Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Issues about Jazz Jackrabbit 1

JCF Member

Cesar has disabled reputation

Jun 29, 2001, 12:03 PM
This game was made in 1994, and there's some notice/rumors that it won't be run correctly. Well... here's some problems and solutions:

Q: You get a 200 Runtime error.

A: Download home.wanadoo.nl/zanderz/images/re200.zip and patch it on Jazz0001.exe file.

Q: Some music instruments are louder than others.

A: Jazz1 is not compatible with 3D sound feature. This is a neat feature on some soundcard, Just disable it.

Open Volume Control... (just "Run this program from its current location" and click "yes" )

Go to the Options menu and enable Advanced Controls. An Advanced button should appear below one of the mixers, click on the button and disable the 3D sound feature before playing Jazz1.

Q: My joystick/controller/gamepad goes berserk in Jazz1

A: Disable it or play it in DOS if you want to use it. Though I recommend keyboards.

Q: How can I take snapshots during the game?

A: Press Backspace+F2... or I think it is.
Fear

JCF Member

Fear is doing well so far

Jun 30, 2001, 07:29 AM
Q: - I d/ld the game somewhere, it came with a patch, now runs extremely slow.

Is the patch compatible with j1cd?

If so, does it have an uninstall feature?

(I dislike messing with my registry...)

Is it w2000 compatible?

Hmmz I could go on... But am too lazy.

JCF Member

Cesar has disabled reputation

Jun 30, 2001, 10:01 AM
A: The only patch I know that came with Jazz1 is the patch to fix ATI cards problem. If it's slow, try pressing "T" button in the game. If that's not the case, Windows is taking up too many resources on DOS programs. This probably happens on few PCs, or there are programs in the memory that's taking up resources. Just close most of the useless programs and/or run the game in pure DOS. Just hope your sound card has DOS sound drivers. Some soundcard doesn't have any DOS sound drivers at all.

It might be w2000 compatible, but I don't know how w2000 deals with DOS programs. Though I recommend everyone to stick with MS Windows 98 or 98 Second Edition.

There's no uninstall feature. Just save a copy of your save files to another directory, clear the Jazz1 directory, then reinstall the game (either by disks or cd). Copy the save files back to the jazz1 directory.

Untitled

Link is doing well so far

Jun 30, 2001, 04:03 PM
Read the article on j2o about how to get rid of the Runtime Error

TPPATCH is the best patch