Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

To the North!

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Mar 28, 2001, 08:59 PM
OK, here are the first two chapters.

Note A. See Note B.

Note B. This was inspired by a post in the Misc. forum about how Blacksheep left Ducky in the North in the JMMB. I do not know that story so this is only INSPIRED by it. I did use the penguin's name though.

Note C. See Note A.

Note D. Guess.

The Story!

To the North!

Chapter 1: The great white north:

A small white speck traveled across the vast area of snow and ice that is the north. It was a sheep, and very pleased with herself. The sheep was called Blacksheep, named so because of the white color of her fur. Blacksheep walked along carrying a sleeping bag, supplies, provisions, food, vittles, munchies, chow, (get the picture?) etc... The sheep looked around, nobody about. Blacksheep dumped a small frozen duck, a penguin and a electric blanket on the snow. She proceeded to lay the blanket on the duck and run away quietly, grinning evilly.

Ducky woke up in the north, about 100 miles from where last she was. Then she remembered. This couldn't have happened! She, an owner of the War Tavern, left to die in the north by the traitorous Blacksheep with nothing but an electric blanket and Chatters?

Chatters walked up to her, chattering. "Mipsy Himta Merble Action Hank!" Ducky sat up sharply, Hank? Here?

A year later...

Kovu, Blacksheep, Cheeze, Elias and BBoy were sitting in various chairs throughout the War Tavern. Bluez had left the counter and was pouring beer into BBoy's mug. Cheeze spoke. "OK, BBoy. You 've gotten your drink, now continue the story! And Bluez, can I have some CHEESE!?!?" BBoy drained his glass and continued; "There we were, Ducky, Roaster and I. The gates had just been opened and we were preparing to enter when..." He was interrupted by his own thoughts, he spoke again, but not the story. "Whatever happened to Ducky anyway? I haven't seen her in about a year." Blacksheep, hearing this, ran for the door. Elias morphed into a Jaguar and pouncd onto Blacksheep. "You seem to know something about this, speak up, don't be shy." Blacksheep choked from the weight and cried out "All right! All right!!! I'll tell! Just GET OFF OF ME!!!" Elias morphed back to rabbit and closed the doors. "A little more then a year ago I asked Ducky to help me with a slight problem..."

Hank walked back to the Base Camp for the HAD explorers, Ducky was the only one there, quite natural as they were the only two in HAD. Hank bonked the lumpy sleeping bag on where he assumed the head would be. "Wakey Wakey! Big news!" Ducky slowly woke up, groaning. "I'm up, OK? What is the matter, global warming?" Hank laughed. "No, but there are a bunch of people around the northren end, I think they live there." "People live here? Is this wasteland?" "Well, you and I do." "Yeah, but you're only here because you can't leave without dieing and I'm only here because I'm trying to help you with your trouble." "And after you're done you'll leave, right?" "Right." Hank's spirits fell. If only he had the guts to tell her the truth, the whole truth.

Chapter 2: Expedition to the North!

"Naturally, being the kind and generous duck she is, she agreed." continued Blacksheep, "And when I told her what I wanted, she was estatic! Can you imagine that a DUCK would actully WANT to work as top secret R.O.A.R. Agent? Well, she did!" Bluez poured her a drink, even if she was a sheepy sneak, I mean a sneaky sheep, this was still a OK story. "So, she went to the department I told her to, naturally manned by a worker who had sworn allegiance to ME! And asked if she could apply for the job. As I ordered, the guy gave her the job instantly. She worked steadily for a few weeks, collecting information about Four Leaking Emu Eggs Corporation Estimations, or FLEECE for short. FLEECE was the visionary department of my company, Four Leaking Emu Eggs, which specialized in making Bricks. The reason my employee in R.O.A.R. told her to do this was that I wanted to find out how much information from FLEECE leeked out to spies. But one day Ducky got suspicious when she saw me talking to one of the FLEECE employees." Blacksheep paused, as if she didn't want to say anymore. Her listeners were so totally enwrapped in the story that they had stopped whatever they were doing at the time. Cheeze had a piece of cheese halfway to his mouth, BBoy was stuck in mid-yawn and the flagon Bluez was holding was pouring out into Kovu's overflowing cup. At last Elias shook off whatever spell had been holding him and said: "You still haven't told us what you did to Ducky, or is she still working for FLEE pretending to be ROAR while spying on FLEECE?" "No, no, I was just getting to that. She quacked on reflex when she saw me there and I heard her there. I dismissed the other guy and walked over to Ducky. She started talking about how something was wrong so I saw I had only one path of action I brained Ducky over the head with a spanner and put her, a nearby penguin called Chatters and an electric blanket in a bag and set off. The next day I had reached the North. I emptied the bag there. Ducky was frozen so I put the elctric blanket on her. That was all over a year ago, I haven't seen her since." Kovu jumped up. "What? That means an, Expedition to the North!" Kovu ran wildly into a wall and collapsed. BBoy put on a sailor's hat and struck a jaunty pose. "Who are you supposed to be?" Asked Bluez, "Me? I am Peary but you can call me......... BBoy!"

Hmmm.... Should I make this an open story?

Read my "A musical story" in the War Tavern!

Eat Tweety!

Is there any fool who would challenge me to a motorized squirrel race?

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 28, 2001, 10:54 PM
Or is Blacksheep a Rabbit? I can never remember...

JCF Member

Ducky is doing well so far

Mar 29, 2001, 07:44 AM
Well, niceish, I can make a few..ah, corrections here and there though.

One, Chatters is a stuffed penguin, hes not alive.

Two, I'm not a duck, I'm a rabbit, despite the argument my name provides.

Three, Blackie has Black wool.

Four, the blanket was never stated as being electric, it was a nasty horrible thing covered in earwigs but I supose you can have writers privleges(sp?).

Okay

`Ducky

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 29, 2001, 01:57 PM
OK, I modified it a little. Tell me if I missed any problems.

Note A: I removed the original notes.

Chapter 1: The great white north:

A small black speck traveled across the vast area of snow and ice that is the north. It was a sheep, and very pleased with herself. The sheep was called Blacksheep, named so because of the color of her fur. Blacksheep walked along carrying a sleeping bag, supplies, provisions, food, vittles, munchies, chow, (get the picture?) etc... The sheep looked around, nobody about. Blacksheep dumped a small frozen rabbit, a stuffed penguin and a electric blanket on the snow. She proceeded to lay the blanket on the rabbit and run away quietly, grinning evilly.

Ducky woke up in the north, about 100 miles from where last she was. Then she remembered. This couldn't have happened! She, an owner of the War Tavern, left to die in the north by the traitorous Blacksheep with nothing but an electric blanket and Chatters the stuffed penguin? Then she saw a movement, someone was coming closer, closer, HANK? What was he doing here?

A year later...

Kovu, Blacksheep, Cheeze, Elias and BBoy were sitting in various chairs throughout the War Tavern. Bluez had left the counter and was pouring beer into BBoy's mug. Cheeze spoke. "OK, BBoy. You 've gotten your drink, now continue the story! And Bluez, can I have some CHEESE!?!?" BBoy drained his glass and continued; "There we were, Ducky, Roaster and I. The gates had just been opened and we were preparing to enter when..." He was interrupted by his own thoughts, he spoke again, but not the story. "Whatever happened to Ducky anyway? I haven't seen her in about a year." Blacksheep, hearing this, ran for the door. Elias morphed into a Jaguar and pouncd onto Blacksheep. "You seem to know something about this, speak up, don't be shy." Blacksheep choked from the weight and cried out "All right! All right!!! I'll tell! Just GET OFF OF ME!!!" Elias morphed back to rabbit and closed the doors. "A little more then a year ago I asked Ducky to help me with a slight problem..."

Hank walked back to the Base Camp for the HAD explorers, Ducky was the only one there, quite natural as they were the only two in HAD. Hank bonked the lumpy sleeping bag on where he assumed the head would be. "Wakey Wakey! Big news!" Ducky slowly woke up, groaning. "I'm up, OK? What is the matter, global warming?" Hank laughed. "No, but there are a bunch of people around the northren end, I think they live there." "People live here? Is this wasteland?" "Well, you and I do." "Yeah, but you're only here because you can't leave without dieing and I'm only here because I'm trying to help you with your trouble." "And after you're done you'll leave, right?" "Right." Hank's spirits fell. If only he had the guts to tell her the truth, the whole truth.

Chapter 2: Expedition to the North!

"Naturally, being the kind and generous duck she is, she agreed." continued Blacksheep, "And when I told her what I wanted, she was estatic! Can you imagine that a DUCK would actully WANT to work as top secret R.O.A.R. Agent? Well, she did!" Bluez poured her a drink, even if she was a sheepy sneak, I mean a sneaky sheep, this was still a OK story. "So, she went to the department I told her to, naturally manned by a worker who had sworn allegiance to ME! And asked if she could apply for the job. As I ordered, the guy gave her the job instantly. She worked steadily for a few weeks, collecting information about Four Leaking Emu Eggs Corporation Estimations, or FLEECE for short. FLEECE was the visionary department of my company, Four Leaking Emu Eggs, which specialized in making Bricks. The reason my employee in R.O.A.R. told her to do this was that I wanted to find out how much information from FLEECE leeked out to spies. But one day Ducky got suspicious when she me talking to one of the FLEECE employees." Blacksheep paused, as if she didn't want to say anymore. Her listeners were so totally enwrapped in the story that they had stopped whatever they were doing at the time. Cheeze had a piece of cheese halfway to his mouth, BBoy was stuck in mid-yawn and the flagon Bluez was holding was pouring out into Kovu's overflowing cup. At last Elias shook off whatever spell had been holding him and said: "You still haven't told us what you did to Ducky, or is she still working for FLEE pretending to be ROAR while spying on FLEECE?" "No, no, I was just getting to that. She quacked on reflex when she saw me there and I heard her there. I dismissed the other guy and walked over to Ducky. She started talking about how something was wrong so I saw I had only one path of action I brained Ducky over the head with a spanner and put her, a nearby penguin toy called Chatters and an electric blanket in a bag and set off. The next day I had reached the North. I emptied the bag there. Ducky was frozen so I put the elctric blanket on her. That was all over a year ago, I haven't seen her since." Kovu jumped up. "What? That means an, Expetidition to the North!" Kovu ran wildly into a wall and collapsed. BBoy put on a sailor's hat and struck a jaunty pose. "Who are you supposed to be?" Asked Bluez, "Me? I am Peary but you can call me......... BBoy!"

Hmmm.... Should I make this an open story?

JCF Member

Tanpopo Kiku is doing well so far

Mar 29, 2001, 04:44 PM
This is SO funny!
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Kovu aka Alec is doing well so far

Mar 29, 2001, 06:17 PM
I feel happyful, continue

JCF Member

JJ BBoy KS is doing well so far

Mar 29, 2001, 06:24 PM
Oh dude! I'm in this story!? Wahoo! Cool. Intresting. Strange. Funny. Here, you can just pick one. (Continue)(Continue)(Continue)

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 29, 2001, 06:55 PM
I had to include you, BBoy, for two reasons.

1. You are often the first to ask to join a story so you have no chance this time.

2. You were the one who asked about Ducky in the first place.

And Kovu, you suggested the Expedition.

I'll try continuing tomorrow, serious writer's block.

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 29, 2001, 07:45 PM
Preview of chapter 3!

Chapter 3: FLEE and FLEECE

Suddenly Cobra burst in! "I FOUND A LEATHER COUCH!!!!" she screamed, everyone looked at her. Finally Blacksheep said "Wrong story and you're nine days late." (There, it will be dated soon. WOOHOO!) Nobody cared, though. Cobra went away, dejected and Bluez slumped down in the couch. "Ahhhh.... This is so comfy, I refuse to get up, I'll just stay here. You go on your expedition on your own."

End of preview of Chapter 3!

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 30, 2001, 12:00 AM
Chapter 3: FLEE and FLEECE

Suddenly Cobra burst in! "I FOUND A LEATHER COUCH!!!!" she screamed, everyone looked at her. Finally Blacksheep said "Wrong story and you're nine days late." (There, it will be dated soon. WOOHOO!) Nobody cared, though. Cobra went away, dejected and Bluez slumped down in the couch. "Ahhhh.... This is so comfy, I refuse to get up, I'll just stay here. You go on your expedition on your own." Kovu walked up to Bluez. "You get out of that couch, bucko, we need you to bar tend. Or would you prefer we took all the drinks?" Bluez hastily scrambled out of the chair and went to the bar, Kovu instantly sat down in the couch. Go figure. "Come on guys, this is getting us nowhere! Let us go to FLEE and find out what we can!" Cheeze seemed skeptical, however. "What's the point of going to FLEE? We already know where Ducky is, don't we?" Kovu looked at Cheeze over the arm rest of the couch, "Doesn't anybody read the chapter titles?"

Kovu, Elias, Blacksheep and BBoy were standing at the door to FLEE, it was surrounded by barbed wire, falling anvil traps, mine fields, warps to a cement mixing machine, spike traps and little birdies going "La La La La La" but Blacksheep had showed them the secret path to the door. "And FLEE only makes BRICKS?!?" asked Elias, who was a little annoyed at all the obstacles they had had to dodge. Blacksheep was indignant. "We may make bricks but they have a special ingrediant that gives them a different color then normal bricks without being painted!" The group went in through a window, Blacksheep telling them that anybody who used the door would trigger 50 machine guns, and found themselves in a huge mansion made entirely of Brown Bricks with FLEE stamped on them. At last BBoy spoke. "Well, why don't we split up so we can cover more ground?"

BBoy's findings:

BBoy walked down a narrow hall, seeing many enscriptions on the wall, one caught his eye. He leaned closer and read the enscription. "To who it may concern: One day a sheep who has kidnapped a rabbit shall bring three creatures to FLEE and shall kill them, one by one." BBoy rushed off to tell the others of their plight, not noticing the botom line, "Words written on a War Tavern lavatory wall by a drunk"

Elias' findings:

Elias found himself in a large room with nothing in it but two doors. One that he had come in by and the other marked FLEECE. Elias morphed into a Jaguar and went into the FLEECE door. The worker inside screamed when he saw a Jaguar and died fright. Go figure again. Elias morphed back into a rabbit so he could shrug his shoulders, shrugged them, morphed into a Jaguar again and proceeded to examine the files. They were all records of visons "seen" by the dead employee. Blacksheep is NOT going to be happy with me after this. thought Elias. Oh well, she did kidnap Ducky.

Kovu's findings:

Kovu walked up to a FLEE employee. "Excuse me, what is the secret ingrediant in FLEE bricks?" "MWAHAHAHAHA! Nothing will make us reveal it!" "You won't even tell me?" Kovu had no idea why he was asking, maybe for fun? "No! Nobody shall learn from any FLEE employee what the secret ingrediant is! Nobody will learn it is Cow Patties!"

Chapter 4: In which the whole group finally leaves, Cobra makes another guest appearance, a new character shows up, I make my longest chapter name yet, three commercials are shown AND I forget the rest

After rounding up Blacksheep who had been trying to kill Kovu for no apparent reason the four FLEE investigators left the building through the back door which had no traps around it at all. "Why didn't we enter this way?" asked Kovu, who was slightly annoyed because Blacksheep had been trying to kill him for no apparent reason. "Beacause I wanted to show you we can afford defenses." "FOR A BRICK FACTORY?" The argument was ended when Cobra walked up carrying a small box with a "SAV TEH DUKKY FUND" sign on it. (The Ks were backwards) "Hi guys! Want to donate? Blacksheep will let Ducky go if we raise a million dollars and a chopper!" Kovu, BBoy, Elias and Blacksheep looked at eachother and kicked Cobra out of the story.

When they finally got back to the War Tavern (Many SAV TEH DUKKY (With backward Ks) FUND collectors stopped them and were kicked out of the story) everyone, including Bluez, Cheeze and Batty Buddy were watching commercials. "Hi guys!" shouted BB, "There's this great sommercial coming up! A Taco Hell one! Everyone settled down to watch, including Blacksheep. The first commercial they saw was (Cool! Palindrome!) for Taco Hell, then they saw Doctor Evil and Minnie Me doing a commercial for "Meow Mix". "Sounds GREAT!" exclaimed Bluez, "I have GOT to buy some!" "You have a cat?" "No, what gave you that idea?" The last commercial was for FLEE bricks (Now with the secret ingrediant, Cow Patties!) and then the TV was turned off. BBoy spoke. "Weren't we supposed to leave for the north now?" Elias responded "No room, at the bottom of the page. We can just do it next chapter."

Read my "A musical story" in the War Tavern!

Eat Tweety!

Is there any fool who would challenge me to a motorized squirrel race?

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 30, 2001, 07:04 PM
Chapter 5: Guys, if you don't leave I'll stop the whole story!

"Its next chapter now! WOOHOO!" shouted Cheeze, he had been strangly energetic ever since he had eaten that cheese with expiration date April 5, 1999. "No wait, we need more people on the expedition! We've only got, um... Cheeze, Kovu, BBoy, Bluez and Elias!" Elias seemed to want to want a lot of people to come along, maybe he had been reading the authors notes for what would happen later? Batty Buddy spoke up. "I'll come and I guess Blacksheep should, this is all her fault!" Batty Buddy reached into her backpack and drew out... Cobra? "Hi guys! Want to dona" Cobra was kicked out of the story again before she could continue. BBoy, one of the heroes of the story, had a plan himself; "Why don't we run an advertisement in the Daily Carrot? Rabbits wanted for expedition to the north, Snowbunny heritage a plus, Solar powered a large minus! I can just see it now..." Having nothing better to do, the others agreed with BBoy's plan and called the Daily Carrot wanted section.

A week later...

"What do you mean, no creatures want to come?" asked BBoy, slightly perturbed that his plan wasn't working, "Its a great chance for adventure! Action! Excitement! Frozen rear ends! Little snow birds singing La La La La La!" BBoy was talking on the phone with the Daily Carrot complaints section, the rest of the group snoring in drunken stupors on various parts of the leather couch. "I'm sorry sir, but nobody has called." BBoy slammed the phone down, waking up the rest. "Huh? *Hic!* Whash duh matter? Giant spacemen? *Hic!*" BBoy, giving up totally went to the counter and ordered a Carrot on the Rocks, if they were going to stay until the rest became sober, he had better do something in the meantime. Several hours later all the group was soberly playing Space Invaders except for BBoy, who was throughly drunk.

Chapter 6: While I tell off all the main characters for delaying the trip for so, SO long I'll give you a story I heard instead.

Note A: If you do not want to read a story with a villain called Toilet Head in it please address your complaints to that brick wall over there.

A long long time ago, in a Shopping Mall closer then you'd like to think:

Two valley girls called Crazy and Crazyer were shopping for a Solar Panel. Their aunt, Crazyest, was coming to stay in a few days and her brain was solar powered. The only solar panel at the maul, of course, cost $5833.62. The two valley girls were just about to buy it when they remembered they were supposed to be having lunch. They went home, not remembering to take the $2000.62 they had already counted out and had lunch. Then they remembered they needed to get a solar panel for their aunt. So they tried all kinds of weird methods including stapleing a bunch of things to something else. When Crazyest finally arrived they told her they couldn't get her a Solar Panel. Crazyest: "Oh my dears, I brought one from home!" However, the one brought from home didn't work so they decided to go to the moon, where there was much sunlight. Now the only problem was how to GET to the moon. So they stole a wooden sign, chopped it up into toothpicks and superglued the toothpicks together in a spaceship shape. They then put the toothpick spaceship in a growth machine which turned it into a Spaceship Shape Spaceship Size bunch of superglued toothpicks. They then attached the S.S. Toothpick to a catapult on a airplane which launched at a high speed. At the right moment they launched the toothpick contraption out to outer space.

They finally got to another solar system's planet that had air, they got there just before their air ran out, in fact! After a while of living on the unknown planet Crazy, Crazyer and Crazyest launched the spaceship off agin, and this time they reachd the moon. The inhabitants of the moon were all leaf shaped baboons, for some reason. Crazyest lived in full sunlight with her two nieces for a year before the evil genius Toilet Head built a Giant Laser on the moon. One of the leaf shaped baboons was the ruler of Jupiter so he brought all the inhabitants of Jupiter (And Jupiter) to battle the Evil Toilet Head. The inhabitants of Jupiter, 2D Basketball Hoops, were very excited. All three of them joined the cause at once. One day, the 2D Basketball Hoops went into the Giant Laser to spy. There they found the fuel for the Giant Laser. Suddenly Toilet Head burst in! "HAHA!" He shouted, "I have you now!" One of the 2D Basketball Hoops radioed the three earthlings about their plight. Then Toilet Head killed all three 2D Basketball Hoops. Suddenly Crazy, Crazyer and Crazyest burst in! "Your plans of evil are finished, Toilet Head!" Toilet Head, being a genius without much common sense, pressed the self destruct button. The three earthlings escaped but Toilet head and the Giant Laser blew up.

And they all lived Sappily ever after.

Note B: Slighly abridged.

Note C: I've convinced the Heroes to go now, they will next chapter or I kill them all. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 31, 2001, 02:56 PM
Chapter 7: To the South!

"Well, I suppose now that BBoy is "soberized" we should be going?" inquired Cheeze, his voice slightly muffled by a large piece of cheese in his mouth. Kovu woke up, he had fallen asleep counting rafters on the War Tavern roof. "Huh? Oh. Yeah, I guess we should." Blacksheep, Kovu, Cheeze, BBoy, Elias and BB walked out the door at last, Bluez staying to bar tend.

Several hours later they reached the south pole. "Um.... Does anybunny think we went the wrong way?" asked Elias, looking at all the Penguins around them. BB spoke up, seacrching inside his backpack. "I may not be a bunny but I think we did. Um... Here it is! I think..." BB drew a small superball thing out of the backpack. "What does THAT do?" asked Cheeze, grabbing it from Batty to take a better look. He dropped it, however, when it started to grow, and grow, and grow.

Ten minutes after that the whole group of them were skating around except for Batty Buddy, who was searching through his backpack for something, throwing out stuff like bombs, ACME jet packs, inflatable life raft spray and ten ton anvils. Blacksheep, skating a figure 0, said "Nice job finding the ACME ice skates, BB. I'll admit I was scared when your compact perfume bottles started uncompacting." "Yeah," said Kovu, skating circles around BBoy, "I just wonder what's weird about these ice skates. I mean, doesn't ACME make stuff that works oddly? Hey, what does this button do?" So saying, Kovu pressed the button and went skating off at light speed. He stopped a instant later when he crashed into a ice berg a few miles away. As the others rushed after Kovu Elias asked "You ever considered patenting that backpack, BB?" When they finaly reached the ice berg Kovu was just regaining consciousness. "Yes mister president, I got the number of that broccoli, it wasn't armed..." BBoy turned to BB. "You got a stretcher in there, by any chance?"

Several days later (You wouldn't belive the things that happened on the way like the time a flamethrower weapon from BB's backpack melted all the ice around them so they had to wait for hours until they drifted over to solid ground) they reached the War Tavern again. After getting a few beers and dropping off Cheeze who had said that if the North was anywhere NEAR as cold he wasn't coming they set off for the North.

Ducky looked over the Great White North in search of the other residants Hank had spoken of. She could not see a thing. At home she would have tried using her staff and it probably would have WORKED, too. But it had been taken from her by the evil Blacksheep, who knows what plans she was cooking up with it this very second?

Sorry, no chapter 8 today. Serious writer's block.

JCF Éminence Grise

Apr 1, 2001, 01:33 PM
Here are chapters 8, 9 and 10!!!!!!

April Fools!

Still have a writer's block.

JCF Member

JJ BBoy KS is doing well so far

Apr 1, 2001, 07:51 PM
Ummm... Actually, I think that Batty Buddy is a {whisper}male{/whisper}.

I like my hat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The moon is made of cheese!?

/*Hey everybody! Read, "A Future Of Destruction" at the War Tavern!!! (Cool Story)*

"For nothing is impossible with God."

-Luke 1:37_NIV

~JJ BBoy KS~

JCF Éminence Grise

Apr 1, 2001, 09:06 PM
Fixed, thanks. As a reward, you can se what I've done so far on Chapter 8!

See? Tjat's all I've done so far!

JCF Éminence Grise

Aug 12, 2006, 12:17 AM
all according to plan :P

In retrospect, Elias had come to realize, it had been a ridiculous notion. It could take one person five years to walk around a planet, and that was with help and support from the locals one met along the way, as well as an actual map of the terrain. True, Batty Buddy had managed to produce a detailed-yet-compact map of the planet sometime about two months into their epic journey, which had served them well for quite some time, but a random encounter with a group of roaming zombie lantern ghosts some months later had reduced it to a pile of partially-radioactive ashes which none of the group had quite wanted to touch. They had intrepidly trudged on, taking their directions from what Kovu vaguely remembered of astronomy, and such practicals as moss on trees, but one way or another it had taken them almost five and a half years to reach the Great White North on foot. Elias groaned and rubbed the long red scar on his left leg. Why did he also seem to receive so many scars in battle? It was like they were drawn to him, some sort of mysterious scariferous aether that surrounded the entire planet and yet attached parts of itself to his body whenever it got the chance. This one had been earned while cutting firewood sometime during the third year of the journey, which had almost counted as battle, due to the vigorous independence of the trees in question.
He looked around at his still-sleeping companions in their fur-lined sleeping bags, shining in the intense blaze of the early morning sun. They were so far north that the sun was their almost constant companion. He had been the first to rise, and while the others lay alone with their own dreams he stared fixedly into the barren white wasteland ahead. They had reached the Great White North; where was their quarry? Was the lop-eared moderator/bartender they had set out to rescue so unthinkingly and heroically five and a half years ago still here? Had she found a way to escape back into civilization? Or, for that matter, was she even still alive? They had no way of knowing. Batty’s “Ducky Detect-O-Mat” had worked perfectly well until it was discovered that it was actually only leading them to a rubber ducky, which had happened to be the object of adoration by an entire mysterious underground cult anyway. Had they really achieved anything by getting here?
Blacksheep had been the first to express a desire to give up and go home, which had come as no surprise, given her traitorous past. Since, though, they had all suggested that the group give up and turn around at least once, some more than others; all except Kovu, who had stuck resolutely to the quest, unwavering, year after year. She’s something special to him, Elias had realized years ago, someone he knows, someone he trusts. These words triggered another memory in him, and Elias found his mind filled with the image of a laughing young yellow rabbit, full of the energy of life and excitement, as she wiped off a still-steaming blaster. Lori Jackrabbit. Where was she now? Did she even remember him after all this time? Or had she given up waiting years ago and settled down, maybe with that other blue rabbit, what was his name, John or something.
A brief instant of what-looked-like-movement caught Elias’ attention, and he concentrated, turning his eyes into the sharp cattish orbs of a jaguar, staring into the whiteness. By now, with long hours of training between hikes or in the nighttime, he had learnt to control his transformations; to alter some parts of his body but not others, or even to achieve a strange mutated half-rabbit-half-jaguar state. Now, though, all he needed was the jaguar’s keen eyesight. He squinted. Nothing. Nothing but white. Perhaps it had only been his imagination…
“Imagination?”
Elias groaned once more, but did not turn his gaze from the colorless expanse. “Yes, my imagination. As I’m sure you know full well, it can be quite powerful… some might even say, magical.”
“Then perhaps you should get it looked at? I’m sure your traveling companions would be delighted to know that their resident magic-user has such a nasty, vicious, perverted imagination lurking inside of him… or his medallion, if you’d rather.”
“Kovu knows about you,” responded Elias grimly. “So does BBoy, I think, though it’s hard to tell what he can really remember. Batty Buddy would probably find it exciting if he found out, but he doesn’t need to.”
“And Blacksheep? Ah, there’s a woman. You know, if I had any imagination of my own, she would be in it like that.”
“She doesn’t know. And she’s not going to, either. You’ve been with us the whole journey; you know she can’t be trusted, not really… she’s always a little quiet, or a little reserved, or a little not part of the group. Remember it’s her fault we’re here in the first place.”
“Of course, of course. She’s untrustable, a turncoat, the third character archetype, and hot as hell… and I know exactly how hot that is, by the way! Before you reincarnated…”
“Is there a purpose to this visit, Darkel?” Elias finally turned around to face the other half of the conversation. Standing between the sleeping bags of Batty Buddy and BBoy was a rabbit formed entirely of snow, gleaming in the sun and yet still dark, although not from any physical darkness. There was a red glow about his chest, matching the spot where Elias’ sapphire jaguar medallion hung, but otherwise the snow rabbit was entirely featureless. It shrugged, the flakes of snow rearranging themselves instantly.
“You used the medallion, nobody was around, I was bored, perfect combination. As you’re well aware, it’s not like I have anything else to do these days, just sit around in your stupid little medallion and wait for the few chances I have to come out. It’s a miserable existence… I wish I knew why I even bothered to reincarnate with you.”
“So do I.”
“Let me out.” It was not a command, almost a plea, as if the snow rabbit had asked this many times before and expected no compliance, but felt compelled to ask once more anyway. “Let me out, Jazzy. I’m tired. I don’t even have the strength to be evil anymore. It’s been too long. Let me out.”
“No.”
The snow rabbit grimaced. “There’s a twist. You know, once upon a time, I was the cold, heartless one, and you were all kind and full of life. What got into you?”
“You did.”
“Yes.” There was a brief moment of silence, and then it continued. “Your friends are beginning to stir. I guess that’s my cue to leave, so you don’t have to stop using your powers and banish me that way. Good morning, Elias.”
“Good morning, Dark Elias.” Irritation, the only emotion he had allowed himself to show.
The red glow from the snow rabbit’s chest transferred itself into the sapphire medallion, and the snow fell harmlessly to the ground. As BBoy raised his head groggily to complain about the snow’s impact upon his head, Elias shifted his eyes back to rabbit form and looked into the distance one final time. Are you out there, Ducky?

JCF Member

Me has disabled reputation

Aug 12, 2006, 12:36 AM
Clearly, you ripped off my idea. I was the brother who had the idea of continuing old stories first.

JCF Member

Doubble Dutch is doing well so far

Aug 12, 2006, 03:07 AM
Muhahahaha! It lives! It liiiives!

Beware the zombie story!

nonne amicus certus in re incerta cernitur?

/)_/)
(^.^)
((")(")
Strato

JCF Member

Strato is doing well so far

Aug 12, 2006, 08:15 AM
Oh noes! Leprosy!

JCF Éminence Grise

Aug 12, 2006, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Clearly, you ripped off my idea. I was the brother who had the idea of continuing old stories first.
Mine's older.
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Aug 15, 2006, 04:50 PM
Wow.
Elias FF

JCF Member

Elias FF is doing well so far

Apr 12, 2007, 02:41 PM
This is a strange story you've got going here. Hard to believe that I was the focus of that last chapter. You must have read my story "The Legend of the Diamondus Blaster," if you know about my dark self.

Nice to know that, even after all this time, I'm still remembered. *Blush!*

JCF Member

May 8, 2007, 03:46 PM
Chatters the stuffed penguin still resides in my room at my parents house

Oh Unknownie. The memories you have sparked. I don't believe it.

And the OLDIES you have brought to life.

*latches onto Elias and does not let go, ever*

JCF Éminence Grise

May 8, 2007, 05:54 PM
Ah, well, that's the thing... they don't feel like oldies. These are the people I think of when I think of the War Tavern. Everyone more recent, even those who aren't even in the community anymore, seems like a strange newcomer.
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

May 8, 2007, 07:18 PM
I can totally identify there ...
Doubble Dutch

JCF Member

Doubble Dutch is doing well so far

May 8, 2007, 09:54 PM
Hell, as a strange newcomer even *I* can identify; I was raised on Lori central fiction.

nonne amicus certus in re incerta cernitur?

/)_/)
(^.^)
((")(")

JCF Member

May 10, 2007, 02:01 PM
I know, that's why it's so awesome to see these names again. Friends.

Of course, it's my fault I'm not more active and involved with the current community, but still, that era was the best. There was a time...

JCF Member

The SlaYeR is doing well so far

May 10, 2007, 02:57 PM
Yah, it's weird DD. I'm a newcomer but this still feels nostalgic.
Old May 11, 2007, 06:09 AM
Doubble Dutch
This message has been deleted by Derby. Reason: Post lacks English.