Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

When its done...

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Feb 12, 2007, 05:06 AM
When its done...

Way back in 2003 I started a tileset aiming for something both beautiful and functional, aiming to create a set that you can use to really shape a level out of. Something that really looks organic.

It was the Toca set. (yeah, everything was Toca for me then lol). Well, I'm thinking of renaming it the Third Haven set and getting back to work on it. I think where I kind of failed on it in the past is I've tried to do much at once, and ended up getting kind of burned out on it. So I'm thinking of taking a bit of a slower but steady approach. But I really think its worth getting done, and I'd like to add another set to the community's bag 'o goodies.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...qh=sort%3Atime

New things I've added are a few animal sprites for kind of a farm setting, and a fence tile to go along with it. Some huts for a villiage. The toca/eli/ashton sprites have been updated too.

I'll try to pop into JJ2 too sometimes.

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92
Xplosive

JCF Member

Xplosive is notorious for his worthless posts

Feb 12, 2007, 09:43 AM
looks impressive keep it up.

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Feb 12, 2007, 10:28 AM
The sky looks kind of.. unhealthy. But yeah, keep it up. I definitely like the concept.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Feb 13, 2007, 12:44 PM
Hm, personally I liked the old sprite a bit more; I think the shading on the new ones is a bit light. I'd either give them a bit darker shading or change the colors used for in-game sprites so they have lighter shading too.

And personally, I like the sky D=. Faw just associates it with unhealthy because it looks like cotton candy. Does it work in 8bit color?

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.