Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » JJ2+ Issue Tracker

Bug Report Version 5.7 Controller Problem

Jakstern

JCF Member

Jakstern has disabled reputation

Jan 14, 2021, 05:19 AM
Unhappy Version 5.7 Controller Problem

Hi im having issue when using controllers in JJ+ v 5.7. In vanilla jazz the problem is not present so im guessing it have something to do with changes that are in +.

When connected controller it is not detected it have some phantom input (always looking up) and also it is not detected as Joystick in jazz and it is not possible to do any mapping, but strangely some buttons do something for example L2 act as esc and circle as enter. but when pressed it will do multiple inputs at same time like 5-6 actions.

for now im solved the issue with "-nojoy" argument and used antimicrox to map controller input to keyboard but this prevent couch party with friends even tho i have 4 controllers available.

it is possible to build plus.dll without any controller changes ?

i saw something similar in other thread but the links were dead and im sure that it was for older version

Thanks in advance

JCF Member

ridge has disabled reputation

Jul 22, 2021, 11:15 AM
Exclamation

Hi there, I'm experiencing the same issue! I'm playing Jazz2+ 5.9 via Wine 6.12 (tested 6.13 staging as well) on Manjaro Linux, in a 32-bit prefix. If my controller is plugged in the character I'm using constantly looks up, and pressing any buttons such as the left shoulder button on the main menu will just straight up quit the game. (It kinda sounds like it's spamming a ton of inputs judging by the sound effects).

I installed Jazz Jackrabbit 2, then TSF each from their respective CDs, then patched it with Jazz2+
My controller works fine in other applications, such as RetroArch and native Linux games such as Left 4 Dead 2. Even the Wine gamepad tool recognizes the controller properly, and it behaves as it should.

I'm not entirely sure how to troubleshoot this further, any tips would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Antimicrox worked to some extent for me, but inputs would get stuck and it was just not a viable solution on my machine. But that's an entirely different issue.

Last edited by ridge; Jul 22, 2021 at 09:34 PM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jul 31, 2021, 09:00 AM
please post, at minimum, what controller you're using; there are a million different ones out there and they all have their own uniquely inconsistent ideas about what data to send to the computer