Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » The Art & Fiction Forum

Calzone Dream Module-Format Trumpet Solo Contest

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Oct 8, 2010, 08:48 AM
Calzone Dream Module-Format Trumpet Solo Contest

well.. Ultimately the purpose here isn't a contest, but for musical creation. What I have is a simply formatted jazz chord progression and bassline, written in .it, and a horn sample (which you'll recognize from JJ2) but I was never able to finish any sort of melody over these chords.

So you can download the file, do whatever you want with it, rename the file to distinguish your authorship, and upload. If whomever participates wishes, we can declare a winner among us.. but that's not even the point! I just want to hear what people would come up with.

Delete whatever I have in channel 13, and start from scratch! Or base yours off mine. It's really all your decision.

THE PRIZE IS 1 CALZONE OF ANY MAKE BRAND TYPE (PRIZE NOT INCLUDED YOU HAVE TO BUY IT YOURSELF)

This is a link to download the file:
http://www.zshare.net/download/812838424e02f2ac/

JCF Member

FawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legend

Oct 9, 2010, 02:03 PM
After reading this I got to say I totally... had no idea what's the meaning of this.

So, basically i see a file, i can do "whatever i want" and I can't find the goal in the description. and what i hear is a decent bass, chords that go a little bit off, and a little bit awkard trumpet.

So what is this contest all about?
minmay

JCF Member

minmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesome

Oct 11, 2010, 07:53 AM
Faw, it's not actually a contest.

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Oct 11, 2010, 02:14 PM
The project is like this, theres a keyboard part there, you add your own part if you feel like it, cause I feel like my song is incomplete.

You can upload your submissions anywhere you wish, like zshare.net, limelinx.com, or your own personal web domain.

Last edited by KRSplat; Oct 11, 2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: (upload location)