Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JCS Awards 2015 - Voting

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Jan 20, 2016, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
I hope Blackraptor is reading this thread because I wanna congratulate him personally for winning. Speaking of which I haven't tried the levelpack out yet, but I will soon for sure. =D

Anyway I really wish I would have waited until after I played RabbitCity 2 before I voted, because if I had, I would have voted that one for sure.
Thank you! I really didn't expect many people to vote for me, since I only made 2 new releases this past year so I'm moved that people even voted for me as Best JCSer of the year. I'm also doubly glad people seemed to enjoy Lost Ages, I sacrificed a loooot of sleep to get it out before 2015 ended but I was never sure how it would be received since JJ1 levels aren't very popular and I've no idea if i'm any good at making them. To be honest, I decided I was going to take a break from creating levels this year but this gives me encouragement and motivation to be more active in the community =)

I'm also sorry I didn't vote, I didn't get a chance to play many new levels this year (especially Single Player) but that may change now that there's a list of the top recommendations from 2015 to check out. The results strongly reflect my personal opinion anyway. I enjoyed Horizon Approaching, Mighty Switch Test and Forgotten Civilisation and hope one day Skulg finishes her crazy awesome tileset! Also I want to congratulate PJ for being the best JCSer of 2015, it was really well deserved and I'm looking forward to what's in store for 2016

JCF Member

Borgia is doing well so far

Jan 20, 2016, 11:20 PM
Congrats to all the winners and their runner-ups , you've all done a good job last year!

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Jan 21, 2016, 01:02 AM
Congratulations everyone !

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jan 21, 2016, 01:24 AM
Congratulations to all winners, runners-up, and nominated alike. Thanks to you this year was one of the best recent years for JCS. Mighty Switch Test showed us a new standard of test and puzzle levels; Pinball Arena 2k15, Electric Express, and my battle levels introduced new quality to event-sized maps; Dilapidation demonstrated how scripting can be used to create atmospheric levels with great visuals; Forgotten Civilisation concluded all previous efforts to design a vertical CTF; and finally Jazzopoly demonstrated the sheer power of AngelScript which can change the game beyond recognition.

However on this day my heart goes out to victims and survivors of Semi Lucid Experience Chrysilis Spilled Out (Adventure of SSB SAMUS in$$ide the c0c41n3 c4stl3) XxX, especially those whose brains had been fried enough from listening to it to cause them to vote for it. Your sane, reasonably thinking selves will not be forgotten. I and all J2O members stand united for you today.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

PurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHART

Jan 21, 2016, 03:00 AM
Thanks to everyone who voted, and to everyone that helped make 2015 such a fantastic year for the JCS scene and JJ2 in general! I am honored to know that people appreciate my levels enough to consider me the top JCSer this year. I feel I should give special mention to Blackraptor, since he was certainly a worthy runner up. The amount of effort that goes into making a pack of 30 levels cannot possibly be understated, and it's awesome that he went the extra mile to get them ready for release to coincide with the new year. While unfinished, the JJ2 SP levels he has showed me this year have been incredibly inspiring as well.

I wish a happy 2016 to everyone, and who knows, maybe the year will be even better than the last? You can most certainly expect new stuff from me this year.
snzspeed

JCF Member

snzspeed is a forum legendsnzspeed is a forum legendsnzspeed is a forum legend

Jan 21, 2016, 05:28 AM

JCF Member

Blaze The Movie Fan has disabled reputation

Jan 21, 2016, 05:51 AM
I wanted to play Lost Ages V.2, but here is the problem, it's a Jazz Jackrabbit 1 level and I don't even have that game. Which is a shame because I was very curious to check the level out.

JCF Member

Borgia is doing well so far

Jan 21, 2016, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snzspeed View Post
*snip*
Against all odds I found myself nominated for the JCS Awards 2014 and being awarded a shared 3rd place in the Best JCS'er category . This year there's no Borgia to be found at all...

Angelscript setting a new standard for tests? Yea, in a way that's true, but I like to stay 'old school' for as long as possible .

JCF Member

PurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHART

Jan 21, 2016, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
I wanted to play Lost Ages V.2, but here is the problem, it's a Jazz Jackrabbit 1 level and I don't even have that game. Which is a shame because I was very curious to check the level out.
You don't need JJ1 to play it, as it comes with a modified exe file. You just need DOSBox to play it.

Last edited by PurpleJazz; Jan 21, 2016 at 11:45 PM.

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Jan 22, 2016, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleJazz View Post
You don't need JJ1 to play it, as it comes with a modified exe file. You just need DOSBox to play it.
..And a healthy dose of JJ1 skills or the willingness to use cheats will come in handy.

As for the results, I too would like to thank everyone who uploaded something in 2015 as well as everyone who voted on the nominations! The winners are mostly the way I expected them, yet the vote spreadout has some oddities. I didn't expect Survivor.mut to win all votes for mutators, and I expected BlackRaptor to be at least more even with PurpleJazz for best JCSer. Anyhow, 2015 was a great year for JJ2 and so will 2016.
Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Blaze The Movie Fan has disabled reputation

Jan 23, 2016, 11:42 AM
Speaking of the 2016 awards, I hope my next levelpack Jungle Jackrabbit 2 will at least be nominated in those awards. We'll see.

Tags
jcs awards