Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

Have a Mac? (PC users read too)

Blood_Glory

JCF Member

Blood_Glory is doing well so far

Jul 8, 2006, 10:45 PM
Have a Mac? (PC users read too)

Does anyone here use a Mac to play JJ2? I do...

I've just purchased the full version for Mac, and I was wondering, does the Mac version come with a level editor? Could I download it if it doesn't?

And also, can I use custom levels the PC users have made with my Mac version?

Any help would be apreciated.
Thanks!
Bobby aka Dizzy

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)istrator

Bobby aka Dizzy is doing well so far

Jul 8, 2006, 11:59 PM
The Mac version does not have a level editor and there is none available.

But you can run all of the custom levels that were made on the PC level editor (JCS).
Cheese

JCF Member

Cheese is doing well so far

Jul 9, 2006, 11:12 AM
I doubt it.
The macs at my school couldn't even handle .zip files
If yours can though, feel free to download as much as you want!

JCF Member

Shuichi_Shindo is doing well so far

Jul 9, 2006, 01:00 PM
I'm sure some that some geek has actually ported the Level Design from a PC onto a Mac. You can Google it up if you want. I mean anything a PC can do, a Mac can do. And anything a Mac can do a PC can do. No I'm not doing that I can do better song. But you can try Googling it and looking for it.

I keep hearing voices in my head. I want them all to go away. Except for the one that gives me the answers to my math test.
n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Jul 9, 2006, 01:27 PM
While we're at it, does anyone have a Commodore 64 port of the JCS?
I mean it has to exist. Anything a mac can do, Commodore 64 can do better
Mind Googling it for me? I mean, I know it exists, I'm just too lazy to go and get it myself.

JCF Member

Birdie is doing well so far

Jul 9, 2006, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b
While we're at it, does anyone have a Commodore 64 port of the JCS?
I mean it has to exist. Anything a mac can do, Commodore 64 can do better
Mind Googling it for me? I mean, I know it exists, I'm just too lazy to go and get it myself.
I just wondered if that existed yesterday.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jul 9, 2006, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuichi_Shindo
I'm sure some that some geek has actually ported the Level Design from a PC onto a Mac.
Uh, we'd know if someone did it.

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Jul 9, 2006, 01:56 PM
Using a Mac with OS X86 (and obviously an Intel-based processor) and a bit of hard work, getting the PC JCS to work would probably be quite possible. I doubt it'd ever work on a PPC-based Mac though.

JCF Member

Sonyk is doing well so far

Jul 9, 2006, 03:28 PM
...please stop saying OS X86.

http://darwine.opendarwin.org/
That's the WINE port for OS X, which currently can't run any code on a PPC Mac, but should work as well as WINE for an Intel Mac. I've gotten JCS to run on Linux with WINE, I'm sure the same result could be achieved with Darwine.

However, to install Darwine requires some dabbling with the terminal, if you're not comfortable with a CLI, you should probably avoid it.

EDIT: Apparently, it has an installer. Go figure.

Last edited by Sonyk; Jul 9, 2006 at 06:37 PM.

JCF Member

Jul 9, 2006, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooba
Uh, we'd know if someone did it.
Not really. Just because this is a unoffical JJ2 site, doesn't mean that it has every single JJ2 program that fans have done/ported/whatever.

I keep hearing voices in my head. I want them all to go away. Except for the one that gives me the answers to my math test.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jul 10, 2006, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Just because this is a unoffical JJ2 site, doesn't mean that it has every single JJ2 program that fans have done/ported/whatever.
Jazz2Online has been the primary search result on Google and searchers alike for several years. I see people from this community link to J2O wherever a Jazz Jackrabbit topic comes up in a different place. There's no way the said "geek who ported j2l" wouldn't find out about J2O and wouldn't post it in the downloads.

JCF Member

Jul 10, 2006, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooba
Jazz2Online has been the primary search result on Google and searchers alike for several years. I see people from this community link to J2O wherever a Jazz Jackrabbit topic comes up in a different place. There's no way the said "geek who ported j2l" wouldn't find out about J2O and wouldn't post it in the downloads.
And your point is? Just because this sites the top Google result, still doesn't mean that people that play the game comes here. I know 3 people at my LAN party that have never heard of this site but love the game.

Going back on topic. My friend who does coding and porting might make a port for the level editer for the Mac. I'll talk to him later and see about that. But until then, I be vacationing while dying from the heat.

n00b

JCF Veteran

Jul 10, 2006, 10:04 AM
I think what you should do is google up the Mac JCS port and see what you can find instead of arguing over it's existence without any proof yourself (excpet for the chance a freind might make one).

What the hell was the point of bringing something up that probably doesn't exist without any proof?

JCF Member

Jul 10, 2006, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b
I think what you should do is google up the Mac JCS port and see what you can find instead of arguing over it's existence without any proof yourself (excpet for the chance a freind might make one).
Did that already thank you very much. I do have enough common sense to Google it. But that doesn't mean that someone might be working on it or might have already but haven't posted online just yet or something.

n00b

JCF Veteran

Jul 10, 2006, 10:37 AM
Hey everyone, I have the source code to JJ2, I'm just can't be bothered to post it online. Someone else *might* have it, so let's pretend they actually do.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jul 10, 2006, 10:46 AM
Please continue this via PM's, because you've both made your point now.
Blood_Glory

JCF Member

Blood_Glory is doing well so far

Jul 22, 2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the help everyone.

Quote:
My friend who does coding and porting might make a port for the level editer for the Mac. I'll talk to him later and see about that. But until then, I be vacationing while dying from the heat.
That'd be great if he could do that, He'd be greatly apreciated in the Mac Jazz 2 community!

JCF Member

Sonyk is doing well so far

Jul 22, 2006, 06:39 PM
Of which there are all of 10 users. There just isn't that big a demand for it.

Though if someone really wants to make one, by all means, let them go ahead.