Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Book on History Guerrilla Games

applemctom

JCF Member

applemctom has disabled reputation

Feb 22, 2020, 04:33 AM
Lightbulb Book on History Guerrilla Games

Hi, last week I released (self-published) a small book on the history of Guerrilla Games (in Dutch). The book starts with all the small studio's that preceded Guerrilla Games, so there's a lot on Orange Games and Jazz Jackrabbit 1/2 as well.
For more info or to order: https://bit.ly/gamegeschiedenis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guerrilla-games-boek-klein.jpg (14.6 KB, 0 views)

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Mar 1, 2020, 03:13 AM
Hey, it's cool to see that this history has been documented now, the time seems right for this kind of work! Did you base your book on interviews, et cetera, or is it mostly based on existing sources? I'm interested in this but having followed Orange Games &co myself relatively closely over the years it would be extra interesting if I could learn new things from reading the book...
applemctom

JCF Member

applemctom has disabled reputation

Mar 2, 2020, 04:08 AM
Hi Stijn, the book is based on a large scope of existing sources (news items, interviews, profiles in newspapers and so on, both in Dutch and English). The book tries to provide a chronological story of Guerrilla Games - something that was missing in my opinion - based on all those sources (and the games of course). So, of course also Lost Boys and so on are mentioned.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Mar 7, 2020, 04:03 PM
Cool, thanks for the info! Looking forward to checking it out.