders recognition throughout the community.'

Please change my name from masterrokusho to Master Sven.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/th3a.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
Old Feb 11, 2008, 06:36 AM
the WINNER
This message has been deleted by the WINNER.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Feb 11, 2008, 07:13 AM
Grytolle: What's your current name?
master sven: Will do.
the WINNER: Not a valid reason.
n0

JCF Member

n0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legend

Feb 11, 2008, 07:58 AM
'N0B0DY' to 'n0'

Name recognition and all that. You know, in case someone downloads that one thing I uploaded and goes "Argh my eyes I must kill the person who made this" and then they don't know who this person with the noobish name of "N0B0DY" is.
Anubis

JCF Member

Anubis is doing well so far

Feb 11, 2008, 08:15 AM
Alexander BG -> Anubis
It's been my name in the community for 2.5 years.

Administrator

Feb 11, 2008, 09:04 AM
n0 & Anubis: Done.
Lark

JCF Member

Lark has disabled reputation

Feb 11, 2008, 08:47 PM
I'd like Labratkid changed to Lark, please.

My good reason(s) being that I made that user name up in sxith grade and it's kind of embarassing. And everybody knows me as Lark. And, I am adault man now! :-D I am 18 years old!

edit:
Really, I'd just like the name changed because everybody knows me as Lark.

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Feb 12, 2008, 05:45 AM
Done. (it was done already by an admin but not mentioned yet)

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm

Old Feb 12, 2008, 07:40 AM
cooba
This message has been deleted by cooba.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:57 AM
Pako
This message has been deleted by Pako.

JCF Member

Xobim is doing well so far

Feb 12, 2008, 12:28 PM
Can you change Jazzmusic into Xobim? I find the name very noobish and silly, and I'd rather like to be known as Xobim in this community than as Jazzmusic...

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Feb 12, 2008, 01:16 PM
I'd like to be changed from JSZ Jazz to DoubleGJ. One, it has a clan tag, two, nobody ever uses this name anymore, three, it just plain sucks.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Feb 12, 2008, 01:47 PM
Xobim and DoubleGJ: Done.

Administrator

Feb 12, 2008, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pako View Post
Why do you want it to be changed? "others have a similar name" sounds like a pretty good reason not to change it, and I see little other argumentation in your post.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Feb 13, 2008, 05:09 AM
My current name is "grytolle", and I want it changed to "Grytolle" - because it's been annoying me ever since I signed up

[FQuist says: I do not agree with this change. It would hinder your name recognition!!!!

...done. I have not made it count towards your name change quota because that'd be petty for a letter case change.]

Last edited by FQuist; Feb 13, 2008 at 07:04 AM.

JCF Member

Pako is doing well so far

Feb 13, 2008, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
Why do you want it to be changed? "others have a similar name" sounds like a pretty good reason not to change it, and I see little other argumentation in your post.
Wait, wrong text. I fixed it now.

EDIT- Sigh. Okaaay.

Last edited by Pako; Feb 22, 2008 at 11:38 AM.
Krinya

JCF Member

Krinya is doing well so far

Feb 14, 2008, 09:49 AM
Cool

I want to change from "Krinya" to "Krinya the King", but can I enter only "Krinya" as login name on the login page?

JJ2 Movie 2 Project: SUSPENDED FOR A LONG TIME (23%)

JCF Veteran

Feb 14, 2008, 09:53 AM
No.
Strato

JCF Member

Strato is doing well so far

Feb 14, 2008, 11:52 AM
Inf. Spaz -> Strato. Fairly simple reasoning.
Leen

JCF Member

Leen has disabled reputation

Feb 15, 2008, 06:43 AM
I'd like to have my name changed to "Leen" I haven't been referred to as Scarecrow... forever

Administrator

Feb 15, 2008, 06:58 AM
Strato: Done.
Leen: "Leen" is already taken.

Administrator

Feb 15, 2008, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pako View Post
Wait, wrong text. I fixed it now.
...I don't see any difference?
DanYjel

JCF Member

DanYjel is doing well so far

Feb 15, 2008, 11:50 AM
Danyjel > DanYjel, if it's possible. Been using the "new" nick everywhere, so please..

Last edited by DanYjel; Feb 15, 2008 at 12:07 PM.
NovaStar

JCF Member

NovaStar is doing well so far

Feb 19, 2008, 10:25 PM
ShadowRabbit -> NovaStar

I don't feel like it'll be changing again, and I've had this nick for a fair while now.

JCF Veteran

Feb 20, 2008, 05:58 AM
NovaStar: done

JCF Member

Feb 21, 2008, 07:51 PM
Anyways, I'd like my J20 name to be changed from:

Gerard244

to:

Valco

as well. No-one will be able to identify me from my J20 name if I don't, so I believe it's necassery. And I'm the one who asked for this in the first place, on the original thread.

Why did you completely ignore this the first time I posted?

Administrator

Feb 22, 2008, 12:13 AM
No, gerard, I think most in the community knows you as "gerard324324" is and not as "Valco".

Last edited by Stijn; Feb 23, 2008 at 10:15 AM.
master sven

JCF Member

Feb 22, 2008, 09:46 AM
I think something went wrong with changing my name. When I log in with my pass at aswell the old as the new username, it says wrong password. When I try to get an password activation mail it says the username and email don't match.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/th3a.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>

JCF Member

Feb 22, 2008, 10:45 AM
That your e-mails don't match is because you've entered three separate e-mail addresses into your profile merged into the same field, I think. Please send a help request or mail about correcting your e-mail address to the right one of the three. Your j2o nick is currently "master sven" (lower case), and there is no reason to believe this name is not functional.

Spotify.fm

Old Feb 23, 2008, 09:57 AM
Newspaz
This message has been deleted by Stijn. Reason: Only replies containing name change requests are allowed in this thread. Other replies will be deleted.
master sven

JCF Member

Feb 25, 2008, 12:09 AM
Could you send a new password to: masterrokusho@msn.com ,then

JCF Member

Feb 25, 2008, 02:25 AM
I have changed your e-mail address. You can now use the forgot password feature.

Spotify.fm

master sven

JCF Member

Feb 25, 2008, 08:39 AM
When I log in and comfirm everything then type in/copy my new password, it still says they don't match. When I Get my password by matching username, it says my username: master sven doesn't exist, when I look at the memberlist it is there though...

JCF Member

Feb 25, 2008, 09:50 AM
Apparently you have two spaces in your username - something that the site recognizes but HTML doesn't show by design. So your username is "master  sven". Also, you have to click on the confirmation link in your e-mail before logging in.

Spotify.fm

master sven

JCF Member

Feb 26, 2008, 12:07 AM
Yes, it were 2 spaces, thanks for finding out!

JCF Member

Feb 26, 2008, 06:05 AM
Mind if I change it to one?

Spotify.fm

master sven

JCF Member

Feb 26, 2008, 07:18 AM
No, I don't mind

JCF Member

Feb 26, 2008, 09:22 AM
Done. You should now log in with your name and one space. Apologies for the messup.

Spotify.fm

JCF Member

Mar 5, 2008, 06:56 AM
Trust me guys, the community's gotten used to calling me Valco. I always use this name on the forums and in-game. I'm starting to think that perhaps some people forget about my original identity when browsing the download section and finding one of my files. Not to mention my current name has incorrect capitalization by my standards, (gerard244) but that's not what's most important. Therefore, I continue to request that my J20 name is changed from:

gerard244 > Valco