Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » JJ2+ Issue Tracker

Bug Report Joystick no longer works

JCF Member

French is doing well so far

Jul 1, 2019, 06:29 AM
Angry Joystick no longer works

I don’t know if this applies to all joysticks, but at least, my gamepad does not work with JJ2+.
  • When it’s connected to my computer when I run JJ2+, my rabbit always looks up when it stops (I can still play with the keyboard).
  • The button 3 works like the Enter key.
  • I didn’t find another effect. The gamepad buttons don’t work, I can control neither my rabbit neither the menu with my gamepad.

I didn’t study this bug completely, but here you have the symptoms of something bad so I feel it’s enough to study it yourself as skilled developers (if you have a joystick). My gamepad works very fine in vanilla JJ2. I don’t have another joystick; I hope my problems are not linked to my model but rather to some bad hack of JJ2+ developers.

I’ve noticed that there’s some ‘Controls’ item in the in-game menu, which allows to set an effect to mouse events. I feel this feature should have been placed in the usual Options menu… Well, from my point of view, it’s something barely useful that messed the original Controls feature and that hinders my sister and me to play JJ2+ on my computer. But I’m still happy that there are people who are keen to add new features to JJ2.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jul 1, 2019, 08:07 AM
See here

This has absolutely no connection to the existence of the ingame Controls menu or mouse aim options.

JCF Member

Johnathan has disabled reputation

Jul 13, 2019, 01:01 AM
I have a similar problem to this one. The rabbit is always looking up and the “up” and “down” buttons don’t work. I tried turning mouse aiming off, tried to change the “up” and “down” buttons in the controls, but i still have the same bug.
I also noticed that this bug happens in the plus version only, while nonplus version works normally.
What should i do to solve it?

JCF Éminence Grise

Jul 13, 2019, 09:00 AM
See here

This has absolutely no connection to the existence of the ingame Controls menu or mouse aim options.

JCF Member

Jul 13, 2019, 09:29 AM
I already downloaded plus_controller_diagnostics.zip, but the numbers don't change whatever I press.
Maybe that's because I play with a keyboard not a joystick, so what should I do now?
Please reply, Thanks.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jul 14, 2019, 08:42 PM
Your computer may be erroneously reporting some other device as sending controller data. Try running JJ2 with the -nojoy command line option.

JCF Member

Jul 15, 2019, 12:39 AM
It worked , Thank you for your help.

JCF Member

French is doing well so far

Jul 15, 2019, 11:42 PM
Okay, so my bug report is a duplicate of the one you linked. Sorry for not having seen it before. Thank you Violet CLM for your assistance, I’ll reply on the other thread.

From there, I’ve got no proof that there is no connection between this bug and the ingame Controls menu and mouse aiming options, but I take your words for it. Your answer was fair anyway as I showed my anger quite indecently.

(Please also forget my analysis of the bug above, it was wrong. I’ll give more details in the other thread.)

Last edited by French; Jul 16, 2019 at 12:06 AM.
Closed Thread