Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

Conquests

Kaz

JCF Member

Kaz has disabled reputation

Feb 13, 2003, 06:25 PM
I claim the seventh page !!!! MINE )=7!!

JCF Member

4I Falcon has disabled reputation

Feb 13, 2003, 06:33 PM
I steal the page, because I'm mean.

No hard feelings, Kaz...?

*is blown up*

RABID CRAZINESS FOLLOWS.

"I like driving an automatic, because I can do this." *revs engine* "You like driving a manual?" "What did I say?" "Automatic." "I like my... automatic, uh, arm... it changes the shift-gear on my, uh, manual." - 4IF vs Ken

WT (un)masterpieces:
Enter: Jack Flash
System of Turbulence
Profile count: disabled.

Galbadia Hotel: your one-stop shop for all your VG music needs!
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Feb 17, 2003, 01:21 PM
But ... but ... but you ALWAYS get it! *sob*
Oh well. At least I have one.
7 pages, and a sheaf of paper to go ...

Kovu snickered as the Nightdweller broke apart before the engines detonated. All three Jakkas were utterly destroyed, leaving no trace behind, unlike the Conquerer which still hung above Firen, a gutted cargass. Word was that the Firenzev were turning it into an observatory.
All that remained was the Venomstrike, scarred and battered and still moving, and the small starfighters that still battled.
Moving? It was supposed to be staying still! If if left now, Copper would be trapped on board with her small team.
"Evaluator?"
- I am here. -
"Can you stop the Venomstrike?"
- Nope. -
"Er, why not?"
- Engines aren't working. Can't shut down what isn't started up. -
"Then how in the name of Jazz is it moving?"
- Magic, - came the prompt reply. - I take it your friends haven't found Beren yet? -
"I guess not. We need to stop that ship!"
- Gotcha. I will be back. -
Evaluator was gone, and Kovu switched to the Sarav comm channel.
"If anyone here knows magic, we need it now ..."

Iceltai was a wolf, white as the ice on Keenrei. His ship, Tarron Kir, curved around to slide in beside the Vortex Crawler.
His icy green eyes bored into Kovu from the visual screen, but the civil tone in which he spoke shattered the image of hostility generated by his cruel features, stark black clothing and gaze.
"Create a barrier, yes, that is basic magic. Easy enough. Create a barrier, wide and thick enough to hold the ship, harder. To hold it for long - well, I do not know. They may punch through it."
"You only need to hold it for a couple of minutes."

Pirelann's attention was caught by a flickering console by the door. As soon as she looked at it, words formed.
- Are you a traitor to Beren's cause? -
"What would that matter?"
- Are you a friend to ... - a pause - us Raxilians? -
"Yes."
- It moves. -
She looked out the viewport.
- The Venomstrike moves. -
She could see the lines of power, like a magnet, drawing the ship along. Even as she watched, a barrier like a net slowed the Jakka but began to weaken.
- You must stop it. -
"I will."
- Good. Goodbye. -
"Wait."
- What? -
"Who are you?"
A pause.
- I am the destroyer of the Yelantra Sentry and Nightdweller. -
"No. What is your name?"
- They call me Evaluator. -
The screen flickered and went blank.
Pirelann turned her attention to the ship. Stretching her power out, she snapped the lines and "nailed" the Venomstrike in place.
When she was certain that it would not move, she withdrew and masked herself. Beren did not yet know that she had even survived.
She vanished.

Selantrio fumed in silence. Despite the combined efforts of the Deathless Ones, one Fader had been able to thwart them all. The Venomstrike remained firmly in place, and they could not magically transport it now.
And Beren was nowhere to be found.

Tha's all for today, my internet time is up *cries*
Seeya all later.

Last edited by Coppertop; Feb 20, 2003 at 01:19 PM.
Evaluator

JCF Member

Evaluator is doing well so far

Feb 17, 2003, 01:28 PM
This story is really awesome!

I wonder where Beren is right now He is hiding

Eval
Kaz

JCF Member

Feb 17, 2003, 01:36 PM
All your page are belongs to us.

Ooh! CONTINUE!!! NOW ;p.
Coppertop

Feb 18, 2003, 08:58 AM
He is waiting

Coppertop hesistated before a large black door. Claw followed her gaze and knew why.
A tall black lizard slunk towards them with liquid grace. Claw knew this type - Omega had posed as one of them, Commander Flairang. The original Flairang had not been much different from this one.
He wore a long, curving saber and his eyes (dark, beady and alert) were fixed on Shinyso.
Shinyso stepped forward, tensed and ready for combat. Tersely he handed Copper the locator before he drew his sword.
The lizard stopped and hissed. His sword remained in the sheath.
"You are they whom have sslain my Katarvin."
Huh?
"My death lizardss are gone," he continued. "I am the lasst." He drew his blaster and dropped it before he drew his sword. "I would do battle with you."
"We don't need this," Copper hissed. "We haven't got the time!"
"I'll deal with this, mercenary," Shinyso said darkly without looking at her. He handed Kaz his own blaster, before saying, "go. I can take him."
"Right. Let's go, guys. Shinyso can handle this. We've got to find Beren."
Alone, the pair faced each other, ready for any attack. The lizard hissed softly, sword moving in a defensive dance. Shinyso raised his own blade. It caught the light, hoarding it jealously like a dragon hoards gold, glowing like a silver flame. The combatants circled, wary and guarded.
With a clang, the black door closed.

They had found the pentagon. They hadn't found Beren.
Copper studied the ceiling for a moment before glancing sharply at the door.
It was gone.
Torches flared up, ice blue and blood red, before going out. Shale began to glow green and white and gold, throwing flickering shadows across the intricately carved floor.
Out of the darkness, a glowing form launched itself at her, and automatically she side-stepped and slashed. The glow vanished as the creature parted company with its' lower half. In a low voice, she gave her instructions.
"Kaz, you have two blasters. Take out those creatures as they come. Ducky, stick next to Wild Angel. Zanzibar, stay by the ... door. Claw, follow me."
In the darkness, Ducky was clearly visible as she moved. Copper tossed her black cloak over, and the light vanished as Ducky donned it. Shale dimmed at Copper's request and went out.
The darkness lightened, becoming a hazy, dim grey. It was enough to see by.
Enough to see the large dark figure in the middle of the room.
Enough to see that they had found him.
Beren Deathwreaker.

Now I have to type some more.
Evaluator

JCF Member

Feb 18, 2003, 09:08 AM
This thing is c00l

Please CONTINUE!

Eval
Coppertop

Feb 18, 2003, 09:25 AM
*growls* You never give me enough time! Later.

I missed the bus today, and my mom can't drive yet. Yikes.
Evaluator

JCF Member

Feb 18, 2003, 09:27 AM
Well, I'm just fast

Eval
4I Falcon

JCF Member

Feb 18, 2003, 02:01 PM
I'd say more along the lines of an evil stalker of this thread.

RABID CRAZINESS FOLLOWS.

"I like driving an automatic, because I can do this." *revs engine* "You like driving a manual?" "What did I say?" "Automatic." "I like my... automatic, uh, arm... it changes the shift-gear on my, uh, manual." - 4IF vs Ken

WT (un)masterpieces:
System of Turbulence

4I Falcon

JCF Member

Feb 18, 2003, 02:02 PM
Hah! I replied before you did!

W00t! *is shot*

RABID CRAZINESS FOLLOWS.

WT (un)masterpieces:
System of Turbulence

Kaz

JCF Member

Feb 18, 2003, 03:42 PM

O.o. Waiting, just waiting quietly...
Coppertop

Feb 19, 2003, 12:30 PM
Wait no more ...

Zanzibar kept one hand on where the door used to be, while the other strayed automatically to the talisman around his neck. He could feel Sharrakamov waiting, ready for his call.
Not yet. Wait a little more.
A surge of impatience that was eclipsed by acknowledgement and agreement emanated. Somehow there seemed to be more than one, for Sharrakamov was possessed of infinite patience and calm, and not prone to unnecessary thoughts or emotions.
He watched as Wild Angel made a quick pass with her hand, with the result that Claw's metal claws began to glow white-hot. The pair moved in synch, Claw advancing from the side as Copper backed off. Another movement from Wild Angel and the lighting brightened erratically, flickering slightly.
Then Copper slid forward and slashed sideways with lightning speed, but Beren seemed to become insubstantial and her sword oassed right through him. She skipped back quickly for the move had taken her too close to Beren for comfort.
Zanzibar had been nervy ever since Copper had suggested taking Beren on. Fear for Rroyvan held him back - what could happen to his brother if the Deathless Ones got wind of his hooking up with Copper? Yet the urge to do something was irrisistable, and he owed them for getting him out of prison anyway.
Now he was feeling a bit superfluous - a door marker was better than dead, but still ...
A threatening rumble drew his attention back to the present. Beren had gone on the offensive and a piller of rock rose beneath Copper's feet, rising with great speed. She dove aside and rolled to her feet just as the pillar hit the roof with a crunch. By Claw a shaft went straight down; it was apparent that he had simply stepped aside when the ground had begun to sink.
A desperate glance to Angel elicted another spell, causing a large trench to open beneath Beren's feet. At a careless wave from the Deathless One lord the earth snapped shut again, and the pillar he had raised crashed down towards the sorceress. She flicked her fingers idly and it deflected to the side, smashing to peices beside Zanzibar. He shielded his eyes with a hand as dust rose and was quickly suppressed by a bone-chilling wind that tore through the chamber, followed by a deathly silence.
Glowing lights like hyperactive fireflies zipped from Wild Angel's outstretched hand, circling Beren and surrounding him with a net or cage of golden light. A high pitched metallic hum filled the chamber before a tidal wave of darkness crashed down over the light, swamping and extinguishing it. Once more free, Beren stood silently for a moment before a dark feline creature with blue electricity wreathing it materialized in mid-leap; it sprang directly for Ducky, outstretched paws made vicious with long, wickedly sharp, hooked claws, teeth bared and ears back.
Ducky reached across and jerked the diamond dagger from Angel's belt; slashing at the feral eyes, she clobbered it over the head with her ebony staff, laying it out flat. Angel swiftly made a glowing cage of yellow-green energy around it; within moments it rose and began to pace, making odd sounds like a cross between a mew and a growl. Ducky grimaced and handed Angel her bloodied dagger.
A swarm of bat like creatures dropped down on Angel as a dark shadow slithered towards her; Ducky guarded the magic-user with her staff. Beren stood motionless as the bats attacked - but as each touched Angel's shield they became tiny black butterflies that vanished into the darkened corners. Ducky jabbed as the living shadow with her staff and it recoiled. As the Sparif shard touched it it dissolved into nothing with an ear-piercing keen.
Now Beren moved. Making a motion as though he was throwing something aside, shards of ice-like glass flew towards the comrades but vanished before it reached them. Copper brought her sword up defensively; Claw moved to the side nervously.

End on a cliffhanger! Mwahahahaha!
Coppertop

Feb 19, 2003, 12:33 PM
Hah, I got here before Eval did!

In the Vortex Crawler, Kovu rose. Something was very, very wrong here ...
He drew his golden sword and brought it up in front of him defensively. It vibrated suddenly, and he turned slightly.
A sharp pain in the side of his neck made him wince slightly. He shook his head and put out a hand to support himself. Then with a sigh, he slid to the floor, unconscious.

Saturn grimaced, hot anger in her eyes, as the Moonblaze skittered quickly through the dogfight towards the Venomstrike. Her destination was the black-shadowed, glassed-in control rooms of the Jakka - it would take about ten minutes to reach it at full speed.
She could wait.
She would wait.

The Venomstrike shuddered violently from the impacr of a missile. Most of the fighters kept their balance easily, but Wild Angel was taken by surprise. She staggered, and then another tremor threw her off her feet and onto the floor. Sprawled on the cold, carved metal floor, she looked very vulnerable.
Beren clearly knew better, because he directed his next attack on Claw. A pulsing net of green and black energy settled over him, and contracted until he could not move from the place.
Fury and insane strength freed him; his flowing claws slashed the net to pieces. Once more free, he ducked to the side as a large chunk of stone dropped where he had been standing.
A welcome distraction came in the form of Wild Angel. Still on the floor, her fingers were splayed in a puddle of liquid flame. The other hand was outstretched and as the puddle shrank, a fireball formed on her fingertips. It shot towards Beren, but was intercepted by a smaller, second figure.
Selantrio had arrived.
Evaluator

JCF Member

Feb 19, 2003, 12:45 PM
Well, I'm here too

And: /me *likes* this story

Eval
Coppertop

Feb 19, 2003, 12:57 PM
More tomorrow, don't worry ...
Kaz

JCF Member

Feb 19, 2003, 03:12 PM
Hah! This reply came before Evaluator's next and Copper's Previous!
Kaz

JCF Member

Feb 19, 2003, 03:19 PM
Gotta love those summoning spells ;p. Radium catching all this?

>.> left us hanging, that's okay. I have work to do, but I'll still check hourly for updates XD.
Coppertop

Feb 20, 2003, 01:03 PM
Lol, oops; spelling error. "flowing claws" should be "glowing claws" ...

Two Deathless Ones vastly outmatched one mage and two warriors who couldn't even touch their enemies with their blades. This was a problem.
Zanzibar gripped the talisman so hard his fingers hurt; he felt Sharrakamov stir uneasily. He sighed and relaxed slightly.
Now.
A long sigh, like a drawn out breath.
They appeared.
He did not recognize them, but they were powerful. Beren stirred as the second one appeared, a smaller one in a dark grey cloak. The other wore a lighter cloak, and immediately began to attack Beren, leaving Selantrio to the other.
As the cat watched, he wondered what had happened to Sharrakamov.

Selantrio had arrived in time to deflect the mortal's fireball, although he did not doubt that Beren could have easily handled it himself. Now, as he faced his fellow commander Pirelann, he felt a jolt of disbelief.
*You shame all Salenrytii by reverting to your Fader form* he hissed, outraged. Once more clad in her Fader's robes, Pirelann remained serene.
*No. I shamed all Faders by wearing the robe of a Deathless One*
*You betray the Order*
he snapped.
*I renounce the Order* she responded, and to his astonishment she ringed him with flame that crept steadily towards him.
He had enough time to see that Beren had trapped the other Fader with a spiky fence of energy before the flames snatched his attention away.

Shards of blood-tarnished energy enclosed Venomarin, but with a simple tap of power the fence fell away. She knew he was testing her - she could feel his immense power. Hers would have been no match except for Sharrakamov's support. If Beren's power was a lake of energy, Sharrakamov's was an ocean - vast and clean. She drew on it to augment her own.
Beren, unlike Selantrio and Pirelann, worked in silence - no taunts, no enticements to join him. Just simple, immediate action. If he'd been anything other than a Deathless One - an enemy - she might have admired him.
As it was, she retaliated with the same efficiency. Sharrakamov was like a rock - solid and unmovable. Often she used attacks that he showed her - his knowledge was incredible.
They traded volleys of magical attacks as Beren began to try to work his will on Venomarin. His power was very insidious, insinuating itself past her defenses to whisper that perhaps, just this time, Sharrakamov and Pirelann were wrong. But the thread of reason that was so warped warned her that this was Beren's work, and he came up against an inpenetrable wall of resolve, strengthened by the pain of Scimitar's death.
Recoiling sharply, Beren retaliated by flattening her with a wall of power. She repelled it and stood her ground, reinforced by Sharrakamov's will, presence and power.
Evaluator

JCF Member

Feb 20, 2003, 01:13 PM
Lol, the spelling error is to

anyway, another excellent part of the story

Eval
Coppertop

Feb 20, 2003, 01:18 PM
Thanks

PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE!!!

Selantrio was shocked by Pirelann's skill. Intellectually he had known that she was his equal, but it had never really sunk in until now. But he recovered speedily, giving as good as he got, fot this was what Deathless Ones - and Faders - were made for and excelled in. Close combat, a matching of power, resolve and knowledge, not the remote warfare from the bridge of a flagship.
Pirelann was good - very good. But she had only her own strength to draw on, and while that may have seemed vast by the standards of the mercenary Coppertop, it was a pond next to Beren's resources - and the Fader Sharrakamov.
Another power joined Pirelann's, linking Pirelann to a stream of clean energy. He recognized it as the Carrotan sorceress, Wild Angel. She drew from the other's energy, Ducky. But in short order Selantrio had blocked them off from Pirelann, denying his foe reinforcement.
She faltered and he took advantage of the respite to appeal to Beren for a spell to hold her.
With a kind of exasperated irritation, knowledge flooded over from the Deathless One lord in an offhand manner. It was enough, and then Pirelann recovered enough to attempt another attack.
Selantrio seized the opportunity; wrestling the energies away from her, he dealt her a blow that left her (metaphorically) reeling before caging her in her own power. Unable to break free, unable to reabsorb the energy, she was trapped until he freed her.
With a gesture he banished her and her trap to an Elsewhere - an alternate dimension, time, and place. She would remain there until he came for her - to destroy her or convert her. Then he turned to deal with the mecenary.
She was not there.
After a moment of puzzlement, he discarded the idea and turned to help Beren.
With the might of two Deathless Ones, Venomarin was easily contained - Selantrio cut her spell away from her, Beren caged her. That left the most powerful of them all.
Sharrakamov.
His presence wreathed the hamber, hiding the mortal foes. Yet he was not physically there, and Selantrio waited for the surprise attack that the Fader was clearly planning.
When it came, the attack was not from the front, but from behind. Selantrio turned, then froze.
Venomarin was free, the cage in tangible shards around her. Her power, combined with Sharrakamov's, wreathed her as she gathered it.
Then she released her hold on Sharrakamov's strength, draining it away. The other Fader's presence was so strong, shielding the mortals, that Selantrio never saw it coming.
In a fraction of a second, all that was left of the Deathless One was a fading vestige of power.
Evaluator

JCF Member

Feb 20, 2003, 01:25 PM
Wow

Now you are fast too This chappie is amazing

Eval
Kaz

JCF Member

Feb 20, 2003, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Coppertop
Thanks

But he recovered speedily, giving as good as he got, fot this was what Deathless Ones - and Faders - were made for and excelled in. Close combat, a matching of power, resolve and knowledge, not the remote warfare from the bridge of a flagship.
You misspelled for ;p. Eval doesn't even seem to read these chapters ;p.
4I Falcon

JCF Member

Feb 20, 2003, 03:31 PM
Rar.

RABID CRAZINESS FOLLOWS.

WT (un)masterpieces:
System of Turbulence

defalcon

JCF Member

defalcon has disabled reputation

Feb 20, 2003, 10:03 PM
Waha! Wicked chapter!
Evaluator

JCF Member

Feb 21, 2003, 02:57 AM
Kaz, I do read the chappies but I don't post spelling errors since I'm not an English teacher (and English isn't my native language...)

Eval
4I Falcon

JCF Member

Feb 22, 2003, 08:13 PM
I remember being a Living Dictionary at the Basement... *sniff* R.I.P.

Anyway, yes, escalent chapter!

RABID CRAZINESS FOLLOWS.

WT (un)masterpieces:
System of Turbulence

Kaz

JCF Member

Feb 22, 2003, 09:16 PM
Not an english teacher?! FOR SHAME!!

floating on a wobbling of thoughts... just about to tumble.
Coppertop

Feb 24, 2003, 09:29 AM
Whoops! Well, even I make mistakes sometimes ... I typed about 3 parts in half an hour, so I guess that could happen.

Beren ceased holding back his full powers, and now Venomarin was dwarfed. The Deathless One easily matched Sharrakamov in strength.
She knew that she could not defeat him. Nor could she even hope to survive the encounter.
She knew what she had to do. Sharrakamov's reluctant acceptance decided her.
With one last strike, she gathered every scrap of power she possessed, including her own essence, as the other Fader withdrew. She could not know that she blazed bright as the sun with contained power. Brighter; they could not look upon her. Then the light consumed Beren, burning him as well.
What had been Venomarin and Beren flared with incandescence, like a star going nova. A fiery shock wave rippled out, blinding Coppertop and her friends, but it never touched them. Then, as suddenly as if somebody had flipped the light switch, darkness fell.
It was not total darkness; after a few moments, Copper's eyes adjusted and she could see once more. A soft grey light filled the chamber, and a large black door stood innocently behind Zanzibar. A tall, cloaked figure stood in the center of the room.
For a wild moment, Copper thought that Beren had somehow, incredibly, survived that holocaust. But then she realized that the cloak was not black.
Sharrakamov turned and looked at the mercenary, hidden gaze meeting her own, shadowy one. Zanzibar stepped forward.
"You have done what was required of you and more, Sharrakamov. Thank you."
*I have no tie to you now. Do not seek me again ... unless your life is in danger.*
"Where will you go now?"
*I will find Pirelann. Look to your kin, Firenzev.*
"I will. Thank you."
Sharrakamov faded from sight, leaving Zanzibar and his friends alone. Resolutely he turned and opened the door. They left the room without a backwards glance.

Okie.
Coppertop

Feb 24, 2003, 09:31 AM
You're late, Eval.

Evaluator materialized in the Vortex Crawler and immediately saw Kovu, unconscious on the floor. The starfighter was on autopilot, making dizzying evasive maneuvers.
A small shard of glass-like substance clinging to Kovu's fur caught Evaluator's eye. It was no larger than a splinter. He flicked it away from the pilot, and Kovu immediately awoke. Struggling to his feet, he blinked at the strange rabbit standing in front of him.
"Uhh, who the heck are you?"
"I am Evaluator. I -" he spun around, grabbed the controls and wrenched the Crawler around. The Moonblaze shot by, barely missing them, bearing straight for the Venomstrike.
Evaluator vanished, presumably to stop Saturn from her suicide, and Kovu took the controls. A moment later, armed with magnetic pulse missiles and ions, he shot after her, trusting in the Crawler's greater speed to help him overtake his ship.

Saturn watched the Venomstrike loom closer in her viewport. She assumed that Beren was in the bridge, and she was prepared to kill herself if she could only take him with her, especially in light of what she had just found out.
Beren had driven her away from Carrotus.
Not personally, of course; but he had hired the thugs who had done it. She didn't know why, but she knew it was true. It made sense.
Dimly, she was aware that the Vortex Crawler pursued. Claw thought to stop her? She would succeed.
She had forgotten that Coppertop had Claw with her, had forgotten that they were aboard the Venomstrike.
She sped on towards her death.

Coppertop froze in startlement. She had completely forgotten about Shinyso and the Katarvin captain. Now she had cause to remember.
The walls and floor were liberally splashed with blood, but the lizard was nowhere to be seen. Shinyso was leaning against the wall, saber sheathed. He was not uninjured - he had a slash on his ribs and his left shoulder bled freely. But he clearly was the victor.
"What did you do?" she demanded, surveying the damage. He grinned ferally.
"You really don't want to know, believe me. They carted his ... body ... away a while ago. I take it you won too?"
"You could say that. We lost one."
"Looks like you're all here to me," he commented. Then, seeing Zanzibar's face, he nodded. "I see. Let's get to a hangar and call Shonar."
"Wait!" Zanzibar stalled them with a frantic call.
"What now?"
"There are prisoners here ... I mean, we should free them, right? I mean ... oh, blast. My brother Rroyvan is here! Beren caught him to use him against me but it didn't work. I've got to get him off!"
"Right. Where is he?"
"Top outside levels, where they'd be the first to go."
"Good. Where's a turbolift?"

There you go.
Coppertop

Feb 24, 2003, 09:47 AM
Still reading it, eh, Eval?
Evaluator

JCF Member

Feb 24, 2003, 09:55 AM
Weeha!

Hey, I can't eat and write at the same time !
Anyway this story is awesome and I'm still replying faster than the others

Eval
Coppertop

Feb 25, 2003, 02:35 PM
Yeah, you are.

Emerald Dragon watched in satisfaction as the Deathstorm Fleet was reduced majorly in size. Many of those who had been recruited by Beren surrendered, and some mercenaries had fled. The Sarav - her Sarav - were still going strong; the rough hundred she had started with was barely scratched. Maybe ten had died, including Scimitar and Ferran.
Abruptly, the buzz in the back of her mind that was Venomarin stopped.
A second later, the Kronans, Protectors and remaining mercenaries surrendered en masse.
"Round 'em up. Iceltai, take over. I'm headed for Scimitar's Pride."
"Got that, Dragon. Destroy the resistance?"
"Whatever. Dragonfire out."
She sped towards the Swordblade.

Newly reunited with his brother, Zanzibar was the happiest he could ever remember being.
There were few prisoners - Beren had preferred not to take captives. They freed them all and most of them left to claim ships from the abandoned hangars.
Finally, only two prisoners remained - Rroyvan and a young female Firenzev. She was striped orange and black, and wore a black jumpsuit.
"Zanzibar Sia?" she said quietly. "I am Jerrana Tikan. Are you going to Firen?"
"Uh ... "
"Yes," Rroyvan said with wicked humor. Zanzibar shot him a furious look.
"I guess so. If there's any shuttles left. Why?"
"Because I would go with you. None of the others go to Firen."
"I see. Well ... "
"You can come," Rroyvan said, making Zanzibar growl dangerously. Finally he nodded, although this female was very clearly making him uncomfortable.
Copper grinned at him before saying, "there is a Cloudstaff-class shuttle a few hangars down. I believe it's still there."
"Thanks. I think. Uh, let's go ..."

Saturn watched as the Venomstrike shuddered slightly, like a wounded animal. The Moonblaze powered on, passing every other ship, but the Vortex Crawler gained on her.
- Saturn. -
Her screens weren't working; they'd all gone blank Irritably she glanced at her main terminal.
Her name flickered there.
"What?"
- Turn back, Saturn! -
"Oh, no," she muttered. "You aren't doing this to me, Beren. Not this time."
- Beren is doing nothing, Saturn. I am not Beren. -
"So you say. Get lost - I'm not listening!"
The words vanished, and the engines cut out abruptly, slowing the slip. She cursed volatilely.
- Don't make me do this, Saturn. -
She didn't answer, rather flipping the screen off. The words remained, flickering dimly, as the ship coasted onward, carried forward by momentum.

Hey, we're almost finished here.*cries*
Kaz

JCF Member

Feb 25, 2003, 07:15 PM
NO TIME FOR REVIEWING! I MUST BEAT EVAL XD!!

O.o... NOOOO (in so many aspects).
defalcon

JCF Member

Feb 26, 2003, 03:24 AM
Bwahahaha! I also beat Eval!
Awesome chapters.
Evaluator

JCF Member

Feb 26, 2003, 04:02 AM
Argh!

Well, I wasn't at home yesterday, so I couldn't reply But now I'm here again... Well, next week I'll also be away, so I won't be able to visit the JCF...

The story seems to get to the end...

Eval
defalcon

JCF Member

Feb 26, 2003, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Evaluator
Well, I wasn't at home yesterday, so I couldn't reply But now I'm here again... Well, next week I'll also be away, so I won't be able to visit the JCF...
Coppertop...come Sunday, start posting chapters like made so Kaz and I can get the replies first. Bahahahah!

Yeah, it's ending....*sniff* WAAAAHHH!
A sequel maybe, once it's over?
Evaluator

JCF Member

Feb 26, 2003, 04:38 AM
Yeah, but weeks in Europe start on Monday, not on Sunday

But I think we should get back to topic ... again ...
Kaz

JCF Member

Feb 26, 2003, 03:40 PM
Quite a good topic. And I do hope CT decides not to end it here and she'll keep it alive for wanderer's sakes.
Coppertop

Feb 27, 2003, 12:36 PM
I'm trying, guys, but it is almost over. *sniff*
And don't worry, I will make a sequel ... one where ppl can join I know you'll like that.

Shonar gunned the Lessaria and took off towards the battered Venomstrike. He was closer than Saturn and would have just enough time to pick Coppertop up and get out before Saturn suicided.
He stopped dead beside the hangar, just inside the magcon field that held the atmosphere in. Copper leapt in, followed by Claw, Ducky, Wild Angel and a blood-spattered Shinyso. A small shuttle occupied the hangar too, and even now began to hover on repulsorlifts. He assumed that Zanzibar piloted it.
"Hold on, Copper. Zanzibar, yo in the Rainstorm?"
"Yes."
"Full throttle! We've only got a few seconds before this thing goes!"
"What's going on?" Copper demanded as the Rainstorm scooted out past them and Shonar swivelled the Lessaria around.
"Saturn's suiciding. We won, Evaluator took out the Jakkas, Kovu got stunned, Scimitar got taken out and I can't stop Greeneyes. Need to know any more?"
"Yeah. What are you doing?"
"I'm going to give her a little help. Evaluator, can you rig my missiles on rapid fire?"
- Already done. You've asked me that twice now. -
"You have the strangest friends, Shonar," Copper commented as he fired every missile he had down the straight corridor that led from the back of the hangar. Then he shot out backwards, spun the ship around and the Lessaria leapt away from the Jakka as if it had been stung.
In the distance, a small shape plowed into the bridge in slow motion, just as Shonar's missiles detonated and the entire Jakka self-destructed.
The Venomstrike broke in half, the bow exploding and scorching the rear half black. The remaining half drifted, a mass of twisted, tortured metal where it had broken away, but relatively intact. It was too far from Keenrei to be caught by the planet's gravity field; eventually it would burn in the sun, if the resourceful Keenreins didn't salvage it first.
Flame washed over the Lessaria, streaking it black with soot, and then receded, leaving them intact in a field of debris. The Sarav had already left, and a few ships remained. Copper recognized them all as they moved towards her.
Star Falkon, Webmaster, Nebular Web, Jendara, Assassin, Vortex Crawler, Starblown, they were all there. Only Saturn and the Moonblaze was missing, for obvious reasons. A strange sense of relief filled Copper, to see that all her friends had survived. The grief for Jassiv, Grath, Saturn and Scimitar would hit later. The Sarav had all left, herding their prisoners towards Raxizil, two systems away.
They landed on Keenrei to switch pilots; Copper reclaimed the Assassin, Claw docked his Vortex Crawler in her ship, and Kovu claimed the Starblown as recompense for his lost Moonblaze. Wild Angel was once more in possession of the Webmaster, and Omega of the Jendara. Angel seemed shocked by the recent deaths of Jassiv, Grath and Saturn, just as Emerald Dragon had been shocked by Ferran, Scimitar and Venomarin.
Zanzibar remained in charge of the shuttle Rainstorm, and of Jerrana Tikan. Rroyvan was in his element, shamelessly playing matchmaker and alternately infuriating and embarrassing Zanzibar.
Although Coppertop had told Kaz what Grath had said about Kaz's debt, the bird was still angry, mainly because Grath had had the gall to say that he was owed anyway.
Phoebe was firm friends with Jerrana, and had decided to live on Firen as well. She had healed well from her cracked wrist, as had Blacksheep.
Blackie had decided to head back to Carrotus with Ducky and Wild Angel. Zazz and Nightshade had gone already without a word to anyone, off on their respective jobs. Alpha and Omega had gone with Emerald Dragon to check out the Sarav. Kovu ... well, Kovu didn't know where he was going, he just knew he was. The Starblown was a better ship than the Moonblaze anyway.
That left Coppertop, Claw and Shinyso. Copper turned to her companions with a wry grin.
"So, care to hang out with me for a while?"

Yeah, one more part left. Sorry, guys.