Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » JJ2+ Issue Tracker

Bug Report Custom samples get reverted to original ones

JCF Member

szmol96 is doing well so far

Apr 26, 2018, 03:19 AM
Custom samples get reverted to original ones

I couldn't describe the bug in a more detailed way than in the title, but at least i can tell how to reproduce it.

The first step is to load some custom samples using any script (I loaded my samples to overwrite the P2 sound constants). The second step is to play your custom samples to test whether they play properly or not (this is optional). The third step is to play a sample from the same "section" as the custom samples (in my case, samples from P2_CRUNCH to P2_PINCH were overwritten and i played P2_PLOPSEQ1).

After the last step, when you try to play your custom samples, you will hear the default ones instead.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Apr 26, 2018, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the report; I understand what you're saying. This should be very easy to fix assuming there are no backwards-compatibility concerns anybody has.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jun 24, 2018, 04:40 PM
Two months feels like enough time for people to decide if they have concerns. This has been implemented and will be fixed in 5.7 (or whatever the next version number is).