Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJ2+ Suggestions

JCF Member

burnout92 is doing well so far

Feb 23, 2015, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
There are no models in JJ2
Sorry. I'm typed a silly thing.

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Feb 23, 2015, 02:40 PM
I think what burnout was TRYING to say was that we should make more detailed animations, which kinda seems impossible, since I think they're already detailed enough with this pallete.
But i don't know, maybe making them a little darker would do the trick... Feel free to disagree.

JCF Member

burnout92 is doing well so far

Feb 23, 2015, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Jam View Post
I think what burnout was TRYING to say was that we should make more detailed animations, which kinda seems impossible, since I think they're already detailed enough with this pallete.
But i don't know, maybe making them a little darker would do the trick... Feel free to disagree.
It was a suggestion. Don't be get seriously. If you can't do it shall be throw away this idea.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Feb 23, 2015, 04:01 PM
There's a lot of confusion in here. If tilesets and sprites' being limited to 256 colors meant that 32-bit color wouldn't be any different, then surely 16-bit color wouldn't be any different either? And yet clearly it is. 32-bit color would allow for better results when two colors are blended together (e.g. textured backgrounds, ambient lighting, translucent tiles) and even finer differences between colors within the palettes themselves. 16-bit color can't show you the difference between #010101 and #020202, but 8-bit can, and so could 32-bit.

None of that's to say it's an easy problem to solve on the technical side of things, but it's false to say there'd be no point.

JCF Member

SAMI is doing well so far

Feb 23, 2015, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnout92 View Post
Even if you make HD models? I saw in this thread a thought about of the HD models.
Making HD sprites [If its what you meant by models] is possible, but who's gonna spent a huge time on it? High resolutions will take more time to draw and it may take years to finish it. But with 256 color palette , with limited shading, it will look almost same other than being clear. [It might worth a try if the palette limit of 8 shades is increased a lot, like 32 bit shades. Then true HD sprites/models of Jazz,Spazz,lori are possible]

And yes, I agreed with Violet CLM. That makes sense. But is there any chance that setting to 32-bit color option will be in next or future versions. And [I'm pretty sure it won't happen] another question is that, will future JJ2+ version will extend the palette color limit from 256 to 32 bit?

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Feb 23, 2015, 11:46 PM
There will be no more comments about additional color options at this time.

JCF Member

Feb 25, 2015, 12:45 PM
While playing in window mode, the game only lets you to stretch the window size to maximum resolution but looses the aspect ratio (aka stretched at both sides as much as possible, worse in widescreen monitors). This sucks a lot and also you can't stretch it manually (like I want to stretch it just a little, but not fully).

In this case we should have the ability to do the following:
1] If I start stretching it by holding the pointer from the corners of the window, it should stretch maintaining the original aspect ratio (aka 4:3). So we can make the window size to that of monitor keeping the aspect ratio intact.

2] Stretching shouldn't be limited to only full or original size. Rather, we should be able to stretch the 480p window to 600p size even though the monitor/ desktop resolution is set to value more than the one I mentioned (like 1440p).

3] In case I want to make the window size back to default one again, double clicking in the title bar should make the size back to original, not the custom size one will make. That also reminds me; once you minimize the game- the minimize/maximize button doesn't work and you need to do it again by right clicking on it and selecting the desired option. This needs a fix.

4] Being thay said, you still should be able 5to screw up the aspect ratio if you stretch by holding the pointer at sides of window other than the corners I mentioned in point 1. For returning to original aspect ratio again, clicking on maxinize button should return it to original state.

I post this via my mobile. As such, there could be possible spelling mistakes/errors which I didn't notice. I'm sorry for that (incase those exists in this post). But my mobile with touch key which 8s quite small sucks like shit. Pretty much impossibl3 to write properly with it.

Last edited by SAMI; Feb 25, 2015 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Reason already mentioned in the last paragraph.

JCF Member

Feb 25, 2015, 01:44 PM
you're tottaly right. But maaaaaybe we shouldn't post any suggestions until 5.0 comes out (just my opinion)

JCF Member

Feb 25, 2015, 02:01 PM
Quote:
you're tottaly right. But maaaaaybe we shouldn't post any suggestions until 5.0 comes out (just my opinion)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMI View Post
Since, 5.0 is nearly completed, there's no need to rush to implement more new features. But we can still suggest for 5.1 or 6.0, right?.
No new suggestions will be added to latest release of plus (5.0) unless its possible to implement it before the release date (They never declared punlicly but they do made a date for releasing it which is possibly in 1 or 2 months).

But I've already mentioned before that the suggestions I'm posting after that post (See my quote above) is for future plus versions, like for 5.1 or 6.0 or whatever that comes after 5.0

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 26, 2015, 11:37 AM
Quote:
No new suggestions will be added to latest release of plus (5.0) unless its possible to implement it before the release date
Borderline tautological, but accurate.

Idle question... does anyone else think the hearts in the health display are too small at 640x480 resolution? They're the only major HUD element that doesn't get resized up from 320x240 and it kind of bothers me.

JCF Member

Feb 26, 2015, 11:59 AM
I think the hearts in the health display are big enough. Maybe we can have option to use big size health display. But should only be optional so that the default size can be used too.

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Feb 26, 2015, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
Borderline tautological, but accurate.

Idle question... does anyone else think the hearts in the health display are too small at 640x480 resolution? They're the only major HUD element that doesn't get resized up from 320x240 and it kind of bothers me.
I absolutely agree, their dimension should be changed with the resolution, or at least making them look bigger on 640x480. Thanks for asking our oppinions first.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

JCF Member

Feb 26, 2015, 12:14 PM
The normal flame thrower doesn't stick to walls while power up one does. So how about making the normal flame thrower sticking to wall? Oh, add some effects on players while in sugar rush mode (like colour glowing around the player during sugar rush).

And when the player runs- a white glowing trail appears behind him/her. What about replacing it with fur colours of the player (Like if I use green fur- it should have green trail instead of white).

JCF Member

Feb 26, 2015, 12:21 PM
Quote:
The normal flame thrower doesn't stick to walls while power up one does. So how about making the normal flame thrower sticking to wall? Oh, add some effects on players while in sugar rush mode (like colour glowing around the player during sugar rush).

And when the player runs- a white glowing trail appears behind him/her. What about replacing it with fur colours of the player (Like if I use green fur- it should have green trail instead of white).
I really like your Sugar Rush related idea. For the flame thrower bug, there is JJ2+ bug reports but I guess here's alright too.

Anyway, I'm all into this Sugar Rush thingy. I always liked the idea of a sugar rush, but it doesn't really feel "rushy" at all. The song is hyping you up, but there's no visual effects. It feels just like some temporary invincibility. To take an example, in the Mario games, when you get the star, not only that the soundtrack changes and you're invincible, but you're also changing colors. The sugar rush is a moment of total hype, a moment where you expect something like "uber speed" and going fast and destroying stuff anywhere. I don't want this to be just a boring thing, this is why I absolutely agree with SAMI.

JCF Member

Feb 26, 2015, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
For the flame thrower bug, there is JJ2+ bug reports but I guess here's alright too.
Its not a bug. They made this difference between power up and normal flame thrower intentionally so that it may look different.

Btw, about the trail thingy I mentioned in the last post- it shouldn't be only the colour of main fur, instead it should have all the colors of player. For example: My body fur is green, while the shoe color is blue, as well has the gun; then the trail should have both green and blue color.

Code:
Also Primpy, did you realize that the thread "JJ2+ Bug reports" you mentioned is for reporting JJ2+ bugs, not JJ2 bugs.

Last edited by SAMI; Feb 27, 2015 at 01:29 AM.

JCF Member

Feb 26, 2015, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Its not a bug. They made this difference between power up and normal flame thrower intentionally so that it may look different.
Ah, sorry.

Quote:
Btw, about the trail thingy I mentioned in the last post- it shouldn't be only the colour of main fur, instead it should have all the colors of player. For example: My body fur is green, while the shoe color is blue, as well has the gun; then the trail should have both green and blue color.
Yeah, that sounds pretty nice

JCF Member

Feb 27, 2015, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Anyway, I'm all into this Sugar Rush thingy.
This exists in 5.0.

This way, you can also see who has a sugar rush. It will be really fun in streetfight.

And i don't agree that the heart bar size should change. I really think this is a bad idea...

JCF Member

XxMoNsTeRXM is doing well so far

Feb 27, 2015, 03:33 AM
Quote:
This exists in 5.0.

This way, you can also see who has a sugar rush. It will be really fun in streetfight.

And i don't agree that the heart bar size should change. I really think this is a bad idea...
How did you get that image?

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Feb 27, 2015, 03:45 AM
Someone leaking 5.0 development builds. Yay for JJ2+ version usage fragmentation!

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Feb 27, 2015, 04:27 AM
Nah, I'll just wait patiently for the final 5.0 like a good boy. hehe

JCF Member

Feb 27, 2015, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMoNsTeRXM View Post
How did you get that image?
*/me puts some content so my post doesn't get deleted*

Does it matter where I got the photo as long as it's there?
And besides, we will all get the 'photo' when 5.0 is out

JCF Member

Feb 27, 2015, 05:40 AM
I've found the source of that photo. It was posted here originally:
http://jazzjackrabbit.net/?league=1&...6&page=1#16230

Posted by Shaky NL.

JCF Member

Feb 27, 2015, 09:09 AM
Unreleated but, does Shaker have 5.0?

JCF Member

shaney is an asset to this forumshaney is an asset to this forum

Feb 27, 2015, 10:45 AM
an comand that shos people that ur idle

im still alive yeah

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 27, 2015, 11:27 AM
Alt+F4?

JCF Member

Feb 27, 2015, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
Alt+F4?
The award for the best reply goes to Violet!

Quote:
Unreleated but, does Shaker have 5.0?
I think so, since he leaked that pic.

---

How long until the new version will be released? It has so many features I want to check out already! X(

JCF Member

Feb 27, 2015, 11:54 AM
Quote:
The award for the best reply goes to Violet!

I think so, since he leaked that pic.

---

How long until the new version will be released? It has so many features I want to check out already! X(
Yeah, we all want to, but it'll be soon. Just wait a little longer...
Heck I can't wait for the great updates.
The thing I'm waiting for the most is the blue bird option.
Also I think the 'flip the bird' image existed since the 4.3 release?

JCF Member

Feb 28, 2015, 02:18 AM
Add the ability to shoot with that fu*kin bird!!! I want to shoot with bird!!

Edit: Hit with frog while firing the tongue as well. Chop chop.

JCF Member

Feb 28, 2015, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Add the ability to shoot with that fu*kin bird!!! I want to shoot with bird!!

Solved?

Also, how is a tounge supposed to hurt ANY enemy...

JCF Member

Feb 28, 2015, 02:47 AM
Quote:

Solved?

Also, how is a tounge supposed to hurt ANY enemy...
I'm pretty sure the Pokemon Lickytung has the "Lick" move. It does damage.

JCF Member

Feb 28, 2015, 03:06 AM
Quote:
I'm pretty sure the Pokemon Lickytung has the "Lick" move. It does damage.
It would make the frog OP. The witch turns you into a frog so you can't destroy those blocks...

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Feb 28, 2015, 05:49 AM
Quote:
It would make the frog OP.
Damn yeah, the rabbits would be terrified if the frog showed any sign of being able to hurt others - it would kick Spazzes ass! Forget the fact he can't run or or jump nearly as much, because having any kind of offensive ability is OP.

Boring person confirmed. Oh and frogs eat bugs.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Member

Feb 28, 2015, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
Boring person confirmed.
Wow, what a burn.
EDIT: Well i think that the whole point of being a frog is to find a way to get back into a rabbit so you can kill enemies.

Last edited by Jelly Jam; Feb 28, 2015 at 09:24 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 09:23 AM
Jelly Jam
This message has been deleted by Jelly Jam. Reason: Wrong message

JCF Member

Feb 28, 2015, 11:04 AM
Well, I always felt the tongue was a tease in the first place. Perhaps we could someday ask Arjan if the tongue was originally intended to do damage or not?

JCF Member

Mar 1, 2015, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Wow, what a burn.
EDIT: Well i think that the whole point of being a frog is to find a way to get back into a rabbit so you can kill enemies.
Jelly, why do you think the frog would be OP?
-Frogs are slow;
-Frogs can't jump really high;
-Frogs can't run;
-Frogs get stuck in ropes;
-Frogs' tongue attack has a big reloading speed;
-Frogs have no special abilities;
-Frogs can't buttstomp;
-Many more other reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
Well, I always felt the tongue was a tease in the first place. Perhaps we could someday ask Arjan if the tongue was originally intended to do damage or not?
Who knows, maybe the frog's tongue was supposed to damage enemies but because the lack of time they couldn't introduce that.

JCF Member

Mar 1, 2015, 03:28 AM
Oh man, sorry for telling it in simplified way. By frog attacks I didn't mean for SP mode. I want the frog to be able to hit others in multiplayer mode. Being that said, I suggest making a "Frog hunt mode" for multiplayer like the one I found in Electron's server. Maybe improve it more. Let the frog be helpless in SP mode, but I think having the ability to attack others in multiplayer with frog will be fun [Its my opinion].

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Mar 1, 2015, 03:30 AM
We will not introduce any game mode that there are currently precisely 0 good levels for.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

Mar 1, 2015, 03:52 AM
Well, Domination is a gamemode introduced in Plus that initially didn't have levels other than Blur's example. It's still underplayed with only a handful of good levels, but that doesn't mean any unique gamemode requiring new level designs hasn't got potential.

A 'Frog hunt' based mode could be played on some battle levels, depending on slope heights and vine dependence. If you make it so that frogs tongue can damage players and at least pass through the vines, I do see potential fun there.

Then again, it would be another mode ignored by the competitive scene and played solely in events. That's alright.
Toni_

JCF Member

Toni_ is doing well so far

Mar 1, 2015, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler View Post
We will not introduce any game mode that there are currently precisely 0 good levels for.
Maybe CTF with 4 teams? There are a lot of good CTF levels, one of them must fit it!

JCF Member

Mar 1, 2015, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Random User View Post
Maybe CTF with 4 teams? There are a lot of good CTF levels, one of them must fit it!
CTF with 4 teams sounds a little bit confusing. It would also require lots of players. Also, the game would take too little time, since each team would be able to capture flags from 3 different teams. No, just no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler View Post
I've seen decent maps on Elecrton's server. I don't know if he made them or he downloaded them from J2O, but they're perfect for "Frog Hunt" gamemode. The Frog Hunt is the only multiplayer gamemode I like beside Co-op and I can't recommend it enough.