Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » JJ2+ Issue Tracker

Bug Report Screen Loading Bug??

JCF Member

Spaz Nitro has disabled reputation

May 11, 2018, 03:58 AM
Post Screen Loading Bug??

So i have just installed the new jj2+ update and when i'm trying to join a server this appears:
https://s7.postimg.cc/pqa39nc2z/Capture.png
yep a white empty screen i remember that the last update had a "DOWNLOADING" text with files names and downloading percent but now it shows this:
https://s7.postimg.cc/ylaxk560b/capture_2.png
no text or anything just a black loading bar and after the black loading bar finishes there is no level name like in this photo:
https://s7.postimg.cc/pqa39nc2z/Capture.png
And sometimes when i join some servers it crashes and shows me this message about an invalid animation or something like that :
https://s7.postimg.cc/6xy862097/capture_3.png
Sometimes also when i join a server the level name appears with weird letters
Does this happen only at me? and is there any solution??

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

May 11, 2018, 10:49 PM
This is not something I remember hearing about before. What are the file sizes of your plus.j2a and plus.dll files?

JCF Member

May 26, 2018, 01:56 PM
plus.dll size is 3,824 kb
plus.j2a size is 210 kb
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!S!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!E!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!C!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!L!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JCF Éminence Grise

May 28, 2018, 02:01 PM
It looks like your JJ2+ is trying to read an earlier version of plus.j2a elsewhere on your computer, either in your Cache folder or in a folder listed in the AdditionalFileFolders in your plus.ini.

JCF Member

May 30, 2018, 07:47 PM
Soo...what is the solution??
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!S!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!E!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!C!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!L!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JCF Éminence Grise

May 30, 2018, 08:07 PM
It depends somewhat on why that plus.j2a is there to begin with, but it comes down to this: don't have an earlier version of plus.j2a in a folder that JJ2+ reads from. Assuming you don't have a plus.j2a in your cache, because I can't think why you would: either update that other installation of JJ2+ to version 5.6 as well, or else remove the folder from AdditionalFileFolders.

JCF Member

Jun 8, 2018, 04:53 AM
I found that i had plus.j2a and plus.dll in my cache and in my jj2+ folder....
I just deleted the ones in the cache folder and the game was fixed
Thanks for the help.
Closed Thread