Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

Ridiculous Improv Mapping Contest

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Nov 3, 2010, 09:04 PM
Typical maybe, but a bit of a bother since he didn't leave anyone else to possibly take his place...

It would be nice if the people who contributed here could be rewarded or even acknowledged, even if it's just a nice post saying "you win!!!". I don't want people to be discouraged from participating in future contests because of this.

Is anyone able to contact n00b? It's been about a month now since he last posted.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 04:30 PM
KiMO
This message has been deleted by KiMO.

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Nov 27, 2010, 07:07 PM
I don't think n00b plans on returning any time soon.

I actually had an idea a little while ago, which might help this. The 2010 JCS awards will be soon, and I'll probably be organizing them like I did last year (nominations would start in mid december). I figured that if n00b doesn't come back to finish his contest, I could add a new 2010-only category to the JCS awards: best single-screen level/upload. That would not resolve n00b's contest, but it would at least acknowledge the people who contributed by letting them be in the yearly awards.

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Dec 17, 2010, 06:45 PM
I noticed that n00b has posted in a different thread today. Is there any chance this contest will be judged?

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left
n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Dec 18, 2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglobite View Post
I noticed that n00b has posted in a different thread today. Is there any chance this contest will be judged?
Yeah there is. Originally there were going to be four categories of judging, one of which involved making crude recreations of the levels out of cardboard and stuff and trying to fit as many similarly sized balloons into the empty space as possible. Points would have been awarded based on the number of balloons that could fit in the non tile space.

Life got in the way and I wound up never having time to do that bit and like I kinda forgot this was happening. I guess I could replace it with a user voting category if theres still interest (which would probably be better since it evens out the serious and silly categories).

JCF Member

Obi1mcd is OFF DA CHARTObi1mcd is OFF DA CHARTObi1mcd is OFF DA CHART

Dec 18, 2010, 02:06 PM
I'm still interested, and I'd say quite a few others would be too.

JCF Member

Obi1mcd is OFF DA CHARTObi1mcd is OFF DA CHARTObi1mcd is OFF DA CHART

Feb 12, 2011, 06:49 AM
*bump*
Not to sound impatient or anything, but any word on those notes you were looking for, n00b?