Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » Site and Forum Rules, Questions & Feedback

A suggestion.

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Jun 17, 2004, 03:52 PM
A suggestion.

Its sorta annoying when you download a medium size zip containing a level, a music, and a tileset, but when you unzip it you already have the tileset (probably 20 copies of the same tileset if you count the ones in the zip). When I look at it I think redownloading the same tilesets for the levels over and over again when you download levels I think it wastes space on your HD. This is just IMO, but I think that the zip shouldnt include the tileset for the level unless its a newly made one. Yeah, this might lead to problems with people who dont have the set, but there could be some sort of section where all the tilesets are posted and you could just download them, instead of redownloading the same set 5 times just to get 5 different levels. Thats just my opinion, though.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jun 17, 2004, 04:23 PM
Considering how many people say that they don't have the set for every upload without the tileset included, I'm not sure this is a good idea. Besides, downloading levels using tilesets is a good reason to get a more recent version of the tileset in question, if for some strange reason you have an outdated copy.