Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

JB

JCF Member

Kat is doing well so far

Nov 4, 2010, 08:35 AM
Question JB

Hi, I made a jail break, but the prisoners didn't release. I think I must put some area id, but where and what settings?

JCF Member

Jgke is an asset to this forumJgke is an asset to this forum

Nov 4, 2010, 09:00 AM
Umm. The floor should be trigger #30, the place with blue players in it should have area ID 0 in bottom right and top left corners, and place with red players should have area ID 1 in bottom left and top right corners. There should also be an animation next to the springs with the first frame as a half- or unmasked block, and the second frame as a fully masked block. The trigger ID here should be #29.
E: Remember the gamemode too.

JCF Member

Kat is doing well so far

Nov 4, 2010, 09:30 AM
Ok, thanks.

JCF Member

minmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesome

Nov 4, 2010, 01:19 PM
Note that trigger ID 29 is the overtime trigger. When the game goes into overtime, it turns on automatically (in this case, it makes it impossible to free prisoners). While not strictly required, I strongly advise using it in this capacity (and adding other stuff on top if you want to).

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Nov 4, 2010, 03:13 PM
Read (or reread) plus-readme.txt. After that, look at a jailbreak level that works (I recommend looking at the example that comes with JJ2+) and then try to build a JB level yourself, by copying what the example does. Try to make your copy as close as possible... thus, use the same events, the same trigger ids, etc. Once you get that working, start experimenting. After you get a good feel of that, then you can make a full JB level.