Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » The Art & Fiction Forum

Muppet babies, I'm trying something new, Muppet babies, I need some help from you

Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Batty Buddy is doing well so far

Mar 28, 2004, 01:25 PM
Muppet babies, I'm trying something new, Muppet babies, I need some help from you

Que Passa!!!!

A new comic is in the works, and I'm trying something new on it this time. The thing is, I need some help deciding if it's gonna work:
Anyone here ever seen Muppet Babies?

(A few hands raise... hopefully.)
Well, if you've ever seen it, you know its mostly about childrens habits of slipping between fantasy and reality. The cool thing is sometimes fantasy is more realistic then reality to them, up to the point where several times, they use live-action clips.
Well, the thing is I've always like that, and with my new knowledge, I've working on a story thats been brewing for a while that has both a realistic fantasy world, and a less realistic real world(It deals with RPGs, cause I've seen a lot of comics which do this kind of thing and they all are about RPGs.). The latter is done the way I usually do the comics: unshaded, colored by computer, etc., the former is done in stuff like colored pencils and has shading and stuff.

The question is, do you think it works?

http://www.deviantart.com/view/6124476/

If it does, I plan on drawing the whole story like this.

(And yes, I know Snooze says "Let" twice. I forgot to edit that.)

"I must be the personification of the rage to live,
hit me, dunk me, insult me, I'll still hang in there...

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
Even though I had to cheat... Thank you, The Cheat.
(RIP William Hanna)
"I claim Page 4 in the name of my sexy female self."
-Radium.
Captain Spam

Retired administrator

Captain Spam has disabled reputation

Mar 28, 2004, 05:12 PM
I remember watching Muppet Babies. :-)

Your color pencil skills are teh rux0r, as they say, Batty. It adds a certain depth to it that really makes it all stand out. Most excellent.

I also like the attention to detail on the floor of the dungeon. That's cool. :-)

The Dementia of Magic
... Somewhere between Tolkien and Monty Python.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Mar 28, 2004, 05:41 PM
Woah, I didn't even notice the second let. And I remember the Muppet Babies quite well.

Personally, I don't like the dungeon floor. In the second panel, it looks kind of like a pile of rocks sloping upwards, maybe because the ones in back appear to overlap the ones in front. If you draw random stones in the floor, then fill in the spaces between them with more stones, it looks much more flat.

The art is very good, but I still think you should get into vectors or Flash and such for computer coloring. They're smoother, movable, anti-aliased, and enviorment friendly!

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Mar 29, 2004, 09:37 AM
Excellent. *Burns expression*
What's been said before. And good gags, too.

As for the Muppet Babies.. the thought of little Piggy gives me the creeps...

Coppertop is doing well so far

Mar 29, 2004, 12:11 PM
*falls over in awe*

JCF Member

JJ BBoy KS is doing well so far

Apr 2, 2004, 02:35 PM
That's awesome.