Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

Review Exchange

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Feb 13, 2015, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I bet some crap with trigger zones will win the contest too! Ever since trigger zones were added in 1.23, people have been making more and more levels with trigger zones and everybody has forgotten about the true tradition of pure, untarnished JCS.

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Feb 13, 2015, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
Yeah, I bet some crap with trigger zones will win the contest too! Ever since trigger zones were added in 1.23, people have been making more and more levels with trigger zones and everybody has forgotten about the true tradition of pure, untarnished JCS.
Okay we get it you can cut it off. What I said is so immature and you may boo me as long as ya want, the sentence was deleted, and when i said 'crap' i meant 'stuff'. I'm not sure if it helps but i uploaded that peice of shit in 00:25, and that's just too late for my head .
Again, angelscript DOESN'T suck. It just sometimes happens that people's levels that use angelscript get in the way of JCSing of people who don't know programming at all.
Okay this is the review thread. I don't wanna act like a mod but we're going waaay too off topic .

JCF Member

Borgia is doing well so far

Feb 15, 2015, 04:17 AM
In 2014 I started my JCS adventure, and since then I have produced four levels, three of which are tests, one of which could be called an 'art level'. The Cathedral of St. Borgius, a never-ending Work in Progress, was the first to spawn from my creative essence. It is not really a level I 'need' a review for, because it's always being edited and has no, shall we say, gameplay use other than being pretty and a place to walk around in and discover. That's why it can be found in Puke Nukem Relaxer, among other levels of a similar nature, such as Hotels.

However, my tests (see links below) are a different category. Two of them are on the Puke Nukem Test server (Haunted and Acrid), yet only one of my tests has received a review (thanks, Jelly ). The first test, quite small, easy and with a few tilebugs, was merely a means to...experiment in the art of testmaking. Yet still I'm curious as to what people think of it. The second test, Acrid, is a much larger and much more elaborate project. Not only do I want my tests to be 'challenging', there also has to be something to look at. The overall environment, so to speak. I did not yet discover how to make animated tiles, that's why the propellor blades etc are stationary. Still, what are the community's thoughts on this level? Any hints, tips and tricks for future projects?

My most recent test, the Desolate one, is also unreviewed as of now. Here, I finally made use of animated tiles, but since there were no propellor blades like in other versions of the Desolation tileset, I could only use them in the lights, texts and fire. Still, now I know how to do it, so you can expect to see more in the levels to come (provided of course that the tilesets I want to use contain elements that can be animated). I'd be very happy if people would share their thoughts on this test as well, and give it a (good) rating .

I know that tests aren't among the most popular gamemodes and levels, but please give it a try.

http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads...desolate-test/

http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads...as-acrid-test/

http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads...-haunted-test/

JCF Member

Apr 19, 2015, 06:08 AM
Can someone review my new level, Sky Station?

JCF Member

May 2, 2015, 05:28 AM
*puppy dog eyes*

Edit: OH COME ON! I know it's Bad, but i Wanna see where the heck have i messed up!!

Last edited by Jelly Jam; May 2, 2015 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Reason: Reason: Reason: Reason:.....

JCF Member

Borgia is doing well so far

Jun 10, 2015, 02:23 AM
Take a trip to Ancient Egypt with my new test: http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads...araohs-palace/
IJskonIJn

JCF Member

IJskonIJn is doing well so far

Aug 24, 2015, 03:08 PM
I would love to hear what you guys think about my big levelpack The Antidote. It has been up for some time now, but haven't got any reviews yet.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Aug 24, 2015, 03:25 PM
I'm so sorry, I promised to myself I'd give it a review but then all I did was a footnote of a comment.

I'll try to get it done within the week, no exchange needed.
FireSworD

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Aug 30, 2015, 08:40 AM
LFGPU-3000

I'll review only battle and ctf uploads.

I don't mind quick reviews.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 06:03 PM
SaVn
This message has been deleted by SaVn.
SaVn

Banned

SaVn is doing well so far

Sep 11, 2015, 06:05 PM
Try my battle boss episode:

Episodic Boss (http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/7582/-)

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Sep 12, 2015, 02:52 AM
I notice you newcomers are awful at using this thread. Perhaps you'd do better if you read the opening post.

FireSworD, I'll quick review your level in exchange for a rated quick review on Dead Meadow. It's old and not up to my standards but I don't like having unrated uploads.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

PurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHART

Sep 12, 2015, 05:34 AM
Looking for more reviews for Forgotten Civilisation. Either quick or full reviews are acceptable, and I will reciprocate accordingly.

JCF Member

Nov 12, 2015, 02:53 AM
Apologies for the double post, but I would highly appreciate a review for Dilapidation. As an extra incentive, I will write up to two full reviews or four quick reviews for uploads of your choice if you leave a full review, and up to two quick reviews otherwise.

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Nov 25, 2015, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleJazz View Post
Apologies for the double post, but I would highly appreciate a review for Dilapidation. As an extra incentive, I will write up to two full reviews or four quick reviews for uploads of your choice if you leave a full review, and up to two quick reviews otherwise.
Ah, a bit late but I wrote you a review. I'm sorry if some things seem vague, but I truly liked the level and it seems strangely overlooked in the downloads list.

You don't necessarily have to review my stuff in return, it's not nearly as good. But if you feel like it, you could try Stargazer and review it more as a small battle level rather than a tileset. The current reviews don't really note any insights on what people like and dislike about the level's design.

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Nov 25, 2015, 12:29 PM
I actually intend to review Stargazer sometime. I have a draft lying around in a text file. It will review both the tileset and level.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Member

Nov 25, 2015, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
Ah, a bit late but I wrote you a review. I'm sorry if some things seem vague, but I truly liked the level and it seems strangely overlooked in the downloads list.

You don't necessarily have to review my stuff in return, it's not nearly as good. But if you feel like it, you could try Stargazer and review it more as a small battle level rather than a tileset. The current reviews don't really note any insights on what people like and dislike about the level's design.
Thanks a bunch! I'll try to have a review posted up soon.

JCF Member

DennisKainz is notorious for his worthless posts

Dec 26, 2015, 10:18 AM
I always had this thread under my eyes and I never knew!
My 2 latest levels need to be reviewed, one is battle, the other is single player.

Event Reminder: Giving negative download recommendations leads to getting negative average helpfulness, no matter how bad the level is.

JCF Member

Blaze The Movie Fan has disabled reputation

Dec 26, 2015, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisKainz View Post
I always had this thread under my eyes and I never knew!
My 2 latest levels need to be reviewed, one is battle, the other is single player.

Event Reminder: Giving negative download recommendations leads to getting negative average helpfulness, no matter how bad the level is.
Don't worry pal, I will review your level The Impossible One, but I need to beat it first. Which will take a long time. It has that name for a reason.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Dec 26, 2015, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisKainz View Post
Are you saying you will rate a review that does not give a download recommendation unhelpful, regardless of the review? Because that is *not* the way you're supposed to use that feature. A review that doesn't recommend your level to others can still be a good review.

JCF Member

DennisKainz is notorious for his worthless posts

Dec 26, 2015, 01:56 PM
No, no, no! You got that backwards, mr. Stijn! Other people gave negative helpfulness to me for my negative review! And to TreyLina too!
I don't even have the possibility to vote reviews helpful or not.
The times when I complained about everything are over. I'm now trying to be constructive to J2O and JCF.

Last edited by DennisKainz; Dec 26, 2015 at 03:08 PM.

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Dec 26, 2015, 05:39 PM
For those having trouble understanding: He means his negative reviews are being voted unhelpful.

JCF Member

Dec 27, 2015, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
I actually intend to review Stargazer sometime. I have a draft lying around in a text file. It will review both the tileset and level.
Ah, that'd be nice, as I know there are things wrong with both the level and especially the tileset. I would specifically like to know what parts of the level's layout feel off, and what kind of layout feels "tournament worty" if that's even a thing.

And sorry for missing your reply btw, I've been busy lately just like about half of this community, or so it seems. Out of your latest levels I might review Outrageously Orange V2 sometime, it's the only one I've played in more than once. Can't promise anything though, it would be more of a personal experience review rather than a design-wise insight kind of review, but I assume that can be helpful too.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:20 PM
Blaze The Movie Fan
This message has been deleted by Blaze The Movie Fan. Reason: I didn't read the rules of this thread.
chandie

JCF Member

chandie has disabled reputation

Sep 21, 2020, 03:47 AM
Need a beta tester for an upcoming single player pack of mine. Pack consists of 12 levels (+ 4 revisits + 6 minor cutscene levels) and includes anglescript.

JCF Member

FawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legend

Sep 22, 2020, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandie View Post
Need a beta tester for an upcoming single player pack of mine. Pack consists of 12 levels (+ 4 revisits + 6 minor cutscene levels) and includes anglescript.
Sure, I can betatest your levels.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Aug 22, 2023, 08:34 AM
Still looking for reviews for RainV and TOMB. Both took a whole lot of work.

JCF Member

Dec 31, 2023, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
Still looking for reviews for RainV and TOMB. Both took a whole lot of work.
I reviewed TOMB. As for RainV, I might use it for a level sometime, and remind myself to review it.