Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

bash 13

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Mar 22, 2011, 03:43 PM
It helps a lot if your contest is for a tournament. People made levels for the CTF one because the winners would actually get played a lot. If your battle contest had something similar (maybe guarantee the winner gets hosted on one of the dedicated servers) you'd see a similar turnout.
FireSworD

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Mar 22, 2011, 04:12 PM
One option to increase the amount of battle levels for bash 13 is to convert 'quality' TSF battle levels to 1.23. One pack in particular I have my eyes on is street wars. If someone could convert those levels (shadow? permission needed?) to 1.23 that'd be great. The townhouse tilesets are simply too big to work in 1.23, but there are 1.23 versions of them.

If there are other decent levels which can be converted, but have tilesets that are too big, please convert them (assuming you have permission and there are 1.23 versions of the sets).

Last edited by FireSworD; Nov 5, 2012 at 10:28 PM.

JCF Member

Lithium is an asset to this forum

Mar 23, 2011, 05:18 AM
Add Coldwater Mines?

By the way,when exactly is the bash?

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Mar 23, 2011, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSworD View Post
One option to increase the amount of battle levels for bash 13 is to convert 'quality' TSF battle levels to 1.23. One pack in particular I have my eyes on is street wars. If someone could convert those levels (shadow? permission needed?) to 1.23 that'd be great. The townhouse tilesets are simply too big to work in 1.23, but there are 1.23 versions of them.

If there are other decent levels which can be converted, but have tilesets that are too big, please convert them (assuming you have permission and there are 1.23 versions of the sets).
Before anyone else will ask this question, why not host at TSF with multiversion on?
Then again, as soon as you hit a level that will only work in TSF, you'll have half of the players crash so perhaps its not such a good idea.

And now I expect Treylina to reply, but before she does I want to add half of the players are indeed 1.23 only. Considering TSFers can join 1.23 servers, while 1.23 users can't join TSF servers, 1.23 will probably be used to host the bash.

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Mar 23, 2011, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegito View Post
And now I expect Treylina to reply, but before she does I want to add half of the players are indeed 1.23 only. Considering TSFers can join 1.23 servers, while 1.23 users can't join TSF servers, 1.23 will probably be used to host the bash.
Well, actually I hope all levels used in the bash will be 1.23 compatible too. So TSF with multiversion that has all 1.23 levels will probably work the best. You don't want it to crash because of that-one-character taking the c (with levels containing multiplie carrots ofc), do you?

JCF Member

Mar 23, 2011, 10:02 AM
no

In Vegito's case,where 1.23 players won't be able to join,you suggest that we dump 10 to 20 1.23 players just that your crew could do Lori??

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Mar 23, 2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
no

In Vegito's case,where 1.23 players won't be able to join,you suggest that we dump 10 to 20 1.23 players just that your crew could do Lori??
Um. Even plusless 1.23 people can join multiversion 1.24 servers that have plus on them, as long the levels are compatible, of course. If the levels are 1.23 and the server is multiversion, it should be no problem whatsoever. Everybody wins. I thought I cleared this up already...

EDIT: Don't want to sound stubborn or anything, but I just want to make my points clear;
1. The player hosts in TSF with multiversion enabled
2. The levels hosted in it are all 1.23
3. Any player can join reguardless of version, with or without plus.
4. Accidental crashes will less likely happen about the annoying glitch/bug/idk (unless the host happens to have a computer which doesn't like TSF or happens not to have the version at all. If that case happens, it's probably better to host in 1.23 but I'm sure there are many other willing, stable dedicated hosters out there).

So yes, I recommend the levels that are TSF to be in the pack should be converted.

Last edited by Treylina; Mar 23, 2011 at 12:19 PM.

JCF Member

Zerg is doing well so far

Mar 25, 2011, 09:44 AM
I think I'm new enough, to ask this without negreps...
How will this whole event be done? And persons from clans can join? (my head is full with a lot of other questions like this...)

JCF Member

Mar 25, 2011, 09:53 AM
A server will be hosted on the JJ2's birthday,with all the chosen maps. I suppose there will be some admins,and yes,anyone can join.

JCF Member

Zerg is doing well so far

Mar 25, 2011, 10:00 AM
On what date,hour will this start?
Sfaizst

JCF Member

Sfaizst is an asset to this forum

Mar 25, 2011, 11:05 AM
Like the last year I would like to host the pack on my server (The Server)

I'm watching you!!
FireSworD

JCF Member

Mar 25, 2011, 11:59 AM
Quote:
A server will be hosted on the JJ2's birthday,with all the chosen maps. I suppose there will be some admins,and yes,anyone can join.
This is mostly correct. Although the time the bash is hosted can vary. It's officially on April 9th though.

Sfaizst is welcome to host the event as far as I am concerned, but I'm not sure what everyone else thinks though.

Time is running out, so I need to make some final decisions on the ctf pack. The battle pack seems like it will need classic levels, maybe even a lot of them. If I keep the limit of levels made by one person to 6 overall, then I can add 3 more levels from SC2, thoughts on this?

Sfaizst, how do you feel about hosting multiple servers? - Some bashes had side events where players could play other game-types.

Last edited by FireSworD; Nov 16, 2015 at 01:28 AM.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Mar 26, 2011, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSworD View Post
Anyway, time is running out, so I need to make some final decisons on the ctf pack. Also, the battle pack seems like it will need classic levels, maybe even a lot of them. If I keep the limit of levels made by one person to 6 overall, then I can add 3 more levels from SC2, thoughts on this?
Just make the damn list shorter and don't add any more filler to it, how does that sound?

JCF Member

Mar 26, 2011, 03:05 AM
I like how some of the levels are just ignored while the bash makers whine about the lack of levels and want to add the same levels as always

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Mar 26, 2011, 05:18 AM
What I'd suggest anymore is:

CTF List:
  1. ISLAND LEVEL WITH ISLANDS ~ EvilMike
  2. Wicked Wood ~ FawFuL
  3. Junkyard Blues ~ Snooze
  4. PipE DowN ~ Shadow
  5. Light Point ~ DarkSonic
  6. Employee of the Month ~ EvilMike
  7. Sterile CTF ~ stripe
  8. Twisted System ~ Galana
  9. Abandoned Park ~ Jake
  10. One Silver Penny ~ CelL (Urbs makes a good point)
  11. Camelot ~ Merlyn
  12. GaLaXiuS ~ FireSworD
  13. Silent Hills ~ Laro
  14. Universal CTF ~ GLaDOS
  15. Minimal Duel ~ Snooze

Battle List:
  1. Sovun Valtakunta ~ Snooze
  2. EvilMike's Not-So-Evil Fortress ~ EvilMike
  3. Apocalyptic End ~ BlurredD
  4. Stalactite Labratory ~ FawFuL
  5. Diamonds of War ~ Agnes
  6. Dream Stage ~ Snooze
  7. Necrosis ~ PurpleJazz
  8. Dethroned ~ BlurredD
  9. Catastrophe Cathedral ~ cooba
  10. Coldwater Mines ~ ELC
  11. E. Prime ~ BlurredD
  12. Magic Dust ~ Toni
  13. Vanilla Shores ~ FawFul (I felt this was really underplayed last year)
  14. Surreal Supersuburbs ~ FireSworD
  15. one more needed, could be some classic for all that matters
Sfaizst

JCF Member

Sfaizst is an asset to this forum

Mar 26, 2011, 05:33 AM
It's not a big problem for me to host more servers, but I do not have more IP's as only one, so it can be problematic for non-plus users to join the other ones (I have to use an other port for JJ2...), if this is no problem for you I can configurate the servers you need (just say a number) and give you ftp and jjm-acp access...

I'm watching you!!

JCF Member

Mar 26, 2011, 06:23 AM
Cooba's list is just fine IMO.

JCF Member

Mar 26, 2011, 09:47 AM
I'm not against having 15 levels per pack, or other variations of that. I'm trying to work within tradition (Levels from previous bashes are discouraged, 20 levels per pack etc). I'm all for change, but I'm not sure if the tradition should be ignored; what does everyone else think?

I am mostly fine with cooba's list. I'm still going to make my own though, but I may take the suggestion of 15 levels per pack.

Also, more replies are appreciated. How does everyone really feel about levels like Coldwater Mines, High Voltage CTF, Mithos's levels etc?

Last edited by FireSworD; Nov 16, 2015 at 01:26 AM.

JCF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011, 10:02 AM
If you look at the previous lists, you'll notice that what you list as tradition became common only with bash 6, and even then it was broken in bash 8 when I put 25 levels - including one from the year past - into the CTF list.

SJ has a new (awesome) level ready, Faw may or may not be working on something. Coldwater Mines is decent but I felt really bad about putting it, because it looks like any level can get in if the maker whines about it enough.

JCF Member

Mar 26, 2011, 10:06 AM
hahahahahahahaha

I think those levels should get in,FS.

JCF Member

Mar 26, 2011, 10:41 AM
Sorry to say, but most players I talked with do not like Coldwater Mines. It also has annoying pits in my opinion, and I got stuck once.

Last edited by FireSworD; Nov 16, 2015 at 01:22 AM.

JCF Member

Mar 26, 2011, 11:22 AM
FFS PEOPLE,TAKING OFF MY REP BECAUSE YOU DO NOT LIKE MY LEVEL?! FINE,YOU DON'T LIKE IT,YOUR PROBLEM! IT DOESN'T EVEN NEED TO GET IN THE BASH,I DON'T CARE! DAMN THIS REPUTATION FEATURE,NO ONE ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT THE ABUSE,HERE,TAKE AWAY MY REPUTATION! NOT LIKE ANYONE WILL CARE!

JCF Member

GoldRabbit is an asset to this forumGoldRabbit is an asset to this forum

Mar 26, 2011, 11:54 AM
Quote:
FFS PEOPLE,TAKING OFF MY REP BECAUSE YOU DO NOT LIKE MY LEVEL?!
Quote:
HERE,TAKE AWAY MY REPUTATION! NOT LIKE ANYONE WILL CARE!
Fun.

EDIT: I love how Lithium doesn't care at all about reputation yet is still interested enough to negrep me. (if it wasn't you, sorry, but can't think of anyone who would right now)

Last edited by GoldRabbit; Mar 26, 2011 at 12:27 PM.
FireSworD

JCF Member

Mar 26, 2011, 12:44 PM
CTF List:

1. ISLAND LEVEL WITH ISLANDS by EvilMike
2. Light Point by DarkSonic
3. Minimal Duel by Snooze
4. Sterile CTF by stripe
5. Wicked Wood by FawFuL
6. Abandoned Park by Jake
7. Universal CTF by GLaDOS
8. Silent Hills by Laro
9. Junkyard Blues by Snooze
10. PipE DowN by Shadow
11. Employee of the Month by EvilMike
12. Twisted System by Galana
13. GaLaXiuS by FireSworD
14. Camelot by Merlyn
15. Grave of the Snooze by Snooze (I like this level)

Battle List:

1. Dream Stage by Snooze
2. Necrosis by PurpleJazz (This will be replaced if it isn't finished in time)
3. Surreal Supersuburbs by FireSworD
4. Catastrophe Cathedral by cooba
5. (?) by SuperJazz (It's nearly finished, this will be in bash)
6. Dethroned by BlurredD
7. Vanilla Shores by FawFuL (This will be replaced with Faw's latest if he makes it in time)
8. Magic Dust by Toni
9. EvilMike's Not-So-Evil Fortress by EvilMike
10. Stalagtite Labratory by FawFuL
11. Apocalyptic End by BlurredD
12. Sovun Valtakunta by Snooze
13. Diamonds of War by Agnes
14. Death, Decay, Rose, River by Snooze
15. E. Prime by BlurredD

Still potential lists. I just can't add Coldwater Mines because of what I mentioned above. One Silver Penny is a maybe, but I was never too fond of it, and it's on the small side. So, is this agreeable?

Last edited by FireSworD; Mar 27, 2011 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Minor Adjustment

JCF Member

Mar 26, 2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldRabbit View Post
Fun.

EDIT: I love how Lithium doesn't care at all about reputation yet is still interested enough to negrep me. (if it wasn't you, sorry, but can't think of anyone who would right now)
Sorry,but I don't think it's funny. I lost 7 reputation points just because someone random didn't like my level. I also lost more than 20 reputation points just for saying jj.net needs a new admin,and I also lost about 7 reputation points to flaming,and the admins didn't seem to care about it. Yet people here whine when they lose 2 rep points,and those are the ones who tell me I overreact.

I was the one who negrepped you. I'm sorry,but if you do not like it,let's look at it this way: You lost one or two points,and I lost more than 30,and we both whine. Fair enough?

Alright now,as for Coldwater Mines: FS,you say you talked to people and they say they do not like it. I can gather more than 10 people that would support the level we made. And what about the current levels? I do not like them,take them off!
I just wanted the level in. If you don't like it,fine. Don't use it,use the same levels 10 years. Not like anyone will complain,because our great levelmakers made them! When it comes to a Lithium-made level,people even say it sucks before even playing it. It was the same with TOF: Many people said it's not good. I asked them why,and they said they do not know yet because they didn't play on it!

EDIT: YES Faw,those people are my ELC friends. Keep off my rep ffs

Last edited by Lithium; Mar 26, 2011 at 03:04 PM.

JCF Member

FawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legend

Mar 26, 2011, 03:08 PM
Lithium, to be honest.. this all can be explained in a very easy way.

Like this here:

Quote:
Sorry,but I don't think it's funny. I lost 7 reputation points just because someone random didn't like my level. I also lost more than 20 reputation points just for saying jj.net needs a new admin,and I also lost about 7 reputation points to flaming,and the admins didn't seem to care about it. Yet people here whine when they lose 2 rep points,and those are the ones who tell me I overreact.

I was the one who negrepped you. I'm sorry,but if you do not like it,let's look at it this way: You lost one or two points,and I lost more than 30,and we both whine. Fair enough?
You are showing how much you care about reputation points at JCF, while i don't see the point of this at all. But that's alright if you care about it, no problem. But why do you even ask why you lose reputation points, isn't it obvious.

Quote:
Alright now,as for Coldwater Mines: FS,you say you talked to people and they say they do not like it. I can gather more than 10 people that would support the level we made. And what about the current levels? I do not like them,take them off!
I just wanted the level in. If you don't like it,fine. Don't use it,use the same levels 10 years. Not like anyone will complain,because our great levelmakers made them! When it comes to a Lithium-made level,people even say it sucks before even playing it. It was the same with TOF: Many people said it's not good. I asked them why,and they said they do not know yet because they didn't play on it!
Well that was closer than expected..This is probably exactly the reason why people bring your rep down. Not sure if it's really negrepping, I don't think you quite see that the bash levels have high standards in quality. Maybe you struggle for people not worship your levels like you want to, maybe also out of jealousity? Anyway, that's why people dislike the post probably, what really makes them click to rep you down is probably the oversarcasmistic (probably not a real word but you get what i mean )behaviour you set up in the end of each post when you are feeling down yourself.

Edit: i didn't even bring your rep down, but maybe i consider it now because you directly assumed i did something :P.

JCF Member

Mar 26, 2011, 03:14 PM
Yeah right.

OK fine,my level sucks. At least you have actually played it...

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Mar 26, 2011, 04:13 PM

JCF Member

Mar 26, 2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
I looked over the level, it was a bit annoying to play, and I got stuck once (I didn't even thoroughly check the level, it's possible that isn't the only problem). So, not only did the people I ask not like the level, there are also other problems that were hard to forgive. Also, as I keep stating, opinions are appreciated. I would like to see 10 of those people reply to this topic and state good reasons why it should be added.

Last edited by FireSworD; Mar 30, 2011 at 05:35 PM.
GoldRabbit

JCF Member

GoldRabbit is an asset to this forumGoldRabbit is an asset to this forum

Mar 27, 2011, 03:16 AM
To be honest I see nothing wrong with the level lists, except for the fact that I remember previous bashes having had more levels in each category (about 20). Also, about 2 or 3 years ago I think the bash made more use of the custom game-modes, as I distinctly recall an intense flag-run game. Maybe each day for a couple of hours we can have a custom café?

I for one would be for this idea not because it would spice up the atmosphere a little and play underused game-modes (flag-run, bank robbery etc.). I know these would need more level-lists, but in the end the idea would make the bash better and more attractive for players who want to try something new/aren't as good at CTF/Battle.

(also I know I'm supposed to have left, but the bash is the only thing jj2-related I care about atm.)

Off-Topic
Quote:

I never whined about reputation; I could care less. I just noted the fact that you care enough about reputation so as to whine and negrep others while at the same time you say you don't care.
because everybody plays the game this way

saints especially

JCF Member

[GpW]Urbs is an asset to this forum

Mar 27, 2011, 05:28 AM
hmms i might agree with GR' spicing up of things. Are we going to see JB, Bank Robbery, Flag Run as well?

Then again it's probably more about just hanging out as opposed to playing so maybe the mode doesnt matter as much, I dunno.

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

Vegito

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Mar 27, 2011, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Yeah right.

OK fine,my level sucks. At least you have actually played it...
I was one of those who said better to not put it in the bash. Reasons? The level appears a bit random and has bugs in it indeed, not to mention a frustrating way to get in a pit. It will annoy others .
It's not a bad level, it's just that there's better levels and it might not be a good level for the bash. ToF has tons of bugs, so no matter, they're right in a way .

I do think you should continue to make levels, same for Hordy and all of ELC. It's refreshing to have a new levelmakers group and above all, if you do listen and find bugs/fix them, you may just become a great level maker.

(Also, I never negrepped you I think, I don't really rep anyone unless it's a great post or whatever)

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Mar 27, 2011, 09:57 AM
Shut up about reputation in this thread, please.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:04 AM
Lithium
This message has been deleted by Stijn. Reason: See post above
Talec

JCF Member

Talec is doing well so far

Mar 28, 2011, 12:46 PM
I'm pretty sure I haven't played since last Bash, so I don't recognize any levels (except for EvilMike's) so I'm just gonna unzip the new version of JJ2+ and play it LIKE A BOSS.

JCF Veteran

Mar 31, 2011, 05:36 AM
UPDATE: I'll deliver in time, albeit it's gonna be a different level.
minmay

JCF Member

minmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesome

Mar 31, 2011, 08:03 AM
I'd really like to see some Jailbreak games in the bash. There are enough decent levels around to make a list.

Also, guys...just...Jesus. The forum gets all boring, I don't visit it for a week, and...
FireSworD

JCF Member

Mar 31, 2011, 02:04 PM
I'd like to see Jailbreak too, I also really want an assassination side event. This is so the assassination levels from my contest will be properly tested. It's also fitting that remade levels would be played for an anniversary bash, especially if they are from default JJ2 SP levels. Convenient eh?

I am going to assemble a battle pack and have Enter the Chaos (hard version) replace cooba's level, if only temporarily. If cooba manages to finish his level in time, then Enter the Chaos will be replaced with his level immediately.

Last edited by FireSworD; Mar 31, 2011 at 05:42 PM.
Talec

JCF Member

Talec is doing well so far

Mar 31, 2011, 08:47 PM
Jailbreak's my favorite nonstandard mode, so I definitely would like to see some

JCF Member

Apr 4, 2011, 10:40 PM
Time is running out, so I'm taking more charge of the organization of this.

It seems Sfaiszt will host the bash and the side events. By the way, the side events are periodic and need to be scheduled ahead of time. Assassination and Jailbreak are definites. Whichever the case, I sent a PM to Sfaiszt and I need to speak with him privately.

Should the event be roughly about 3 days long? - Should it start friday evening on the 8th for eastern timezones? - I strongly suggest the battle pack is hosted before the ctf pack and that the official bash server will alternate around 1.5 days. Should we have some sort of post or pre bash?

I have the potential bash packs assembled. I'm waiting on at least 1 or 2 levels that might be in bash, so nothing is set in stone quite yet. I'm also making sure I have the latest versions of all the levels. The packs will go through rigorous testing until I am satisfied it'll work out, you never know what strange problems there might be.

Last edited by FireSworD; Apr 5, 2011 at 02:46 AM.

JCF Member

[GpW]Urbs is an asset to this forum

Apr 5, 2011, 07:19 AM
gj fs!

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

Tags
anniversary bash