Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 FAQ (General)

Closed Thread

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Sep 16, 2013, 11:08 PM
Ah, but it didn't actually come with a copy of JJ1, it came with a piece of paper that allowed you to obtain a legitimate copy of it, so it didn't actually come with Jazz 1.

JCF Member

Speaktrap is doing well so far

Oct 16, 2013, 01:40 PM
I think today we would call it a DLC

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Jan 9, 2014, 06:50 PM
Here's a photo of the envelope they sent, if anyone is interested. Postmarked May 18th, 2000. I wish I still had my original JJ2 box. I had the receipt in it and everything. It was the first thing I ever bought online... Along with rabbit food. I had just gotten a rabbit around that time XD.

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92

JCF Member

Jan 9, 2014, 11:55 PM
Is that the version that runs on Windows 9x natively?

If so, does it run on modern versions of Windows?

JCF Member

Jan 10, 2014, 06:54 PM
@Robo4900 No, its the old DOS version. Was there a Windows release? GoDGames tried to talk me out of it over the phone when I called the number on the voucher. "This game doesn't run well on newer computers because JJ1 can't handle faster processing speeds", they said. Not like I could afford a newer PC. It worked fine on my 200 MHz Pentium.

To get the game, all I had to do was prove I bought JJ2 by reading something from the back of the manual. Anyone could have gotten JJ1 for free at that point XD. Shoot, I could have called them up again from another phone and shipped a copy to a friend. That wouldn't be an honest thing to do, but it is funny to think about. I miss how simple things were 14 years ago...

This is going to be one of my "grandpa" stories one of these days.

JCF Member

Jan 10, 2014, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hare View Post
Was there a Windows release?
I remember hearing that they re-released the CD version of the game in 1996, and it ran natively on Win9x. Perhaps I heard wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hare View Post
To get the game, all I had to do was prove I bought JJ2 by reading something from the back of the manual. Anyone could have gotten JJ1 for free at that point XD. Shoot, I could have called them up again from another phone and shipped a copy to a friend. That wouldn't be an honest thing to do, but it is funny to think about. I miss how simple things were 14 years ago...

This is going to be one of my "grandpa" stories one of these days.
Hehe. That's quite funny, actually.
That would never happen now with some devs not even trusting people who are 100% definitely guaranteed to be legit customers. XD

JCF Member

KRSplatinum is a forum legendKRSplatinum is a forum legend

Jan 11, 2014, 10:47 AM
You could probably STILL buy an unopened version of 1.22 JJ2 with that card in it advertising for JJ1. But JJ1 runs on DOSbox now as opposed to being native to Windows. They're just two different operating systems, one would probably have to recompile the whole original project just for it to be a version of JJ1 that could compete with OpenJazz.

That reminds me of Jazz Jackrabbit for Windows Phone by Dobermann Software, which also uses Windows 8, which is a true port of JJ1 to Windows Phone. However, it's been taken out of the marketplace because it's not the 'real' "Jazz Jackrabbit" therefore it's copyright infringement. It'd be more accurately described on the Windows Store as being a Jazz Jackrabbit Port.

JCF Member

Jan 11, 2014, 02:35 PM
If only Epic would release JJ1 on a portable device.

If I could play JJ1 on my DS, that would entirely eliminate all boredom.

JCF Member

Jan 13, 2014, 01:12 AM
Or if they would release the games on Steam and GoG, finally X_X.

I have no idea why there aren't doing this. JJ1 has almost 5,000 votes on GoG right now.

JCF Member

Jan 13, 2014, 04:05 AM
Yeah... Well, I think they'll do that sometime this year, considering it would require next to no effort on Epic's part, it would give them a little extra money on the side without costing them anything, and it would certainly quiet us down about it.

JCF Member

Jan 13, 2014, 04:57 AM
Yeah. It would be great if they made a big thing out of the 20th anniversary. I was honestly expecting something in 2011 for the Chinese year of the rabbit. It just seemed like a good promotional opportunity.

We got a shirt and the soundtracks, though. The games could very well be next.

ThunderPX

JCF Member

ThunderPX is doing well so far

Feb 6, 2014, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo4900 View Post
And now I have a question: Has anyone ever seen or heard of any copies of Jazz 2 that actually DID come with Jazz 1? If so, in what form did it come?

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2014, 06:03 AM
Wow, myth busted, I guess.
Nice to know that there are copies that did actually come with it.
(Just noticed that my sig makes this post look like it was typed by a politician)

JCF Member

Hope is doing well so far

Mar 15, 2014, 02:24 PM
Hey everyone! I had no idea where to ask this, I hope it's okay here: Does the community have a facebook page or group?

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Mar 15, 2014, 02:46 PM
There is a Jazz2Online Facebook page, but it's not that active.

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Mar 16, 2014, 03:54 AM
There's also a Twitter.
And a Google+.

Both not too active either, but worth following for instant news on your oh so social life.

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Dec 5, 2014, 12:53 AM
Okay, i don't know if this is the right thread to post my idea, and i don't like blowing your people's minds with suggestions and such. But, i have a little idea for YET ANOTHER JJ2 tournament...
So, you know how at the national tournament of jj2 countries play ctf for the best ctf playing country? Well, this time it's the same, but they're not fighting for just ctf, they're fighting for all gamemodes. Just like when countries play alot of sports at the olympic games, and the winner is the country with the most medals. I hope you all know what i mean what i'm trying to say :P
However though, I am nobody to orginise such a tournament. So, the reason i'm posting this is:
1. I just need (ALOT) of help with it. I'm not orginised enough to... well... host a tournament. I barely have time for JJ2 now. So if there is some people here who are capable of doing this stuff instead of me, i would be very happy :P.
2. There wasn't a JDC or a NT for a long time, and i think this kind of big tournament should be a snap.

And yes i posted something on a thread which wasn't updated with replies for months.Happy?

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Dec 5, 2014, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Jam View Post
Okay, i don't know if this is the right thread to post my idea
Not remotely. There is an Online Play forum, though...

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Dec 7, 2014, 02:18 AM
I've got a question.
How can I transfer one of my JJ2 saves to JJ2:TSF? I mean, I started playing JJ2 on Android and I'd like to change it into JJ2:TSF because it features Lori and more levels. How can I move the save to JJ2:TSF?

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz
Old Dec 7, 2014, 02:20 AM
Primpy
This message has been deleted by Stijn. Reason: Do not link to this page, it contains links to malware

JCF Member

Dec 7, 2014, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
I started playing JJ2 on Android
How?

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Dec 7, 2014, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPX View Post
Yeap, us Euro's got that luck

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Dec 7, 2014, 03:10 PM
Quote:
I've got a question.
How can I transfer one of my JJ2 saves to JJ2:TSF? I mean, I started playing JJ2 on Android and I'd like to change it into JJ2:TSF because it features Lori and more levels. How can I move the save to JJ2:TSF?
Save game files are named SAVEGAME.00#. I don't know offhand if there's any ingame issue arising from loading a 1.23 save in 1.24 (sprites looking wonky maybe?), but I guess you'll find out!

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Dec 7, 2014, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
Save game files are named SAVEGAME.00#. I don't know offhand if there's any ingame issue arising from loading a 1.23 save in 1.24 (sprites looking wonky maybe?), but I guess you'll find out!
Best-case scenario, the only reasons it won't work will be:
  • File version
  • Episode ID
  • Character ID
  • Behavior pointers
  • Animations

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

Dec 7, 2014, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo4900 View Post
How?
I'll make a tutorial soon. :P

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Dec 8, 2014, 12:39 AM
By the way, that frog cheating tool you link to from your Facebook page is a creation of one of the community's most known active script kiddies, Electron. I recently spent half an hour helping a JJ2 player who used one of his programs and ended up having most of his online accounts stolen and abused due to spyware it contained. I suggest you check your task manager and startup programs for suspicious content and, most importantly, stop linking people to it.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

Last edited by Sir Ementaler; Dec 8, 2014 at 05:33 AM.

JCF Member

Dec 8, 2014, 08:59 AM
If you have information on malware, spyware, tools of identity theft or tools of technological sabotage please do report it to Anti-virus software companies, please do make the information publicly known to prevent malicious programs from spreading.

JCF Member

Dec 8, 2014, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler View Post
By the way, that frog cheating tool you link to from your Facebook page is a creation of one of the community's most known active script kiddies, Electron. I recently spent half an hour helping a JJ2 player who used one of his programs and ended up having most of his online accounts stolen and abused due to spyware it contained. I suggest you check your task manager and startup programs for suspicious content and, most importantly, stop linking people to it.
What do you mean, Ele is a great guy, the frog hack works perfectly fine and none of my accounts have been stolen. The antivirus didn't take it as a spyware, but it was deep scanning it. I guarantee the frog hack is completely safe and not a spyware.

JCF Member

Dec 8, 2014, 09:49 AM
Nice, an active thread!

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Dec 8, 2014, 12:38 PM
Quote:
What do you mean, Ele is a great guy, the frog hack works perfectly fine and none of my accounts have been stolen. The antivirus didn't take it as a spyware, but it was deep scanning it. I guarantee the frog hack is completely safe and not a spyware.
LOL.

JCF Member

Dec 8, 2014, 01:50 PM
It's possible that Electron is conspiring to create a Frogs-only JJ2, or should it be called, Jazz Frogger X (JFX)

JCF Member

Dec 8, 2014, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRSplatinum View Post
It's possible that Electron is conspiring to create a Frogs-only JJ2, or should it be called, Jazz Frogger X (JFX)
ay lmao.
He does acutally have a Frog Hunt server, but is rarely open. Guess he really likes frogs

JCF Member

Foly has disabled reputation

Dec 10, 2014, 10:58 AM
Ele has hacked arte's skype and probably more accounts. He could do this because arte had one of ele's programs. So yeah cooba's post sums it up pretty much.
[13:07:13] *** Foly is on a KILLING SPREE!
[13:07:14] *** you killed yourself
[13:07:14] *** Foly was looking good but died instead...

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2014, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foly View Post
Ele has hacked arte's skype and probably more accounts. He could do this because arte had one of ele's programs. So yeah cooba's post sums it up pretty much.
Ele's one of the friendly JJ2 players who introduced me to the internet play, informing me about stuff I never knew about and more. I don't know who arte is, but I can put my trust on Ele.

Btw, are you the guy who makes accounts for Camel servers because I need one, and I believe somebody told me you can get/create me one.

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2014, 11:10 AM
Erm, question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5IxyZ_hj54
So this video is made by Epic Games showing how to create a game, and uses Jazz as an example? Despite the fact that Jazz looks odd as fuck, it's nice that Epic still remembers about the good ol' green furred rabbit. Is it on the appstore? Under what name?

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2014, 01:56 PM
I played it on my computer. All you have to do is download the Unreal Development Kit, the Jazz demo comes with it. But the control scheme is meant for a touch-screen hand-held device, so it's increasingly hard to play on a traditional PC.

JCF Member

Dec 11, 2014, 12:42 AM
Quote:
I played it on my computer. All you have to do is download the Unreal Development Kit, the Jazz demo comes with it. But the control scheme is meant for a touch-screen hand-held device, so it's increasingly hard to play on a traditional PC.
Does it work for Android too? Does it have a name?

JCF Member

Dec 11, 2014, 01:17 AM
It's been called Jazz Jackrabbit Stick Shooter, or at least, that returns the most search results other than UDK iOS. The controls would of course work for Android touch-screen devices. But you might want to turn the vibrate off on the device if you're going to paly on Andriod, at least I would ;p. Anyway it's programmed to work on iPod, iPhone or iPad, I guess you would just have to export it from the Unreal Development Kit demo. There's a tutorial on how to do so if you have an iPod, iPhone or iPad.

For more information here's the "press release" so to speak from Epic:
https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...K-iOS-Tutorial

JCF Member

Dec 11, 2014, 11:17 AM
Quote:
It's been called Jazz Jackrabbit Stick Shooter, or at least, that returns the most search results other than UDK iOS. The controls would of course work for Android touch-screen devices. But you might want to turn the vibrate off on the device if you're going to paly on Andriod, at least I would ;p. Anyway it's programmed to work on iPod, iPhone or iPad, I guess you would just have to export it from the Unreal Development Kit demo. There's a tutorial on how to do so if you have an iPod, iPhone or iPad.

For more information here's the "press release" so to speak from Epic:
https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...K-iOS-Tutorial
Thanks for all this information, but how can I make it work on my Android mobile? What do I have to install, and where can I get the .apk file if there is one?

JCF Member

Dec 11, 2014, 12:54 PM
I don't know how to port it from UDK to Android mobile. There's many examples of apps designed for both Android and iOS though. Maybe ask Epic if they can make UDK for Android.

JCF Member

Dec 11, 2014, 01:34 PM
Quote:
I don't know how to port it from UDK to Android mobile. There's many examples of apps designed for both Android and iOS though. Maybe ask Epic if they can make UDK for Android.
Alrighty. Thanks for the answers!

Closed Thread