Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » Miscellaneous Stuff

The complaining thread!

JCF Member

SAMI is doing well so far

Jan 16, 2017, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
So am I. Also tired of teachers that do not comprehend that we have 5-6 other courses (that sometimes are more important) in the same day they want us to have our homework done or to have studied for their course.
In my country, to become doctor, you need A+ in maths, physics, chemistry, Social science, english , bangla along with Biology

Same with other subjects... I can't understand why I have to study 14 subjects and get good grades in all those 14 subjects if for example: I want to become doctor, where biology is only important, not aocial science ffs.

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Jan 17, 2017, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMI View Post
In my country, to become doctor, you need A+ in maths, physics, chemistry, Social science, english , bangla along with Biology

Same with other subjects... I can't understand why I have to study 14 subjects and get good grades in all those 14 subjects if for example: I want to become doctor, where biology is only important, not aocial science ffs.
Yeah, I see what you mean. But do you really need all of those things to go to whatever medicine school you want? A particular exam for each? This sounds a bit ridiculous, I do believe maths, physics (maybe), chemistry and biology are essential, of course. Maybe a foreign language as well. But the others? (A little bit off topic but I'm just curious about how does that work. )

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

JCF Member

Jan 17, 2017, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
Yeah, I see what you mean. But do you really need all of those things to go to whatever medicine school you want? A particular exam for each? This sounds a bit ridiculous, I do believe maths, physics (maybe), chemistry and biology are essential, of course. Maybe a foreign language as well. But the others? (A little bit off topic but I'm just curious about how does that work. )
Things are different here. Yes I do agree Physics is necessary in Medical science. But you don't have to be Einstein to becone a doctor. But it is like this in my country. Welcome to my country. Sucks, period.

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Jan 17, 2017, 05:53 AM
Don't get me started on mine...

JCF Member

Jan 17, 2017, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Jam View Post
Don't get me started on mine...
Start Start chop chop

JCF Member

Jan 31, 2017, 02:42 PM
The president of our country barely knows something about politics, doesn't know any foreign language (reads word pronounciatons when having a dialog with EU politicians), once sent a letter to the queen of the UK asking for help even though the queen doesn't do politics, on Serbian cyrillic, and much much more stuff that embaressed our country. The prime minister sells our companies and replaces them all with foreign ones, keeps promising things that will never happen, and does nothing about the fact that plenty of people in Serbia can't get a job unless they're perfect. My mother barely got the job she has now, and it took her 4 years. Oh and besides the president, the vast majority of our goverment acts like they never went to any school. In my country, politics is just a way to make lots of money, everyone got to their role thanks to friends or family. They try to act like they're doing something for their country, but it's perfectly clear that they give a stinking poo for it. That way people who also dont know a thing about their jobs, got their jobs thanks to their politician friend or relative, thus barely leaving spots for people that actually did go to a decent university. That's why even the smartest people are not lucky with finding a job here.

JCF Member

Jan 31, 2017, 09:51 PM
Thats terrible.

Well yeah, sucks. Gettin a job in my cointry is a pain too. Life sux, period. Wish I could just play video games all day long.

Meh, exams tomorrow amd my brain is swelling now. Sucks education and exams.

JCF Member

Aug 21, 2019, 04:02 PM
Can I complain about my entire forum posting career? In my golden days of posting here, I was edgy, ignorant, and overall, stupid as hell, and I may have also intentionaly posted some random garbage and done other things just to get on people's nerves for no real reason. Long story short, I'm sorry for my behavior.

I'd just like to say that this forum and the people who used to post here regularly taught me quite well about how I should treat people in online communities and just how the Internet works in general. For you this may just be a giant wall of cringy text, but thank you for being there for that fourteen-year-old, I guess. (And yes, there's a reason I revived this specific thread to say that)

JCF Member

Roobar is an asset to this forum

Aug 22, 2019, 01:47 PM
It's nice seeing someone walking through the path of enlightenment. Now, as a matured adult, please come more often in the discord server and teach those new younglings a lesson or two. Spread your knowledge. But seriously, in the past few weeks, the jazz discord has been turned into a mess by those teen/pre-teen/9-years-olds! The channels are flooded it with absolute garbage a lot more than needed.

JCF Member

Aug 22, 2019, 06:25 PM
Jelly Jam trying to spread wisdom? Now that would be hypocritical
Splat

JCF Member

Splat has disabled reputation

Sep 3, 2019, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Jam View Post
trying to spread wisdom? Now that would be hypocritical

Hypocrisy is not a crime.

Imagine you made a mistake or several, and you've admitted that it was a mistake.

Are you supposed to advise other people that they should also do the same mistake?

There's a saying called “Do as I say, not as I do.” (Although for this case we could say, “Do as I've said, not as I've done.”)

In other words, avoiding all hypocrisy means you're forced to recommend other people to do exactly what you did, even when you're already aware you made a mistake.

For example, let's say: you jumped off a cliff, landed in a liquor store, got drunk in public, then climbed a mountain. (Obviously, it's a bad idea to attempt any of this.) Are you supposed to tell others like: “This was an enjoyable experience, and you should try it for yourself...” ...?

Probably not. Even though it's hypocritical, you can still tell others: “Don't jump off a cliff into a liquor store and get drunk to go mountain climbing. Just because I did, that doesn't make it a very good plan.”

Odds are that by refusing to be sometimes hypocritical, you'll result in repeating your own mistakes, by mentally denying the concept that you shouldn't have done that to begin with, and furthermore causing other people to imitate your actions, all because you were afraid of being a hypocrite. Might as well just say, “Call me a hypocrite, but I don't think you should copy all of my mistakes, just for the sake of argument,” instead of saying, “Don't call me a hypocrite, you should do exactly everything I've already done, it can't hurt to try,” while you simultaneously are hungover with a broken leg.