Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

World's Largest Jazz Jackrabbit Collection on Display

JCF Member

Bartjaah is doing well so far

Dec 17, 2017, 02:03 PM
Exclamation World's Largest Jazz Jackrabbit Collection on Display

Hi all,

A friend of mine, who isn't active on this forum asked me to share this here. I bet you'll love it!

Bart.

Last edited by Stijn; Dec 17, 2017 at 02:53 PM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Dec 17, 2017, 05:23 PM
This sounds interesting, but I wonder how true it is. Poking around the guy's website, I don't see much beyond what's shown in this panorama photo on the twelfth shelf (also visible in this video while he talks about Battery Check). So there are some boxes and CD cases, and a cool jacket, but... that's it? Not even the plush doll? So hopefully there's something here that he just hasn't bothered showing before.

Banned

luke11685 is doing well so far

Dec 18, 2017, 04:52 AM
I remember that I had jazz jackrabbit 2 box with cd-rom disc with illustration of Lori Jackrabbit so it was the secret files, but I lost this physical copy btw I remember two enclosed videos in cd-rom files of this pc game one very bizarre video with some aliens hanging disc with text named "THIS" and second video was like documental video making of some sort of Counter-Strike like pc game shooter I remember this quite well.
PC-King

JCF Member

PC-King has disabled reputation

Dec 18, 2017, 05:17 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm the guy from the Jazz Jackrabbit exhibition posted here by Bartjaah.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Anne Bras and I do very much understand it all seems a bit "suspicious". You guys are talking for years now about Jazz Jackrabbit and showing your collections to each other. And all of a sudden a guy you've never heard of shows up out of nowhere, claims to have World's Largest Jazz Jackrabbit Collection without showing any actual proof. Who does he think he is? Well let me explain it a bit.

For 11 years now I'm collecting Big Boxed PC Games (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFAz9fkXxx4). This is a passion that I will definitely follow for the rest of my life. A few years ago I just had the original Jazz Jackrabbit games in big box and a sealed Jazz Jackrabbit Jacket (as can be seen in my video http://www.annebras.nl/extra/jazzgames.jpg). It took me years to find them and I'm very happy that I have them in my collection.

Then I met Bart (Bartjaah on this forum). He showed me his Jazz Jackrabbit awesomeness and my passion for Jazz Jackrabbit began to grow even more. Bart introduced me to his uncle who used to work at Project Two Interactive. He saw that I was very serious with collecting and he was searching for a good home for his Project Two Interactive stuff so he gave the things he had double to me (including quite some unique Jazz Jackrabbit items that were only visible during the actual release). This all happened a couple of months ago and I wanted to share this awesomeness with all you guys with this exhibition.

It's all in storage at the moment and I also don't want to spoil too much, but I can promise you all that you've never seen this much official Jazz Jackrabbit stuff together in your life.

I hope I've convinced you guys that all of this is very much real!!!
And you're all very welcome to visit this special Jazz Jackrabbit exhibition!

https://image.ibb.co/cjxyZm/Jazz_Flyer.png

More about me: http://www.pc-king.nl/
luke11685

Banned

Dec 18, 2017, 05:54 AM
Hey user PC-KING if you love playing jazz jackrabbit maybe you should try to start playing unreleased jj3d alpha demo that was cancelled.
PC-King

JCF Member

Dec 18, 2017, 06:13 AM
Hey Luke11685!

I'm not sure if I would like the 3D part of it, but I'm definitely going to give it a try.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 06:38 AM
luke11685
This message has been deleted by Stijn. Reason: you're doing it again
luke11685

Banned

Dec 18, 2017, 07:06 AM
If you'd like PC-KING you can play jazz jackrabbit advance and ios jazz jackrabbit demo.
PC-King

JCF Member

Dec 18, 2017, 07:38 AM
I did play JJ Advance! It was okay but still doesn't come close to the awesomeness of the first 2 Jazz Jackrabbit games in my opinion. Never heard of the ios JJ demo before, but wouldn't be able to play it since I'm an android user. Maybe in the future. Not so sure what to expect though. Is it made by someone on this forum?

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Dec 18, 2017, 08:05 AM
I'm really curious what the largest JJ collection could be, I'm (very) sure some here could challenge that statement

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Dec 18, 2017, 08:20 AM
Regardless of whether this is really *the* biggest collection or simply *a* big collection it's still pretty cool. I didn't know about this museum, but it looks like it would be fun to visit, doubly so if there's a Jazz-themed bit going on as well. Would definitely try to check this out if I were in the country

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Dec 18, 2017, 08:22 AM
It's fun! Years ago when it was still on the old location, i've made a video report about it. The new location seems to be huge and representing all the stuff

Dutch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGK2rRDNzWI

Mystic Legends

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Dec 18, 2017, 09:28 AM
It'd be cool to see this stuff. I know Bartjaah showed some of his (former) stuff here before, such as the 'rolling demo' version of JJ2 meant for retail stores.

I might visit the museum sometime. It's not exactly around the corner for me, but at least the exhibition is there for several months.

Super Moderator

Dec 18, 2017, 09:36 AM
oooh bartjah is Dosgamert!

Mystic Legends

PC-King

JCF Member

Dec 18, 2017, 09:40 AM
Please let us know if one of you is planning to visit the museum! Bartjaah and I would love to show you around!!!

Last edited by PC-King; Dec 18, 2017 at 09:54 AM.
PC-King

JCF Member

Dec 18, 2017, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGPW View Post
I'm really curious what the largest JJ collection could be, I'm (very) sure some here could challenge that statement
Challenge accepted!
luke11685

Banned

Dec 18, 2017, 09:52 AM
Please keep in mind user PC-KING that we usually editing our posts not posting multiple comments because that's against forum rules.

Super Moderator

Dec 18, 2017, 09:56 AM
PC-King pssst, could you come to Discord for a moment?

Mystic Legends

JCF Member

Dec 18, 2017, 05:44 PM
Quote:
oooh BartjaAh is Dosgamert!
Yeah, I'm Dosgamert. An active underdog youtuber for over 10 years, posting extremely high quality gameplay footage on the youtubes. It's a fantastic hobby, although I haven't got the time to do much for this channel lately.

Quote:
Then I met Bart (Bartjaah on this forum). He showed me his Jazz Jackrabbit awesomeness and my passion for Jazz Jackrabbit began to grow even more. Bart introduced me to his uncle who used to work at Project Two Interactive. He saw that I was very serious with collecting and he was searching for a good home for his Project Two Interactive stuff so he gave the things he had double to me
When I met Anne, I saw that he's a serious game collector. Besides to that, quite the collector of everything that's worth collecting, don't get me started on this We both are Jazz fans since day one. Heck, I made hundreds of levels and figured out how to build tilesets on my own when I was a maybe 10 year old (that was tough). Never built anything mentionable, but I did built stuff. When Anne and I started talkin about Jazz collectables, he was quite jealous about my Jazz 2 Magnet sticker, yo-yo a mousepad and rolling demo. My uncle and I took care of that. He has even more Jazz Jackrabbit collectables than I do now. Even some awesome orignal posters you've never seen before. But hey, I'm not going to spoil everything that's in there... Just take a look for yourselves! Let's say everythings original. Anne's got it straight of a Project Two CEO from back in the day, which is a really close relative of mine and stored all of it very neat in a storage unit. So if you like Jazz Jackrabbit memorabilia, come check it out!

Here's an impression of Anne's collection one year ago. It's in Dutch, but the video has correct English captions. Warning: This video contains hate-able ex-girlfriends, some overdone contrast and dudes with awesome ponytails that are gone by now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_MskbZVtcM

Bart

Last edited by Bartjaah; Dec 18, 2017 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Lame English
PC-King

JCF Member

Dec 19, 2017, 12:07 AM
I also managed to pick some extra JJ items from the internet in the last couple of months to fill up some gaps in the collection. And 2 more items are still on their way. Hope they'll be there on time so they can at least join the other items in the collection later in time.
luke11685

Banned

Dec 19, 2017, 10:04 AM
Hey is this possible user PC-KING to get this unique Jazz Jackrabbit T-Shirt?
https://m.imgur.com/UopFv5K very rare I found it somewhere on Google graphics. That photo I can't find it now so I backuped it to imgur.com
Anubis

JCF Member

Anubis is doing well so far

Dec 19, 2017, 02:52 PM
I'm planning to visit with Sperry when I'm in the Netherlands on February 18th, anyone wanna join?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 03:15 PM
cooba
This message has been deleted by Stijn.
PC-King

JCF Member

Dec 19, 2017, 11:56 PM
Hey everyone!

I might have some extra awesome news concerning the Jazz Jackrabbit Exhibition! There will be a band performing LIVE Jazz Jackrabbit Music during one of the exhibition days!!! I heard you guys were talking about a meetup. The earlier I know when you guys will be coming, the more change I'll be able to plan the LIVE JJ performance on the day of the meetup!

Let me know if/when you guys have planned a meetup. If ShadowGPW and/or Stijn are okay with it it might be good to have them as your contact person for the meetup. Then they can communicate directly with me about it. Would that be okay (or you can post it here on the forum)?

I see Anubis and Sperry already planned something on Sunday February 18th. If I don't hear anything from you guys, I will try to plan it on that date.

Hope to here from you all soon!

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Dec 20, 2017, 04:08 AM
Well that sounds really cool, great idea! I nominate Shadow as liaison since I don't know if I'll even be in the country during the exhibition, though

Super Moderator

Dec 20, 2017, 09:32 AM
ha!

Mystic Legends

Vegito

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Dec 21, 2017, 08:08 AM
I'd like to visit too, but not sure when yet .

JCF Member

Simon is doing well so far

Dec 21, 2017, 10:27 AM
I'm contemplating to visit, too. Saturdays would be ideal, but a Sunday works too in a pinch. It's a 5-hour drive from Germany.

I speedrun Jazz 1 and would be happy to run live at the event, with marathon commentary tailored to casual- and non-Jazz-players.

The next few months in my life, I can't plan well ahead at all. I should give a clearer statement in early February whether I can attend on February 18th.

-- Simon
Anubis

JCF Member

Anubis is doing well so far

Dec 21, 2017, 10:43 AM
Wow, so much interest. I'm coming from Germany as well (Karlsruhe), and I'm planning to be in the Netherlands on Feb 18th for a metal concert in Amsterdam, which is why it's the best date for me.

Saturday the 17th could work as well if Sunday is bad for someone, since I'm arriving in Amsterdam at 13:30 on the 17th, but I experience train delays so often that I wouldn't count on being on time that day

JCF Member

Dec 21, 2017, 03:07 PM
I'd probably stay for 1 or 2 nights, then drive back Sunday night. I'm good as long as the action is around Sunday noon or Sunday afternoon. In turn, that means I'd be up for random extra things on Saturday.

-- Simon
PC-King

JCF Member

Dec 22, 2017, 07:01 AM
Hey everyone,

Since the majority of you are aiming to visit the museum on Sunday February 18, I have decided to plan the LIVE Jazz Jackrabbit performance on that day. Hope you're all okay with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
I speedrun Jazz 1 and would be happy to run live at the event, with marathon commentary tailored to casual- and non-Jazz-players.
@Simon - That would be really awesome!!! It would really be an honor to see you speedrun JJ1 live during the event! Would you be okay with doing this on Sunday February 18? Is there anything you need besides a computer with Jazz Jackrabbit 1 on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
I'm good as long as the action is around Sunday noon or Sunday afternoon.
Since the museum is open from 12:00 to 17:00 that day, I don't think that would be a problem. I'm even going to try if I can have the doors of the museum to be opened at 10:00 for this special event. It has been my experience that Epic days like these (pun intended) go by way too fast, so let's stretch it as much as possible!

I'll keep you all posted!

-- Anne Bras (The PC-King)
Old Dec 23, 2017, 09:10 AM
PC-King
This message has been deleted by PC-King.

JCF Member

Dec 23, 2017, 06:11 PM
Yes, Sunday, Feb 18th should work between 10 and 17. I've sent you an email for contact.

If you organize a machine with Jazz: The game should be Jazz 1.0 (Floppy release). In a pinch, either of the two Jazz 1.2 releases will do (CD releases without episode X). But it may not be Jazz 1.3 (CD release with episode X); this is unrunnable because of the almost-impassable Orbitus 2 that is extremely precise to pass due to development oversights Detailed version differences, contact me if there is any trouble finding the right version.

If Jazz runs in DOSBox, I'd like to get a chance to look at/tamper with the Dosbox config files and playtest the setup -- but we can discuss that closer to the event. If Jazz runs on native DOS, I can't give pointers because I haven't done that in 15 years.

-- Simon

Last edited by Simon; Dec 23, 2017 at 06:25 PM.

JCF Member

Dec 29, 2017, 10:34 PM
Today we're (PC-KING and I) move the collection from one museum to the other. Wanna stay posted? Follow us today on instagram. We might fo live every now and then on @Dosgamert and/or @Bartjaah.

Bart
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:58 PM
PC-King
This message has been deleted by PC-King.
PC-King

JCF Member

Jan 2, 2018, 01:27 PM
Cool

Fasten your seatbelts!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJn-fDLsefQ

JCF Member

G@vie is doing well so far

Jan 3, 2018, 04:35 AM
That's awesome. I'll be there too for sure

Last edited by G@vie; Jan 3, 2018 at 04:53 AM.

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Jan 15, 2018, 08:11 AM
As stated in the newspost, I'll be there as well Feb 18.

I can't be there all day, so preferably a timeframe in which to meet and greet could be consulted sometime beforehand.

JCF Member

Jan 16, 2018, 12:06 PM
> timeframe in which to meet and greet could be consulted sometime beforehand.

12:00 would suit me.

Anne wanted to schedule with the museum to open already before noon. Planned is speedrun around 13:00, music around 15:00, but I'll probably run several times that day.

-- Simon
PC-King

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2018, 12:51 AM
For more info about the schedule of the Jazz Jackrabbit Event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/186897008709365/

Super Moderator

Jan 24, 2018, 11:00 AM
very cool!

Mystic Legends

JCF Member

Jan 30, 2018, 06:28 AM
I'll be at the museum on Saturday, 17th, from 14:00 on, in case anybody else arrives on that day already.

On Sunday 18th, I'll be at the museum all day, from 10 to 17. But meeting at 12:00 is still a good time.

-- Simon
PC-King

JCF Member

Feb 9, 2018, 09:57 AM
Hey everyone,

I've got some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that Arjan Brussee can't come to the event, but (the good news) I'm very exited to say that Michiel van der Leeuw and Nando Eweg can and most likely will come to the event.

They're probably going with their families, so it would be nice to not bother them too much.

See you guys there!
~ Anne Bras

JCF Member

Ðx is doing well so far

Feb 17, 2018, 06:42 AM
Tomorrow ))