Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJ2+ v5.12 (last updated 20 August, 2023)

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Jan 4, 2015, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
And if you find my drawings "nice", you're trying to be nice or just rudely lying. http://i.imgur.com/5sFxUqQ.jpg
Ya kidding? I find this preety nice!
Or it must be my taste.
Well you can gain more drawing skills by reading some comics. I used to read Asterix Comics alot.
EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
There's a JCS parameter for anti gravity.

"By setting "Var" to 1, the event will turn on and off a reverse gravity mode instead of a no-firing mode"

245=No Fire Zone |+|Area |No Fire|Zone |Set To:2|Var:1

You will need to edit your JCS.ini if you haven't. Just copy and paste that in the 245 column, then find no fire zone in JCS, and change var to 1 and set to as 2.

It's in the plus readme, though. Ctrl + F anti-g then you will find it. So yeah, no AS needed.
Thanks!

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Jan 4, 2015, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
I didn't assume I was talking to people who can't read.
Then watch out the next time, since "No Personal Attacks" is a rule. As I was warned for considering Blackrose a faggot (Is a dish, I swear!), word which is considered to mean "gay person" (Which is ironical since she's a girl), you shouldn't tell me I'm analphabet (Even if I am, or not!). Also, what if I suffered of dislexia? Would that still be funny to you, huh?

Average me.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Jan 4, 2015, 12:33 PM
The thing is, art, level design, and programming are all skills which you get better at with time. And, no matter how bad you are at them, you will always think you're worse than you are(That's my experience anyway).
If you want to be able to do something, just try it. It's as simple as that. If you want to continue complaining about not being intelligent enough or whatever, fine, do that, but you could be spending this time learning to program, instead of wasting it on arguing about how good of an artist you are.

EDIT: Just read Primpy's most recent post... I give up on this conversation.

JCF Member

Jan 4, 2015, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Jam View Post
Ya kidding? I find this preety nice!
Or it must be my taste.
Well you can gain more drawing skills by reading some comics. I used to read Asterix Comics alot.
EDIT:

Thanks!
I've never been a fan of Asterix and Obelix, even if the movie was nice. Thanks though.

"pretty nice"

JCF Member

Jan 4, 2015, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo4900 View Post
The thing is, art, level design, and programming are all skills which you get better at with time. And, no matter how bad you are at them, you will always think you're worse than you are(That's my experience anyway).
If you want to be able to do something, just try it. It's as simple as that. If you want to continue complaining about not being intelligent enough or whatever, fine, do that, but you could be spending this time learning to program, instead of wasting it on arguing about how good of an artist you are.
Nah, that's just sleeping time I waste. Also, I had enough years of being told how bad I am programming, I don't want this anymore. Since I was 8, I used to go to some free programming courses. The first 2-3 years went pretty well, I think. I used to work on Borland Pascal. I could easily do a program which asks you stuff or asks you for two variables and then it substracts them or stuff like that. When stuff became harder I couldn't keep up with my friends, and after 6 almost pointless years going there I finally gave up. The last 3 years I only went to see my friends and since they were free courses no one cared I wasn't doing anything. Pascal? I failed. HTML? Heck no... I ended up making some crappy Scratch games, and one of them got me two diplomas and a medal. It wasn't even a good game, I don't know how this even happened! It's still online if anyone's curious what am I talking about, but don't expect too much from it...: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/3298477/ Anyways, all these years when I tried to keep up with my pals' programming were wasted years. As always, I went full off-topic. Going to sleep, good night.

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Jan 4, 2015, 12:55 PM
Quote:
And if you find my drawings "nice", you're trying to be nice or just rudely lying. http://i.imgur.com/5sFxUqQ.jpg
It's not that bad. It's not amazing but from you described it sounded like as if it would be terrible. I was at a relatively similar stage when I was 11 (and my art wasn't that much better when I was 14), but it's truly about the dedication, not age. There have been artists that were worse than you at your age and are really good now.

I'll just leave this here: http://thetuxedos.tumblr.com/post/24...-to-go-through

I don't think people are lying when they compliment art of mine I dislike. It mostly comes down to different tastes and standards. I can even post my old crap around when I was 13/14.

And stop double posting, you can edit your posts.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Member

Jan 4, 2015, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
It's not that bad. It's not amazing but from you described it sounded like as if it would be terrible. I was at a relatively similar stage when I was 11 (and my art wasn't that much better when I was 14), but it's truly about the dedication, not age. There have been artists that were worse than you at your age and are really good now.

I'll just leave this here: http://thetuxedos.tumblr.com/post/24...-to-go-through

I don't think people are lying when they compliment art of mine I dislike. It mostly comes down to different tastes and standards. I can even post my old crap around when I was 13/14.

And stop double posting, you can edit your posts.
Well, that's motivational. Sorry for "double posting".

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jan 4, 2015, 01:10 PM
Please take a deep breath and think before you post.

Primpy, all people are saying that even if you don't understand AngelScript now, surely you'll be able to learn it if you just start trying things out with it. Which I think in general is true and might also be true for you.

If you're convinced that it won't work out for you, well, okay. I agree with the others that probably you'd at least be able to make simple scripts if you tried (especially if you were able to do simple stuff in Pascal), but maybe you think otherwise, that's up to you. Can we leave it at that (this also @ others)? No need to get into inane discussions about whether drawing is harder than programming here.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 4, 2015, 01:18 PM
Quote:
word which is considered to mean "gay person" (Which is ironical since she's a girl).
what
Quote:
It's not that easy, you know. How do you expect dumb people like me to script something? That's the reason we need more gamemodes.
So, I stand by my position that there's not a substantial difference between someone making you a feature in C++ vs. someone making you the same feature in AngelScript. Depending on the feature in question, one will be easier than the other, but it's still someone else doing the coding. You state your misgivings that anyone would write AS code for you (though I don't see why the same misgivings don't apply to C++), and that's understandable, but I do reiterate that there are various examples of collaborations in the downloads section, and the AngelScript Requests & Help thread has cases of code being provided for specific requests.

What I think you have to understand here is that people--on this forum, and also elsewhere--are more inclined to lend advice or other help to someone who's already gotten started. If you have an idea for something, it helps if you show you've already done some of the work, and it's just this specific issue or this specific bug or whatever that you could use help with. But conversation in this thread has gotten pretty heated on both sides, and without at least waiting for things to calm down a bit, this may not be the place for you to get that help right now.

But you posted a screenshot showing that you downloaded AngelScript from its website! That's awesome! It didn't happen to be the correct thing to do, but that's a mistake I've definitely made myself (with a different framework) and it shows a very admirable willingness to give it a try, especially after your past negative experiences with programming. Good try.

As it happens, though, getting started with JJ2+'s AS implementation is much simpler than that, and takes only a text editor. For instance, try creating a file named "Castle1.j2as". Paste the following into the file:
Code:
void onLevelLoad() {
	jjPalette.load("Damn1.j2t");
	jjPalette.apply();
}
Then run the level (in JJ2+). Does the specific result look good? Not especially. But that tiny bit of structure, that single onLevelLoad declaration, is all you need to get some code running, followed by any number of further additions. No massive additional downloads or anything like that.

If this forum environment isn't working for you, I'd be happy to chat with you over Skype or some other IM client of your choice and talk you through getting started until you feel more comfortable with the language. Even if you don't end up an AS master--and I completely understand that different people find different subjects difficult, e.g. I would never want to try making my own music, but other people find it much easier than stuff that I personally have no problem with--just being able to write some code will make other people that much more willing to help you out with specific questions.

So if you'd be interested in chatting, let me know. I've got nothing scheduled today. But the reality, unfortunate or not, is that features that can be implemented in AS are less likely to be implemented directly in JJ2+ at this point, because that's in part why we added AS in the first place. (Gamemodes are admittedly somewhere in-between, because there's not currently a working framework for true custom gamemodes in AS, but you can come pretty close... stuff like Bank Robbery and Assassination only took JCS, after all!)

(@Jelly Jam: Would you mind taking further questions to the Requests & Help thread instead? This thread here is broad enough it's hard to accuse it of getting exactly "off-topic," but that thread is devoted to AS questions, and people will visit it (or not) with that idea already in mind, and besides, posting in it makes other people more likely to remember that it exists, leading to more discourse, etc.!)

JCF Member

XxMoNsTeRXM is doing well so far

Jan 5, 2015, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Should I give it a shot, even if I am 14? For me, even Scratch is hard, and isn't even a serious programming language! >
What if I tell you I am just 11 and go here on the snippets page of JJ2+: Snippets. And you can see I made some snippets, most of the code I made by myself, I just got a little bit of help from my brother.

JCF Member

Jan 6, 2015, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
So, I stand by my position that there's not a substantial difference between someone making you a feature in C++ vs. someone making you the same feature in AngelScript. [...] So if you'd be interested in chatting, let me know. I've got nothing scheduled today. But the reality, unfortunate or not, is that features that can be implemented in AS are less likely to be implemented directly in JJ2+ at this point, because that's in part why we added AS in the first place. (Gamemodes are admittedly somewhere in-between, because there's not currently a working framework for true custom gamemodes in AS, but you can come pretty close... stuff like Bank Robbery and Assassination only took JCS, after all!)
Thanks for the offer! However, the next 3-4 weeks I'll be busy because they're the last school days of this semester (or half-year, I dont know how you call it in English) and I will be pretty much busy everyday, even on weekends. Add me on Skype so whenever I feel like asking you a question about anything I will. If I get some free time, I'll attemp programming something, or I don't know, at least to know how AngelScript works. I'm still wondering what's the purpose of that "delete.me" file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMoNsTeRXM View Post
What if I tell you I am just 11 and go here on the snippets page of JJ2+: Snippets. And you can see I made some snippets, most of the code I made by myself, I just got a little bit of help from my brother.
Then you must be some kind of genius, because as I said in my previous posts I was (awfully) programming when I was 11 too. Or you could also be lying, and that "little bit of help" from your brother could be a slightly larger help. Lying or not, good for you.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 6, 2015, 02:01 AM
I'm not on Skype regularly. This would be more a prescheduled thing if the forums weren't working out for you as a medium. But good luck with your school!

The actual contents of the delete.me file:
Quote:
This file is only here to guarantee that unpackers don't skip creating the /lib directory.
That's pretty much it. The /lib directory comes (otherwise) empty because users are expected to build a new angelscript.lib file into it themselves, but it's important that it exist already when that happens, so a junk file is included just in case. But again, you need absolutely nothing from that download. Delete it. That's only for if you want to rebuild plus.dll, which you don't. All you need is JJ2+ and a text editor for .j2as files—preferably Notepad++.

JCF Member

XxMoNsTeRXM is doing well so far

Jan 6, 2015, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Then you must be some kind of genius, because as I said in my previous posts I was (awfully) programming when I was 11 too. Or you could also be lying, and that "little bit of help" from your brother could be a slightly larger help. Lying or not, good for you.
I am not lying.. I just read about 100 pages of a book for programming in C++. I learned a lot from that. I really didn't know what I was doing in AngelScript on Jazz 2 before on reading that 100 pages of the book, I think the book has about 400 pages.

Last edited by XxMoNsTeRXM; Jan 7, 2015 at 04:34 AM.

JCF Member

Jan 6, 2015, 11:08 AM
Quote:
I am not lying.. I just read about 100 pages of a book for programming in C++. I learned a lot from that. I really didn't know what I was doing in AngelScript on Jazz 2 before on reading that 100 pages of the book, I think the book has about 400 pages. And to do not make it any longer, if you want to reply on this, just reply and I will not reply to your next reply... also believe what ever you want.
Good for you then.

Quote:
if you want to reply on this, just reply and I will not reply to your next reply...
Wat.

JCF Member

Jan 6, 2015, 11:51 AM
Quote:
I'm not on Skype regularly. This would be more a prescheduled thing if the forums weren't working out for you as a medium. But good luck with your school!

The actual contents of the delete.me file:

That's pretty much it. The /lib directory comes (otherwise) empty because users are expected to build a new angelscript.lib file into it themselves, but it's important that it exist already when that happens, so a junk file is included just in case. But again, you need absolutely nothing from that download. Delete it. That's only for if you want to rebuild plus.dll, which you don't. All you need is JJ2+ and a text editor for .j2as files—preferably Notepad++.
Thanks for wishing me good luck, I'll do my best (hopefully).

I already understood that my download had no purpose, I deleted the downloaded files already. I was just wondering if that thing had a purpose or it's just a format I never heard of.

Probabily I'll start attemping to do something is this AngelScript "thingy" this weekend, but I'm afraid I'm going to fail.

JCF Member

Jan 6, 2015, 01:09 PM
Quote:
I just read about 100 pages of a book for programming in C++.
If that helped you, then i should learn C++ from a site i found.
Also Primpy STOP DOUBLE POSTING. LOL

JCF Member

Jan 6, 2015, 11:20 PM
Quote:
If that helped you, then i should learn C++ from a site i found.
Also Primpy STOP DOUBLE POSTING. LOL
I am on my mobile. Not only that it takes a lot to type something, but I don't know how to copy-paste.

Quote:
As it happens, though, getting started with JJ2+'s AS implementation is much simpler than that, and takes only a text editor. For instance, try creating a file named "Castle1.j2as". Paste the following into the file:

Code:
void onLevelLoad() {
	jjPalette.load("Damn1.j2t");
	jjPalette.apply();
}
Then run the level (in JJ2+). Does the specific result look good? Not especially. But that tiny bit of structure, that single onLevelLoad declaration, is all you need to get some code running, followed by any number of further additions.
It may not look good aesthetically, but it's something!

Last edited by Primpy; Jan 7, 2015 at 12:27 AM.

JCF Member

Jan 7, 2015, 03:00 AM
Quote:
It may not look good aesthetically, but it's something!
I find this code actually brilliant. Edited it a bit, and I got a winter version of Diamond Dust!

JCF Member

Jan 7, 2015, 11:43 AM
Quote:
I find this code actually brilliant. Edited it a bit, and I got a winter version of Diamond Dust!
I need to see this!

Marijn

JCF Member

Marijn is doing well so far

Jan 7, 2015, 03:49 PM
The only way to learn something is to shut up and do it, anyone can do anything, there is always someone quicker or better, who cares just do it, you cant learn chinese not doing it, and I heard 3 years doing it.

Most of the time people just make a random excuse to do nothing... And thats weird, you dont need an excuse to do nothing. Being surrounded by these assholes gives the illusion you cant either. You need to tosh these people out of your life, there useless, dont always trust yourself either, just do things a couple of times before getting sure if something is to hard/easy/boring, silence that stupid voice inside telling you that... And you notice after a couple of months doing that things will stick. The hardest part is to shut up and do it.

Don't think... Feel!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 04:25 AM
Primpy
This message has been deleted by Stijn. Reason: we get it, you learned how to use smilies

JCF Member

Jan 9, 2015, 10:01 AM
Q: How can I add more than one "snippet" in the .j2as file of the level?

I started reading some of the codes, maybe I'll understand something ._.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 9, 2015, 10:11 AM
Snippets are not specially defined units of any kind, they're just the bare minimum amount of code needed to fulfill one function or another. Say you're looking at Snippet A:
Code:
void onPlayer(jjPLAYER@ play) {
    doSomething(); //abstraction; obviously there is no built-in function with this name, so it'd have to be defined elsewhere in the file
}
and Snippet B:
Code:
    doSomethingElse();
}
then you "add more than one snippet" by writing:
Code:
    doSomething();
    doSomethingElse();
}

JCF Member

Jan 9, 2015, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Snippets are not specially defined units of any kind, they're just the bare minimum amount of code needed to fulfill one function or another. Say you're looking at Snippet A:
Code:
    doSomething(); //abstraction; obviously there is no built-in function with this name, so it'd have to be defined elsewhere in the file
}
and Snippet B:
Code:
    doSomethingElse();
}
then you "add more than one snippet" by writing:
Code:
    doSomething();
    doSomethingElse();
}
I see. I'll try to do that later. Thanks

JCF Member

Jan 9, 2015, 11:58 AM
Ok, I obviously made a mistake, but I don't know where did I go wrong. I just tried to add the "Fall Damage" and "Wall Jumping" snippets. Argh, I don't even know how to modify two scripts.
Code:
int jumpKey = 0;
int fallTimer = 0;
const double maxFallTime = 4;

void onMain() {
  jjPLAYER@ p = jjLocalPlayers[0];
  p.ammo[2] = 3;
  if (p.keyJump == true) {
    jumpKey = jumpKey+1;
  } else {
    jumpKey = 0;
  }

if (jjMaskedPixel(p.xPos + (p.direction * 13), p.yPos) && p.keyJump == true && jumpKey < 3) {
    p.ySpeed = -10;
    p.direction = p.direction * (-1);
    p.xSpeed = p.direction * 5;
//    && p.ySpeed < 0
  }

if (jjMaskedPixel(p.xPos + 13, p.yPos)  && p.ySpeed > 0 && p.keyRight == true) {
    p.ySpeed = 1;
    p.alreadyDoubleJumped = false;
  }
  if (jjMaskedPixel(p.xPos - 13, p.yPos)  && p.ySpeed > 0 && p.keyLeft == true) {
    p.ySpeed = 1;
    p.alreadyDoubleJumped = false;
  }

int fallTimer = 0;
const double maxFallTime = 4;

void onMain() {
    if (!jjMaskedPixel(p.xPos, p.yPos + 32) && p.ySpeed > 0) {
      fallTimer++;
  } else if (jjMaskedPixel(p.xPos, p.yPos + 32)) {
    int repeats = (fallTimer / 70) / maxFallTime;
                if (fallTimer >= maxFallTime) {
    for (int i = 0; i < (fallTimer / 70) / maxFallTime; i++) {
        p.health = p.health - 1;
        if (p.health < 0) p.health = 0;
    }
                }
      fallTimer = 0;
  }
    if (p.health == 0) {
        fallTimer = 0;
    }
}
AngelScript reminds me a little bit about LUA, but LUA was slightly easier, or at least on Roblox. Don't judge the Roblox players, it takes a lot of time to do a decent game and you need to know both modeling and programming...

JCF Member

Jan 9, 2015, 01:15 PM
Until about a year or two ago, I used Game Maker, so no judgement here.

Also, I think you should try using this thread instead: http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showt...t=19503&page=4

JCF Member

Jan 9, 2015, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Until about a year or two ago, I used Game Maker, so no judgement here.

Also, I think you should try using this thread instead: http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showt...t=19503&page=4
Ahh, Game Maker. Good memories. Whenever I visited a friend of mine, he was trying to do stuff in it and I used to give him tips for how a game should look like. We sucked, but it was fun xD

Aaand we're off-topic.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 9, 2015, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Yes. That is the right thread. This is the wrong thread.

(Though to begin: what error message do you get in the chatlog when you try to run that script? I can see at least one thing you're doing wrong, which you should be able to fix if you look at the three code blocks in my last post. Don't reply here, reply in the other thread.)
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:26 AM
XxMoNsTeRXM
This message has been deleted by XxMoNsTeRXM. Reason: I moved it to AS Requests & Help
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:29 AM
XxMoNsTeRXM
This message has been deleted by XxMoNsTeRXM. Reason: It double-posted...
GoldRabbit

JCF Member

GoldRabbit is an asset to this forumGoldRabbit is an asset to this forum

Jan 10, 2015, 10:03 AM
One question: seeing as morphing into birds has been improved, would it be possible to also use some animations such as that of the standing bird (when you're not flying) and its corresponding idle frames?

On that note, as you already know, there are also unused animations for bees, Lori, or even Eva jumping when someone scores in CTF (and so on). I'm sure there are bigger priorities right now, but I'm just curious as to whether it would actually be possible to restore them to the way they were meant to be used.
because everybody plays the game this way

saints especially

JCF Member

Jan 10, 2015, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldRabbit View Post
One question: seeing as morphing into birds has been improved, would it be possible to also use some animations such as that of the standing bird (when you're not flying) and its corresponding idle frames?

On that note, as you already know, there are also unused animations for bees, Lori, or even Eva jumping when someone scores in CTF (and so on). I'm sure there are bigger priorities right now, but I'm just curious as to whether it would actually be possible to restore them to the way they were meant to be used.
You're right, a standing animation for Hip Hop would be a great thing, since it's kinda odd to see it flapping its wings at 1 cm away from the ground. I don't think Lori has more than one unused animation, but it's not that important and doesn't look really good. Unused animations for bees? Are you talking about the smaller bee which wasn't added in-game or there are some animations of the actual bee that weren't used? And yeah, jumping Eva would look nice in CTF. It's not nice to see her standing there bored...

Also, a general question: I swear I saw once Jazz shooting upwards while using the helicopter ears. How?

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 10, 2015, 11:48 AM
All those things are possible and fairly straightforward, though potentially tedious, particularly Lori.

Shooting upwards with helicopter ears: mouse aim, presumably?

JCF Member

Jan 10, 2015, 12:19 PM
Quote:
All those things are possible and fairly straightforward, though potentially tedious, particularly Lori.

Shooting upwards with helicopter ears: mouse aim, presumably?
No, I swear I saw Jazz using helicopter ears and shooting upwards with an animation, not with the normal one. I don't know, maybe I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure I saw that happening...

Lori 'aint a bori, Lori's nice.

JCF Member

Jan 10, 2015, 12:42 PM
Quote:
I don't think Lori has more than one unused animation, but it's not that important and doesn't look really good. Unused animations for bees?
There is a frame that's missing in the crouch animation for lori. Also when Lori crouches to give the other player a boost, her animation is a few tiles right, this was in the original TSF, however. So plus didn't break this.
And by unused animations for bees, I think he didn't mean those small ones. I think he meant the animations of big bees turning around.
Quote:
Also, a general question: I swear I saw once Jazz shooting upwards while using the helicopter ears. How?
I once saw this too. Lemme explain.
If you sit down at the main menu for 10 seconds there's a demo of the game. In that demo, the animations are broken (but in the original version this is fine, did jj2+ break this?) and i remember seeing an animation of jazz shooting up while in the air as the replacement of the copter special move. If this isn't what you saw, please explain!
EDIT: Primpy it's also weird too see the bird flying left and right while above the ground 1cm. there's no animation of the bird walking, therefore, it would look kinda odd if it was on it's feet only if it stood perfectly STILL. So i think the bird flying while standing should be kept .

Last edited by Jelly Jam; Jan 10, 2015 at 12:52 PM.

JCF Member

Jan 10, 2015, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldRabbit View Post
The Eva scoring animation got added to 5.0, though the missing Lori crouch frames are yet to be implemented. Those probably won't come until the next version of plus, but I'm not sure if the trivial ones will be fixed (like the swinging and the idling where she's supposed to pop out her gun)

Quote:
No, I swear I saw Jazz using helicopter ears and shooting upwards with an animation, not with the normal one. I don't know, maybe I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure I saw that happening...
I've looked in Jazz Sprite Dynamite, both 1.23 TSF and found no sprites of Jazz using copter ears shooting upwards. There is an unused sprite of Jazz shooting upwards in midair without copter ears in 1.23, however.

So you'll have to show to prove me otherwise. "I swear I saw it!" doesn't suffice as an argument. Sometimes people see something that isn't actually there.

If you don't mean that, then it's either messed up sprites or mouse aim is on.

JCF Member

Jan 10, 2015, 01:44 PM
Quote:
If you sit down at the main menu for 10 seconds there's a demo of the game. In that demo, the animations are broken (but in the original version this is fine, did jj2+ break this?) and i remember seeing an animation of jazz shooting up while in the air as the replacement of the copter special move.
So, can someone see if i'm not the only one who has this bug? Can someone test this in their JJ2 and tell me what THEY saw?
EDIT: Tested this out in both plused and nonplused version of TSF. Both have messed up animations, so it's seems this is just my problem...

JCF Member

Jan 10, 2015, 01:46 PM
Isn't one of Lori's idle animations broken aswell?
(IIRC, it's that a few frames from the middle of the one with the mirror are skipped)
Quote:
In that demo, the animations are broken (but in the original version this is fine, did jj2+ break this?)
In my LK Avalon copy of TSF, the animations are broken, so it wasn't plus that broke it. As I haven't played 1.23 in over ten years, I can't remember if it was broken in that version, but I'm pretty sure it worked in 1.20.

JCF Member

Jan 10, 2015, 01:49 PM
Quote:
(IIRC, it's that a few frames from the middle of the one with the mirror are skipped)

In my LK Avalon copy of TSF, the animations are broken, so it wasn't plus that broke it. As I haven't played 1.23 in over ten years, I can't remember if it was broken in that version, but I'm pretty sure it worked in 1.20.
Worked in 1.22 aswell.
Also, what i said about the lori animation being a few tiles right, it's only one tile right.

JCF Member

Jan 10, 2015, 02:08 PM
Interesting. Oh also...
Quote:
Are you sure he was using the helicopter ears? Because I know there is a sprite in one of the versions of the game where he's shooting upwards while falling, but not while helicoptering.

JCF Member

Jan 10, 2015, 02:23 PM
Again, i'm saying, it's a pure quincidince(or how do you spell it). Cause in my broken demo, he USES the heliopter ears with the shoot up animation, which is odd because i don't remember the TSF library having the 'shooting up while in air' animations.
Also, it could be also possible that primpy was playing the GBA Jazz. LOL

JCF Member

Jan 10, 2015, 02:50 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure. It just looks like the FPS got lowered so it appears choppier. Theres also a small chance it'll go as fast as the one in JSD (which is hard to check since it's so rare). Her default idle animation also has a slower FPS. Though you can speed up her default idle animation by going to an edge.

But the one where she's meant to pop out a gun is broken for sure.

Would be nice if there was a better J2A viewer/editor than JSD, where you could also adjust the FPS. It would more easily show whether it's actual missing frames or just slowed down.
Quote:
Also, what i said about the lori animation being a few tiles right, it's only one tile right.
Almost, but not quite. If it was completely one tile right, going beside a wall to the right would make her appear as if she's completely stuck inside a tile.

Quote:
Cause in my broken demo, he USES the heliopter ears with the shoot up animation, which is odd because i don't remember the TSF library having the 'shooting up while in air' animations.
Pics or it didnt happen. Take a screenshot with print screen and paste it into MSpaint.

Macros are notoriously buggy when it comes to TSF, though (yes thats what the those little demos are called).

Last edited by Treylina; Jan 10, 2015 at 03:18 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 03:23 PM
Jelly Jam
This message has been deleted by Jelly Jam.

JCF Member

Jan 10, 2015, 03:32 PM
I can't seem to upload pictures from my PC to this site.
Perhaps a 'browse computer' option when posting pictures here? :PPPPPP