Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Trigger Issue in Episode 5: Fortress of Ruin under JJ2+

JCF Member

WaterRabbit is doing well so far

Dec 3, 2018, 09:14 PM
Trigger Issue in Episode 5: Fortress of Ruin under JJ2+

I made an N/A review discussing this, but I'm not sure it will be seen any time soon, so I thought making a thread would be better.

I'm not sure if this is a plus issue or not, but I'm having difficulty progressing in a level in Episode 5: Fortress of Ruin. I'll just repeat what I wrote in the N/A review:

"I’m not sure if this is just me but I wanted to warn that with JJ2+ the crystal puzzle on devres66.j2l (Deluge) seems to be broken. I activated the three crystals and the door still won’t open. I tested it in non-plus and it worked fine."

Not sure if anyone else encountered this issue when playing episode 5 under plus. I realize there is probably not really anything that can be done to fix it, but I just wanted to make sure people knew about it.

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Dec 4, 2018, 02:51 AM
Whether the door opens or not is semi-random every time you approach it and should be independent of game version (might be less likely with Plus due to lower frame rate). If it's closed, try leaving the area and approaching it again. You can also try reducing video settings before you approach it in order to manipulate the frame rate.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.