Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

Conquests

Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Kovu aka Alec is doing well so far

Sep 2, 2001, 07:43 AM
yea, but don't worry, I won't let Apokallyipsis die without being finished.

Goodness, Copper, goodness on a plate of Sa--

nevermind...(inside joke)

but anyway, spiffy, indeed.
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Sep 2, 2001, 07:44 AM
Wooo! In the name of SPAIN I claim the second page!
Kaz

JCF Member

Kaz has disabled reputation

Sep 2, 2001, 08:26 AM
ACk! For now Kovu you have the majority of pages... but that will change... it will change...

Great chap CT.

JCF Member

Ducky is doing well so far

Sep 2, 2001, 10:51 AM
YaaaaaaaaaaaaaY!!!!

*frolicks*

Nicefulness.

`Duckeh

Coppertop is doing well so far

Sep 4, 2001, 12:36 PM
Kovey! NotagainNotagainNotagainNotagainnotagainnotagainNo tagain

NotagainNotagainNotagainNotagainnotagainnotagainNo tagainNotagain

NotagainNotagainNotagainNotagainnotagain

NotagainNotagainNotagainNotagainnotagainnotagainNo tagainNotagain

NotagainNotagainNotagainNotagainnotagain

NotagainNotagainNotagainNotagainnotagainnotagain!

rrr. Give it to me, or I'll not continue!

Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Sep 4, 2001, 12:38 PM
But...but...FINE, have it you're way, here! *chucks the page*
Kaz

JCF Member

Sep 4, 2001, 02:59 PM
NOOOO!!!!

(Flies up and grabs the page)

IT'S MINEE!!!!

Sep 6, 2001, 06:02 PM
*growlez*

Kove gave it to ME! Iz MINE!

Right. So. . . I CLAIM SECOND PAGE FROM KOVU!!!!

About that next part.

"Hey, where's Wild Angel?" Phoebe looked around. Sure enough, the pretty black rabbit was gone. Ducky shrugged.

"She comes and goes as she pleases. She's probably back to wherever she came from."

Coppertop had vanished sometime back. Kovu had wandered off, presumeably to get the Moonrise, and now Wild Angel was gone.

"Velvet or whatever her name is didn't come, either," Grath observed.

"Velveetza," Phoebe corrected.

"Yah, whatever. She's gone, anyway."

But no one was really worried.

Velveetza had gone with Angel when she'd learned that the rabbit was headed for Firen.

"Neither of my brothers are there," the sleek white cat confided in Wild Angel. She tossed a lock of long black hair over her shoulder. Her golden eyes flashed.

"So you'll be alone?"

"Yes. I hope to find a family we know. Zanzibar told you of Vorsyelvo?"

"Uh huh."

"Her family. They're reclusive, so I don't know if I'll find them." Wild Angel nodded.

"I guess we have to part here," she said as she glanced around the landing strip. A small solar-powered one man vessel wheeled out and took off. Velveetza nodded. Wild Angel formed the warp carefully, and Velveetza stepped through and vanished.

Wild Angel looked around again. A small dervish of sand whirled skittishly over the deserted strip, and the twin suns shone powerfully. Fjan was more brilliant than Oquis on this part of Firen's orbit, but that did not dim Oquis's heat.

A tall, lean blue rabbit strode out of the blinding sands, looking quite out of place. He looked pleased to see her.

"Wild Angel. Your friend, I trust, is okay?"

"He'll live. Kaz's head is harder than most stones."

"Ah. Well, the Webmaster's hyperdrive was totalled, but they fixed her up fine. She'll fly, yes, and even live to fight."

Wild Angel grinned happily. Then a question occurred to her.

"If you were a slave here, why did you come back? I think the place of your heart was Keenrei."

Jassiv's expression closed. He was suddenly the ruthless, cold personality Angel had sensed in her brief search of his memory.

"Because here I could be free of physical pain. On Keenrei I could not forget my injuries."

Wild Angel looked at him strangely.

"But here you have a constant reminder of your mental pain."

"My mind is fine, Wild Angel. Firen has the proper climate for my wound to heal completely in."

"But not your mind," she murmured. Jass turned away, an elegant, cold, detatched personality. The Keenrein looked, once more, oddly out of place in this world of desert and rainforest. Even his manner spoke more of his homeworld than here.

But Wild Angel let the subject drop.

Coppertop

Sep 6, 2001, 06:04 PM
Woo! I'm the first to like it and say so. . . never mind.

Here's more for you people. Short. Next part'll be better.

Keenrei. The name spoke of the desolate stretches of icy plains and infinately overcast skies that characterized the planet, the keening wind and blowing snow that never ended.

The forlorn sobbing of the Fluters, shapeless beings, the Followers of the Wind, carried across the glaciers. The familiar ache rose in the listener's throat; a desperate longing that always invaded those that heard the Fluter's song. It was beautiful, glorious, but desperate and forlorn at the same time.

Tears stung at his eyes as he listened. Fine, whirling snow swirled slowly about him. The snowy mountains in the distance were clear, but the wind and sobbing strains strangely obscured his vision. Longing, and something else, clawed up his throat from his chest.

By the fur, it was beautiful. . .

Jass jerked awake. The feelings and images of the dream oddly stayed with him. What was it Angel had said? Something about Keenrei being the place of his heart.

He would let his arm heal first. Then he would go.

He had to.
Kaz

JCF Member

Sep 8, 2001, 08:14 PM
Lalala, testing to see if the posting system on minimums working...
Coppertop

Sep 10, 2001, 03:32 PM
What, no comments? Oh well.

"Copper? Where ya been?" Kovu wandered in as she observed the cargo bay of the Assassin.

"Browbeating that dumb Varzalian. My contract ended two hours ago, but he didn't want to let me leave."

"So, where to?"

"Medivo, then Carrotus. If my friends are being stalked, I'm going to help them. And you'll notice, it's the people who helped kill Kroys."

"True. Even I got attacked."

"Kovu, you get attacked every time you take the controls these days. But I'd think they'd have more reason to attack you than anyone else. You really were the one who defeated Kroys."

"Aah, it could have been anyone."

"However you want it, Kovu. But I think our jackpot will be on Medivo."

Claw hissed in frustration and fury as threescore of the sneering, filthy turtles and lizards surrounded him. Their leader, a swaggering schwartzenguard, lay at his feet.

"You will die for thisss, creaturre," growled an angry lizard. Claw unsheathed the claws on his left hand.

"It was your leader's stupidity," he snarled. "He shouldn't have challenged me if he feared death!"

He raised his right hand. Blood glittered darkly on his claws in the dim lighting. The dull turtles watched him without moving.

Claw glanced over the smaller turtles' heads at the Vortex Crawler. All he had to do was get by the guarding turtles and into the cockpit. Right. That was ALL?

He drew his Protec blaster and raised it. Suddenly terrified, the turtles and lizards scattered.

"Hmm. Think they recognized you?"

"Lay off, Copper," he said wearily. Then he suddenly looked surprised.

"Coppertop? What are you doing here?"

"Looking for you. My contacts said you were here, and I figured you were in trouble, of course."

"I'm honored. However, my trouble always comes with you, I've noticed. . .what's the trouble NOW?"

"Kronans attacking my friends. And some unknown force behind them."

"Like the unknown forces that circulate in the rumors?"

"Such as. . .?"

"'Deathless Ones'. Mean anything to you? Me niether." He looked darkly at the still retreating Shellions.

"A name? Nothing else?"

"No one knows anything else. Not even I."

"Well. . . I brought the Assassin-"

"-which means the rest of your crazy gang-"

"-so you can dock the Vortex Crawler next to the Moonrise-"

"-I doubt you've got that much space-"

"-and come along with us on this-"

"-next insane adventure-"

"-search for these killers. Are you going to quit cutting me off, or are you coming?"

"I haven't much of a choice, have I?"

"Well, are you?"

Claw went.

Kaz

JCF Member

Sep 10, 2001, 03:37 PM
Heheh, it's always fun when people do that.

No comment means it's the same thing as last.

Sep 10, 2001, 03:59 PM
Thankee. New character coming soon. . .

Phoebe met Coppertop and Claw at the airlock of the Assassin, her wrist still in a cast. Claw cast a half-disapproving look at it, which was covered with Kaz, Grath and KRSplat's signatures. She looked quite flustered.

"Finally you're back. These ruffians have been dancing attendance around me ever since we got here."

Kaz appeared beside her, one wing in a cast that was covered with Grath, KRSplat and Blackie's signatures. He cackled wickedly.

"Ha ha ha! You should've seen Grath's face when I- oh, you're back with whatisface. How'd the rescue go?" The bird ignored the furious look that Claw shot him.

"Rescue? Wha- oh, you mean checking out Wildie's shop. She's not there. . . not that I expected her to be."

"Waaaiit a minute," Grath said, coming out beside Phoebe. "Wasn't Angel's shop on Tubelectric?"

"It was but she moved it. What an informant! If she'd remained there we'd have an ally and a half."

"Half?" Grath glanced mischieviously over at her. She growled at him. Shinyso tactfully interceded.

"Just because she no longer works her shop doesn't mean she hasn't got excellent contacts. She may be gathering information even now to help us."

Shinyso was not far off. Angel had left during the night, and Jass woke to a note tacked to the Starblown's door and a missing Webmaster. The note read: "[/i]Jassiv, Sorry about the desertion but I am needed back on Medivo. Don't worry, I'll be okay. Remember, if you're ever in trouble I'll help you at the most unexpected times. Sincerely, Wild Angel.[/i]"

Jass sighed in resignation. He'd hoped that she'd stick around for a while, but obviously that was not to be. When he'd started out for Firen he'd intended to rough it on his own. . .so why did he wish Wild Angel was with him?

Wild Angel landed on Medivo with full intentions to fix up her shop and become effectively invisible to her enemies. . . which meant keeping out of whatever quest Coppertop and her friends were on now. She could have teleported, but flying gave her solitude and time to think.

Jass could take care of himself, but she still harbored a shred of guilt about leaving him like that. Well, she'd keep in touch if she could. He was a nice character.

She also felt slightly guilty about avoiding Copper. She'd helped start the trouble with Kroys, and this definately seemed related. Leaving her friends just didn't feel right. Maybe she could just give them info.

If her enemies came to Medivo? Then what?

Well, she could leave if it came to that. But that would be admitting defeat. And she'd be signing her death warrant if she ever came back; they'd seize her shop and ship. So she'd be a wanderer like Copper except without a ship or money.

Which left one option.

Go with Copper.

Kaz

JCF Member

Sep 10, 2001, 04:11 PM
Quote:

On 6:59pm 9-10-2001, Coppertop wrote:

Thankee. New character coming soon. . .

Phoebe met Coppertop and Claw at the airlock of the Assassin, her wrist still in a cast. Claw cast a half-disapproving look at it, which was covered with Kaz, Grath and KRSplat's signatures. She looked quite flustered.

I don't really have a life...

JCF Member

Sep 12, 2001, 11:30 AM
YaaaaY!!

*sniffles*

Go CT.

`Ducky
Nightshade

JCF Member

Nightshade is doing well so far

Sep 12, 2001, 01:47 PM
Very sad and disheartening news coming. . .

Our beloved Conquests will not be posted in by CopperTop until next Tuesday. . .

She's been grounded.
"I can do all things through Christ whom strengthens me." ~Phillipians 4:13

"Whatever." ~Coppertop

There's a fine line between Good and Evil. . .

read Conquests to find out why.

"Only Death keeps a secret. . . ."
-Zazz Darkfist
Kaz

JCF Member

Sep 12, 2001, 05:37 PM
TEll her that we're all waiting here with snipers and rotten tomatoes anticipation for her next chapter.

JCF Member

Sep 13, 2001, 09:00 AM
CT!!!!! *sob*tears*

NooooOoO0o0o0O0oo...

*sniffles*

`Ducky

JCF Member

Sep 13, 2001, 11:51 AM
Copper! We nnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddd more chappies!
defalcon

JCF Member

defalcon has disabled reputation

Sep 14, 2001, 12:40 AM
You need more chappies too, Kovu. When ya gonna update?

Spiffin story wot! Sorry I just saw this topic. Very cool, very cool.
defalcon

JCF Member

Sep 14, 2001, 12:43 AM
Hey Coppertop, can I use you in my story? I'll need a profile if you accept.
Kaz

JCF Member

Sep 20, 2001, 06:33 PM
Isn't she supposed to be back yet?

Sep 24, 2001, 04:01 PM
I'm back, I'm back. *everyone hides the tomatoes*

Thanks, defalcon. . .not every day one is asked to join a story I'll PM my prof.

And now, THE PART EVERYONE IS WAITING FOR IN ALL MY POSTS. . . THE END!!!!!!

Just joking. Here goes.

The green-eyed rabbit was what caught the bartender's attention first. Not the rabbit, but her eyes. They seemed to dominate her, command attention immediately. Later he could not even remember her fur color.

She sat alone, sipping meditatively at her drink, completely absorbed in what she was doing. She didn't even notice when she finished her drink or when the bartender came over to see if she wanted anything. He peered over her shoulder at the vidscreen before her.

The vidscreen was about two inches thick, with a square screen and several buttons on the base. A holo was speaking in low tones on it. The bartender moved away. The green-eyed rabbit glanced up and flipped off the vidscreen.

She sat in the shadows, watching the customers pass with something very like dejection. She sighed and looked down at the vidscreen she still held. Once more she played the holo.

A muscular, handsome purple Firenzev appeared. He sneered at her from the screen.

"Saturn, you're dead if you ever return. You're an orphan, y'know that? They've killed your family because you wouldn't surrender. We'll stalk you to the ends of the galaxies. Good luck. . ." The sound died out with laughter.

Saturn turned it off again, shoulders slumping. Of course they'd follow her. Who was she fooling? Her family dead. She couldn't believe it. Maybe she should just turn herself in and get it over with.

No.

"No," she breathed. "I won't give in."

Squaring her shoulders, she stood. Paying the bartender, she fled out the door.

Wandering the dark streets, the pretty auburn colored rabbit pondered her choices. Finally she made up her mind.

"Right. Take the shuttle to Carrotus, find a good, protective job. Make enough to buy a ship, turn mercenary. Or bounty hunter. They can't find me in space."

Saturn headed for her apartment. Looking around, she saw nothing she really wanted to take with her besides her money, a change of clothes and Z'daarin.

Shedding her jade green skirt, she changed into her street clothes - deep blue pants, white long-sleeved shirt with blue anchor insignia. She braided her long straight black hair with blue ribbons and fastened it with white barretts and elastics. Scooping her credits into her pocket, she turned for the final touch.

A sleek, blue and white blaster hung on the wall. A blue anchor on a white shield adorned the handle, and she reverantly lifted it off its hooks. Z'daarin never failed to awe her.

A tingle ran up her arm as she touched it, and she quickly strapped the blaster on. It had been known to take control at the most desperate times, and if she wasn't desperate now she'd never be. She headed for the door and headed for the shuttle compound without a backwards glance.

Oh, and the reason I was so late is I went bushbashing for a week, chasing after moose and caribou and getting alternately soaked and frozen in the meantime Bet you're all jealous, right?

JCF Member

Sep 25, 2001, 06:31 PM
Well I am. It sounds fun.

Ah nice chapter. I like that..Saturn person ;P

`Ducky

Sep 26, 2001, 02:30 PM
Thankee. *bows*

Fun? No way. If you want to pay the awful prices you can fly up here next year and go instead of me
Nightshade

JCF Member

Nightshade is doing well so far

Sep 26, 2001, 03:00 PM
Yumyum!

*eats up story*

WWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WWWWAAANNNTTTTTT MMMMOOOORRREE!!!!!
"I can do all things through Christ whom strengthens me." ~Phillipians 4:13

"Whatever." ~Coppertop

There's a fine line between Good and Evil. . .

read Conquests to find out why.

"Only Death keeps a secret. . . ."
-Zazz Darkfist
Kaz

JCF Member

Sep 26, 2001, 05:07 PM
Spiffomatic tale CT.

Dec 8, 2001, 01:39 PM
Long time no see, ppl. Sorry for the year or so of no updates but I couldn't get onto J2O and then I couldn't log in. BUT now I'm back and I've got tons to post so don't go to sleep on me ...

When Alpha reached Carrotus, she was just in time to have to wait for a large, slow frieghter to pass. Cursing, she wrenched her ship around the frieghter and dove towards the planet below.
When she found Omega's ship she knew ...
Omega was unconscious, lying in the Jendara's medivac. It was in freefall, and she couldn't stop in time. She slid to a stop beside the medivac.
He looked peaceful, despite the awful wounds crisscrossing his body. Alpha winced when she saw a jagged white scar, newly healed, running across his face. The medivac had hastened the healing, but the new skin was still tender and delicate. She abruptly reached and flipped the switch that restored gravity. Slowly she landed on the ground. Then she punched the deactivate button.
The medivac's steady hum died down, and the sleep inducer turned off. Alpha touched Omega's shoulder, and he stirred.
"Alpha?" His voice was so soft she barely heard it.
"'Here am I.' What happened?"
"Blasted ... enemies. They ... got me good. But ... I sent Them ... to the ... hottest ... reaches ... of Hellantra. And They won't ... be coming back."
"Good. Who were they?"
" ... Beren ... Deathless Ones ... attacked ... "
"Beren? Deathless Ones? Who?"
"On the street. They surrounded me ... my opal ... " Automatically Alpha glanced over to where Omega's sword lay, as if discarded on the floor. The opal was slightly blackened, and the blade dark with smoke.
"What of it?"
"Kroys' ... magic fused in ... fired bolts ... "
"Your opal used the magic that passed through it when Kroys died to save you from the mysterious Deathless Ones."
"Yes ... it's still ... charged. It will ... protect me ... when I need it."
"I see. Sleep now. You need it." Omega stubbornly struggled up into a sitting position.
"No. Tell ... Copper. They want ... her. Us. They'll use ... her ... us ... to take ... over. Tell her!"
"I will. I promise! Omega, can I use your ship?"
Omega was standing now, breathing heavily.
"I'll help you. Beren ... won't get me ... again."
"Good. Shall I put the freefall on?"
"Yesss ... "
Alpha almost pulled the switch. But Omega swayed dangerously beside her, and she turned to help him. But before she could reach him, he collapsed.

The coldly elegant blue rabbit moved easily through the crowd as he made his way to the shipyards. His cargo was live - a replacement captian for the Yeshi Suun. His small ship could easily make the transfer. The problem was that he didn't have coordinates.
The Firenzev captain wasn't a rabbit, but one of the native felines, and very female. Her delicate, small-boned frame was as tough as a leather strap, and her shifting grey-blue eyes missed nothing.
"We have an idea where the Suun is, but we cannot be sure. We do not even know if she is at the bottom," she informed him. Jassiv thought she'd said her name was Tsai. Her grey fur had a strange sheen to it, almost oily. She had a low, husky voice. He wondered how she'd ever been promoted to captain.
"Tsai, we need to hurry. If this ship is damaged it might not have much time."
"Yes. What is your ship's name, Jassiv?"
"The Starblown."
"Very well. I will see if you may make contact with the Suun."
She murmered something into the comm, and then nodded slightly.
"You may. Let us go, Jassiv."
Jass decided that he didn't really like this calm, cold, calculating captain. She was too distant, too impersonal.
"What were you captain of?" he said it before he could stop himself. She didn't look at him.
"I commanded the battleship Kiyan Saranai. My skimmer was the Tsaira."
"Oh."
She moved up the ramp, still not looking at him.
"So if you have your own ship, why are you commanding this one?"
"The Yeshi Suun's last message was informing us that she had lost her captain. I will help them."
"Oh. Well, buckle up."

When they found the Yeshi Suun, she was half sunk. Her stern stuck up at a crazy angle, but she was still floating.
He landed on her tilting deck, and lowered the ramp. Tsai strode off, looking taller than she actually was.
"Who is in command here?" she demanded. One of the haggard Firenzev stepped forward.
"I am. You are Captain Tsai Rtyra?"
"Yes. Are the hydraulic pumps working?"
"They should be. We have been waiting for them to recharge."
"Get them going. We are going to turn this ship right side up if it kills us all."
The Yeshi Suun was not like most ships. She was more of a battleship.
She was much like a sideways pyramid in shape, tapering to a point at her bow and rising to the main cabin, which overlooked the sides which had a low guardrail. Large supports that doubled as pumps curved over below the rail, and portholes beside these marked cabins.
She was sideways in the water. How they were going to right her he had no idea. Tsai glanced back at him and nodded.
"You may leave if you wish."
A few minutes later the Starblown rose and vanished into the clouds.

JCF Member

Dec 8, 2001, 02:15 PM
Welcome back, CT

Great chapter.

`Duckay

JCF Member

Dec 8, 2001, 09:36 PM
Glad to see you back.

Dec 10, 2001, 02:46 PM
What is this, I can only post once a day?
Oh well, here's your next part.

Captain Tsai Rtyra stood on the deck of her new battlecruiser. She missed the Kiyan Saranai, but the Yeshi Suun was almost as good. Not enough weaponry, and she could use some speed.
She glanced at the clouds, measuring the strength of the distant storm. If they sped up they could outrun it ...
Admirable as Pilot Sevren had been, she didn't like his attitude. Pilots made it their buisness to be friendly ... a captain's job was to be aloof and commanding. It was evident he didn't like her. Well, he'd better get used to it.
"Captain Rtyra? Second mate Fayxe reporting."
"Just 'Captain', Fayxe. Report."
"Aye, Captain. The hydraulic pumps are not in top shape, but they are doing the job. We should be on our way in half an hour at the present rate."
"Speed them up. We need to be gone from this place in twenty minutes at the most."
"Aye, Captain. May I have your reasons?" Tsai frowned. Fayxe ought to have known of the storm. The Kiyan had been staffed with crew whom were the caliber of the ship. These almost were incompetant.
"Have you not noticed the storm gathering in the distance, Fayxe? We must outrun it."
"Pardon, Captain. I have been supervising the pumping, not the weather," Fayxe said stiffly. "I will order the pumping at half again the present speed."
"Do so. Dismissed." The second mate left, leaving Tsai to her thoughts and musings.
She knew of her cousin Tralion's betrayal, and of her "cousin" Zanzibar's meeting. On Firen, everyone was "cousin" to someone who was "cousin" to someone else who was "cousin" to someone else who was the "cousin" of one of her friends who was the "cousin" of her half-brother and on it went. She kept informed. She had known when Zanzibar participated in Kroys' defeat, and when he had begun his wanderings. She had been young then ...
She had often dreamed of following him in his adventures, even when he had fought the Fader Sharrakamov and survived. Always awed and slightly love-struck ...
But now she was the successful captain of both battleship and battlecruiser. Maybe when the Kiyan Saranai went in for the year-long repairs that happened every five years she would join Zanzibar. Maybe.
Maybe.

Zanzibar growled as he observed the cloud patterns over the Sareyaer Desert. His scars should convince Sharrakamov to speak, but the landing might be tricky ...
Faders were reclusive, fearfilling phantoms that loomed up out of the darkest nightmare to slay. None knew quite what they were besides hooded, cloaked figures that materialized and vanished with the windtossed leaves.
And they always left something behind.
Sometimes it was precious jewels or coins. But other times it was bare bones or polished pieces of weaponry. It was said that they possessed intelligence beyond imagination, or that they were savage barbaric creatures. If one could be defeated or amused you might live to see the sunrise ... which was their only limitation. They were creatures of the night, and when the dawn rose they vanished, leaving behind only a pile of leaves.
Sometimes.

Zanzibar arrived at dusk, as the sun was sinking behind the jagged ranges of peaks. He made his empty-handed way to a distant hill that was scarred and seared. He could wait.
The first warning always came with a prickle of fear on a cold breath of wind, as it did now. Crisped, singed leaves swirled on a wind of terror that penetrated the warmest fur-
"So you come again." The voice was no louder than the wind, and like the rustle of the leaves. Zanzibar turned.
A cloaked, cowled figure stood silently behind him. He was taller than most creatures, but this creature towered over even him.
"I came. I need help."
"Who are you?" It was not a question. It was a demand.
"I am the one they call Sia, which means 'Brother of Shadows' - but I am more the servant. I am the one they call Zanzibar, which means 'Founder of Nightrivers' - but I am more the seeker. I am the one - "
"Stop. I know the names. Proof." Zanzibar sighed with relief. He had this part. With a claw he traced the thin white scar that adorned his chest, and another, wider greyed mark on his left shoulder that made one think of a burn. The figure watched him before speaking.
"You seek the One."
"Yes." Sharrakamov meant 'Solitary'. It was apt.
The figure shimmered and the leaves swirled. The black cloak vanished amongst the leaves, and when the debris settled a figure clothed in a cloak of smoke grey. This Fader did not speak.
"Sharrakamov. Ten years ago you swore your allegiance to me - now I need you. Will you come?"
Sharrakamov nodded, once.
"Away from here?"
Hesitation.
"You will return. I promise you that."
A nod. Yes.
"We will face great trouble. I may die. You are certain?"
A nod. Yes.
"Others cannot know of you."
Hesitation. Questions; others?
"Friends. You owe me, I owe them. But you will not owe them."
A nod. Yes.
"I will see you later. I may need you in my fight against - against the Deathless Ones."
Anger, anger that sent the leaves fluttering and flaming.
"You know of Them?"
A nod. Yes.
"What of them?"
Knowledge. Personally knowing of Them.
"Are - They like you?"
A nod. Yes. Anger.
"Later. I will go now."
The flaming leaves fluttered and swirled around the figure, forming a flaming whirlwind. Zanzibar lingered, watching. As the leaves settled, empty air met his eyes. Sharrakamov was gone.

Saturn of the green eyes had given up her surname. She was just Saturn now, and she had earned enough to buy the Saret. Now she was setting out for the far reaches and dangerous jobs of the Idelo System. Her former boss had been sorry to let her go, but her resolve and attitude had toughened, and she was physically the best she'd ever been. And as time progressed differently in the Shentere, it had actually taken only two weeks. And now - she was ready.
The Saret was a battered, oddly streamlined Besrixiil XIV that resembled both Guardians and Protectors with a touch of Darkspray in there somewhere; bits of all the best. She ran like the wind, had a Darkspray's stunning maneuverability and was well armed. Thr Besrixiil ran on a fusion drive like Darksprays, but could be powered with solar. In all, it was a very efficient setup.
And it was all hers!

Saturn growled and slammed her hand on the armrest of her chair. "What?!"
"Repeating message. The Idelo System is in quarantine; you may not pass."
"By all the ill-begotten systems, why?"
She knew the answer, of course. An epidemic was loose, and the officials feared that it would spread. Hissing, she turned the Saret and moved away from the system's border, back into the Scorpti system. So much for that. Maybe Xdetra?

Wild Angel woke to the sound of the Webmaster's warnings. She wondered distantly why her neck had a crick in it before realizing that she was still in the pilot's chair.
"Wha'?" She sat upright and peered at the readouts, still in a state of half-asleep confusion. Slowly she realized what they meant.
Dreamily she looked at the visuals. What she saw there snapped her to abrupt wakefulness like a pitcher of cold water poured down the back of her neck.
A giant, stationary ship that would have dwarfed the Conquerer turned slowly on a rotating axis. It was the color of wet steel, and the legend on the side proclaimed it to be Yelantra Sentry. The bow was long and slender, sleekly gleaming. About one hundred and fifty feet back it flared out into a ever growing triangle. On the bottom of the hull, another, shorter protrusion that joined to the original seemed to be a gunning station. The entire thing was made of the wet, lusterless steel, except for the command centers, which were opaque black glass. And - the Webmaster was slowly drawing closer ...
That was some tractor beam, but Angel's ship had reserves of power that most could only dream of. Giving it the throttle, she built up speed and suddenly wrenched aside - and was soaring free, back the way she had come. At a safe distance she turned and watched the Sentry, shaken. It was as mysterious and impenetrable as the Deathless Ones ...
Which gave her an idea.
Kaz

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2001, 04:27 PM
Mental cliffhanger!!! What's the idea?!

Dec 31, 2001, 12:18 PM
?

Frankly, Kaz, I'm still working on that.

Say, does anyone know why, when Shade posts once, she can't post again, and neither can I? Is most frustrating.

Jass scowled at Captain Tsai Rtyra's back. Why had she requested him of all people?
She was on the bobbing dock, supervising the Suun's unloading. Finally she turned to him.
"The Kiyan Saranai is ready. Shall we go?" He nodded, displeasure clouding his ice blue eyes. She smiled mischieviously, which only made him scowl harder. Her grin widened as she saw how disgruntled he was, and he glowered at her.
"Come on," he said irritably, and still smiling, she followed him to the Starblown.

Claw was once more installed "indefinitely" in the gunner's seat, with Coppertop comfortably grown into the pilot's chair. Resignedly he prepared himself for the next crazy adventure. Not that he didn't enjoy the company, but last time he'd almost gotten killed and he didn't relish it.
They were headed for Vanargala, as Copper insisted that they find Nightshade. After all, she'd participated in Kroys's downfall, hadn't she? And so here they were, orbiting one of Vanargala's three moons and waiting for permission to land.
Vanargala may have been a rainforest planet, but its moons were balls of ice. They were hovering above Drant at the moment.
Finally the word came, and the Assassin landed delicately on the ice-patched pad. Copper lowered the boarding ramp and released the airlock, and Claw narrowed his eyes as a blast of freezing air hit him full in the face. Turning a disgusted look on Copper, he rose and gingerly left the Assassin. Coppertop grinned at his discomfort, and trotted over to the top of the ramp, only to be knocked down it by a shivering Kaz. Muttering dire curses and promising only the most exquisitely painful future for Copper. Shinyso shrugged and started down the ramp, and a frozen Blacksheep followed him. She slipped on the by-now icy ramp and fell, sliding into Shinyso and knocking him over. The pair landed on the ground, Blacksheep hysterically laughing and Shinyso distastefully brushing snow off his fur. Phoebe appeared at the top of the ramp, looking annoyed.
"Blackie, you shouldn't be up and about. Where's your common sense?"
"Oh, it's all right, Phoebe," Kaz said cheerfully, packing a large snowball as he spoke. He took careful aim at Shinyso's back. Winding up to throw, he paused. "And besides, Wildie fixed her up when we got to the Assassin." He finished his throw, and got Coppertop in the face as Shinyso, with a wicked half-grin, moved aside. Copper shook her head violently and wiped the snow off, and Kaz tried to hide, but it was too late. She grabbed some snow, made a hasty ball and threw it with deadly accuracy at the guilty bird. It got him right on the beak, and he began throwing snowballs with no discrimination whatsoever. One hit a startled Kovu, another got Claw on the arm, and he finally managed to get Shinyso right between the shoulder blades, knocking him over again. The rest went flying off to land on the Assassin, other ships, and the passerbys. Copper shook her head pityingly as she watched the bird attempt to escape the wrath of Shinyso, Kovu and Claw.
"He's recessing," she said to no-one in particular. Ducky, beside her, nodded in agreement.
"His childhood is back again," she agreed. "Say, how are we to find Nightshade? There's three more balls of rock out there to search-" she stopped abruptly as Kaz raced over to hide behind her. Moving aside, she put him once more in Kovu's line of fire. His snowball hit Kaz square on the top of his head, laying him out. Dazedly Kaz watched the snowflakes fall, mumbling something about "yes, Mother" and cookies. Coppertop watched all this, hands on hips, with a third-laughing, third-annoyed and third-incredulous expression as Kovu pounced. Shinyso and Claw had given up the chase, although Claw had only turned and leveled his blaster and Shinyso had advanced a couple paces with his sword drawn. Kaz huddled in the snowbank, pleading for mercy, and Kovu helped him up.
"What a dirtball this place is," he observed.
"Yeah, it needs a good cleaning," Blacksheep added.
"I'm cold," Kaz chipped in, then subsided when everyone's dryest looks were heaped on him.
"Did he get enough sleep last night?" Ducky asked privately to Copper. She shrugged.
"I'm hoping that's the reason, and it's not a side-effect from that crash he was in," she said resignedly. Claw, Protec back in the holster, appeared at her side.
"Well, shall we start searching?"

Alpha had finally got a fix on the Assassin. It hadn't been easy, but the Jendara's sensors were quite good and Drant was not that far away.
Omega had remained in a drug-induced sleep. At first he had fought the drugs, but once sleep overtook him he had not wakened.
Alpha was slowly getting the hang of the controls, no easy task when she kept wanting to check on Omega. She'd put him back in the medivac, but healing was slow. So was liftoff. But once in space, any pilot could be graceful without meaning to. Sure, and any pilot can get blown up when fiddling with the controls without meaning to ...

Drant.
They were on Drant.
How incredibly ... annoying. Selantrio was typical; he hated cold. Very few of his kind could endure it, and those who could were spies. And Selantrio was not a spy.
One was not on Drant; he was on Firen. Reliable sources said that he would probably head for Medivo next, but probablies were not enough for Beren Deathwreaker.
Only complete control was enough for Beren Deathwreaker.
Selantrio, like every other of his kind, served Beren to his utmost limit. And beyond. Beren's word was law for every one of his people.
Selantrio was a Commander, and in charge of security, spies and any information that came in otherwise. And he reported directly to Beren. Few saw Beren once in their lifetimes; Selantrio supposed he would be considered the luckiest one they had ever seen. He had thought so, too, once; the luster had worn off somewhere in the first two weeks. He was still in absolute awe of his lord; he could not help that and wouldn't if he could. But daily regimes with no action wore on one's patience. And even Beren was beginning to show restlessness after the very unexpected defeat of the agents he had sent out to destroy the rabbit Omega. Selantrio had been most shocked when he learned of the agents' deaths.
Selantrio was a Deathless One.
He, like the other Deathless Ones, called himself by a different name, of course. By Beren Deathwreaker's order, no outsider could know of their special name, the one Beren himself had chosen.
It was Salenrytii, and meant the chosen. The chosen ones, chosen by Beren Deathwreaker. Any dare oppose him and the death will rate high.
One had dared oppose him.
Kroys had failed, and thus Beren's plan to rule through him had too. Now was the time for more direct tactics, now the time to strike at the galaxy and to take over quietly while they were still recovering from the blows Kroys had dealt them.
And one still evaded Beren's search.
One and many more. Blast, blast those allies and those incredible abilities. And those unknown connections.
And Omega. Selantrio's work had been most difficult when he had searched out the rabbit's whereabouts, and he had gone to great lengths to hide the agents. And all for nothing? ...
But Beren Deathwreaker did not accept failure as an excuse for nothing. Selantrio, although he had failed, could not again. He must search harder, seek those who were more dangerous.
One was far more dangerous than Omega. Far more. One who had destroyed Beren's best weapon, the human wizard Kroys.
One? No, two, three and more. But one in particular and two in general. And they threatened the undeafeatable Beren Deathwreaker.
No one could threaten Beren Deathwreaker and live. And Beren Deathwreaker had sworn to kill them.
Selantrio suspected that they had sworn to kill his lord, too.
Perhaps they had.
Selantrio turned as a Kronan, named after the 'lord' Kroys early in his reign, entered. Dog-like creatures with blunt spikes along their spines and staring, pupiless white eyes, Selantrio was always repulsed when such even looked at him. He suspected that they weren't natural.
"My lord see you. Now," the Kronan gargled. Its' voice was a mix of a hiss and a growl. It scraped on Selantrio's already raw nerves, sending shocks up his spine.
"Now," it repeated. Selantrio gave it a frosty look which it ignored.
"I heard you. Begone, foul beast. You offend my sight."
The Kronan grinned. Multitudes of yellowed fangs were bared in that grin, and Selantrio was struck by how ugly the Kronan race was once more.
"I go. But return at milord's call." The primitive, broken speech carried plenty of emphasis on "milord".
"Dismissed," Selantrio said stiffly. The Kronan grinned again at Selantrio's discomfiture, and left. And Selantrio went with all haste to Beren's centre.

Okay, more to post later, maybe tomorrow if Shade doesn't get there ahead of me. Sorry if it seems like I've dropped out, but one post per email, per day is pretty annoying.
defalcon

JCF Member

Jan 6, 2002, 04:38 PM

You said to post it in your topic, so here goes. It'll also keep it from being buried alive.

defalcon phoenix
Age 17
Male Jackrabbit

Appearance:
NORMAL
Sky blue fur with snow white undercoat (chest fur). Emerald green eyes.

TRANSFORMED
Golden fur with a snowy white undercoat (chest fur). Deep blue eyes.

Clothing:
OUTFIT 1:
Black singlet, purple long sleeved flight jacket, long grey-black pants, brown boots, thin belt with black leather pouches, black leather knuckle-gloves (fingers stick out), red headband. His prefered outfit.

OUTFIT 2:
Matrix/Angel style outfit. Dark grey shirt, black leather jacket/trenchcoat, long black pants+black boots, black leather knuckle gloves (fingers stick out).

Hair: Usually has short fur. On occasion, his hair is cut so that it has a large spikey tufft hanging out front, or his may have long hair tied back in a tail. Depends how you want him to look in your story, really.

Weapons:
-Special sling. This weapon appears as a polished leather sling, but instead of rocks it throws high-charged green energy bolts.
-Powerful set of twin blasters, grey in colour. They have many settings, including counterbeam, wide spread and explosive. They're usually too heavy for most to carry.
-Twin swords with golden blades. Only defalcon can wield them. Their handels, with a leather grip encrusted with precious gems, will sear the hands of anyone else who wields them. They enhance his power and are unbreakable. He keeps them on long scabbards on his back.

Other Equipment:
-Special stylish, sleek device that looks like a rounded, compact MP3 player. It has a holo-emmitter and acts as a mini-computer and communicator. Kept in a pouch on his belt.

SPECIAL POWERS
Flying: Whilst flying takes small amounts of energy, it is not draining unless he is completely exhausted.

Transformations: See below.

*Ki-blasts: defalcon is able to shoot numerous Ki-Beams of various forms and various power. He can do one handed and two handed energy beams and bolts.

*Hook-shot: A bluish/gold (depends on form) beam that revolves in a small circle shoots out of his palm. It has some homing capabilities, cuts through most armor and looks like the blade gun from the OEM of JJ2.

*Homing Scatter: The hands are so the bottom of the palms touch. The rest of the hand is curved outward, like there's a ball there. From the place where his palms meet, many rapid beams shoot out and home in on a target.

*Burning Attack: After some quick hand movements, defalcon holds out his hands side by side and fires a very bright beam. Or, the palms are held out with fingers facing the sky, and hands slightly curving in towards each other. Whilst extremely damaging, he uses it for distractions to follow up with more devastating attacks. Ripped of Trunks on DBZ.

*Big Bang: Okay, a blatent ripoff of one of Vegeta's attacks, but hey - it's cool. defalcon holds out a hand, palm facing the target. The thumb is folder over onto the palm and a ball of energy shoots from his hand.

*Masenko-ha: Ever watched Gohan's special attack? defalcon can do this too, and he packs a punch. Usually done in the air (jumping, hovering etc) there are 3 variations of it:
- His hands are raised above his head, one behind the other, and are then brought down to perform a two-handed blast of energy.
- Both hands held apart above head, where ball of energy forms. It can then be pegged with one hand like a tennis ball.
- One hand held with palm facing sky, other hand holding wrist. Beam is formed on upraised palm.

*Special Beam: A two-handed beam of energy. His hands are brought together and are linked by the thumbs. They are brought in front of him and a massive Ki-blast is expelled from them. His most powerful beam, can be draining depending on how tired he is.

*NOTE: If in his normal form, the ki blasts are blue. If in his transformed state then they are golden-yelow.

FORMS:
Normal form: In this form, defalcon is powerful and has his regular blue+white fur.
Transformed state: defalcon's power increases by many times. His blue fur becomes a bright gold and his power is increased by an unmeasurable amount. All of his traits, strenght, speed etc, are enhanced. This form is akin to what a Super Saiyan is in Dragonball Z.

SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
-Ace pilot, equipped with the knowhow to operate most forms of transport, fighting vehicles etc.
-Dead shot with a gun.
-Grade A swordsman, one of the best alive.
-Expert fighter and warrior.
-Able to jump extremely high, run faster than other rabbits, move extremely quickly, is extremely strong and tough. This results because of his genetic additions (see history).

HISTORY
defalcon has no knowledge of where he came from until age 17. He is one of the prototypes in a genetic experiment. His creator's goal was to clone the ultimate beiong from the DNA of a supposed god. defalcon was one of the final tests in the lead up to this. As a result of genetic manipulation, he has many extra abilities. His DNA is not wholey rabbit, but has material from several other sources.
Personality:
Whilst usually rational, defalcon can be hotheaded at times. He often sits and talks with friends, enjoying a carrot ale or two.
He has travelled through time so much that he is rarely surprised by anyone or anything. In battle, he either is conservative and careful of his moves, or is fired up and beserk.
Coppertop

Jan 6, 2002, 06:57 PM
*doubtful* Thanks, defalcon, I'll see what I can do, but I don't know where you'll fit in.

I figured out what Wild Angel's idea was. Just to tease you, I'm not posting it right away.

Enjoy, all you non-repliers! (Hey, we War Tavern writers are really getting discouraged here!)

Rrr. My part is too big! Part now, part later, I guess ...

The star-strewn wastes of deep space hold unfathomable mysteries, and few have ever been penetrated. No mortal knows where the end of space is, and many a creature has felt imestimably (sp?) small against the sheer vastness of the universe. Perhaps there is no end to space; but logic says there must be. Logic has said many things are not possible that have been conquered; likewise, things logic has said must be possible have been attempted at, and failed at. Irrationality rules in space; anything can be attempted that logic says cannot be. Likewise did Coppertop, KRSplat, Ducky, Kaz, Grath, Shinyso, Blacksheep, Claw, Alpha and Omega, Phoebe, Zanzibar, Wild Angel, Emerald Dragon, Kovu and Nightshade attempt to bring down the Empire of Kroys. Where logic said they would, ultimately, fail, they won and brought freedom back to her native lands. There was no reason why they should have won, but they did and their names will be known for generations to come as the instrument of Kroys the Evil's downfall. It took commendable courage to face such a mighty enemy, and his leigons of allies.
But even the greatest mortal has uncovered few of the secrets that the universe holds. Why do only certain types of stars support the right sort of planets for habitation? Why are there more species of creation than there are habitable planets? Why does hyperspace, illogically, take an hour where normal space would take a week? These and more cannot be answered immediately. And these and a million make creation look very small.
Nightdweller was a ship the size of the Yelantra Sentry, and the latter's sister ship. She was a maximum security ship, and was mainly run by robots, cyborgs and the occasional trusted Deathless One. She was a slaveship, holding pathetic, half-dead creatures; the remnants of an amazingly advanced civilization that had flourished on the fifth planet in that system, the planet that Nightdweller orbited. She was called Raxizil, and the remaining Raxans would have been scoffed at by their forefathers. The ancient Raxans were warriors born, but they had slowly, inexplicably begun to decline until they were a simple matter to conquer. So Beren Deathwreaker had pounced on the lush, verdant world of Raxizil, and enslaved the Raxans three years ago.
They were not alone in this outrage. Countless, isolated worlds had fallen prey to Beren Deathwreaker; when he struck they fell. It was as simple as that. Those that dared oppose him were cut down, and cruelty was lavishly applied to the innocents.
It was Emerald Dragon's luck to have been on Raxizil when Beren had struck. She had been on the run ever since, hiding in the ripe, beautiful forests in the far reaches of the world. Raxizil was not completely subdued; bands of such rebels hid in the impenetrable forests and wildernesses and practiced hit and fade maneuvers. And Emerald Dragon had joined them.
The band; the Saravzan.
The members; rebels who had always bucked the system, fighting to uphold the ancient laws of the warrior.
The uniform; polished chain mail, and black. Simple white shirt, black pants, black jacket, black knee-high boots, black cloaks. Buckles. Wrist spikes if you liked, or maybe steel inlaid bootsoles.
The weapons; sabers. Two to a member, and keep them in good condition or you're dead. Perhaps a bootknife or two if you really felt nervous. Blasters? Why bother? They were slow; you couldn't use them in close quarters; and while they were neater, sabers, the Sarav felt, were more efficient. If you needed a blaster you were incompetent.
The location; urban. The Sarav had never believed in "hiding in the wild". You could do so much more damage from the cities. Or so they said.
And the goal; to free Raxizil, or so they said. Emerald Dragon suspected that they enjoyed having the Deathless Ones to fight. Life would be boring otherwise.
The Sarav were mixed races. The leader was a wildcat with slitted green eyes and permanently flattened ears. His name was Scimitar. There were the occasional squirrels, and once in a while a wolf would show up. The majority were rabbits. The Sarav's pride was the lone Fader who was their true leader; even Scimitar listened when Venomarin had something to say, which she rarely did.
And Emerald Dragon was one of them.

Okay, so it's not too exciting, but it's just part of a whole. Reply! Or else I won't continue
defalcon

JCF Member

Jan 6, 2002, 09:02 PM
Yay! More! More I say! Good stuff! You'd better continue. Since Kovu won't write anymore Surreal, this is all we have left!

What's this about 1 post per day?

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 6, 2002, 11:02 PM
I used to read this, but at some point there was a very long gap between parts, and I forgot what/who everything/one was/is, and so reading it isn't quite as fun as before. (Yes, I feel guilty!)

Jan 7, 2002, 02:40 PM
!

What? Unknown Rabbit has replied to my story? My life's quest has been fulfilled! *expires*
Okay, not really, but I really didn't expect to see you here ... welcome to the world of Conquests, Unknown ...

Kove's not continueing? I draw your attention to this post from him, my dear JCFers ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Kovu aka Alec
yea, but don't worry, I won't let Apokallyipsis die without being finished.

Goodness, Copper, goodness on a plate of Sa--

nevermind...(inside joke)

but anyway, spiffy, indeed.
Okay, got that over with. Now for the STORY!!

Scimitar glared at the young squirrel. The fierce wildcat knew that the only way to keep the band together was to keep absolute authority, and this rebellious squirrel had been raising dissent. Venomarin stood silently behind him, her white robe shining silver in the moonlight that slanted through the jagged edges of the broken window. It glinted off Scimitar's steel armor and caressed his namesake scimitar with gentle light. The silver edges on the black weapon flared as he shifted it.
The Sarav were divided for the first time. The squirrel's followers, mostly other disgruntled squirrels, were beside him. The other Sarav ranged silently behind Scimitar and Venomarin, faces shadowed and weapons drawn. Venomarin was murderous: the empathy waves rippling out from her almost overwhelmed the closest Sarav.
"Well, if you don't want to be part of Saravzan, then the matter's settled," Scimitar said softly. "Is it not?"
"How so?" countered the impetuous squirrel. His name, if Emerald recalled correctly, was Razect. Scimitar's eyes narrowed with caged fury.
"If you aren't for us you're against us," he snapped. "You don't want to be Sarav, leave. If you don't do it willingly, I will have Venom escort you." Venomarin shifted her position. No one doubted that he would carry out that threat, but there wouldn't be much left of the rebels if Venom had her way.
The squirrel looked nervously at Venom before glancing back at Scimitar.
"I didn't say I'd leave," he countered. "I'm just sick of your bossing and ordering us around. How'd you get to be leader anyway?"
"The Sarav chose me after Fastan died. Off subject anyhow. If you don't like my leading, start your own band. Then you would have absolute authority ... unlike now."
"I didn't say I was going to leave-"
"Then why are we having this discussion? If there's no separation there's no problem. Is there?"
At that Razect lost it. His fury and frustration tumbled out, and the Saravzan band savagely moved closer. Only Venomarin remained. The Fader shimmered slightly as the Sarav stepped forward, and moonlight flashed on blades.
"Of course there is! I'm sick of having all these nighttime excursions, creeping out of our holes and fleeing when the day comes! The Nightdweller doesn't consider us dangerous; how can they when they never see us? You're always telling us that we've got to free Raxizil, and then you ignore us when we want action. What kind of a leader are you?"
Scimitar reigned silently as Razect attempted to tear him down, build him back up and tear him down again. Eyes half closed, he looked half-asleep. He flicked his cloak unobtrusively towards Venomarin, and she understood.
Unseen to the freedom fighters and the rebels, Venom shimmered again. Nobody noticed as she vanished, leaving only a patch of light in her wake. And only Scimitar reacted when she materialized behind the ranting squirrel.
"You're quite finished now?" he said sharply, cutting Razect short. The squirrel glared back into the wildcat's baleful green gaze.
"You-"
"-Are no longer Sarav. I said before, I believe, that if you didn't leave willingly Venomarin would do it?"
On cue the rebels drew back. One gasped, and Razect whirled. Venomarin towered silently over him, her cowled head bent. Although the moonlight shone directly inside her hood, the darkness radiated from where her face might be. Emerald, released from her trance, freed her sword hopefully. Scimitar glanced sideways at her and shook his head slightly. Venom swayed, and a wind rose from nowhere. Leaves that had littered the floor for years stirred, fluttering in the keening wind. Cold dark fear seeped towards them indiscriminately, as if in tendrils of black shadow. Razect was drawing his saber, but the leaves swirled about him and obstructed any veiw of him. One of the rebels collapsed, and a gentle Sarav tried to comfort her.
The leaves flashed fire, reflecting not only the moonlight but the raging glory of the sun, and the fury of Venom that any should defy Scimitar. All Sarav knew that she was devoted to him - something to do with a life-debt turned to a friendship. She would protect him and any loyal to him to the end, and nobody wanted to test her. As the leaves rose, the wind intensified and so did the light. Weapons blazed with it, and many Sarav shielded their eyes.
Abruptly the wind died and the crisped, singed leaves settled once more. Venomarin stood, silent in her smoke-white cloak, resplendant in moonlight.
Razect was gone.

Right. If Fquist can help me, I'll be able to post more, defalcon ... that means more story
All for now, enjoy!
defalcon

JCF Member

Jan 8, 2002, 05:40 PM
Woohoo! 'Nother chappie! Yay!
I should add a 'I love Conquests' thing to my sig!
Coppertop

Jan 8, 2002, 07:22 PM
Exclamation

You did, too! At last, my TRUE fan *glares at all the nonrepliers*
Just for you, I'll post my part. Maybe it'll induce all those people out there who AREN'T REPLYING to reply ...

It was amazing, Kovu mused, how one could be so cheerful and still be ready to fight at a moment's notice. Nightshade was laughing loudly with Ducky. It was also amazing, he thought, that Coppertop trusted her. He wouldn't ... but after all, he'd only seen her once before.
The young, pretty black rabbit had startlingly deep blue eyes. It was strange how all the beautiful, young females that he met were mercenaries, and Nightshade was no exception. She couldn't be more than twenty, and had a strange way of dressing. He had skeptically noted her silky black dress, but not so skeptically noted her hundreds of knives, and her sword. Small pouches carrying unknown substances hung at her dark grey belt, a belt that matched her eartips, paws and tail. She strode freely over the snowy ground, Ducky explaining her staff's properties and Nightshade pretending to listen. Grath was nodding as Ducky talked to a deaf audience, and Kaz made a smart remark every third line or so. This earned him many annoyed looks from Ducky, and eventually Coppertop rescued Nightshade. Claw, as always on such adventures, was silently watching the friends. Copper took Nightshade aside, and the mercenary joined them. His fur was dusted by a light sprinkle of snow, and his red eyes were trained on Nightshade's face. It was clear that he didn't trust her, even if she had saved Copper's life, and, probably, his.
"Well, what did you want from me?" demanded Nightshade. Claw glared at her, but Copper merely looked exasperated.
"Have you not heard a word that I've said? You're in mortal danger. The Deathless Ones have probably already targeted us, but Claw says that he hasn't seen many that like cold. So we might be safe - for now. Since you helped kill Kroys, we've tried to return the favor and save you from certain doom. Get my drift?"
"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Look, I been on my own for most of my life, 'kay? I think I can take care of myself. I don't have any ties with you, and no loyalties. I only came with you 'cause you made me, see."
"No ties - so why did you kill Kroys?" Copper shot back.
"'Cause I don't like seein' the bad guys win, see. If I thought he was right, I'da left you to the wolves, so to speak. But I didn't, an' here we are - " she spread her arms and shrugged. Claw might have rolled his eyes, but it was hard to tell. He looked exasperated and annoyed, anyhow, as he shook his head and half-turned away.
Ducky, who had heard the last part, marched up, brandishing her staff fiercely. Kovu, who had tailed her with Shinyso, gave the latter a wry half-grin.
"Fine, so get yourself killed. We only came half-way across the galaxy to see if you were okay and save your life. We only wanted to help you, and keep you from the tender mercies of the Deathless Ones. And you turn us down. So fine, we don't care anymore. We'll try to save the galaxy on our own, and when we fail because we needed more help, we can blame it all on you. That's if we, and you, are still around. Go your own way, I don't care. This wasn't my idea. But I saw the sense in it; if we don't do something the galaxy will be worse off than if Kroys lived. But if you, like a multitude of others, decide to turn a blind eye to our efforts, you might as well be saying that you hope the Deathless Ones win. But the thing about 'bad guys' is that they don't care where your loyalties lie. You're a rabbit; they kill you. Simple as that. In the long run, with the right help, we'll win. But while we might be making you lose a bit of money, you'll gain it all back. What good are credits, after all, to a dead mercenary? Answer that, if you can," she finished triumphantly. Nightshade looked stunned, and Copper nearly cheered. Claw grinned at the thief's discomfiture, and Kovu and Grath traded knowing looks.
"Who - we - I - what?" she spluttered.
"Just what I said," Ducky said promptly. Nightshade looked ashamed.
"Well ... I guess I could. I did've a prospective, um, victim in mind, but I guess he c'n wait." She turned to Ducky. "Congratulations on convincing this thief, Greyrabbit. Not many can do that, y'know."
"So you'll come?" Kovu pounced. Nightshade grinned dryly.
"I guess so, huh? Score one for Greyrabbit."
Ducky grinned self-consciously. The snow attempted to block the sunlight, but it didn't matter. The Assassin lay waiting, and Nightshade was with them. Only - what, five more friends to find? Alpha and Omega, Wild Angel, Zanzibar and Emerald Dragon. That wasn't much.
Claw looked almost cheerful as he trotted over to where Shinyso stood. He held a whispered conference with him, before heading for the Assassin-
"Oy! Coppertop and crew!"
A familiar chestnut Darkspray was settled on the snowoy ground a short distance away. A suited figure was striding towards them, removing her helmet as she did so to reveal bloodred fur with matching eyes. A smile lit that face, and she supported another suited figure, this one limping.
"Alpha," Copper said warmly, no doubt remembering how instrumental she and her brother had been. She strode forward, paw outstretched. Alpha shook it, still smiling.
"I've been scouring the galaxy for you, mercenary. Drant, though!"
"What happened to Omega?" Coppertop queried, indicating the other. Alpha's face fell.
"He ... was attacked. I haven't gotten much more out of him, but-"
Omega cut her short by carefully removing his helmet. He looked up slowly, and his eyes fastened onto Copper's bemused face.
"So they haven't gotten you yet, you old gunslinger. I might have known that Beren wouldn't find you that easily. But he'll be looking," he said. Coppertop stared at him, trying to organize her thoughts. Foremost was this is who we've been looking for! Omega has the information that we need!
"Beren? So that's who's been trying to kill us off? What happened to you?"
"Long story. Y'll take us, too?"
"Of course," she said distractedly. "Grath, uh ... Shinyso, take the Jendara to Carrotus, will you?"
"Aye aye, cap'n," Grath said, saluting. Shinyso rolled his eyes resignedly. As he followed Grath onto the ship, he could be heard muttering, " ... Can't imagine what's gotten into her ... "

The Saret was in trouble. The vessel's engines were failing fast, and her air supply was short. Saturn, her dark hair cut short and her green eyes frantic, attempted to shut down the engines to conserve power, but her craft was no longer responding. Hissing with helpless frustration, she slammed her fist onto the control board.
"Blast! If I lose my ship, these guys'll have a lot to answer for!" A rocking explosion made the Saret shudder. Gasping now for breath that would not come, Saturn raced down the corridor for the escape pod. It was large enough for one to pace, and she did so energetically while waiting for the small turbine engines to kick in. A roar filled her ears, and rosy light washed over her from the porthole as the Saret was consumed. Saturn was thrown free, and in a moment was tumbling through star-studded space. The explosion that followed them was quite spectacular, but Saturn didn't see it. For when the pod had thrust forward, she had fallen and hit her head violently against the wall, rendering her unconscious ...

Well, more later (of course ) so bye for now.