Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Question on patch 1.23 and playing online!

Quest4Glory

JCF Member

Quest4Glory is doing well so far

Nov 20, 2008, 09:59 AM
Question on patch 1.23 and playing online!

Hi, i just downloaded jazz the jackrabbit off of bittorrent. Ive had the game since forever, but i couldn't find my CD unfortunately. I got it running and everything runs smoothly except for the online play. When I go to play in the online everything is blacked out or pinged out.

So basically i downloaded patch 1.23, and it says all the files i need are missing when they clearly are not. How can I get the patch to work so I can play online and pwn all you guys. jk jk jk

Cliff notes:

- Patch 1.23 says all the files are missing when i try to run it for an update
- I want to play online
- pls help your fellow jazzer
sonicnathan 1

JCF Member

sonicnathan 1 is doing well so far

Nov 20, 2008, 10:04 AM
Well, you could have one of the older versions. You may have v 1.00g or 1.10o. Have a look in the bottem left hand corner of the menu to see what version you have. You could also have Vs 1.24 also called the secret files. Or even 1.20.
Episode 4: Probably never

<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=4882"> Deckstar V3</a>
<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=5408">Colonial Fix</a>
Jazz 1 Fanolint: 98%

<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=5407">Finished secret levels</a>

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Nov 20, 2008, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicNathan 1
You may have v 1.00g
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
If it's the 1.00 version
The 1.00 versions don't have online play, smart guys.
Quest4Glory

JCF Member

Nov 20, 2008, 07:10 PM
okay, so it is now telling me that I cannot update my jazz 2 from 1.20 - 1.23 because apparently i already have it?? I tried downloading it off of [somewhere].

My question is: Is it normal to be seeing cames that come up listed when I try to join, yet I cannot join them because they are black or pinged out? If so, how would i bypass that?

Thanks

Last edited by Torkell; Nov 21, 2008 at 10:01 AM. Reason: No links to warez, as it's against the host's terms of service
Quest4Glory

JCF Member

Nov 20, 2008, 07:21 PM
So it turns out I have version 1.20. What happened is I installed ver 1.00h and i can't seem to fully uninstall it, because it didn't come with an uninstall file. What a crock, how can I get around this? Everytime I try to use that upgrade patch it says every file is missing. Why is that?
Old Nov 20, 2008, 10:17 PM
master sven
This message has been deleted by Torkell. Reason: No warez, not even obfuscated links

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Nov 21, 2008, 03:02 AM
Are you an idiot? I told you to contact me per e-mail if you needed help with the downloads, and I did that for a reason: This forum doesn't allow warez-discussion

Edit:
1) see if you can uninstall 1.20 via control panel, otherwise:
2) http://www.dutchfurs.com/~haze/blog/...91bmluc3Quemlw <- use this, then try to install 1.21 again

Stealth Admin

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Nov 21, 2008, 10:03 AM
/me puts mod hat on

Posting links to or details of how to get warez isn't allowed here, as it's against the host's terms of service. And before anyone asks, links to abandonware aren't allowed either. Next one will get a warning.

Quest4Glory: there's more than one version of JJ2 around, and the older ones cannot be patched to support online play. See the FAQ post for more details.

Last edited by Torkell; Nov 21, 2008 at 10:22 AM.
Quest4Glory

JCF Member

Nov 21, 2008, 06:06 PM
Thank you so much guys, especially torkell. I was able to uninstall the garbage 1.00 version and get the upgrade to 1.23

So now i should be able to get on and game with you all. Jazz on!
Vegito

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Nov 22, 2008, 05:01 AM
However by making a post here you probably gave a lot of other people no chance to get JJ2 anymore.

JCF Member

Jimbob is doing well so far

Nov 22, 2008, 11:28 AM
@Vegito: *face-palm*
Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:58 AM
Odin
This message has been deleted by Odin. Reason: im about to break