Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Create-A-Boss!

Iam Canadian

JCF Member

Iam Canadian is doing well so far

Aug 4, 2004, 03:44 PM
Create-A-Boss!

Yes, this has probably been done to death, and I seem to remember creating a topic like this, but topic revival is baaaaad. Anyway, this topic is rather self-explanatory. Make up fake bosses you'd like to have seen in JJ2 and describe them. I'll start it off.

Ninja Turtle:
No, nothing to do with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Anyway, this is a ninja dressed in all black generic ninja garb. He performs short hops toward Jazz or Spaz and throws three shurikens (throwing stars) upon each landing. On every third jump, upon landing, he vanishes in a puff of smoke. Small knives fall from the sky and embed themselves in the floor. They inflict two hearts of damage to Jazz or Spaz if they touch a knife. The knives land approximately two tiles apart from each other and disappear upon the ninja's next second jump. When the ninja's life meter reaches zero, he explodes and darts fly in eight directions. When all the darts fly off screen, the level ends.

Gargoyle boss:
This resembles one of the Medivo gargoyles, with the palette of the Medivo 1 tileset, until the boss is activated. The gargoyle begins to vibrate until shattering, resembling Devan in demon form, except all grey with a glowing green gem in the forehead. The gargoyle's body acts like a ricochet event except the gem, which is the only place damage can be inflicted. The gargoyle flies after you, spewing Bilsy-ish homing fireballs and lashing his long spiked tail. When his energy meter reaches about half, the gem shatters and the grey layer of armour breaks off, revealing a smaller gargoyle which is almost black. The gargoyle fights basically the same way except at about twice the speed. Now the boss can be damaged anywhere on its body. The gargoyle dies like any other boss when his life reaches zero.

Post your own!
Old Aug 4, 2004, 03:53 PM
FireSworD
This message has been deleted by FireSworD.
Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Batty Buddy is doing well so far

Aug 5, 2004, 09:57 AM
Que Passa!!!!

I made one a while ago.

Traffic Light Boss(working title.): A turtle robot who alturnates between Red Yellow and Green. He can only be hurt by the rabbit who's color he's currently associated with.
(Spaz for Red, Lori for Yellow, Jazz for Green.)

"I must be the personification of the rage to live,
hit me, dunk me, insult me, I'll still hang in there...

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
Even though I had to cheat... Thank you, The Cheat.
(RIP William Hanna)
"I claim Page 4 in the name of my sexy female self."
-Radium.

JCF Member

LittleFreak is doing well so far

Aug 5, 2004, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam Canadian
Yes, this has probably been done to death, and I seem to remember creating a topic like this, but topic revival is baaaaad. Anyway, this topic is rather self-explanatory. Make up fake bosses you'd like to have seen in JJ2 and describe them. I'll start it off.

Ninja Turtle:
No, nothing to do with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Anyway, this is a ninja dressed in all black generic ninja garb. He performs short hops toward Jazz or Spaz and throws three shurikens (throwing stars) upon each landing. On every third jump, upon landing, he vanishes in a puff of smoke. Small knives fall from the sky and embed themselves in the floor. They inflict two hearts of damage to Jazz or Spaz if they touch a knife. The knives land approximately two tiles apart from each other and disappear upon the ninja's next second jump. When the ninja's life meter reaches zero, he explodes and darts fly in eight directions. When all the darts fly off screen, the level ends.

Gargoyle boss:
This resembles one of the Medivo gargoyles, with the palette of the Medivo 1 tileset, until the boss is activated. The gargoyle begins to vibrate until shattering, resembling Devan in demon form, except all grey with a glowing green gem in the forehead. The gargoyle's body acts like a ricochet event except the gem, which is the only place damage can be inflicted. The gargoyle flies after you, spewing Bilsy-ish homing fireballs and lashing his long spiked tail. When his energy meter reaches about half, the gem shatters and the grey layer of armour breaks off, revealing a smaller gargoyle which is almost black. The gargoyle fights basically the same way except at about twice the speed. Now the boss can be damaged anywhere on its body. The gargoyle dies like any other boss when his life reaches zero.

Post your own!
You played Antman 2, right? The Ninja does act the same like in the description

JCF Member

LittleFreak is doing well so far

Aug 5, 2004, 12:37 PM
FQuist:
This boss is actually FQuist throwing cheese at you. If you damage half of his energy he makes some mysterial things and Trafton pops out of nowhere to attack you with Rating Removals. That would be the greatest boss ever.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Aug 5, 2004, 01:04 PM
Vampire Lizard: Gray lizard that clings onto walls and jumps at you, also dodging attacks to an extent. Each time you are hit, he regains health.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
Doubble Dutch

JCF Member

Doubble Dutch is doing well so far

Aug 6, 2004, 05:38 AM
Volte: An energy boss that can zap his way through walls. It attacks by coming at you real quick like a bolt of lightning [2 damage] or electrifying the ground [1 damage] Can only be injured by the bouncy bullets.

nonne amicus certus in re incerta cernitur?

/)_/)
(^.^)
((")(")
NinJazz

JCF Member

NinJazz is doing well so far

Aug 6, 2004, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam Canadian

Ninja Turtle:

Gargoyle boss:

Post your own!
How can I do own boss? It will work on Jazz2?
NinJazz

JCF Member

Aug 6, 2004, 05:51 AM
And shurikens are throwing spikes! Shakens are stars
Doubble Dutch

JCF Member

Doubble Dutch is doing well so far

Aug 6, 2004, 06:08 AM
This is create a boss you'd like to see, not make a boss for the jj2 game. Although I suppose a lot of hacking would render that possible, after all, you can create your own bosses in JJ1 to a limited degree.

nonne amicus certus in re incerta cernitur?

/)_/)
(^.^)
((")(")
NinJazz

JCF Member

Aug 6, 2004, 07:02 AM
okay, I know one:

Kunoichi Turtle (because there is only one female boss plus this one):
Uses two sais to scratch, dmg 1. When you hit her first time she throws sais to you and draws her sword. Sword dmg 1. She swings like mad within sword and then she often throws several SHAKENS; stars to you. when her energy is at smallest one, she starts throwing smoke bombs and if they hit you, you can't move, and then she continues throwing shakens. When she is only one hit left before die, she throws her sword, picks up second from her back, and then she jumps around and if you shoot she deflects every bullet, then she block few bullets so they fly back to you and then you paralyze to second, when she takes Kusari-Gama and starts messing around, and you must get flamethrower ammo those starts to drop sometime and burn her up. Then she draws knife and does harakiri, and then ninja jumps around, but he just swings sword and you must just shoot him, few times are enough.

Inu-Maru (aka Dog-Maru)
Inu-Maru is little cute dog, but if you walk closer it bites you. dmg 2. if you shoot it before the bullet is at target it barks and ninja jumps to deflect bullet (s). Then you can try what ninja guards do when you try else guns. Then, just if you wait too long kunoichi comes and takes it away.